Microsoft Sales Goals...

Posted by Morag2

In an article about the Xbox 360 in my local paper yesterday, it said that Microsoft claimed that there goal was to have 1 billion consumers for the xbox360... can anyone confirm this? I think there dreaming if they believe they'll even get close to a billion... thats like 1 our of every 6 or 7 people...

Posted by Speedfreak

Um, no.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, that's there goal. They mentioned it a couple times during there conference at E3. Basically, it's impossible and just sounds good, that's all.

Posted by Arczu

Unless they think everybody is going to buy 3 copies of the consoles too, there is no way.

I mean, come on! Loook how many people just HAVE a console.

Posted by Morag2

Quoting Arczu]ucking stupid.

Quoted post: You're joking, they actually said that? It doesn't sound impressive, it sounds ****ing stupid.

You'll have to watch the conference. They say it so you barely notice, yet make it sound impressive and not stupid. It wasn't until I finished watching it I thought "wait, wtf?"

Posted by Axis

I literally laughed my *** of when they made the comment.

Posted by boomstick

I remember them saying that, but I thought they meant the game industry in general in the next generation, not just Xbox 360.

Quoted post: I remember them saying that, but I thought they meant the game industry in general in the next generation, not just Xbox 360.

He said "our goal". Not the industry's. But maybe you're right. It sounds a lot more feasible. Even if it's still pretty impossible at this point.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: He said "our goal". Not the industries. But maybe you're right. It sounds a lot more feasible. Even if it's still pretty impossible at this point.

Oh, wow, that's....crazy.

Posted by Morag2

I think even if it was the whole industry it would never happen... oh well... I'm gonna sit there laughing as the xbox360 sells 1/20th... maybe 1/10th at best of there goal... like they'd need to make the thing a game console/dvd player/60" TV/Dishwasher/Laundry Machine/Microwave/Basketball/Kitchen Sink all in one and have it selling for $50 bucks to sell that many.

Posted by Random

Keep Dreaming Microsoft.. Keep Dreaming.. Just tell yourself that and it'll all be ok...
-_-'

Posted by TendoAddict

1 billion, *** thats a joke.

They might as well just made a sign made with crayon saying
"1 billiondy million persons" with the B backwards.

Posted by soeyjin

Quoting Morag2: In an article about the Xbox 360 in my local paper yesterday, it said that Microsoft claimed that there goal was to have 1 billion consumers for the xbox360... can anyone confirm this? I think there dreaming if they believe they'll even get close to a billion... thats like 1 our of every 6 or 7 people...

theres know way they can but they well sale more then any other i can tell you that. they have free online play that ganna be a really big saler

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I too find it laughable to think that 1 billion people will own said product. Is there not only 6.5 billion people in the world? That makes every one in six people an owner of the 360. When you look at countries like Kenya and Madagascar, it makes one think, "Gee, do you think that people that can't even afford food can afford to buy a 360?" Did you know that $100 has the capability to feed an African village of ten familes for four years? I'm sure that the whole of the country will be bandwagoning 12 years of their food for a 360.

Thanks Microsoft, but no.

Posted by Random

Urg well not necessarily.. if they Make it Addicting but crappy, they'll sell maybe 2 or 3 per each person making the Ratio a bit better :-P But it's highly unlikely. I don't really see how it's possible. It is but it's highly doubtful.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting SomebodyRandom: f they Make it Addicting but crappy, they'll sell maybe 2 or 3 per each person making the Ratio a bit better

Please tell me the amount of the demographic that will actually spend ove $1000.00USD on a console. Per person? Come on, clearly unresonable. I personally can say that I only know 1 person that has "double conoles (two PS2's)" and that is because one broke.

So, case in point, there flat out will not be enough people willing to buy "2 or 3" 360's.

Posted by Random

Well i'm saying if they break. Is what I mean. They make sales for everytime they break and you get a new one. Even with Warranties that counts as a new sale. But I do know a few people with a few Xbox's for LAN parties. But I highly doubt the 360 will sell so high.

Posted by nich

So they could make them extremely cheap hoping that people will buy 2 or 3 replacements when their first breaks? I don't think so, the bum rep they'd recieve from the quality of the system would be enough to hinder their hopes of meeting 500 mill, let alone 1 billion.