A Mario game that isn't as Silly as most

Posted by Arczu

You know, it would be nice to see a game where Mario would have to be serious.

I mean, all of Mario's recent games have been fun, for the most part. But what if it was changed up to look like a dark story? Hold up-- what about those villans eh? Most of them are on the same level of fun as he is. Any "evil" is usually linked to Bowser who in turn is one-upped by Mario and... well it doesn't go anyway.

I would like to see a Mario game where it was done in a whole different way. Serious where it would be respected by a few older people. Ugh, it's hard to think of it.

Posted by Dexter

Ah, you got me thinking about many things they could do with that. It is difficult for me to imagine a darker Mario or Luigi. It would be superb if they allowed us to be the villains, although more sinister. We could make our way through the Mushroom Kingdom and do our malicious deeds.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Dexter: It would be superb if they allowed us to be the villains, although more sinister. We could make our way through the Mushroom Kingdom and do our malicious deeds.

I would love that. Being able to play as Bowser, wreaking havoc throughout the Mushroom Kingdom? Hell yeah.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Paper Mario 2 was extremely dark for a Mario game, IMO. The final boss is especially creepy and not at all related to Bowser (though he was one of the final fights).

Posted by Arczu

Yeah, it was a big reach down there, but not quite what I think it could be. I mean, serious. We are talking about an ally who may actually die (although it doesn't have to come to that).

Using good graphics with a dark aura, getting something that-- while grabbing a few laughs once in awhile-- keeping to it's colors. It's really hard to think of it. Taking a character who (for the most part) doesn't talk much and getting him to keep a good face on. I think of the look Mario has in SSB:M had a good idea. You really didn't see him smile in just about all of his moves.

Posted by Morag2

I would really like that, in the rare levels where you got to play as Bowser in Paper Mario 2, I really enjoyed every minute of it. In Paper Mario I really liked Twilight Town for the dark creepy aspect... now having a whole game like that would be rather impressive.

Posted by Golden Archer

Hmm.. Playing as Bowser would be nice. But... a goomba... now you got my attention.

I fear only the stomping! *100th post*

Posted by Tails

What about Giga Bowser? That guy would give me nightmares if I was about 5 or 6. What would Mario's goal be, though? The kidnapping of Peach is used far to much (so why doesn't it ever get old?!). I actually thought of an RPG game where the world of Nintendo goes crazy and Mario must fight along side Link and stuff, and throw in plenty of big, scary bosses... but then it would get cute with Kirby by fighting Waddle Dees and King Dedede... what to do...

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Tails: I actually thought of an RPG game where the world of Nintendo goes crazy and Mario must fight along side Link and stuff, and throw in plenty of big, scary bosses... but then it would get cute with Kirby by fighting Waddle Dees and King Dedede... what to do...

So basically a non-Disney, Nintendo made, and a little darker version of Kingdom Hearts?

Posted by Tails

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Posted by Drewboy64

Mario: The Decapitator!

A new first person shooter starring Mario! Take Mario through a series of dark tunnels where he will face evil zombie goombas, the undead koopas and ghosts! Use his ultra super Discombobulation Gun (designed by Dr. Egadd) to make the enemies' organs pop! Rescue Luigi from the terrible Bowser, who has violently slaughtered dozens of Mushroom Kingdom inhabitants in a genocide! Ride Double Dash Karts, now equipped with rocket launchers, chain guns and gauss rifles!

Posted by Fate

Screw seriousness. You guys haven't played the funny that is Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi. They look comical to be comical.

Though I wouldn't mind playing as King Koopa himself.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Fate: You guys haven't played the funny that is Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi.

Are you sure of that?? :)

Quoting Fate: Though I wouldn't mind playing as King Koopa himself.

And yes, that'd be cool. Very cool.

Posted by Drewboy64

"You guys haven't played the funny that is Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi." - Fate
Haha, Engrish!

Maybe Nintendo should be like Sega and give Shadow Mario a pistol...

Posted by Linko_16

Mario was originally designed to have a water gun of sorts in Super Mario Sunshine, but it was changed to a pump as a means to sway back towards non-violence; with so many shooter games today, a water gun could easily be related to a true gun through the undoubtably similar game play that would have to be encorperated. A wise choice, I believe, and I'd loathe the decision to give any Mario characters guns as much as I do giving Shadow a gun in his upcoming title.

Quoting Fate: [color=skyblue]Though I wouldn't mind playing as King Koopa himself.

Yeah, and not the ridiculous sub-levels dropped pointlessly into Paper Mario 2. I was so excited about that, only to be miserably disappointed. >.<
[/color]

Posted by The Joker

Silly Mario games are cool becasue they make people laugh!