Gorillaz

Posted by Izonik

Who else loves Gorillaz? Brilliant side-project from Mr. Albarn.

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on Rock It? I like the song, but it isn't on any album.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, this obviously belong in the music board.

Anyways, they suck. From what I care to remember anyways.

Posted by G-Sides

There aren't too many songs I like by them (even though, ironically, my screenname is one of their album names), and wtf is up with them playing their shows behind a curtain?

I do like 5/4, though.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]wtf is up with them playing their shows behind a curtain?

They'd get gunned down otherwise. They's kevlar curtains thar.

Posted by Poco

I enjoy the gorillaz. Not there title song, clint eastwood, but 5/4, tommorow Comes Today, the Christmas remix of Rock the House, and Left Hand Suzuki Method. I also like 12D3, and Ghost Train.

I admit, the new album was a let down. it sounded like Albarn was asleep through the entire thing. I only liked O Green World, Demon Days, and Kids With Guns. Dirty Harry is a good track,too.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting G-Sides: and wtf is up with them playing their shows behind a curtain?

Weren't their identities a mystery for a while?

Posted by Mixhael

Early on in like one of the very first live shows they did in L.A., they didn't "perform". Instead, a big screen dropped down and the cartoon drawings were on it singing the songs live (?). It was probably a big train wreck. Fans who paid money to watch a live cartoon on a giant movie theatre size screen don't deserve to have disposable income.

The whole Gorillaz project was pretty boring to me, as a big fan of both Del and Dan the Automator it was a letdown. I heard the new album and its not really that bad. They have MF DOOM and De La Soul on it which is just nuts, so they get bonus points for that

Posted by Izonik

The screen thing is because no-one on earth would be thick enough to ruin the identities of their cartoon band. The live shows are renoened as being brilliant.
Gorillaz don't really have 'identities'. The characters are COMPLETELY made up. The whole thing is really just Damon Albarn and guest stars. They do perform live at shows, but behing the screen, so as not to ruin everything.

Playing in front of everyone would be like a Santa Claus saying: "I'M NOT REALLY SANTA, I'M JUST AN ACTOR! HE DOESN'T EXIST!"

Posted by Raptor

I always thought they played behind a curtain because they're so embarrassed about how awful their music is. Cartoon characters don't care when you throw squishy foodstuffs at them.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I enjoy them for a mellow chill. People in this thread listen to bands I think suck much worse thant he Gorillaz, that's for sure

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I enjoy them for a mellow chill. People in this thread listen to bands I think suck much worse thant he Gorillaz, that's for sure

Respec. *Ali G click*

Posted by Disturbed_one

I like the Gorillaz and im ****ed that they stopped making music here in america

Posted by Dragon X

THE gORRILAZ ARE COOL. tHEIR SONGS ROCK!

Posted by Klarth

hey there how's that caps lock treating you sir

Posted by Ant

hEH, lOL, gORILIAZ RULE!

But seriously...I'm not like a rabid fan or anything, but I do like some of their songs.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

They're good, really good when you want the break from hard music.
I like other bands MUCH more, but these guys always have a place in my heart.