Open challenge :D

Posted by Dark

I haven't simmed in forever and even so I still stink at it. :p

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Hiya. ^.^ I'll fight you... but only if you promise to stay active! I've already had two fights gone awry by my opponent's inactivity issues... >.<

So! I'll be using Lilith to fight you. Would you like to have the first strike or arena?

Posted by Dark

I get First Strike, you can get arena. I'm not good at it anyways :(

I think I fought you before in Game Over, but we never finished :p

Posted by KuraiKitsune

((Wait a sec... do you want to fight with the old style (You attack: I post if I get hit), or the new style? (You attack and hit: I attack and post if I hit with my attack.) Personally, I prefer the first, but... :dunno: ))

Posted by Dark

Whichever you prefer.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

[COLOR=SandyBrown]((Mmkay. ^.^ The old style it is, then. Sorry it's so short... x.x))

Darkness ruled the sky, stretching its mighty hand above the forest below in the form of clouds that shunned normally warm rays of the sun. The vast expanse of trees that spanned out beneath it was dry and barren; though the survivors among their number felt the relief that came in the form of shade, they also seemed to moan in displeasure-- the clouds above them held no water, but vast amounts of airborne dust that were trapped in its entirety. The dusty clouds moved in a strange mannerism, hovering lazily in one place before swirling in even the slightest whisper of wind; sometimes, even the sun would shine upon the barren woods.

The air and atmosphere all in all were rather pleasant; warm, albeit dry gusts of wind would occasionally pass through the thin and brittle limbs of the trees, rustling whatever withered leaves still clung desperately to life. A large-scale drought had overcome the area; a drought that had been caused by the kitsune that stood by one of the dying trees.

Breathing out a soft puff of air from her moist black nose, the spiritual entity smirked lightly at the feeling of the water disappearing from the atmosphere. She could hear the crackling of the last leaves as they fell, brittle, from their ancestral branches, and scarcely had to move her black-tipped ears to find the sounds of the vapor escaping the pores in the still-living leaves. Her very breath and presence were caustic to the plant life, draining all moisture and life from their very cells. The trees continued their silent lament of pain and death, falling only on deaf ears.

Turning her violet eyes towards the overcast sky, she closed them briefly while keeping her ears attuned to all sounds around her. Any sign of cracking branches

Posted by Dark

(I don't really get what the "old style is, really; I'll just go along with it?)

Dark was roaming the land, looking for water after going for days without a finding a local village. What he observed in front of his eyes was a dry, burned forest of trees. It looked as if a wildfire had swept through the landscape and left no survivors. He continued his walk through the barren area. As he was walking, he spotted what appeared to be a towering monster. It seemed to be angry, hateful. It leapt at him, but he managed to sink into the ground. Now, he was only a shadow. Reforming a few yards away, he stood still. Suddenly, he was gone. Now, he carefully glided behind a dead tree. Clutching his magic stone, he held it in front of him and chanted some words. Suddenly, shadows seeped out of the ground in the form of crows. They charged at the fox, slashing at it with their razor sharp claws. Then, he took his dark sword out. Raising it in the air, it transformed into a large shuriken. He tossed the spinning dark wheel at his opponent, which seemed unaware of it because of the crows it was fighting. Then, he used his stone again. This time, a completely black mist moved out of it. The entire arena was surrounded in a blinding mist, making it impossible to see. This gave Dark a large advantage, because it allowed the crows to attack more effectively.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

((Well, it looks like you got it. ^.^ Just say that your character strikes at my character, and I write a response. That sort of thing. It makes it easier for the both of us if we don't ***mod.))

Lilith had much information to take in with the appearance of this new... stranger. Once she had leapt at him to attack with her tails, he had simply disappeared from view. Frustrated, she had still been flustered by her initial confusion even as he reappeared a few yards away, slipping silently into the trees. The only thing that she could actually register was his chanting, but could not pinpoint his exact location among the dead trees.

A yelp almost leapt from her throat once the crows appeared; after all, how often was it that birds emerged from the ground...? The vile birds slashed at her with their cruel, hooked nails, cawing at her with their particularly nasty vocabulary before attacking her with their beaks. Lilith had to bow her head quickly down to avoid having her eyes gouged out by the rampaging birds, and yet still felt their vile nails and beaks tearing holes in her flesh. She could feel the fur being ripped from her skin, felt the blood that trickled from the resulting wounds.

Finally beginning to feel impatient with being on the constant, futile defensive position (as well as knowing the crows' attack would not cease), the kitsune flared with a sudden fury, setting her tails alight before trying to knock each bird from the air. Each lash of her tails was like a whip; twin whips with deadly accuracy as they struck at each and every one of her assailants.

By the time she had tried to turn to see where Dark had chosen to hide himself, a large weapon had struck her in the side. She screamed briefly in pain, a genuine cry of agony splitting the air as she felt the shuriken strike her behind her ribs. Luckily, it had not hit the bone; rather, if the edges were dull, she would have been rather severely bruised on her right side. The bladed surface, however, allowed it to slice her skin open, making her double over and crumple onto the forest floor in pain.

Looking up, she felt the mists emerge... and felt the blinding effects of the mist. A small smile emerged on her face, however... despite the straggling crows that still attacked her flesh, she knew that she could grab the high ground in this situation. Wrapping herself in a veil of violet flame, she expanded it outward in a dome-like fashion before leaping towards where she knew Dark stood.

He could make her blind, but he could not make her deaf or render her nose useless. A victorious smile crossed her face, even as she felt its shape change. She continued her path towards him, feeling fingers and palms quickly replace the padded toes and feet of her paws. She felt her muzzle almost crumple in on itself, shrinking before leaving her human nose and lips behind. Her skin paled, and her fur simply burned off her body. Though she still had the slash, it was significantly less noticeable on her now human body. It had taken a surprisingly short time to transform; perhaps maybe a few seconds at most.

Reaching quickly onto her back, she struck at him with her sword; a thin, long blade that swept through the air with surprising speed, sacrificing power for accuracy. The glowing dome of flames around her body illuminated the path ahead of her slightly, allowing her to see what she was striking. She quickly followed up her attack by whipping at him with her still enflamed tails, one after the other, finishing the combo with a well-aimed kick. While none were especially powerful, she knew that the cumulative damage would prove helpful in her cause. The intruder had pranced into her territory... if he would not leave of his own accord, she would have to drag his corpse out of it.

"You! You have had the audacity to attack a kitsune in her home range. Therefore, you shall have a death worthy of your transgression." Snarling, she leapt into one of the trees, keeping her sword drawn in a defensive stance while awaiting his next move.

Posted by Dark

Being slashed, whipped and kicked at the same time wasn't a pleasant feeling. Dark flung backwards about 10 yards, and and his back hit the trunk of a dead tree. His injuries were pretty mild, he received a slash mark on his arm and a burn in his shoulder, otherwise he seemed fine. His cloak served him well.

He ducked behind the tree and reached for the black stone. "We'll see if you're so smart to spot this," he said silently. He clutched his black stone and began to chant another spell. This time, more gas seeped out of the ground, the only difference was it was invisible and poisonous. He directed it to the tree where she stood, surrounding her so that she would surely breathe it in. This was a direct attack on her internal system, and it would eat away at her with deadly side-effects.

Anytime now she would feel her body weaken, she would be unable to move well and it would be harder to lift her arms. Taking advantage of this moment of vulnerability, he began to chant his next spell. This time, formless, humanoid shaped shadows crawled out of the ground. There were about 20 in all. They started their formation. They fell into a large circle around the enemy, ensuring that she wouldn't be able to escape. It seemed that she was unable, anyways. She was coughing alot.

They started to converge, slowly, until suddenly... they jumped. All of the shadows began to bite, slash and damage her in any way the could. They were more violent than any normal person could imagine. "Like my shadows?" he asked. "Then you'll love my clones," he said. Chanting a third spell, another group of shadows formed.

This time, however, they were prefect clones of Dark himself. While the real Dark was hidden using another ability, his clones joined in the attack against the kitsune, ensuring he would not be found.

(By the way, she's not supposed to know he's hidden and can't detect him because he's completely stiill.)

Posted by KuraiKitsune

((Finally, a good challenge! This ought to be interesting. You're quite the good simmer. ^.^))

Something seemed... strange as he walked away from her. Her ears detected his chants, but her mind knew nothing of what he was saying. Her nose detected something odd around her as well, rising around her in a thin coat of fumes at first before surrounding her in a suffocating cloud. Panic ensued within her mind; her lungs felt as if they were on fire, and yet she couldn't see it and didn't know what this strange gas was. The debilitating gases seemed to weaken her body, and her arms felt as if they weighed a ton...

Lilith then began to cough violently, with a viscous liquid escaping her lungs as she clung to the tree for balance. To fall would asure her escape from the gases, and yet there was also the point of a possibly lethal fall. Despite her despairing lungs, she clung to the trunk as hard as she could, never noticing the shadows that leapt at her until they were upon her.

Their teeth were far sharper than the crows', with their claws and numbers simply overwhelming her. Still immobilized by the gases, she could do nothing to escape them other than letting her body fall from the tree, feeling her hair tumble about her as she fell to the ground. Her vision swam as her body struck the earth, thinking for a moment that she was seeing double as Dark's clones loomed above her.

Lashing out blindly with her tails still ablaze, she was shocked to discover that they had struck more than one target; there was indeed more than one "Dark" attacking her. Whatever cool head she had possessed before quickly vanished; panic and fear took its place. Crying out in frustration and confusion, she paid the clones no heed, continuing her wild whipping around her.

She was, however, perfectly aware of the blaze that now erupted around her. She relished the heat as it warmed her flesh, felt a bit more calm as the flames leapt around her in an almost elegant dance. The hungry and eager flames devoured the trees around her, leaping from treetop to treetop before catching the whole dry forest ablaze.

Lilith's eyes seemed to smile at no one as she felt the flames catch her clothes alight, only laughing in maniacal glee as they burned her flesh, peeling and searing away all traces of humanity. Her purest form came to light; a form of pure flames that greeted her opposition.

Her vixen face was all that showed within the almost white ball of flames. Her paws began to burn the very earth beneath her, baking the mud into hard clay. Raising her head, she began to roar, increasing the temperature and ferocity of the blaze in order to maintain her form. The taxing effect on her arms had gone away with the transformation, though the burning in her lungs and the pain of the wounds she had obtained remained with her.

Frustrated with the shadows and clones that still abounded, she opened her jaws, feeling the fire that burned within the pits of her lungs before releasing the flames in the form of fireballs that sped towards them. They were swift, she would give them that... but the alternative to her searing fireballs was the flames of the forest.

Though she could not find Dark through smell, sight, or hearing, she could still whip her tails around to splinter and knock down the trees about her; that way, in order to hide, he would have to be low to the ground, thus courting the flames of her fury.

((This just eliminates hiding places and makes clones harder to create due to the flames. Dark's movement will be limited slightly, but if you're creative, that shouldn't be a problem. ^.^))

Posted by Dark

(I couldn't RP if my life depended on it. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Just posting to say I haven't forgotten. I'm writing up my move later, because I'm at school right now.)

Edit:

As the kitsune transformed into a burning mass of fire, she lit the surrounding area ablaze and began to burn the trees, searching for Dark. He wasted no time devising a new strategy. He recalled all of his clones and shadows, as they were running about trying to avoid the fire, to distract the kitsune.

They again charged at her, flailing madly, trying to distract her. He began to chant his next spell. This time, he used his shadows to cleverly put out the fire burning around him. These brand new shadows jumped onto each of the trees that raged with fire, and formed a sort of ecliptic effect on them as they were gone.

"This won't take long," he thought. Each new shadow jumped at the slowly burning dead trees. "Now, for her," he chanted another spell, but now it was a spherical shadow that formed near the kitsune. It began to wrap around the area where she stood, trapping her in the ball-like shadow. She tried to light it on fire, but no luck. It held strong.

"This will be deadly," he said to himself, commenting on his next attack. This time, he chanted another spell. A rain of shadow needles rained from the air, attacking the kitsune. Dark smiled at his own brilliant strategy.

(Last sentence edited.)

Posted by Dark

This post is just let you know I edited the last post. Sorry for double posting.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

((No problem. I won't be able to post until tomorrow, though... I got a report I have to research. This post will be edited. ^.^

Edit: Wait a minute... you ***modded. o.o You're not allowed to say directly if an attack hit or not... though you can say that the chances of escaping are slim. You can do as much as you want, provided you do not go into definites on hitting or make my character say or do something.

Just clearing things up. I'll wait until you reply to add my post.))

Posted by Dark

Oh, sorry about that. I'll edit my post.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

((Sorry about inactivity issues. I've had to study like a maniac for finals, and I'm normally not allowed online on weekends. So, if I'm lucky, I can post on Monday; otherwise, you'll have to wait for a response until Thursday or Friday. Sorry! ^.^'''))

Posted by Dark

No problem, I'm a little busy too. :p

Posted by Dark

Hey, sorry for double posting. Just wondering if you were going to post..?