Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've just started playing this version, and I'm more addicted than I was with FoMT. Sure, it can get aggravating watering all of those plants, but I love these types of games. I'm into my second year, and really enjoy it. Who else still plays this?

Posted by Apathetic

I wish, just letting you know HM64 was also a delight so you might want check that game out also.

I've been trying to find it, but to no avail. I'll still keep searching though, thanks.

Posted by Axis

I have the N64 version luckily. I have a Wonderful Life too, just haven't played it as much as the N64 version.

Posted by coromoro

Of the series, Harvest Moon 64 has been my favourite, but A Wonderful Life is pretty good too. I just kind of got bored of it after I had my child. :cool:

Posted by Burrito

It's a really long game. I kind of got bored of it during the 2nd year.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I have still yet to play it![/COLOR] :bowser:

Posted by Baconbitzz00

The horse makes the game go by a little faster, although it's still pretty elongated (what's with the wocky?)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]This game broke my heart. I enjoyed the original Harvest Moon and it's sequels so much (Back to Nature, and the 64 version) that i figured this game would be just as good. I don't know exactly what it was, but certain elements in AWL turned me off completely. Maybe it was the absence of months and lots of holidays, or maybe it was the amount of watering i had to do for each crop. I was so dissapointed that i couldn't even force myself to get past the first year. Hopefully one day i'll get back to the game.[/COLOR]

The crops also don't rake in any money at all, compared to FoMT. It's mainly for cooking, which I don't care about a whole lot. I'm getting a bit bored of it all ready, but it's still fun.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

In mine opinion, it has bad sound effects, annoying music, over-complex farming system, it's freakin' hard to navigate through the town, it only has three chicks and only one of them is hot:

I hate the game. I only played it for an hour.I think it was better on the Super Nintendo/GB and N64/PSX. But, oh wai...

Posted by loony636

What's the difference between FoMT and Wonderful Life? I know that FoMT is for GBA and Wonderful Life is for Gamecube but what's the real difference?

Posted by Klarth

They're completely different games, perhaps? Just maybe. I'll get back to you on that one once I find out.

Posted by JonMB

I think the PSX and N64 versions are the best. I didn't like A Wonderful Life. Animal Crossing is the best life simulator for the Gamecube in my opinion.

Posted by Harvest Moon

you sell the crops to the dude that comes to town sometimes while he's setting up shop or set up your own shop at the same place when he's not there. I recomend to do that whan alot of people are in the area. Another thing, there are festivals. The summer festival and the harvest festival. The summer festival isn't marked on the calandar, but if you go to the poets house anytime in the summer, he'll tell you it's time for the summer festival. The harvest festival is in the bar and is also marked on your calendar. The people at the other farm show up and give you food.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Wow, I see alot of people saying that they're getting bored of this game/series. I'm the only one who will never do so, guarentee you that! ^_-_^
And for some reason, I can not find "It's a Wonderful Life" anywhere. I'd buy it off of EBay, but I hate that site. *sighs* Maybe I'll just go check GameStop again.

Just tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how does it rank of all the other Harvest Moons.

Posted by nich

I dont really know how it compares to the other Harvest Moons because the only other one I've played is FoMT. FoMT is a little better though, A Wonderful Life is tedious and gets boring. I'm well into the fourth year, I know it's wierd I've played so long on a game I just called tedious and boring. The thing is I want to see what happens next even though it's boring. I find the game to be too unorganized. I guess it's supposed to be that way but I still don't like it. Sometimes you wake up in the morning and SURPRISE some odd thing happens. Right know I've befriended everyone and there really is nothing to do, so I don't know what to else is left.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting SapphireRose: Wow, I see alot of people saying that they're getting bored of this game/series. I'm the only one who will never do so, guarentee you that! ^_-_^

[COLOR=Yellow]That's what i said before i played it too, you might feel the same as us once you start playing it. i rated it a 6.something out of 10.[/COLOR]

Posted by Harvest Moon

I like the game, thought I can't play it much because my brother hasn't hooked up the gamecube yet...

Posted by RedLeprechaun90

i love this game i married Celia..it gets really addicting for awhile then not so addicting and then really addicting again in somewhat of a cycle

Posted by streak101

i agree with red leprechaun

Posted by crelda

I havent played the other versions of it but if the events were closer(and better because they were only notisable if you went looking for them) and there was a bigger town and more girls and more charcters which did things different each day it would be much better. I only got to the end of the second year then got bored then i cept sleeping over to year 3 and found nothing happend so got anoyed and havent played it since cuz i cant bring myself to play anouther year.

Posted by Meoix

Well I guess I'll stick to FOMT...I was gonna buy it after I read this I think I'll reconsider sticking to the older versions

Posted by coromoro

A new Harvest Moon will be released for GameCube next year, and it seems like the style of it is quite similar to that of Harvest Moon 64, so I am excited about it. It's called Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, and apparently they will combine all the elements from the past HM games into this one game, and of course, there will be new features that we've never seen before on any HM game! It seems interesting, from what I've read.

Click [url=http://cube.ign.com/objects/780/780378.html]here[/url] for more info. :cool:

Edit: It appears that there will actually be two versions of this game, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, and Harvest Moon: Poem of Happiness. :)

Posted by Zeta

I've seen screenshots of it in my latest Nintendo Power issue. The Powerpuff graphic style looks weird, IMO. I hope this game goes back to the 5 bachelorette system.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Zeta: I've seen screenshots of it in my latest Nintendo Power issue. The Powerpuff graphic style looks weird, IMO. I hope this game goes back to the 5 bachelorette system.

Actually, I read that in this game, there will be ten different girls (or boys, if you choose to start off as a girl) to choose from! :cool:

Posted by Zeta

Quoting coromoro: Actually, I read that in this game, there will be ten different girls (or boys, if you choose to start off as a girl) to choose from! :cool:

Woah! 10 per gender!? Oo
I guess they're trying to compensate for only having 3 in AWL. I hope there's a gaming girl. <3