PS3 GPU Not Done?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3141034

According to nVidia, who's developing the PS3 GPU, it's not finished yet, none have been etched into silicon, and the PS3 "demos" were running on prototypes of an upcoming high-end PC graphics chipset running in SLI mode(translation: a pair of the next GeForce cards).

Posted by brownoystercult

So none of the videos were running in real-time? Sigh, what a let down on Sony's part.

Posted by Osic

Well thats just blatent lieing on Sonys part, it looked to good anyway, like the videos Ati and Nvidia release for there top cards. They are unrealistic.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Uchiha Itachi: So none of the videos were running in real-time? Sigh, what a let down on Sony's part.

You expected anything different to a vast ocean of complete bull?

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

still, I think they were trying to emulate what ps3 will be campible on one day. And who knows, maybe the chip will be better then what we saw.

Quoted post: still, I think they were trying to emulate what ps3 will be campible on one day.

No, Sony's just a liar who was trying to sell as many consoles as possible before it eas even on the market.

Quoted post: And who knows, maybe the chip will be better then what we saw.

What we saw was amazing... I doubt it will be as good or better.
Like, we know it is that good, but that's raw power. There's a difference.

Posted by Speedfreak

Probably would be that good because it's not anything special. For next generation, anyway.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: Probably would be that good because it's not anything special. For next generation, anyway.

Hopefully you're not talking about the Killzone 2. Because if you look at other next-gen games, none even came close to what Killzone looked like.

Quoted post: none even came close to what Killzone looked like.

Killing Day looked **** good. Pretty close IMO.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Well, that's a little unsportsmanlike. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Pit: Hopefully you're not talking about the Killzone 2. Because if you look at other next-gen games, none even came close to what Killzone looked like.

It's still nothing special. They're different games, different engines and have different art direction. There's nothing technically special about Killzone 2. The models have similar polygon counts to Gears of War and 360 has the edge in RAM. Killzone 2 does, however, have commendable art direction, but that's not down to the console at all.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Were the demos wired into the cell chip, though? Because I think that's what everyone was really concerned about, even though, of course, they should have learned their lesson with the 25% useless "emotion engine" on the ps2.