I am looking for a game

Posted by goldy

I have recently been getting bored with most of my video games. I have a playstation 2. I am looking for a first person shooter. I would however not want one with as much planning and preparation as in rainbow six. That game takes too much thought and is much more team oriented... while i woudnt mind a war or special ops game rainbow six was too much of a team game for me. (Those who have played it hopefully know what I am trying to get at.) I would like an overall great game. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I might enjoy I would appreciate some feedback

Posted by G-Sides

XIII all the way.

It's not that kind of special ops game, but many missions require stealth and stuff.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've always enjoyed Quake III.

Posted by Black_Wolf

Well, you've picked a very good time for FPSs. I personally enjoyed Project: Snowblind. A lot of good FPS action and alotta weapons and abilities. I haven't played Midway's Area 51 yet, but it might be worth checking out.

Posted by halo masta

i want area-51 really bad

Posted by Last Fog

Red Faction 1 and 2 are both pretty awesome games. As well as the Timesplitters series. Those are the two best FPS series on PS2 as far as I know. And like G-sides said, XIII is top notch.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

You could try Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.

It's not really a first person shooter, but you can enjoy walking around a town, blowing things up for no reason. It's fun.

Posted by goldy

what does everyone think of XIII?

Posted by Illyria110

i was thinking of playing area-51, does anyone know if it's any good?

Posted by Dragon Ryder

If you don't mind the 3ed person perspective metal gear solid 3 is right next door.

Posted by Majeh717

well XIII and Kill Zone or Timspilters1-3 also good

Posted by sandspider

XIII is wicked :gas: :devil: :sniper: :bangbang:

Posted by crimsoncinder

Not entirely and FPS, but Psi-Ops is good.

I agree, for FPS, though XIII was good

Posted by Prince Redon

Get a Gamecube, get Resident Evil 4.:cool:

Well you always have Metal Gear Solid. I would seriously recomend it. I've played a Demo of Area 51 and it's great. It's like a mix between Halo, and Timespliters. Oh that reminds me...Timespliters is also great.

Posted by steve9842005

darkwatch looks like a good game also.

Posted by veritas

i dont know. I think Medal of Honor European Assault looks really good.

Posted by kaseyrocks

red facton all the way

Posted by Borealis

Unreal Tournament 2004/05, Tribes: Vengeance, Half Life 2.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Area 51 is really good. Kind of drags out in the end though.

Posted by TopgunFFX

i dont really like them much any more but can try some 007 games

Posted by Random

Quoting goldy: what does everyone think of XIII?

I thought it was rather lame.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Yea. It got kind of boring after awhile.

Posted by muffla

Quoting Borealis: Unreal Tournament 2004/05, Tribes: Vengeance, Half Life 2.

good games but not for ps2

however the original unrealtornament is great a little out of dade graphs but a good ps2 shoot em up game

Posted by ArchAngel312

What in the hell? I posted a very large segment in the thread yesterday what happened to it? That's bull ****, who deleted my post?

EDIT: In fact, all of the posts I made yesterday were deleted. Give a a reason
for this?

EDIT 2: To stay on topic. Before someone deleted my post I recommended Cold Winter, KillZone, Area 51, and XIII. If you want to see the reasons you can thank whoever deleted my post for why there aren't any.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting ArchAngel312: EDIT: In fact, all of the posts I made yesterday were deleted. Give a a reason for this?

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=7556]Reason[/url]

To the original post...

Since it hasn't been mentioned, 'No One Lives Forever' is really fun, comical FPS with some interesting weapons and stuff. You play as a female spy in a retro 60's style setting (reminds me of "Austin Powers" in some ways).
Of course, the core of the FPS gaming community will tell you to get the PC version instead though. They will probably also tell you that "First-person Shooters" on consoles really suck and that you're a retard for thinking using "dual-thumbsticks" for movement and aiming is a good idea (at least that's what they tell me).

But I am better with the control pad than with a mouse and keyboard so those people can go "choke on a big fat one", technically speaking.

(Excuse my rant - It had to be said.)

Posted by {HOG}willhall

i played *** of war it was good but really ive gottin bored to so i went and got a game pass for a month at blockbuster and find my self going back every day to get soething eles. im bored of all 3 systems and there r no games so i get bored i just tryed mercinares but it was ok and madden 06 sucked and ill go back tonight so i think ill stop gaming on any console till xbox 360 nov 22. till then ill be on my comp i think.

Posted by Lord of Spam

There really arent any good fps on the ps2. The controller just isnt set up well for it. The sensitivity onthe analog sticks is far inferior to other platforms, nto to mention that it will never give you the accuracy and speed of a keyboard and mouse.

That being said, Timesplitters is generally considered good.

Posted by Foxworthy12

I suggest Socom 3. It is a good war game. It doesnt take much planning once youve started. All you have to do it follow the starting commands and leaf off from there. Sometimes i just wander around the stage/level when im bored just for the fun of it. If is a creative game and i think u will like it if you enjoyed rainbow six

Posted by Jesus of Suburbia

I haven't played a SOCOM game since SOCOM 1, but isn't it 3rd person?