need help on ff7

Posted by Light

cna someone tell me what i'm suppose ot be doing in the city again i've beaten the weapon whne it attacked but now i have no clue and i'm not very good at understand all the tech words they put in the walkthroughs

Posted by Random

Urg... Which City? it's been so long since I've played. Which weapon? There are a few Weapons. I assume the Ultimate Weapon... Did you only beat it once? You must find it again. It's over a Lake. You'll have to fly there and fight it again if you haven't already done so.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Or perhaps he means Diamond? Please be more specific, Light, so we can better help you.

Posted by Light

your right i think it is diamond and plus i've never been good with name's but its the city you start in the game. but its when you go back in the second disc and frankly i hate getting stuck

Posted by Xenos

*Midgar.

Posted by Light

yeah now that i think about that sounds right

Posted by Roger Smith

Maybe she's talking about about the infiltration of Midgar? I think that may be it, because it can be confusing to get around that part.

Posted by Legend Saber

Midgar City is the one you're talking about... I know that right when I read the first post... I play that game too much...

Have you battled The Turks yet?
If so, have you battle Pround Clod? Proud Clod is a huge red machine that Scarlet and Heidegger are riding.

Answer those questions, then I'll help you as much as I can (which is quite a bit, not to sound egotistical :)).

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Anyone other than me find it funny that you can beat the prod clod 1 on 1 in the battle area and then they act like they are a challenge when you have to fight it 3 on 1?

Posted by Light

no i haven't done anything there yet i got inot midgar and didn't have a clue on what to do so i saved and quit untilo i could get soem info i'm farther than my friend who has played the game so he's no help now

Posted by Dragon Ryder

well right next to the save point there is a hatch witch cat siath or someone opens up. then you get to the annoying part(the pipes). If you manage to get past that head south on the train tracks until you reach the end ( it is annoying but worth it) when you get to the end you should get W-item which help you alot with training later in the game.

ok while your heading north you will fight ther turks make sure to steal anything you can off them they are not that hard so take your time. after that keep heading north and use the guess and check method during the splits to get to the cannon.

If you got to shinra HQ then your went the wrong way unless your after cait sith weapon.( which I don't know why you would he's the most usless thing in final fantasy history!the only thing good he ever did was give you manipulate.)

anyway when you reach the train exit you will fight clod prod(easy). Beat that. on the way up the stairs get barrets last weapon. and fight hojo he's easy unless you have a ribbon or 2. I'm not sure but i think he confuses you or something. I just know I ****ed me off. when you beat hojo weapon gets shot, rufus gets shot, the barrier get shot...and alot of things go boom. and off to the third disc your go.

...And to think I havn't played this in half a year.

Posted by Legend Saber

Quoting Dragon Ryder]well right next to the save point there is a hatch witch cat siath or someone opens up. then you get to the annoying part(the pipes).
Ack... that part really is annoying. If I had the game in front of me, I could probably explain to you how to get past it, but I don't know that area by heart well enough to tell you how to get past it (I could try, but you'd miss a lot of treasure and it would probably just confuse the hell outta' you, so I won't).

Quoting Dragon Ryder: after that keep heading north and use the guess and check method during the splits to get to the cannon.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which route you take there, as when you eventually reach the last fork, the left route will be the cannon, and the right route will be the ShinRa HQ. Or it might be the other way around, I'm not 100% sure.

Quoting Dragon Ryder: If you got to shinra HQ then your went the wrong way unless your after cait sith weapon.( which I don't know why you would he's the most usless thing in final fantasy history!the only thing good he ever did was give you manipulate.)

Well... his HP is really quite good, and his first Limit is useful for a good bit of the game... That second limit of his is really a toss up, though. I've never used him for too long. >.>
But there are quite a bit more reasons to go into the ShinRa HQ other than Cait Sith's ultimate weapon: anyway when you reach the train exit you will fight clod prod(easy). Beat that. on the way up the stairs get barrets last weapon.

Whenever you're at the bottom of the stairs Dragon is talking about, MAKE SURE you open up the two chests that are sitting there, one of them contains a Mystile, arguabily the best armor in all of Final Fantasy VII, and one of just TWO in the ENTIRE GAME, so make sure you don't miss it. Also, Barret's ultimate weapons won't be there unless you have him in your party.

Quoting Dragon Ryder: and fight hojo he's easy unless you have a ribbon or 2. I'm not sure but i think he confuses you or something. I just know I ****ed me off.

Yeah, I remember that final form of him was really an ass... I believe he would put all your characters under Sleep, then just keep on using a technique that does damage and also puts your characters to sleep again, so you're basically stuck asleep until the enemy kills all your characters (I found that if you have a Counter Attack materia, though, you still have a chance, as the time you're awake while he's using that attack of his is time enough to strike back!).

Posted by Light

okay i will do that i just got a new playstation my last one went out and i couldn't get another til this week

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'll show you a super secret hack to have awesome fun.

Step one: Open disk cover and remove FF7 disc.
Step two: put in Final Fantasy Tactics, then close cover
Step three: hit reset and enjoy square's best Final Fantasy

Posted by Random

lol! Thats pretty good. But personally I like both Tactics and FF7 equally. Both great great games though.

Posted by Link_1987

YES!!! i may favor FF7 but i have to applaud you on that statement

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Lord of Spam: I'll show you a super secret hack to have awesome fun.

Step one: Open disk cover and remove FF7 disc.
Step two: put in Final Fantasy Tactics, then close cover
Step three: hit reset and enjoy square's best Final Fantasy

Dude, learn to ****ing spell. There's no "f" in Xenogears.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I see what you did there.

Posted by Light

okay play nice everyone

Posted by Lord of Spam

I started reading this thread and didnt remember that I posted in it. Then when I got to my first post, I lol'd, and then I lol'd even harder at Klarth.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/comedygoauldmine.jpg[/IMG]

As for helping light... by reading (or doing the best i could to try and decode his gibberish) his posts, I'm guessing that he's beyond help.

Posted by Cruxis

I just got done completing FFVII for the 4th time...this year. SO if anyone has any questions I'm here to help. Feel free to contact me.:D

I'll be glad to help!~

Posted by keyartist

I am an expert on this game so talk to be if Mr.Day can't help. I'm not trying to get up in your corn bread, this is more like a partnership.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Chris Day: I just got done completing FFVII for the 4th time...this year. SO if anyone has any questions I'm here to help. Feel free to contact me.:D

I'll be glad to help!~

I found out something pretty cool about FFVII the other day.

You see, well, it ****ing sucks and it's the most overrated game of all time.

Yes, it's overrated, but I enjoyed it. Then again, you have a thing for ToS.

To other n00bs: We don't care if you're an 'expert' of any game. If a question comes up, feel free to answer, otherwise, shut up.

Posted by Cruxis

HEHEHE I Lovin this Gu...yyy...???? Person!:-D

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Angelwing]
Yes, it's overrated, but I enjoyed it. Then again, you have a thing for Xenogears.
Fixed for much greater accuracy. ToS just had a fun battle system.

Ah. But you see, I haven't played enough of Xenogears to form much of an opinion on it. Yes, ToS has a nifty battle system, but otherwise is pretty overrated.

Posted by Klarth

I know that. The character design sucked and the plot falters out along the second disc.

Saying that, Xenogears' second disc was one big apocalyptic Jungian mindfuck. I loved it.

Posted by Light

Quoting Lord of Spam: I started reading this thread and didnt remember that I posted in it. Then when I got to my first post, I lol'd, and then I lol'd even harder at Klarth.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/comedygoauldmine.jpg[/IMG]

As for helping light... by reading (or doing the best i could to try and decode his gibberish) his posts, I'm guessing that he's beyond help.

i always was beyond help ask my brother and sister about that one

Posted by Light

Quoting Legend Saber: Midgar City is the one you're talking about... I know that right when I read the first post... I play that game too much...

Have you battled The Turks yet?
If so, have you battle Pround Clod? Proud Clod is a huge red machine that Scarlet and Heidegger are riding.

Answer those questions, then I'll help you as much as I can (which is quite a bit, not to sound egotistical :)).

no i haven't done any of that yet i've just parachuted into the city