Episode 3: bad or good?

Posted by Hannibal King

I know im gonna get flammed for this but i actually didnt like episode 3. The fact that they killed everyone off so quickly was a bit foolish. I woul've liked to seem more about Dooku, he was only in a few parts and one major one in episode 2 and then at the beggining of episode 3 they kill him. Plus the fact that the 3 recent starwars movies have relied on lightsaber fights, killing, space battles, and explosions is just foolish. IV-VI had a major storyline involved whereas I-III focused on just Anikan, Padme, and Obi-wan. How bout some of the old Qi-gon jin as a spirit like obi-wan and yoda in the originals. I know at the end Yoda said he was gonna train Obi to do that but Luke could do it right off. Post your veiws on this movie....

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I woul've liked to seem more about Dooku, he was only in a few parts and one major one in episode 2 and then at the beggining of episode 3 they kill him.

Think og II and III as one long movie. He was in it more than long enough. He was **** anyways.

Quoted post:
Plus the fact that the 3 recent starwars movies have relied on lightsaber fights, killing, space battles, and explosions is just foolish. IV-VI had a major storyline involved whereas I-III focused on just Anikan, Padme, and Obi-wan.

The storyline was the fact that it led up to the final trilogy. They focused on those characters because they were the most important. plus, they also focused on some others you didn't include. There couldn't be much more of a storyline because... it would have changed what happened in the future, or it would have been unnecesary in the long run.

Quoted post: but Luke could do it right off

he could see them, but he wasn't able to come back as a spirit. hell, he didn't even have a chance since he never died in the movies.

Posted by Hannibal King

Quoting Vampiro: Think og II and III as one long movie. He was in it more than long enough. He was **** anyways.

The storyline was the fact that it led up to the final trilogy. They focused on those characters because they were the most important. plus, they also focused on some others you didn't include. There couldn't be much more of a storyline because... it would have changed what happened in the future, or it would have been unnecesary in the long run.

he could see them, but he wasn't able to come back as a spirit. hell, he didn't even have a chance since he never died in the movies.

perhaps your right but what i was saying his obi-wan coulnt see them because he hadnt been trained too but Luke could and he didnt even train for it, plus the fiddled with Darth Vaders helmet......

Posted by Kaise Suratu

I personally hate Star Wars episodes, however I go and see every movie anyways. I actually enjoyed Star Wars III; the acting of the person who played Anikan was great. The movie informed me a lot of SW series. It's really great.

Posted by Dandelion

I really liked it..but then again I'm a Star Wars outsider...that's the first one I've seen.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Hannibal King: I know im gonna get flammed for this but i actually didnt like episode 3. The fact that they killed everyone off so quickly was a bit foolish. I woul've liked to seem more about Dooku, he was only in a few parts and one major one in episode 2 and then at the beggining of episode 3 they kill him. Plus the fact that the 3 recent starwars movies have relied on lightsaber fights, killing, space battles, and explosions is just foolish. IV-VI had a major storyline involved whereas I-III focused on just Anikan, Padme, and Obi-wan. How bout some of the old Qi-gon jin as a spirit like obi-wan and yoda in the originals. I know at the end Yoda said he was gonna train Obi to do that but Luke could do it right off. Post your veiws on this movie....

4-6 focused on Luke, Han and Leia, 1-3 focuses on Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme.

1-3 has a lot of lightsabers because they took place during the time of the old republic, when there were a lot Jedi, whereas in 4-6, the only Jedi is Obi-Wan, and Vader (if you count him), and, of course, Luke. You see Yoda, but he never uses a lightsaber. He's a bit old for that, I guess.

As well, 4-6 has a lot space battles too. The death star is blown up... twice.

As well, episodes 2 and 3 take place during a war, therefore, battles are an obvious part of that.

My biggest problem with the first three (ep. 1-3) is that the story is too emotional. In 4-6, you've got a clear cut good guys vs. bad guys, whereas in 1-3, you're not really sure whose side you're on. In episode 4, Darth Vader was a bad guy. No questions about it. He was a bad guy who did bad mean things, and his empire was destroyed at the end, and Vader, the bad guy, was sent hurling into space, like a bad guy deserves. In 5 and 6, they got a bit more complicated, but even so, there was a pretty clear side you were supposed to take.

The same could be said of 1-3, I guess, but they were more emotional than 4-6, for certain. When Anakin is turning to the bad side, people are just in emotional shock. The weaker ones even cry when it's happening. But in 4-6, it's pretty much victory after victory for the good guys, with a few setbacks (Solo frozen in carbonite), but you know, no one major dies, apart from Obi-Wan or Yoda, I guess.

Meh, I probably didn't make much sense.

Posted by Klarth

I thought it was absolutely brilliant, on par with Return of The Jedi. Yes, the universe Lucas created in which the new trilogy is set isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still good. I liked the evolution of the starhips throughout the movie - The Jedi fighters looking like TIE ships, the cruisers at the beginning looking like Star Destroyers, the Corellian Corvettes, the cameo of the Millenium Falcon... The best bits for me would include seeing Wedge Antilles near the end, and when the Star Destroyers appear, Admiral Piett and Grand Moff Tarkin are standing near Palpatine and Vader.

The only bit that I didn't like was the pointless "wipe the protocol droid's brain" sequence... They could have at least killed Threepio off and replaced him with a different C-3PO in IV.

Posted by SuperSoupy

It was a great film! Thing is, being the prequel it is, everyone is going to know how it ends and what happens to who anyway, so when you're a filmmaker faced with that situation there's not much you can do to suprise the audience.

So as the filmmaker you're faced with the question:
'right, I can't suprise the audience cos they're gonna know what's coming, so how else can I get their attention?'

In my opinion they went with this answer:
' well, this is the last real star wars film coming out...ever...! So why not give the people what they want most star wars, namely, lightsabers, lots and lots of 'em. But since the audience will know whose gonna live and die, we need to have a new baddie to die at some point. I mean, I know it don't end happy, but I don't want hundreds of sci-fi convention geeks banging down the doors of MY skywalker ranch demanding an alternate ending when the DVD comes out! We need a darker theme to it, plus climatic clone/wookie battles, gotta have that!! Plus a decent fight stting for Obi Wan and Anakin, not some monochrome space hangar like in episode IV!!'

But I'm going into it too much now. My point is considering the circumstances Lucas and Co. made a pretty ace flick. My only regret is that they didnt use Grevious too well, cos if you saw the Clone Wars cartoons then you'd have seen he's a fearless warrior who uses his feet to fight as much as his fists, but in ep,III he's a bit of a coward. Ah well, ace film though.

Quoted post: He's a bit old for that, I guess.

He went into exile. Basically gave up being a jedi because he failed to kill Sidious. So I'm guessing that's why he didn't have a saber or anything like that.

I wouldn't think he would be too old for it, since he was already pretty **** old, right? *Shrugs*

Posted by Hannibal King

let me try to say what i mean again, in my first post i misplaced my words. There are four reasons why i like and dislike episode 3.

Pros
1.Lightsaber fights were as good as ever
2.The space battle at the beggining was cool
3.Greivous appered in it and hes my fav character
4.Jar Jar Binks was in one scene for 1/10's of a second

Cons
1.The wookie battle could've been a bit longer
2.The clones just up and decied to kill the jedi (Whats the story behind that?)
3.In my opinion, Mace was killed too easily by the Emporer
4.The driods sounded really gay, their voices were all high and "silly".

These are just my opinions so anyone who wants to agree or disagree with me plz do so and share your veiw.

Quoted post: 4.Jar Jar Binks was in one scene for 1/10's of a second

He was actually in more than one scene. Briefly in quite a few.

Quoted post: 1.The wookie battle could've been a bit longer

Yeah, that was unfortunate. But ti wasn't really THAT important. But would you rather have that longer, but cuttin down an important scene?

Quoted post: 3.In my opinion, Mace was killed too easily by the Emporer

Seeing as how the Emporer is more powerful than Mace, it makes sense. Mace of course has the upper hand when it comes to dueling, but that won't help when going against a master in the dark side's force powers.

Quoted post: 2.The clones just up and decied to kill the jedi (Whats the story behind that?)

Well, if you paid attention you would have heard them say "Plan 66" (Or whatever it was). Meaning that Palpatine had this in mind way back when they clones were being developed. Think of it as a king commanding an army. The general (Jedi) have power over the troops and control them, but the king has absolute authority.

Posted by Hannibal King

1st of its execution order 66 and why not include Palpatine doing that in a movie. The wookie battle was at least 3 min and the only two wookies that were left were the commander and Chewbaca, and the survival of chewbaca is important making the wookie battle important. Mace is a jedi master and he shoul've expeected a cheap move like that from Palpatine. Plus you dont see Anikan getting deformed like Palpatine when he gets hit by force lightning.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

the star wars moveez are super. i haven't seen the past 3 episodes, but i, ii and iii were pretty decent. i think, from the three, that epsode ii was the better of them. i realy liked the acting from that christensen guy and mcgreggor to. in episode iii, i was expecting genral grievous to do a lot more. how he was killed wasn't very satisfying either. but he was still cool for teh parts he was in. kind of a loser. the movies are great too watch over again.

Quoted post: 1st of its execution order 66

Who the **** cares?

Quoted post: and why not include Palpatine doing that in a movie

What? The clone thing? All that was taken care off in Ep. II. Then again I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quoted post: and the survival of chewbaca is important

They showed that he survived. Not to mention he never took part in the fight... so the battle wasn't that important to future events.

Quoted post: Mace is a jedi master and he shoul've expeected a cheap move like that from Palpatine

He blocked the force-lightening with his saber... I think he expecting it.
Plus, he died from getting thrown out of a window, AFTER he's arm was cut off by Anakin. He probably didn't see that coming, and he was probably in too much pain/shock to get ready to block more force-lightening from what looked like a dead/dying Palpatine.

Quoted post: Plus you dont see Anikan getting deformed like Palpatine when he gets hit by force lightning.

Did you see how long Palpatine was exposed to his own lightening? (Actually, i can't even remember when Anakin was hit by force-lightening). Point is, Sidious was putting all the power he had into his attack, which was deflected back at him for quite a few minutes. Getting struck by that, AND draining yourself is garunteed to have some ill-effects on you.

Quoted post: i think, from the three, that epsode ii was the better of them

You must be kidding me.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

Quoting Vampiro: You must be kidding me.

c'mon, it wasnt that bad. sertainly not the worset. which one did you like buddy?

Quoted post: c'mon, it wasnt that bad. which one did you like buddy?

Out of the first trilogy? III. Mace pretty much ruined II for me when he said "This party's over". And little Anakin ruined I.

Posted by Axis

In my opinion there is no way episode 2 was better than 3, but whatever floats your boat.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I actually thought Episode III was the best out of the first three of them. Everything was done very well. They had some excellent scenes where Yoda fought Sidious and Anakin vs. Obi One. Those were excellent. The only thing I hated I hated was that Dooku died to early, I was expecting him to die later on and Grevous died by getting lit on fire. I thought he was going to go out in a cooler way like getting split into pieces or something. Other than that the movie was great.

Posted by MetalVox~55

but...there are six movies...?

Posted by Klarth

I watched IV again recently, and Yoda seems way too interested in Luke's mini torch for someone who once owned a lightsaber.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Majesty: I watched IV again recently, and Yoda seems way too interested in Luke's mini torch for someone who once owned a lightsaber.

he's just being coy. He's gotta be undercover, man *oscar*

Posted by Hannibal King

I liked it when they used puppets instead of cgi

Posted by SuperSoupy

Nah CGI works way better. Just try and imagine Yoda's fight scenes with a puppet. It would end up looking like a scene from 'Puppet master' or some crud like that.

When CGI is blatantly obvious it is pretty bad cos you see a CGI elemet in a scene and your mind just won't believe it. This especially sucks when you get a live action actor battling a CG character. When the CG looks out of place your mind wont believe in either CG or live action, the CG cancels it all out.

But when CGI works, boy does it work!! I can't see Star Wars being done any other way. A lot of people probably don't realise how much CGI there is in the new Star Wars films. Pretty much everything in the backgrounds are made up of CGI.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Vampiro: (Actually, i can't even remember when Anakin was hit by force-lightening)

I'm not sure about this, but didn't Dooku get him in episode II?

And I know palpatine kinda got him in episode VI, when Vader was throwing him down that pit.

Posted by Hannibal King

cgi worked well with yoda but in the original 3 i thing the fights looked a little bit better beacuse they were actual people.

Posted by Pit

Wait, you mean Yoda isn't real?

EDIT: Hannibal King, more like fag master.

Quoted post:
I'm not sure about this, but didn't Dooku get him in episode II?

And I know palpatine kinda got him in episode VI, when Vader was throwing him down that pit.

Ah, I thought he meant in Ep. III

Quoted post: EDIT: Hannibal King, more like fag master.

Win.

Posted by G-Sides

General Grievous was bad-ass. :(

He was so much more badass in Clone Wars though. He charged into battle instead of running like he did in Ep. III

Posted by G-Sides

Wait, you mean the Clone Wars cartoons, right?

Of course.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: Of course.

yes, I forgot to derep.

and i need to go buy the CW dvd. is it worth the dollarbux to get it?

Quoted post: and i need to go buy the CW dvd. is it worth the dollarbux to get it?

Yeah. The first part (Season? Meh) is ok, but the last part is awesome. Definitely worth it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

the movie was absolutely horrid. The "acting" between padme and anakin was just flat and unbelievable. In the scene where Obi-wan and Anakin fight near the lava, it is blatantly obvious that they are standing in front of a blue screen.

But the worst part, the part that almost made me get up and leave, was when they dissolved the senate. It may not seem that bad, but think about it. In episode IV, Vader announces to some captains (not sure but it might be peitt and tarkin) that the senate has just been dissolved. For this to have happened recently in Iv, but in the end of III, Luke and Leia would have had to go from infant to 20s in about a day.

Thank you, George Lucas. You not only dont respect your fans, you dont even respect your own movies.

(trek>wars)

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Lord of Spam: In episode IV, Vader announces to some captains (not sure but it might be peitt and tarkin) that the senate has just been dissolved. For this to have happened recently in Iv, but in the end of III, Luke and Leia would have had to go from infant to 20s in about a day. (trek>wars)

Good lord, everything dosen't happen overnight. Time lapsed between episodes.

And there is no way in hell Trek is better than Wars. You can have Picard say Engage as many times as you want: Vader is still the most badass villan ever.

Posted by Klarth

Didn't one of the books talk about an Imperial senate being formed and disbanded due to the intervention of Kyle Katarn and his stealing of the plans for the Death Star? Different senate, thx

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Actually, someone in ep. 4 says "the last remnants of the old republic have been swept away", meaning that Palpatine did not dissolve the senate, but rather, he changed it. It would be impossible for one man to have direct control over that many people, so he kept the senate in tact, but in a different manner. It was no longer a group of legislators, but rather, a group of governors to uphold Palpatine's laws, and keep watch over various systems that he personally could not watch over.

LoS, consider it this way: The old republic is changed into an Empire in episode III, around the same time that Luke and Leia are born. About 20 years later, the last remnants of that old republic are gone. It takes about 20 years from the point when Palpatine announces it until it's finally fully done.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I enjoyed episode II, but only because the story was complete. The dialouge was nill, but the action and the overall plot was ok. I also enjoyed the graphics, which were stunning. Best costume design also seems like an effective award as well.

Posted by SuperSoupy

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: The dialouge was nill.

i agree, if George Lucas wrote the Star Wars movies he really should have hired a real writer. He's not much of a writer, good story teller, but not much of a writer.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting G-Sides: General Grievous was bad-ass. :(

He was cooler in the Clone Wars cartoon. He took on about five Jedi including a Master and still won. He was just pwning people left and right. I was hoping to see more of that in the movie but I guess they didn't show that.:( He got killed kind of fast to me and the way he died was kind of stupid. I wanted to see him really get punished and then split into several pieces.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Vampiro: He went into exile. Basically gave up being a jedi because he failed to kill Sidious. So I'm guessing that's why he didn't have a saber or anything like that.

I wouldn't think he would be too old for it, since he was already pretty **** old, right? *Shrugs*

he didnt have his saber because he lost it, if you watch carefully during the battle with palpatine/sidious in the big council room with the platforms, when yoda falls his saber drops and thus gets lost, he had to get out of there pretty quick so he had no time to retrive it.. in epi 2 obi-wan says to anikin this is your life (in reference to the saber), so therefore yodas life well the vast majority was training jedi, his life was jedi and so losing his saber meant losing his need to be a jedi (thats the way i see it anyways)

yoda could never be too old :D

Quoted post: he didnt have his saber because he lost it, if you watch carefully during the battle with palpatine/sidious in the big council room with the platforms, when yoda falls his saber drops and thus gets lost, he had to get out of there pretty quick so he had no time to retrive it.. in epi 2 obi-wan says to anikin this is your life (in reference to the saber), so therefore yodas life well the vast majority was training jedi, his life was jedi and so losing his saber meant losing his need to be a jedi (thats the way i see it anyways)

How many sabers did Anakin lose? Same with a few other Jedi's. I think you're taking it too literally. He just means that Anakin should keep it safe... since they aren't exactly like guns, you can't just get them anywhere. But you've seen in the movies that other Jedi's have lost them, and were given replacements... with no reprecutions.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Vampiro: How many sabers did Anakin lose? Same with a few other Jedi's. I think you're taking it too literally. He just means that Anakin should keep it safe... since they aren't exactly like guns, you can't just get them anywhere. But you've seen in the movies that other Jedi's have lost them, and were given replacements... with no reprecutions.

true true

i do believe the whole thing comes down to a kind of faith thing within their religion

yoda being the be all and end all, losing his saber caused him to exile himself.. other jedi didnt take the same view as yoda, thus they lost theirs and it was like oh well make a new one type of thing... the thing with anakin though is that he was too wreckless. yoda on the other hand is too thoughtfull thus for him to lose his he could have seen it as it is said lose your saber lose being a jedi...

we see it in todays religious world where if somebody does something which isnt fully true to their religion they feel outcasted (in a round about way)

and some people go the anakin route and dont care

Posted by Hannibal King

when i made this thread i thought it wasnt even gonna get half a page...........

Posted by Pit

Quoting Hannibal King: when i made this thread i thought it wasnt even gonna get half a page...........

Wait, you mean Yoda isn't real?

Posted by Hannibal King

Im suprised they didnt use the jedi mind trick in episode 3

Quoted post: i do believe the whole thing comes down to a kind of faith thing within their religion

yoda being the be all and end all, losing his saber caused him to exile himself.. other jedi didnt take the same view as yoda, thus they lost theirs and it was like oh well make a new one type of thing... the thing with anakin though is that he was too wreckless. yoda on the other hand is too thoughtfull thus for him to lose his he could have seen it as it is said lose your saber lose being a jedi...

we see it in todays religious world where if somebody does something which isnt fully true to their religion they feel outcasted (in a round about way)

and some people go the anakin route and dont care

That COULD be the reason. But I believe he exiled himself because he failed to defeat Sidious. more of a warrior's code thing then a religious type thing. Do you know what I mean?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm pretty sure I'm interpreting this right, but I'll rewatch the old movies to be sure (cant call you all lairs based on 5 year old memories). Either way, the new movies do in fact blow. They lack the creativity and imagination of hte old series, relying more on flash abd bang and special effects. Some of this isnt entirely Lucas's fualt; we know what to expect now, which takes some of hte fun away. However, there is still so muich wrong with the movies. Like I said, the acting was *** awful. Really, truely bad. Anakin and Padme made me want to barf. Not top mention that the enitre republic falls becuase anakin has a bad dream.

Seriously, think about it. If he hadnt have dreamt of Padme's death, he most likely wouldnt have killed Mace, which means that Palpatine dies, which means the clone revolt never happens, which means the Jedi's live, which means back to business as usual. So to recap, dream= death of empire? K thnx no.

Another thing. I get why R2 looks and acts mroe badass in the new movies (better movie making technology), but if they really cared abouthte continuity of the movies, they would have made them closer to the old ones. Its just one more example of them relying on FX in place of good movie making.

The scene in the volcano area also ****ed me off. If the lava was hot enough to burn anakin jsut by him getting near it, why didnt it burn them while they were on the little hover-y things. I get that they had sheild below them, but that wouldnt stop the air around them, which was just as far away as Anakin was when he cuaght flame. Also, would anyone care to explain how he gains all the height when he gets Vader-ized? And dont try to just say "omg they gave him longer laegs lol" If that was all they did, it would have had rather obvious effects on his proportioning, which it didnt. So, explaination, anyone?

And yes, trek>wars. Trek may not have the budget or all the flash and glitz, but it makes up for it by... y aknow... not sucking. (With the exception of Enterprise, which blew big dong.) TOS, TNG, and Voyager were all at least okay, with numerous excellent episodes to each of their credits.

Quoted post: Like I said, the acting was *** awful. Really, truely bad

Wait, the original three had good acting? Who knew.

Quoted post: So to recap, dream= death of empire? K thnx no.

It wasn't a dream, it was a premonition.

Posted by Hannibal King

Episode 7+ jedi knight eric cartman=gold

Posted by Sparko

I think that ep.III was ok. I already knew what would happen. I didn't like the lightsaber scenes because it was flash-dim-flash-dim... Like a intergalactic seizure. I thought the part when Anikin was burned and lost his hair was cool. Like he transform from the boy-toy into evil dude. I makes it hard to image Young Anikin in the Darth Vader suit. I also thought scene when he found out padme died was funny. NOOO!!!!... it took away the mysterious-ness of Darth Vader. I like the old 4-6 movies. The story lines where captive and pure.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Lord of Spam: Seriously, think about it. If he hadnt have dreamt of Padme's death, he most likely wouldnt have killed Mace, which means that Palpatine dies, which means the clone revolt never happens, which means the Jedi's live, which means back to business as usual. So to recap, dream= death of empire? K thnx no.
Actually, it was because of Anakin's actions against Windu, and turn to the dark side that Padme died, ironically. If Anakin had never tried to save Padme, she wouldn't have died at all. It was his stupid actions that caused her to lose the will to live.

[quote=Lord of Spam]
Another thing. I get why R2 looks and acts mroe badass in the new movies (better movie making technology), but if they really cared abouthte continuity of the movies, they would have made them closer to the old ones. Its just one more example of them relying on FX in place of good movie making.

I have to agree here. R2D2 is far too humanistic in this one, more so than 1 and 2, even. When they're trapped in the rayshields, and Anakin suggests patience, R2 comes rolling in all quick, and hits the wall, then shakes his head and emits a "WOW!!!" type of beep. Why would a droid do this? Humans do it for a number of biological reasons, but droids aren't biological entities, so doing it is just adding a few laughs to the film.

Which also bothers me. This one seems to employ humor, far more than the original 3. 1 and 2 kind of did so, but not as much as this one. Everyone in the theater always laughs when R2 zaps the battledroid, and the droid kicks him over, and especially when Yoda enters the chambers to fight Palpatine, and he knocks out the two guards by moving his hand. These movies have a comedic edge, which was brought in by characters such as Han Solo, C3PO, and later, Jar Jar Binks, but that's all we needed. Don't take a previously serious character like R2, and suddenly throw a comedic edge on him.

But I've still seen the film 5 times already, and I'm sure I'll be going at least 5 more before it's out of theaters. Heh.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Actually, it was because of Anakin's actions against Windu, and turn to the dark side that Padme died, ironically. If Anakin had never tried to save Padme, she wouldn't have died at all. It was his stupid actions that caused her to lose the will to live.

Thats my point; if he hadnt had his dream, he never would have done that, and she would have lived. His stupid freakin dream killed hte republic, and thats retarded as all heck.

And DSN did in fact suck.

Posted by Hannibal King

well, he dreamed she would die like his mom an d thats it. I dont think anyone could predict that what your trying to do to save someone will kill them.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

But the reason he died is because he was trying to save her. If he would've just ignored his dreams, she wouldn't have died.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]I thought episode III was much better than episodes I, II, IV and VI. Empire Strikes Back has always been my favorite, and probably still is (i'll have to see it again), but this one delivered in every way it should have. Ever since i saw the original i've always heard about how terrible the dark side is and all that, but it isn't until you see Anakin's transformation and then him killing future jedi children that you get a feel of what the dark side is really like. Also, my congrats to George for doing absolute justice to Obi Wan by picking the perfect actor to portray him in his prime. Next time you see an old person you think is weird show some repect, because you don't if he was a war-hero in his younger days.

Watching this movie really made me wish it wasn't the last one.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

There are a few rumors.

George Lucas did say that it is up to the fans whether he makes episode 7 or not. He said if episode III grosses super high at the box office, he'll work on episode 7.

One of the rumors is that it has to be the top grossing film of 2005, which it has almost already accomplished. The other is that is has to be the top grossing film of all time, a title currently held by the film Titanic.

So, we all need to go out and see it as many times as we can just to raise the grosses on it and get another movie, you guys.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Hannibal King: IV-VI had a major storyline involved whereas I-III focused on just Anikan, Padme, and Obi-wan.

The Star Wars series has always been focused on specific people rather than the galaxy as a whole. Probably because Lucas didn't even invent half the characters that've been catalogued throughout the books and stuff, but read through one of those character guides and you'll know what I mean.

Personally, I think it was undoubtedly enjoyable at the least. The only people who wouldn't agree are Episode IV-VI elitists who wouldn't enjoy any trilogy or modification to their "perfect three", but nobody cares.

I'm confused about the possibly single inconsistency in all of Lucas' films - Padme is said by Leia to have died when she was very young in Episode VI, but she died at birth in this one.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Richaod: I'm confused about the possibly single inconsistency in all of Lucas' films - Padme is said by Leia to have died when she was very young in Episode VI, but she died at birth in this one.

I think that Leia may have been referring to Bail Organa's wife, because that was her mother, as far as she knew, until Luke told her.

An inconsistency that I noticed is this:

In episode 4:

Obi Wan Kenobi "I haven't gone by the name of Obi Wan, since, oh, before you were born."

But in episode 3, they call him Obi Wan up until the end, after Luke is born...

WTF?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I think that Leia may have been referring to Bail Organa's wife, because that was her mother, as far as she knew, until Luke told her.

An inconsistency that I noticed is this:

In episode 4:

Obi Wan Kenobi "I haven't gone by the name of Obi Wan, since, oh, before you were born."

But in episode 3, they call him Obi Wan up until the end, after Luke is born...

WTF?

Luke actually asked Leia what she knew of her birth mother.

And in A New Hope, Obi-Wan was old, so...

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is rather picky and trivial?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well sure it is. I guess we could on for days pointing out stupid holes like that, eh?

Posted by Hannibal King

I was walking around a mall recently and saw Lego starwars selling up to 100$. WTF! there just **** legos

Posted by Hannibal King

It has do to with this movie pratically getting out of hand

Quoted post: It has do to with this movie pratically getting out of hand

No, it has to do with Lego being expensive. A good set can run anywhere from 100-300 dollars.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Vampiro: That COULD be the reason. But I believe he exiled himself because he failed to defeat Sidious. more of a warrior's code thing then a religious type thing. Do you know what I mean?

yeah i can dig that idea, as obi-wan once said the truths we all cling to depend on our own certain points of view :D

and i understand the whole warriors code thing, such as how samurai become ronins

Quoting Sparko: I thought the part when Anikin was burned and lost his hair was cool. Like he transform from the boy-toy into evil dude. I makes it hard to image Young Anikin in the Darth Vader suit. I also thought scene when he found out padme died was funny. NOOO!!!!... it took away the mysterious-ness of Darth Vader. I like the old 4-6 movies. The story lines where captive and pure.

hell yeah that transformation was sweet, it did seem odd though with the whole NOOOOOOO! bit though... i actually found padme popping luke and leia out to be funnier than vaders nooo scene

vader: is padme ok?
palpatine: in your rage you killed her
vader: what?
palpatine: shes dead!
vader: noooo!!!!
palpatine; *smiles*
vader: i was going to buy her flowers and take her to a movie, and maybe get a cute little puppy named princess, boo-hoo i love padme so
palpatine: ah your transition to the dark side is complete you must get that puppy... oh and i was just kidding about her death lol lol lol
vader: yes very funny ha ha ha
palpatine: you didnt kill her she just died
vader: noooooo!

Posted by Klarth

Something I found great:

Yesterday, I downloaded a ROM of Super Star Wars for the snes. After you meet up with Ben Kenobi, and R2 is giving him Leia's message, she states that Kenobi "assisted her father in the Clone Wars many years back". This could either be intepreted as an inconsistency, or alternatively, a reference to Bail Organa. But even still, I never noticed the Clone Wars being mentioned any other time in the original trilogy. Yay.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Majesty:

But even still, I never noticed the Clone Wars being mentioned any other time in the original trilogy. Yay.

the clone wars get mentioned in the original trilogy

princess leia says it during her holographic speech inside obi-wans home

Posted by Hannibal King

I went and saw episode 3 again last night. and in the star wars trivia they had a movie qoute that sad "Thats no moon its a space station" obi-wan kenobi speaking to his dog. ???

Posted by Bebop

Loved it and I understood what was going on although being sober was probably a factor there.

Apart from the odd bad acting (such as between Anakin and Padme and that 'special' youngling with the chubby cheeks), the fuzzy characters where blue screen was clear and a few tinier things I would have preferred e.g. longer Wookie fight, this film rocked my socks.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Bebop: and that 'special' youngling with the chubby cheeks

lol... mashter shkywalker, there ish too many of them, what are we gonna do?

that scene was priceless *oscar*

Posted by RandomizeR

This was easily the best Star Wars film. The battles and lightsaber duels were wonderful, and the transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader when he had to kill the Padawans and Nute Gunray.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I just like action scenes, especially climactic scenes that are what the movie is all about. I can think of so many movies that I've watched simply because of their action. Freddy vs. Jason, Star Wars: Episode III, Debbie Does Dallas...

Posted by SuperSoupy

What the hell is wrong with the Star Wars casting director department. Why can't they choose a decent child actor?!

If that 'what are we going to do' kid in ep.3 was meant to be mentally challenged, then in that case the casting was spot on :P

But what about that kid who played Anakin in episode 1?! I'm still finding it hard to believe that out of all the kids who auditioned for that role, that great significant role in the first star wars film in 20 years, out of the many, many kids who tried out, they chose HIM!!

George Lucas needs to fire his casting director for that blunder. Or if he chooses these kids he should fire himself :p

Posted by bazariah

Quoting SuperSoupy: 1: What the hell is wrong with the Star Wars casting director department. Why can't they choose a decent child actor?!

2: If that 'what are we going to do' kid in ep.3 was meant to be mentally challenged, then in that case the casting was spot on :P

3: But what about that kid who played Anakin in episode 1?! I'm still finding it hard to believe that out of all the kids who auditioned for that role, that great significant role in the first star wars film in 20 years, out of the many, many kids who tried out, they chose HIM!!

1: maybe after all these kids watching nothing but cgi graphics fests there are no decent child actors anymore, maybe they are just emulating toy story

2: i dont think that padawan was meant to be mentally challenged, but it was so funny how he come across that way :D

3: hey man if you can scream yippee, talk about funny love feelings and talk to a non-existent blue screen gci puppet you can do anything, i guess he just had those unique acting attributes

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I thought Jake Lloyd was sufficient as young Anakin. Certainly better than Christensen as ep 2 Anakin, IMO.

Posted by Hannibal King

Instead of escaping those kids tried to use the "Blend in with some chairs" force move

Posted by Bebop

You could tell that youngling was the first one to go. Hell,I would killed him anyways. Just for giggles.

Posted by I feel Yellow?

i liked it but we alredy knew the ending, what happened to jar jar :( has he gone now?

Posted by Hannibal King

To bad Anikan didnt finish off Jar jar, that would'ev been GREAT! :)

Posted by bazariah

Quoting I feel Yellow?: i liked it but we alredy knew the ending, what happened to jar jar :( has he gone now?

jar-jar simply goes back to naboo.. since he was at the very end of this movie, and at the end of the dvd release of return of the jedi

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting bazariah: jar-jar simply goes back to naboo.. since he was at the very end of this movie, and at the end of the dvd release of return of the jedi

Really? Jar Jar is in Jedi?

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Really? Jar Jar is in Jedi?

yeah they added a two second scene at the end of jedi during the celebrations were it goes from endor to coruscant to tattooine to bespin.. it's interspersed between those areas on the dvd release, you see naboo and hear jar-jar scream we'sa free!

Posted by Ami

I thought it was pretty good. And sad too.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting bazariah: yeah they added a two second scene at the end of jedi during the celebrations were it goes from endor to coruscant to tattooine to bespin.. it's interspersed between those areas on the dvd release, you see naboo and hear jar-jar scream we'sa free!

I thought he died. That would have been better.

Posted by maian

It wouldv'e been the coolest if Anakin brutally murdered Jar Jar. :(

Cause he was like, so totally in cahoots with the Neimodians.

Posted by Hannibal King

Oops, i mest up on my cred to maian

Jar Jar-Anie youza killa mesis padme, i stop youza now
Anikens lightsaber-vwoosh

Posted by bazariah

hannibal king, dude you could have just replied rather than de-repping

but anyways you see jar jar in-between loads of other gungans, and you hear his voice screem we'sa free, so in actuallity you do see him but he's mingled with loads of others, when you read your wheres wally/waldo/wilfred whatever books as a kid you knew wally was in the picture, even if you didnt immiedietly know he was there you may have seen him about 50 times without realising same difference here

Posted by Aioros

[IMG]http://www.mindspring.com/~ernestm/jarjar/jarjar2.jpg[/IMG]
[COLOR=Yellow]"Meesa jar Jar Binks, meesa ruined Star Wars."[/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I didn't mind Jar Jar one bit. He was a well developed character that added some stuff to the story.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I didn't mind Jar Jar one bit. He was a well developed character that added some stuff to the story.

yeah he had his charm, plus it was because of jar-jar the phantom menace grossed so much at the box office, that movie took the most money at the box office out of all the sw movies

Posted by auzzman5151

Episode 3 was very emotional and almost depressing. Im wondering and hoping Lucas will make a side story about Star Wars. Wasnt Shawdows of the Empire supposed to be between Episode 4 and 5 with Dash Rendar?

Posted by Killer Jordo

Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith in my opinion is one of the best movies ever!

Posted by Hannibal King

sorry baz, i ate too much sugar that day. ill add to your rep as soon as it lets me :)

Quoted post: that movie took the most money at the box office out of all the sw movies

Ep. III took the most money. It even broke records, including Spiderman 2's record.

Posted by Boner

[URL=http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3]I'd give my opinion of the movie. But, I think MADDOX pretty much sums up my thoughts and then some. I love his movie reviews :-D[/URL]

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR=Sienna]S T A R T R E K [/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]began as a TV series in the 60s -70s period. Star Trek cinema movies I believe will not stop since a lot of fans around the world want to see more space exploration and the conflict between human and alien seem unstoppable. As for Star Wars, no TV series had started off the space war saga. Will Star Wars movie episodes continue with the next generation of new Jedi because fear that the resurrection of the Sith could happpen all over again.[/COLOR]

Posted by Mystic Hero

Uh wrong thjread buddy, try [url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=3412]here[/url] instead.

Posted by SuperSoupy

yea im not suprised episode 3 made the most money. Its everybody's last chance to see Star Wars on the cinema screen. And with Star Wars being the cinematic achievement it is, it's an experience I wanna indulge in while I still have the chance!!

The only real reason I can imagine people not approving of this movie though, is due to the fact that it is just too easy to just compare it to the original trilogy. As a movie it's fantastic. It's got great story (a bit 'Shakespeare', but who better to draw a story basis from), greater animation and effects, and better acting and direction. It's just that when people have been anticipating this for over 20 long years since the original trilogy, it don't matter how hard Lucas tries it's gonna be impossible to exceed their expectations, isnt it?

and i still think that kid in episode 1 was totally mis-casted :P. What a terrible excuse for an actor.

Posted by loathing

Hahahahah, R2D2 was a serious character? Are you high? The characters of C3PO and R2D2 were created mostly for COMIC RELIEF. It doesn't take a Star Wars obsessee to realize this.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting SuperSoupy: and i still think that kid in episode 1 was totally mis-casted :P. What a terrible excuse for an actor.

Heh, he wasn't too bad. I thought he did better than Hayden did in episode 2. I mean, that's a big role to fill. I doubt any 10 year old would be able to do it that well. Really, when have you seen a good child actor, since MacCully Culkin (sp?)? I know I could do better now, but definitely not when I was 10.

Bass, how low can you go? death row, what a brother know?
[quote=loathing's sig]once again back it's the incredible
Rhyme animal, the incredible "D", public enemy number 1, five o said "freeze", and I got numb, can I tell them that I really never had a gun?

Posted by SuperSoupy

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Heh, he wasn't too bad. I thought he did better than Hayden did in episode 2.

what? that little mushroom head kid better than hayden christensen? surely not

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Better than Hayden Christensen from ep 2, but not ep 3. He improved quite a bit between those films.

Posted by Zeratul

What happened to the mushroom head kid after episode 1, he got a job pullin weeds and picking up ciggarette buts at Skywalker Ranch:p

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Krios: What happened to the mushroom head kid after episode 1, he got a job pullin weeds and picking up ciggarette buts at Skywalker Ranch:p

***, i'm putting you on the "gigantanormous idiot" list

Posted by Zeratul

you go ahead and do that

Within the first 20 min of the movie i could already tell what was gonna happen

Posted by SuperSoupy

truth be told though, what did happen to that kid? Has he actually been in any decent film since episode 1?

Just goes to show how long 'actors' like him last.

Posted by maian

Search up "Jake Lloyd"

I distinctly remember him being in "Jingle All the Way".

Posted by SuperSoupy

jingle all the way was in 1996, episode one was 1999. But hes been in nothin worth mentioning since then

Posted by Fei-on Castor

http://imdb.com/name/nm0005157/

Info on Jake Lloyd's career.

He was a good actor, I thought. But a lot of good actors go unnoticed. What has Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher done, worth noting, since Star Wars (apart from J&SB)?

Posted by Xenos

Mark Hamill was actually a really good actor--he's completely opposite from "Luke" in Star Wars. Luke was quiet and thoughtful, Mark was chatty and bubbly.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Fei-on Castor: [url="http://imdb.com/name/nm0005157/"]http://imdb.com/name/nm0005157/[/url]

Info on Jake Lloyd's career.

What has Mark Hamill worth noting, since Star Wars (apart from J&SB)?

Laserhawk.

k so it wasn't that good

Posted by smileitsdeath

Well i was dissapointed again from Lucas, but what can you do when he wanted to write, and directed it when he shoudn't have. I did like parts but there were so many plot holes and the bad guys were WAY to weak.

Posted by Zeratul

I think it was funny that Clone/storm troopers are revered for the fact that they never miss, but when they fight a hero the cant even touch em' :/

Posted by Fei-on Castor

That's a good point. Did any hero in any movie ever get hit by a blaster from anything?

Qui-Gon, Obi Wan, Padme, Luke, Han, Leia, hell, even Lando. They've all had countless blasters fired in their direction, and never have been hit. I can understand the Jedi deflecting the shots, but only Qui-gon and Obi Wan actually did that. Luke never even did.

Posted by Zeratul

i think he did once or twice......

i guess the other lesser jedi characters dont escape the blasters though;)

Posted by Mystic Hero

Yeah isn't that wierd? We see in Episode III how at the end the remaining Jedi all get gunned down by the troopers including those that are of Master rank. But later on in episodes IV-VI we see those that don't even have Jedi skills not getting taken out by the countless of shots being fired at them by troopers. And I think Luke only deflects a few. Maybe the trooper's skills got rusty over the years.

Quoted post: Yeah isn't that wierd? We see in Episode III how at the end the remaining Jedi all get gunned down by the troopers including those that are of Master rank. But later on in episodes IV-VI we see those that don't even have Jedi skills getting taken out by the counless of shots being fired at them by troopers. And I think Luke only deflects a few. Maybe the trooper's skills got rusty over the years.

The original troopers were direct clones of one of the most feard bounty hunters in the galaxy. In IV-VI, most are just people who enlisted. Thus, lacking the skills the troopes used to have.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Krios:

Within the first 20 min of the movie i could already tell what was gonna happen

like nobody else in the world worked out anakin was gonna turn bad, and the sh[SIZE=2]it[/SIZE] was gonna hit the fan *oscar*

Posted by SuperSoupy

Quoting Fei-on Castor: http://imdb.com/name/nm0005157/

What has Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher done, worth noting, since Star Wars (apart from J&SB)?

Mark Hamill did a fantastic joker in the batman cartoons. I think the fact is that the character of Luke Skywalker is a basic cliche young hero. He doesnt require much acting talent to play, hence he didnt stretch Mark's talents in the way the joker did (although it was only a voice, but one hell of one!).

Yeah it's weird how stormtroopers never hit a good guy target. But hey, if you believe that then why not question why human beings exist in a galaxy so far,far away from here? Or why people who exist so far away can somehow speak perfect english? And you're worried about a stormtrooper's accuracy... :P

Posted by Pikamon

Actually, if you look up Mark Hammill's acting career, you'll see tons of movies and tv shows (even a few video games, too). [url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/]He's been in a lot of voice acting, even before Star Wars.[/url]

Carrie Fisher hasn't done much, but she's still had some big screen work. Check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000402/

As for that thing about Storm Troopers always missing the hero, they don't. Leia got hit with a blast in Episode VI on Endor. I remember because I saw the movie the other day and thought to myself, "Whoa, they actually hit one of the main characters!"

Posted by SuperSoupy

well......there ya go then :P

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=DarkRed]Its definitely the best out of the recent Star Wars films(Epi. 1&2). I say its good because it has all the good actiony moments, like the fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Plus, the actors/actresses didn't seem like wooden puppets(as seen in Epi 1). I think Epi 3 is almost as good as the older Satr Wars(Epi 4-6).[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I just saw it for the sixth time, last night. Still awesome.

Posted by maian

Luke gets hit by a blaster on Tatooine.

...But not by a stormtrooper.

Posted by Zeratul

Quoting Vampiro: The original troopers were direct clones of one of the most feard bounty hunters in the galaxy. In IV-VI, most are just people who enlisted. Thus, lacking the skills the troopes used to have.

Partially true, the storm troopers were still the clones but some of the empire troops without helmets were enlisted members

Posted by Pikamon

Did the same guy who played Boba Fett also play Jango Fett? I ask because I was watching the older movies and noticed that Boba had the same voice as Jango does, which is weird if you think about it. I know he's supposed to be a clone, but how old was that actor? He only looks about 40 or so in the newer movies.

Quoted post: Partially true, the storm troopers were still the clones but some of the empire troops without helmets were enlisted members

Not all of them were clones, There was a mix of both.

Posted by TheresaL

WIthout reading the ENTIRE thread!! I'm GONNA say GOOD!!! Y? For obvious reasons...

Posted by Creature

First of all of course the movie would be predictible, we have already see the last 3 movies. But I don't think that it was all that it was hyped up to be. Great movie but not as good as I thought.