The Koopa Saga

Posted by Proto Man

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]One night while I was watching the movie Super Mario Brothers, I was thinking "Where did the Koopas come from?" I thought all about it all that night while I layed in bed and now here is the end result, I hope you enjoy. It is pretty much a mini-story that precedes Mario Story (To be posted later). It also ties everythng all together. Note that none of this is from official sources, just my own imagination, and you have to admit, some of it does make sense. [/COLOR]

Prolouge: Beginnings

Long ago, before Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, or even Bowser himself, there were a number of kingdoms in a dimension called the Mushroom World. One of these was a tropical island called Yoshi's Island. It was extremely peaceful, and the Yoshi's were very successful. The island was ruled by the great Yoshi chief, who was all powerful, and he was very young and handsome.

Chapter 1: Troubles in Paradise

Yoshi's Island was part of a peaceful region called Dinosaur Land. It was inhabited by other Dinosaur's like the Rex's, Renzor's, Dino Rino's and a perticular race on another island. This race was the Koopa's! Now the Koopa's were never known to start any trouble, but they were very jealous of the Yoshi's. They were very greedy, but greedier still were the Kremlings, a race of lowly reptiles who inhabited the other half of the island the Koopa's lived on. This island was called Kremkoop Island because of the two inhabinates. The Kremlings were always secretly stealing the Koopa's gold. Horatio Koopa was the leader at that time. Even though the Kremlings and Koopa's didn't like eachother that much, they both dispised the success of the Yoshi's. Horatio and King I. Rool of the Kremlings, decided to join forces to try and take over Dinosaur Land. They wanted to make the Yoshi's slaves. The Koopa's had always wanted to do this, but they knew they couldn't do it alone since their army was small, so they thought that maybe if they joined up with all the other Dinos and instilled an evil into them, then they might have a chance. The Koopa's and Kremlings started from their island, and marched all over Dinosaur Land, enlisting the services of the other jealous Dinosaur's. On their way, they planted mysterious little seeds in the ground. Soon they had reached the bridge that led from Donut Plains, into Yoshi's Island. The Yoshi's on the other hand, had no clue what was going on. They were having their annual fruit festival, and plus they didn't think anyone would try to hurt them so they didn't worry about anything. Little did they know that the biggest insurrection in history would take place on Yoshi's Island, and nothing would be the same for decades!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]*End of Chapter*[/COLOR]

Posted by Proto Man

We should pause for a moment to look at the armies of all sides, first the Koopa's. Horatio Koopa did not have a very large army at that time, infact it was his son Morton who later built it up. All they had were Koopa Troopa's, a force of giant turtles that were mean and could not be beat that easily, a seaforce of Cheep Cheeps, and the latest edition was an airforce of Lakitu's that dropped Spiny's. See, back then all the Koopa's had to rely on was evolution, as they did not know how to use magic yet. The Lakitu's had just evolved from a special kind of Koopa a month ago, and it was found they could control clouds. They made a very nice air force, but had no ammo to shoot with. It was the end of last month that it was noticed another kind of Koopa was growing spikes on his shell, they could also curl up into a ball. Horatio named them spiny's, and gave them the job of being the Lakitu's ammo to throw. The Lakitus then spent the beginning weeks of that month practicing manuvers. The Piranha plants were plants that came specialy from Kremkoop Island, this would be a secret weapon. The Koopa's had special bred these plants to be vicious and mean, and this was the plant that the mysterious seeds would grow into!

Horatio was confident on winning with the help of the others. The Kremlings were a wild bunch, mostly made of little Klap Traps as they yet had to evolve some more. The rest of the evil army was made up of the other races that inhabitated Dinosaur Land, and there were still to be future soldiers.

On the Yoshi's side, there wasn't that big of an army, but the Yoshi's were mighty warriors. The leader of which was the Great Yoshi Chief, and to asisst him were the 3 wise Yoshi sages, who were alot older than the Great Yoshi Chief. All Yoshi's were different colors, but these three were very wise and given special powers from the Original Yoshi before he died generations ago. These three are whom our Yoshi is a direct descendent from. The Red Sage had the power of fire, the Blue Sage had the power of flight, and the Yellow Sage had the Power of stomp. Together, with the regular Yoshi soldier's and the Great Yoshi Chief, they made a force to be reconned with! This was the first time the Yoshi's had ever fought, but the Original Yoshi had prophosied that an evil force made up of jealousy would try to take over, and that is why he gave the sages their powers. Now the world would see what these Yoshi's could do!

Posted by Proto Man

Horatio and I Rool were delighted to find that nobody was guarding the bridge, and crossed over into Yoshi's Island. The Yoshi's were totaly unaware, and were having the time of their lives at the fruit festival. Horatio knew that just because they were in, didn't mean they could start attacking right away. No sir, infact they still had work to do. The next part of the mission was to check the locals, and see who would be willing to help take out the Yoshi's. The first natives he ran into were the Shy Guys, who were sulking because they weren't invited to the fruit festival. Horatio told them that if they joined him, they would get to eat all the fruit they wanted. The Shy Guys agreed, and led Horatio and his crew to the other natives. Around the outskirts of the island they went, telling all the local natives that they had to unite so they would be strong against the Yoshi's, and this is how all the clans got started.

Seeds of evil and jealousy were not the only things Horatio was planting. He was also planting the special Pirhanta Plant seeds that would grow and help take over the island! Horatio decided that for these Pirhanta Plant's to be effective, he would have to be extra sneaky. To plant the seeds, he decided to create a network underground. That way if one plant was taken out, another could pop back up in it's place later. This central Pirhanta Plant was named Naval, and it was planted in the middle of the Jungle where the Monkeys and the Frogs and Toads lived. While in the Jungle, Horatio got the Monkeys on his side, and the Frogs and Toads. He himself installed a Toad named Wart as the Frog and Toad clan leader. Finally, Horatio and King I. Rool had thier army. All it was now was a matter of time for the Pirhanta Plant's to grow out. Meanwhile Horatio had the Shy Guys sneak into the Yoshi's Fruit Festival for a great big party crash!

Posted by Proto Man

[left]The Yoshi's were having the time of their life at the annual Fruit Festival. They just recently had a decent harvest and there was enough to go around for everybody. One of the Yoshi's was going over to the apple buffet when he noticed a green shy guy among the melons. "Hey, what are you doing here? This is a Yoshi only party you lazy bum" The reason that the Shy guy's were not invited is because they were very lazy, and never helped plant any fruit. The Shy Guy eating the melon just smiled and spit seeds at the Yoshi. The Yoshi got mad, and was about to throw the Shy Guy out, when he looked up to see a horde of Shy Guy's standing outside the party grounds. "Ok what's the big idea?" the Yoshi asked. One of the Shy Guy's stepped forward and said, "We, and all the other islanders have decided we want to have a new government where everyone gets something. We are tired of having you Yoshi's always being in charge, and getting everything good to eat." The Yoshi's started laughing. "IT'S NOT FUNNY!" The Shy Guy screamed. The Great Yoshi Chief heard the screaming and walked over. "Ok, what's the hubbub about?" he asked. "Your rule is about to end my dear chief." said the Shy Guy with a wicked grin. "Oh just because we aren't letting them eat at the fruit festival, they think they have a right to take over." explained a Yoshi. "You Shy Guy's do work, that's why you don't get this fruit." said the chief. "See, we are tired of your rules! You shall pay dearly! We shall rule!" The Yoshi's laughed again, "Yeah, you and what army?" said the Yoshi Chief. Suddenly a Yoshi girl screamed "EWW! There are little weeds over here, and their eating our fruit too!" The Yoshi's looked and there they saw little red and green plants that were eating the berries, and even a couple flies." "What is going on here?" asked the chief. You will see in time, laughed the Shy Guy, and the Shy Guy's started eating the fruit. The Yoshi's tried to destroy what looked like little weeds, but when they took one out, another popped up. "This is useless!" cried a Yoshi. "Bwahahaha" The Yoshi's soon heard an evil laughter. "Your right, it IS useless, my Piranha Plants are unstoppable." Before Horatio jumped out of the trees, he looked back to see if I. Rool had his army ready. "In a minute, I'm right behind you." [/left]

[font=Arial][color=lemonchiffon]I. Rool laughed to himself. "Sucker." He really didn't care about making Yoshi's slaves, what he cared about was anything golden. Sure it appeared that he as assembling his army, but in reality he was getting ready to pull out. He had just stole the rare Golden Fruit, and was now getting ready to head back to Kremkoop Island to steal the rest of Horatio's treasure. Then he would be long gone by the time the Koopa's got back. I. Rool was getting tired of living in Dinosaur Land, playing third in power to the Yoshi's and Koopa's. He would go and try to dominate a species weaker than his Klaptraps. Later, if the Kremlings evolved to be more powerful, maybe he could come back and beat the Koopa

Posted by Proto Man

King I. Rool had finally pulled out almost all of his troops, only a regiment stood waiting to pull out as well. These troops were heading back to the harbor where the ship was, and were taking the Golden Fruit that they had stolen with them in a cart. The rare golden fruit was special because the Yoshi's had worked hard to make it. This type of fruit grew real well, and had special powers to make you feel happy. They actually kept it in a cave in a remote part of the island, so nobody would steal it. King I. Rool could stiff out anything golden from anywhere though, and was an expert treasure hunter. While Horatio had been going around recruiting people, he had secretly been looking for this fruit. Now he had it, and nothing was going to stop him. The harbor was in the village, so Horatio thought to fool Koopa into thinking he would check it out. Horatio called back, "Are you coming, or not? We have oto find them!" "I am going to check the village." answered I. Rool, and took the cart of fruit, and the rest of his troops with him to the village.

The Yoshi's found the village really quiet when they got there, and felt really eerie. Soon the flying cloud people would be upon them, what could they do? The Yoshi Chief was thinking on these things when he heard a squeaking noise. He looked to see lo and behold their Golden Fruit being wheeled away by what looked like a green crocodile. The Chief, was alarmed at first, but then slowly a rage was building within him. That was their happiness because that was the hard work of all previous harvests put together, and they had worked hard to breed the best of the best fruit. First the Koopa's terrorizing them, and now this... SOMETHING HAD TO BE DONE! The Yoshi Chief called over the three wise sages and told them to get ready for combat, he split the three up, and took a group of Yoshi's himself to take care of the intruders taking their fruit, while the rest of the Yoshi's sealed the village perimeter. "What do you think you are doing with that fruit? That is ours, please give it back!" King I. Rool looked at the Yoshi's and sneered. "This is my cart of fruit, if you want it, come after me you simpletons!" Well this just made the Yoshi's even madder, and they ran up to the cart and started pulling it back their way. Well I. Rool wasn't going to have that, so he pulled harder, and soon it ended up a tug of war. Each side pulled soooo hard though, that the cart broke, and fruit went flying everywhere. Only 3 pieces of fruit survied, while the rest flew into the water. This made the Yoshi's furious and started to chase the Klaptraps and I. Rool. Well I. Rool knew when he was done for, and he high-tailed it out of there, but not before he swiped up at least one piece of the fruit, which happened to be a golden banana. I. Rool, and the rest of the Kremlings, like the cowards they were, piled into their boat and headed out to sea. The Yoshi's looked very dismayed.... most of their special fruit was gone... now what were they going to do?

After Horatio had heard what I. Rool was going to do, he jumped down from the trees with a giant WOMP. He himself was a big fellow, but couldn't breath fire, nor would he be able to ever. Horatio marched around the forest with his army, hoping to either meet up with I. Rool, or find the village. After an hour of marching, he finally found the village, but what he found was a surprise. There in the distance he could see a ship, and it looked like I. Rool's. 'Why that sleazy scumbag...' he thought, 'he double crossed me!' "TRAITOR!!!!!!" he screamed, he would never forget this. Horatio had a feeling this might happen and it did. Forever the Kremlings were going to be the Koopa's enemy, he decided. Because he screamed though, this brought the Yoshi's attention on him, and they did not look too happy. In fact they looked down right furious, which was not good for Horatio. "You, did this... you brought those creatures here, and brought terrorism to the island" The Yoshi Chief said clenching his teeth. "You will pay!" He turned to the other Yoshi's, and yelled "CHARGE". The Yoshi's screamed their hearts out, and started fighting with all their might!

*End of Chapter*