Death metal RULES!!!!

Posted by Wolfy-Toboe

whos your Favorite death metal band???

death ,and morbid angel RULES

Posted by Shin-Ra

Put a little effort into your posts, especially when starting a thread.

I'm not a huge fan of Death Metal because the ever popular croaking vocals of bands like Cattle Decapitation just aren't my thing at all, and the odd instrumentation ("solos" placed randomly) is just annoying. There are some bands from the genre that I enjoy however, Behemoth, Vader, Cryptopsy (None So Vile), Vital Remains, old Suffocation, old Darkthrone (so uh, only Soulside Journey), and old Morbid Angel are my favorites. As for melodic death metal, I really, really dislike the Gothenburg style in general, but I enjoy bands that incorporate some nice clean vocals into the music since it keeps me from becoming bored/"desensitized" to the harsher singing.

Posted by Richaod

I like some death metal, but never for the vocals, only for the instrumentation. I find generic bands like Cannibal Corpse and Nile completely uninteresting.

I'm a huge fan of Gothenburg-style melodic death though; In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and Children Of Bodom in particular, and I'm getting into bands like Insomnium and Amorphis. For non-melodic death, I love Opeth, and Carcass and Morbid Angel seem okay from what I've heard of them.

Arch Enemy is hugely overrated.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: (so uh, only Soulside Journey)

ABitNS had tons of death metal elements in it. Pretty much the whole album can be seen as death metal, minus the vocals of course. Which is the mian reason most of the band members aren't a big fan of the album.

Posted by sabre

I'm not a fan. Neither the instruments nor the vocals appeal to me at all; it just comes across as practically noise to me.

Posted by Klarth

Wintersun is the most melodic death metal band out there, in my opinion. The instrumentalists are thoroughly talented, and Jari sings in a manner that you wouldn't actually consider very death metalish. It's practically just progressive metal with growled singing.

Personally, I like death metal alot. There's just a certain something about it that I can't get enough of. Though there are tons of exceptions to this, and it's certainly not my favorite genre, I like heavy music, it it doesn't get much heavier then death. I like it in all it's forms, just not old school, or extreme, melodic.

Bands like, Aborted, Betray My Secrets (sorta doomy), Cannae, Death, the Crown, Indigent, Nightrage, Nile, Opeth, killwhiteneydead (enough DM elements to make it DM), Strapping Young Lad, Torture Squad, et cetera. There's more I could list, but I can't think of any, and this is all I have on my mp3 player at the moment.

Quoted post: 'm a huge fan of Gothenburg-style melodic death though;

If you like the bands you listed, try out Shadow. Japanese Gotherberg band. Pretty good. Worth a listen if you like the genre.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I really dislike harsh vocals. So I suppose I'm not a fan.

Posted by Gollum

I'm only interested in a few death bands, namely Strapping Young Lad and The Haunted, who are sort of thrashy too. Most other bands I've listened to are mostly just noise.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: ABitNS had tons of death metal elements in it. Pretty much the whole album can be seen as death metal, minus the vocals of course. Which is the mian reason most of the band members aren't a big fan of the album.

Yeah, I remember watching the A Blaze in the Northern Sky interview and they said something to that effect. Fenriz actually looked pissed off when he talked about Zephyrous keeping some Death Metal elements in the music. I associate the album more with Black Metal however, since the vocals are such a big part of that particular album, along with the drums and the cowbell. Ah, nothing like that cowbell. If it is technically death metal, then mentally add that album to my list from earlier.

Quoting Richaod: For non-melodic death, I love Opeth

Opeth is pretty damn melodic.

Quoting Richaod: I find generic bands like Nile completely uninteresting.

See, I always thought they were pretty original in their sound. The incorporation of "ethnic" egyptian sounds as introductions and a guitar style that follows the stereotypical egyptian noises have struck me as anything but generic. I have my complaints though, Karl's low vocals irritate the hell out of me (but the other vocalist isn't too bad) and the sparatic guitar work is just frustrating at times.

As for the Arch Enemy comment, I'm going to agree there. Then again, since I don't like most of those Swedish bands like that, I think a lot of them are very overrated.

Quoted post: I associate the album more with Black Metal however

Same here, and pretty much always will. I was simply pointing out that SSJ isn't the only album that's ventured into the Death genre.

Quoted post: See, I always thought they were pretty original in their sound.

Yeah, I personally like that they introduce something new into the death sound. They actually have a theme that's other than generic for the death genre. And as they do have some stereotypical noises in their songs, the lyrics is where Karl's egyptian knowledge really shines. Just a shame that they're impossible to unstand without a booklet on hand.

Posted by G-Sides

Stormwarrior is good. =-O

Posted by MetalVox~55

:rock: METAUL RAWKS GUYZ!!! :rock:

Quoting MetalVox~55: :rock: METAUL RAWKS GUYZ!!! :rock:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/Forum/banger.gif[/IMG]

Posted by f_inal_link

Children of Bodom, In Flames , Dark Tranquillity , Soilwork , Opeth, At the Gates , Destroyer 666 and Napalm Death are my favourite Death metal :)

Posted by Nep0

Suddenly, everyone I know is into Death Metal.

I don't listen to enough of it, but what I have heard I do enjoy. Melodic Death Metal seems to keep my attention more than anything. Mors Principium Est, Children of Bodom (because Finland rules that much), In Flames, and Opeth tend to do the trick for the ears.

Posted by cool gamer dad

My favorite is Wormed.

Posted by Pit

Linkin Park is a pretty out of this world Black Metal band. Also, Sum 41 is up there. Cradle of Filth just sucks compared to these guys. Seriously. Midian? More like, midgetdian LO!L

Posted by MetalVox~55

I hate you chris.

Posted by Majeh717

In Flames has to be my fav

Posted by Pit

Quoting MetalVox~55: I hate you chris.

Why? Because I have an opinion? Scott, we just can't be friends anymore. You can like fag bands like Iced Earth and Cradle of Filth but none are as good as Good Charlotte.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Pit: Linkin Park is a pretty out of this world Black Metal band. Also, Sum 41 is up there. Cradle of Filth just sucks compared to these guys. Seriously. Midian? More like, midgetdian LO!L

I'd sooner listen to Linkin Park and Sum 41 than be subjected to Cradle of Filth.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Shin-Ra: I'd sooner listen to Linkin Park and Sum 41 than be subjected to Cradle of Filth.

Yeah, me too.

...Really.