Posted by Klarth

Mine seems to have about halved... In fact, so has that of everybody else.

I'm not actually complaining, but why has this happened and what's not being taken into account anymore? The boost from how much rep we have?

Posted by Morag2

Hmm... it couldn't be the boost from you much rep you have... because that would put your rep down to 4. (3 from 3000 posts and 1 from your time here)... It probably switched to 200 Rep = 1 Power, 2000 posts = 1 Power, 2 years = 1 Power.

Posted by Arczu

Not like I could change people's rep that much anyway...

Posted by William

It was probably changed since some of the more "n00bie"-like members complained about their reputation being decreased so much...since one de-rep by a high-rep power member could devastate the "n00bie" rep. That's what I'm thinking anyhow.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting William: It was probably changed since some of the more "n00bie"-like members complained about their reputation being decreased so much...since one de-rep by a high-rep power member could devastate the "n00bie" rep. That's what I'm thinking anyhow.

Sounds about right.

Posted by Klarth

nothing

Posted by Legend Saber

Goodie, now I have, like, two rep. Behold my awesome rep power.
Eh, not like I had much to begin with.

Posted by Shade

Dang, I liked being able to de-rep the stupid newbies for more than 3. :(

Posted by Axis

Didn't notice, and dont really care.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

unlucky to all the xperienced members who lost their rep. pretty cool.

Posted by Jesse Smith

For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power: From 100 to 250.

Bah, you all got too much reputation power!!!!!! You're geting too powerful!!!! :D:D:D:D

I know, you can say it.... er look who's talking!!!!! Speak for yourself!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Ch

Yes I noticed this. And I just got my power to give 6 rep too. :(. Bleh. whatever.

Posted by junior senior

If this is an April Fool's Day prank...you're so late.

Posted by Prince Redon

I didn't notice until like 30 seconds before seeing this thread...It came as quite a surprise to me, but meh, it doesn't really matter I guess.

Posted by Shade

I'M A POWER HUNGRY MONSTER AND ABUSIVE ALCOHOLIC, I WANT MY POWER BACK NOW!

I'm amazed that Dex still manages to have 25 rep power.

Posted by Lethal Shadow

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shade again.

:(

Posted by brownoystercult

Hey guys, it's Kopaka's fault.

Posted by Shade

Yes, most definately.

Posted by Boner

Yeah, I just now noticed this myself. I guess it doesn't really bother me. At least I got some good rep the past couple of weeks while some of the "big shots" around here still had meaty rep power :D

Posted by Richaod

This unbalances the amount of rep we have, since now it's harder to get any back if you were actually derepped by higher members.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Only if you are a n00bie has your rep been unbalanced! er, yep, u r a n00bie!!!!
[quote=n00bie]
I'M A POWER HUNGRY MONSTER AND ABUSIVE ALCOHOLIC, I WANT MY POWER BACK NOW!

Pay me $5,000 and you can have all the rep power you want!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Posted by Poison

Rep has been slip in half

Posted by Iris

Hey, give it back. Screw the noobies. :D

Posted by Prince Redon

[Quote=Iris]Screw the noobies.

I'll take some too please!;) *Shut up Redon you get nothing get back in your corner you stupid monkey!<-(more effective if you have seen Saiyuki)*

Posted by The Judge

I feel less mighty now...:(

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: Screw the noobies. :D

Now that's encouraging me to take it down even more!!! :D:D:D

Posted by The Judge

You are a horrible person, Jesse.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: You are a horrible person, Jesse.

Welcome to the world of reality, how may I help you!!! It only took you a few years to figure that out!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by loony636

Well, I never had more than one rep power, so I guess it doesn't impact on me much...except that other members can't bring my rep down much lower than it already is...

*Note to de-reppers, I expected to get de-repped on account of this post.
*Note to de-reppers, just because I expect to get de-repped, doesn't mean you have to de-rep me.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting The Judge: I feel less mighty now...:(

But still, mostly mighty, right?

Posted by higbvuyb

If you put everyone's rep power back, and then doubled their rep, it would all be the same.

But you'd have to double the starting rep to 20.

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Let's rep everyone back so everyone's rep power is back to normal!!!! Hey wait a minute, half of 3 isn't 1, I should have 1.5 rep power! At least you guys are mighty! :(

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Let's rep everyone back so everyone's rep power is back to normal!!!! Hey wait a minute, half of 3 isn't 1, I should have 1.5 rep power! At least you guys are least a little mighty! I have no might at all...well very little might. :(

Posted by Arczu

I really don't think it will get back to the "normal" we know of. And even with half the power gone... it's not impossible to rev it back up.

But I wonder why I have slightly more power than some other people in my range. some people in this area have 2...

Oh... thanks for the boost ppl. (There's a term I don't use that often...)

Quoted post: But I wonder why I have slightly more power than some other people in my range. some people in this area have 2...

Post count probably.

Posted by Iris

+1 rep power for registering.
+1 rep power for every 100 reputation.
+1 rep power for every 1,000 posts.
+1 rep power for every year spent at VGC.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: +1 rep power for every 100 reputation.

You wish!!!! :D:D:D *Hint* Look at your rep vs your rep power! Or read the thread again!

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Legend Saber: Goodie, now I have, like, two rep. Behold my awesome rep power.
Eh, not like I had much to begin with.

look at mine:cursor:

Posted by Iris

Quoting Jesse Smith: You wish!!!! :D:D:D *Hint* Look at your rep vs your rep power! Or read the thread again!

Shutup, ho. You just now divided rep power in half. And my rep power was changed based on my total rep power, not just rep power gained by reputation points.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Fei-on Castor: But still, mostly mighty, right?

The answer is yes. It was only a small, and more importantly momentarily, lapse in both my ego and my actual demonic power.

Posted by Apathetic

Aww poo mines 3 now :(

Posted by loony636

Quoting higbvuyb: If you put everyone's rep power back, and then doubled their rep, it would all be the same.

But you'd have to double the starting rep to 20.

Why bother, it just gives n00bs further to fall.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, because n00bs should totally have positive rep!

Posted by Fate

I've never repped so many undeserving people until this thread was made. All the people I do want to give rep to don't amount to twenty, so I have to get rid of the count.

Ghey.

Posted by Klarth

If they're undeserving, then why not just de-rep?

Posted by Fate

I only do that to deserving people, as well. To be frank, I don't really disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Posted by Morag2

I don't derep unless I have a very good reason (such as the need to conform with 10 other people who derepped)... I like to give rep alot, but I can't really do much anyway. In fact I'm gonna rep the above poster just for the heck of it.

Posted by Fate

why

That's why I don't like reputation points. I only like the nifty feature of having my comments shown, otherwise I wouldn't do it at all.

Posted by loony636

Well, because of my anti-rep fanatics, I have now got negative rep!

Quoted post: Well, because of my anti-rep fanatics, I have now got negative rep!

You have negative rep because you're an idiot.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Morag2: I don't derep unless I have a very good reason (such as the need to conform with 10 other people who derepped).

Dude! You're the reason rep power has been cut! You had been here less than a month, yet you allready had a rep power of four!!!! So I checked the rep power cause I though it only went up once per 250 rep, but no, it was per 100. So if any one needs to be de-reped bombed, you do!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Posted by Shade

And because he hates iPods. I mean, come on. Who hates those?

I only rep posts that I feel are good posts, and had some thought thrown into them. Or if they just made me laugh a lot. I de-rep whenever I read a post and think, "What a f*cking idiot, who would post this crap? A f*cking idiot, that's who."

Posted by Ch

Quoted post: i just let the **** censor do it's job.

Comments on this post
Dyers Eve agrees: 500+ Biotch.
Shade disagrees: minus 500, byatch, because i can
Cold Fire agrees: shade is a moron

The above was my post in the "Swearing" thread.

"I de-rep whenever I read a post and think, "What a f*cking idiot, who would post this crap? A f*cking idiot, that's who."

no. you de-rep "because you can."

Posted by Shade

I don't like people who tell me to let the censor do its job. Thusly why I derepped, the dropping it below 500 was just a quirk. ;)

Quoting Shade: I don't like people who tell me to let the censor do its job. Thusly why I derepped, the dropping it below 500 was just a quirk. ;)

Yeah, if I saw a comment that said 500+, I'd derep them. Even if I don't usualy do that.

Just because.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Shade: I don't like people who tell me to let the censor do it's job.

" I just let the **** cencor do it's job."

Posted by Shade

Hah! I'm laughing at myself for missing that one little 'I'. Man, this is embarasing.

Posted by Poison

Oh wait! It

That's because he's the Admin.

Posted by Shade

And he's on crack, can't forget that! :D

Posted by mis0

He's mostly just a dumbarse. I'd ignore him because it's obviously attention he wants.

Posted by Poison

Quoting Vampiro: That's because he's the Admin.

No, its because he

That too.

Posted by Arczu

No really, this is getting out of hand... I really don't think people should be freaking out THAT much about their "reputation powaa". Yeah, Jesse has Triple 6. If you have been here long enough, you know that's his favorite number.

Posted by Shade

OUR ADMIN IS THE ANTI-CHRIST! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Posted by Jesse Smith

[QUOTE=Poison]No, its because he

Posted by Poison

Quoting Jesse Smith: Something tells me you want to be de-reped to around -200!!! U r a n00bie, there 4 u don't deserve very much rep power.

If you

Posted by Last Fog

Why don't we just have a public vote to keep or remove rep all together. I'm sure most people want it gone, seeing how everyone's contantly complaining about it.

Jesse, you said it yourself, you don't like people "abusing" the system (funny though, how you're one of them, mister 666), so why have it at all??

The commenting thing is cool, but I can't just disagree without lowering someone's number. And as we all know, you make enemies that way. :rolleyes:

I know it's been said several times to get rid of it, and I know it'll probably never happen, since the admin likes to keep whatever annoys people, but can't we please just make a poll??

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Last Fog: Why don't we just have a public vote to keep or remove rep all together. I'm sure most people want it gone, seeing how everyone's contantly complaining about it.

Um no, every one would cry if it was gone. All of you are rep freeks and you know it!!! :D:D:D:D

Quoting Last Fog:
Jesse, you said it yourself, you don't like people "abusing" the system (funny though, how you're one of them, mister 666), so why have it at all??

Um, he asked for rep, so I gave him rep!!!!! Just the bad kind!!!! I would NEVER abuse the system!!!! :D:D:D:D

Quoting Last Fog: since the admin likes to keep whatever annoys people.

Welcome to the world of reality, how may I help you!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Legend Saber

Quoting Jesse Smith: Um no, every one would cry if it was gone. All of you are rep freeks and you know it!!! :D:D:D:D

You're right, YOU'RE RIGHT!!!! I'm a rep-freak, I've become addicted to it, oh, that lovely number dangling right below the number of posts I have... Oh, ***! I NEED REP! I NEED REP!!!!! OH ***, PLEASE, GIVE ME REP RIGHT NOW!!! I NEED IT! I NEED IT!!!! I'LL DIE IF I DON'T INCREASE THE LOVELY, AMAZING, ASTOUNDING, BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL NUMBER BELOW MY POST COUNT!!!! OH PLEASE!!! GIVE ME REP!!!

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Jesse Smith: Um no, every one would cry if it was gone. All of you are rep freeks and you know it!!! :D:D:D:D
Only because it's there. If there was no rep, no one would worry about how low or high theirs is, because THERE IS NONE! Even a wacko can undertsand that! :bash::bash::bash:

And yea, jacking your power to triple digits is abuse.

Posted by Morag2

Quoting Jesse Smith: Dude! You're the reason rep power has been cut! You had been here less than a month, yet you allready had a rep power of four!!!! So I checked the rep power cause I though it only went up once per 250 rep, but no, it was per 100. So if any one needs to be de-reped bombed, you do!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Really? Me? I'm the one who brought this misfortune down upon all the good vgchat users? WHY DID YOU TELL THEM THAT???? NOW I'M GONNA GET STONED OR BURNED AT STAKE OR SKINNED ALIVE OR FED TO A SHARK OR SOMETHING EQUALLY DEADLY AND LESS HUMANE!!!!!!!! *calms down*

Actually I feel special... lol, however I'd rather not be de-rep bombed... I've grown quite fond of that little number. Lol.

... It's not like I was supporting Jesse Smith... no sir, not me.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Morag2: As for Jesse Smiths being insane... well I like having an insane admin... you know... kind of makes the board a bit more interesting... *braces for whatever the consequences of supporting him may be*

Dude!!!! NEVER publicly say you like the crack pot admin!!! All the intelligent members will brand you a n00bie for the rest of your days, or atleast until you become a mod, and your rep will quickly drop like a rock!!! Quick, edit your post!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Jesse, go ban yourself.

Posted by loony636

Well, look at me and see what happens when you think that Jesse is an okay admin.

Posted by sabre

I don't think people dislike you because you like Jesse Smith.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Morag2: Actually I feel special... lol, however I'd rather not be de-rep bombed... I've grown quite fond of that little number. Lol.

Me too. For me, it's fun to see how much that number changes day by day. OH MY GOSH, I LIKE REP, MAY G*D SMITE ME DOWN!

Also, the system seems to be much less abused than in the past. Although there still are some problems, I think that people have pretty much stopped just giving out rep for random reasons. At least, that's what I've seen.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Jesse Smith: Um no, every one would cry if it was gone.

I'd still sleep at night.

Posted by Morag2

Lol, I think taking away the rep system would be very bad... thats actually what drew me into this site in the first place... I looked around and I'm like, "Hey look at that rep system, thats cool, I'm gonna join"... and I did and I like it and stuff... so ya.

Posted by Shade

Okay, so the tally for 'Like Rep' is two. And for 'Hate Rep' is...everybody else.

Posted by Iris

I think most members are fairly apathetic on whether it stays or goes.

Posted by The Judge

I care :(

Posted by Shade

Nobody knows how many times I have looked up that word, only to forget what it means.

EDIT: Apathetic.

Posted by Boner

I'm glad Jesse still has his same rep power. Mainly because it's too **** funny to see stuff like this -------->[URL=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=4719]http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=4719[/URL]

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Iris: You're not part of the majority, fag. That was directed towards The Judge.

You forget that I AM the majority. I AM the Senate.

Posted by Shade

Not yet you aren't. omg star warz

Posted by Iris

Quoting The Judge: You forget that I AM the majority. I AM the Senate.

>:O

Posted by Corrupt

I'd actually be happy to see it go, honestly. But still; even if it isn't removed, I don't care. I highly doubt Jesse will get rid of it, anyway.

Posted by The Judge

Regardless if it is a worthless number, it is true that you can sometimes make judgements on the person in question based on their reputation. Example, if you're like Raptor or BJ with really high rep, people upon first glance will know you are a well respected member, whereas these people with nearly -300 rep people instantly recognize as a spammer or generally unliked. Without reputation points, there isn't any way to quickly asess who is of high standings on the site. Use me as an example. I would like to think I'm at held in at least medium-esteem here, but I've only been here a year.

Posted by Poison

What about people like me with 445 rep and 70 posts? I hope I'm not a spammer, and I do try to gain people's respects.

Posted by Shade

I'm held as a decent enough poster, right?

Yeah, that'll do.

Btw, Poison has my 'spect.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: Regardless if it is a worthless number, it is true that you can sometimes make judgements on the person in question based on their reputation. Example, if you're like Raptor or BJ with really high rep, people upon first glance will know you are a well respected member, whereas these people with nearly -300 rep people instantly recognize as a spammer or generally unliked.

Um, then why do I have a high number, when I'm the biggest n00bie here!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by loony636

I'm held as a **** poster aren't I? Or is it just my anti-rep stand that has brought by rep into the negatives?

Posted by Morag2

Loony, the posts I've seen of you seem somewhat decent... however you've evidently done something to kill your rep so much. Like judge said, I like the rep to decide if another member is a respected poster... then there are people like me with a relatively low number... and I'm hopefully not completely hated, lol.

Posted by Boner

Quoting loony636: I'm held as a **** poster aren't I? Or is it just my anti-rep stand that has brought by rep into the negatives?

Perhaps your posts just really suck. I honestly can't be sure. I have not payed that much attention to you. Maybe you rep was sinking so low that you stopped caring about it, and you decided to get as much negative rep as possible. Maybe that's your claim to fame around here.

EDIT: Ok, I have read some of your posts recently. You're correct. You are a **** poster.

Posted by Iris

Quoting loony636: I'm held as a **** poster aren't I?

Yup! Because you are, ya noes?

Posted by Sable Wind

I like the comment feature, but rep? Couldn't care less.

Posted by Klarth

I agree. I also like the manner in which Iris strives to insert a secret message into every single post she makes. 8-).

Posted by Shade

I agree to dissagree to agree.

Posted by loony636

[QUOTE]People dislike you not because you dislike the admin, it

Posted by sabre

Quoting loony636: I LIKE the admin, that's why people de-rep me.

Yeah, that's definitely it.

Posted by Legend Saber

Considering how much you all don't care about rep, this thread sure did get a lot of replies. I also find it odd that the only thread on page one that has more replies than this one is entitled "Rep and Comments." Hmmm...

Posted by Fate

You failed to mention that most of the posts in the thread are general crap in the first place. It's not as if these posts require much effort.

So you fail altogether.

Posted by Apathetic

rep me fools i need more rep :(
I had fun with the rep whore threads cause i rep whore ;)
its just a fun little feature that means everything to me. :O
I need a life =/

Posted by Hannibal King

I may have little rep but i like peoples idea's on this website so dont be suprised if i agree with you on a bunch of stuff =D

Posted by Poison

Hannibal King, more like fag master.

Posted by Hannibal King

wow..........thats gotten really old fast :D

Posted by Ch

Hannibal King, more like fag master. :big_bird:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting User 245: Hannibal king, more like fag master:big_bird:

*** youre awesome

SARCASM

Posted by Poison

Quoting Hannibal King: wow..........thats gotten really old fast :D

Hannibal King, more like fag master

Posted by Iris

Hey, guys, stop flaming, it's totally uncool. I love you more, Jack!

Posted by sabre

Okay, this thread has reached the pinnacle of stupidity. Locked.