Metroid: Dread

Posted by inequity

Yes, a new 2d metroid is coming to the DS. Not much is known about it as of yet but Im happy to hear the old 2d metroids are still alive.

source: http://gba.n64europe.com/index.php?id=3505

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I've heard nothing about this, but I'm excited. So much Meroid goodness. I'm not used to so it...

There's like, four games Metroid games coming out now... unusual. Better not flood the market.

Posted by Pit

About time. I need a new 2D Metroid game.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

cool. i loved metroid fusion for the gba, and the zero mission remake thing was also amazing. i hoope this one has a different storyline to it. mother brain is getting increeesingly boring for the 2d ones.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Jak Pattinson: cool. i loved metroid fusion for the gba, and the zero mission remake thing was also amazing. i hoope this one has a different storyline to it. mother brain is getting increeesingly boring for the 2d ones.

She's only been in 2 games... what the hell are you talking about "increasingly boring"? If anything, the boss that has been rehashed the most is Ridley, not Mother Brain.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

sorry buddy. by 2d ones, i meant the one for the snes and the zero mission remake. they were the ones with mother brain in them. i completed it so many times, so it got 'increessingly boring.' i apolgise for any misconsepsions pal.

Posted by Shade

I hope it's harder than Zero Mission was, that was WAY too easy. I never played fusion.

Posted by Litbut

I hope it'll be like Super Metroid. I loved that game and still do.

Posted by Zeta

This game had better be post Fusion. I wanna know what the hell the Galactic Federation is up to. I mean, there were Space Pirates and Ridley on BSL, plus the Metroid Breeding program, so they're obviously up to something[/paranoia]

Quoting Shade: I hope it's harder than Zero Mission was, that was WAY too easy.

Are you f***ing kidding!? Try unlocking the last ending pic (15% or less on Hard Mode) and then decide whether M: ZM is hard or not. Hell, I can't do it; I'm too reckless.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Zeta:

Are you f***ing kidding!? Try unlocking the last ending pic (15% or less on Hard Mode) and then decide whether M: ZM is hard or not. Hell, I can't do it; I'm too reckless.

That's an accomplishment, has nothing to do with the actual game being easy or not.

btw: I did that :-*

Posted by FerreTrip

Quoting Zeta: This game had better be post Fusion. I wanna know what the hell the Galactic Federation is up to. I mean, there were Space Pirates and Ridley on BSL, plus the Metroid Breeding program, so they're obviously up to something[/paranoia]

If they don't make this post-Fusion there's gonna be some throat-slitting. I'm going thru Fusion for, like, the fifth time, and I'm getting a little bored. I WANT A NEW GAME WITH THAT BADASS FUSION SUIT!! Like, a Prime game that's post-fusion. That'd be awesome. But man, I want a new 2d game, too.

No more fusion suit plz.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro: No more fusion suit plz.

Yeesh, why does everyone hate the Fusion Suit?

Posted by Stalolin

The Fusion Suit was okay. It was more of wardrobe change for Samus, not a great one but yeah. The colors they chose for some parts of the Fusion Suit were sort of icky.

I don't care what suit she's wearing I just want another 2D Metroid.

[QUOTE]Yeesh, why does everyone hate the Fusion Suit?

Posted by Pit

I think Samus looked awesome in it in Metroid Prime. The suit looks nice in 3D, imo, but I disliked it in Fusion. It was a nice touch, but I prefer her traditional power suit from Zero Mission and on.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Any new Metroid game is fair and fun imo. I'm certainly looking forward to a new adventure.

Posted by inequity

Quoting FerreTrip: If they don't make this post-Fusion there's gonna be some throat-slitting. I'm going thru Fusion for, like, the fifth time, and I'm getting a little bored. I WANT A NEW GAME WITH THAT BADASS FUSION SUIT!! Like, a Prime game that's post-fusion. That'd be awesome. But man, I want a new 2d game, too.

She lost the fusion suit at the end of Metroid fusion. Why would she have it in the new one? I Happened to like the fusion suit very much. It wasn't as bulky.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting MackSlovack: She lost the fusion suit at the end of Metroid fusion. Why would she have it in the new one? I Happened to like the fusion suit very much. It wasn't as bulky.

No, she's still got the Fusion Suit, it just took on the normal Varia Suit's color scheme at the end of MF. She's stuck with the Fusion Suit unless she finds the suit pieces the GF researchers removed (Fat chance), or if she finds another one of those Chozo suit shrine places (Like the one in Zero Mission).

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: No, she's still got the Fusion Suit, it just took on the normal Varia Suit's color scheme at the end of MF. She's stuck with the Fusion Suit unless she finds the suit pieces the GF researchers removed (Fat chance), or if she finds another one of those Chozo suit shrine places (Like the one in Zero Mission).

The oen the GF removed was what created the SA-X =x

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Uhh... this was cancelled, annoyingly. Does anyone have any more info on why? I don't.

Posted by GameMiestro

Perhaps because of Metroid Prime: Hunters...

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Wings: Uhh... this was cancelled, annoyingly.

Source, plz.

Indeed.

I would be shocked.

I would be less shocked if it was just put on hiatus.

Posted by Seres Aran

I'd always heard that Dread was just a rumor... and that it had never been confirmed in the first place. But that was like a month ago, so... yah.

Well, it was supposed to run alongside Hunters, and I've a feeling that the 2D ones are developed in-house as opposed to outsourced to Retro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Dread

Make of that what you will. Could have been a rumour, could have been a short-lived project. Personally, the title seems a bit ambiguous to be real...

Posted by Zeta

Not everything on wikipedia is true. N-Next might have claimed it was dead since no info has been released.

But just in case it IS cancelled: How dare you ruin my dreams of kicking Federation Trooper ass, Nintendo.

Oh, shush - I heard it on Cube-Europe, I think. The wikipedia article was just what a quick Google got me.

Even if it is dead, you know there will be a 2D Metroid on the DS some time in the future.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: Even if it is dead, you know there will be a 2D Metroid on the DS some time in the future.

Probably more than one.

Uhh, there wasn't a 3D Metroid for N64 like everyone predicted. Don't get your hopes up.

As much as I'd love it, I don't see it happening if it doesn't happen within a year after Hunters - it would seem like a step back. Maybe on GBA.

Posted by Zeta

The only reason there wasn't a Metroid game on the N64 was because Gunpei Yokoi died. They decided not to make a N64 Metroid game out of respect for him, or something. If he hadn't died, we probably would've gotten Fusion on the N64.

Whoa, really? Didn't know that...

Posted by Zeta

Well now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
GI JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE!

Heh, sorry. Couldn't resist.

Posted by Drewboy64

Thanks, GI Joe!

I hope a 2d Metroid is made, but it won't be that bad if one isn't because I'll have Prime. I think a 2d metroid would be made though; theres all this talk about wanting to continue making 2d games.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Zeta: The only reason there wasn't a Metroid game on the N64 was because Gunpei Yokoi died. They decided not to make a N64 Metroid game out of respect for him, or something. If he hadn't died, we probably would've gotten Fusion on the N64.

Actually, he was forced to resign from Nintendo. He was the creator of Virtual Boy (along with Kid Icarus <3<3, Metroid, and the Gameboy Series), and because of what a big flop it was, they placed all the blame on him, and was forced to resign. Yes, he did die in a car crash a few years later, but he wasn't with Nintendo.