Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Posted by GreyFox38

My friend showed me a magazine the other day (forgot what it was) and it was talking about star wars episode 3 revenge of the sith, lego star wars, and battlefront 2. It didn't talk much about battlefron 2 so I was wondering if anybody knew what it would have in it. EX. characters, era(s), or any other things. And if it does have the clone troopers in the game again I hope it will be the mixture of the storm troopers and the clone troopers like in episode 3 the movie. also do you think that you will be able to play as the jedi ot the clone commander?

Posted by brownoystercult

That "magazine" was PSM. :)

And yeah, Battlefront 2 looks ****ing awesome

Posted by snake eater

i second that opinion...no fact! its a fact!

Posted by GreyFox38

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/preview_6122651.html

Here is a link that tells a little bit about the game and it also has some images as well, and in one of the images it showed a clone trooper in one of the walkers just like in the movie so I can't wait to play and be in the walker, also it showed an x-wing, tie fighter, bomb fighter, and that other fighter thingy with the sharp wings.

Posted by Black_Wolf

I thought that the original Battlefront was freggin' awesome and one of the best Star Wars games so far. I can't wait until the next one. Hopefully they add alot more gameplay elements like being able to set demolition charges, take over enemy vehicles, pick up different weapons, etc. Hopefully there will be more game modes as well like a version of King of the Hill, but not in Round form.

I don't know if I want to be able to be a Jedi in STBF2 or not. I mean, unless they make the Jedi vulnerable to blaster attacks and bombs and not make them overall ***s (even though thats what a Jedi is), then I won't mind. Automatically deflecting laser blasts will ruin that idea, but maybe if they made it to were u had to manually deflect them w/ the analog stick, that would be cool.

One thing I would like to see though is just more options as a soldier like climbing, rolling, ducking, giving orders and using the environment, then I"ll be extremely hapy.

Posted by GreyFox38

Quoting Black_Wolf: One thing I would like to see though is just more options as a soldier like climbing, rolling, ducking, giving orders and using the environment, then I"ll be extremely hapy.

Yea that would be a good installment, for example their could be a huge hill made of rocks and and the only way that you could get up was to climb it and then assault the enemy base or something like that. I thought that in the first game you could duck,roll, and give commands? I might be wrong, I might be thinking of another game but correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted by Black_Wolf

Quoting GreyFox38: Yea that would be a good installment, for example their could be a huge hill made of rocks and and the only way that you could get up was to climb it and then assault the enemy base or something like that. I thought that in the first game you could duck,roll, and give commands? I might be wrong, I might be thinking of another game but correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, maybe you could, I don't remember either, but I don't think the they actions were implemented that well, otherwise I would have remembered using them prolly. But I like the assault/climbing idea. I just hate being so limited in what my character can do. I'm not asking for a level up feature or anything, just more believeable actions and fun stuff to do while playing as star wars characters.

Posted by Random

I Enjoyed Battlefront. I played some good old shootin them up on Xbox Live. I'm stoked that their making a sequel and it comes with a better storyline and the option to be a Jedi. This game will be huge for both the PS2 and Xbox... Hope the PS3 and Xbox 360 though have backwards compatibility because I heard this game isn't supposed to be out til Nov... Around the time the 360 Launches.

Posted by GreyFox38

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I Enjoyed Battlefront. I played some good old shootin them up on Xbox Live. I'm stoked that their making a sequel and it comes with a better storyline and the option to be a Jedi.

Wait so you will be able to play as a jedi? Awesome. So what do you mean by a better storyline, what are they going to do for the storyline? And do you know who you will be able to play as like what type of clone troopers?

Posted by GreyFox38

Wow I just found some AWESOME video's that I thoguht that you guys should check out.

This one is a real time video and it shows that you can play as Darth Vader, General Grievious, and Mace Windu, also in one of the levels you can get in the tie fighter or x-wing and fly out of the space ship and have batlles in outer space and then fly into the other ships and take their command unit. This game looks awesome.

http://www.gamespot.com/live/streamer_new2.html?title=Star+Wars:+Battlefront+II+Official+Movie+1&path=swbattlefront2_om_mul_051905.asx&pid=927129&ppath=pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2&ksubmoid=&urdate=1136016000

And this video is a video at E3 and the guy talks about what they added and then he shows a little demo of the game. (Best one I think)

http://www.gamespot.com/live/streamer_new2.html?title=E3+2005+GameSpot+Live+Star+Wars:+Battlefront+2+Stage+Demo&path=2stream_swbf2demo_e305.asx&pid=927129&ppath=pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2&ksubmoid=&urdate=1136016000

Just found the E3 trailer for the game, pretty cool.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6107&type=wmv

Posted by Random

Quoting GreyFox38: Wait so you will be able to play as a jedi? Awesome. So what do you mean by a better storyline, what are they going to do for the storyline? And do you know who you will be able to play as like what type of clone troopers?

Honestly I don't know a whole lot. Just that I heard you can play as a Jedi and the storyline will be better. You'll have to wait and see. I'm sure the Jedi will have downsides though.. Like storming a Tank... O_o

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Honestly I don't know a whole lot. Just that I heard you can play as a Jedi and the storyline will be better. You'll have to wait and see. I'm sure the Jedi will have downsides though.. Like storming a Tank... O_o

The storyline is the movie stroylines if it'll be anything like the first.

Posted by Random

I heard theres major change from the first battlefront though. To make it even better? But I don't know all the details.

Posted by Hannibal King

I liked battlefront. it was fun and the fact that the hundred cpu's were around was cool. i hope that battlefront 2 come out for xbox cause thats all i got right now :(

Posted by GreyFox38

Yeah Battlefront 2 will be out for the x-box, which will have up to 32 people online in a game, the PS2, which will have up to 24 people online in a game, and the PC which will have up to 64 people online in a game!!! Plus you will be able to bring in a friend and you're friend can play with you online. (Kind of like Halo 2 online where you can sign in a guest)
And it will also be released for the PSP.

Posted by Random

Are you sure about a friend being able to join you on Live aswell on your box? The First battlefront didn't have that option which kind of stunk. Which means if me and 3 friends had xbox's and linked them, we could only do 4 ppl instead of 8. Oh well.. Hopefully there will be improvement :-D

Posted by GreyFox38

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Are you sure about a friend being able to join you on Live aswell on your box? The First battlefront didn't have that option which kind of stunk. Which means if me and 3 friends had xbox's and linked them, we could only do 4 ppl instead of 8. Oh well.. Hopefully there will be improvement :-D

Yeah because in one of the video's that I posted it was the director of the game and he said that you will be able to sign in a friend on x-box live just like in Halo 2.

This video also tells how there will be the ability to have 2 players on x-box live. He says, "...and now on x-box live we added 2 players so that you and your buddy can sit back on the couch and play x-box live together..." (The first part of the video is another game called Empire at War, the second part of the video is Battlefront 2)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6127&type=wmv

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I heard theres major change from the first battlefront though. To make it even better? But I don't know all the details.

But why, the game takes place during the movie time periods with all the armies from the movies, why make new storylines when there already there?

Unless it is a majorly changed game.

Posted by Random

Well I don't think their changing as much as they are Improving. They're probably just adding on. In battlefront htey pretty much just throw you in a battle without much of a story behind it. Probably now you go through more and probably end up in more battles. The Game looks great!

Posted by GreyFox38

I heard that in one of the storylines, you can play as the 501st. who were supposedly Darth Vaders 5 chosen clone/storm troopers that followed him from the beggining of when Ankakin turned to Darth Vader all the way until Episode 6, the last movie, and you get to play as those five all the way through the storyline. Also there is an Episode 3 storyline where you get to play through the whole Episode 3 movie. Now I'm not sure if all of this is true or not it's just what I heard, my friend told me and I saw it on one of the video's.

Posted by Hannibal King

I cant wait to play as a jedi in it

Posted by Chronic

This game looks awsome. Plus I love the sound the tie fighters make when they shoot. :)

Posted by GreyFox38

Yea, I can't wait to play in the Jedi Starfighter, tie fighter, the tie bomber, and the one ship that was in Episode 3 and it kinda looks like a mixture between an A-Wing and a X-Wing, that one looks awesome.Also I can't wait to play in the outer space battles and dogfight online!!

Posted by Hannibal King

I like how the AI talks while your flying, does anyone know if Darth Maul can use both sides of his lightsaber?

Posted by GreyFox38

Quoting Hannibal King: does anyone know if Darth Maul can use both sides of his lightsaber?

yes he can, and you can also play as mace windu, general grievious, obi won kenobi, darth vader, darth maul, and my friend told me that you can play as anakin skywalker but im not sure about him.

Posted by Hannibal King

I wonder why theres so many jedi, i mean theres only 4 armys and theres 5 jedi (6 if your right about anikan)

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Hannibal King: I wonder why theres so many jedi, i mean theres only 4 armys and theres 5 jedi (6 if your right about anikan)

Some armies are backed by more than just one Jedi or Sith

Posted by GreyFox38

Wouldn't it be so cool if you could play as a BARC trooper in one of the storylines, and play through his life and get on the BARC Speeder and go around and destroy everything in your path. I think that the BARC trooper would be cool to have as a playable character but he probably is not, but who knows. I wonder if the BARC speeder will be in the game? After all the AT-RT walker is in the game and the director said that the more command posts you take over, the more things you unlock so maybe the BARC speeder is something that you have to unlock. That would be awesome though. Also I just thought, if you have ever played the game Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith and beaten the game, then do you know those assasin clones or whatever where they avoided lightsaber attacks and they have the wristblades and stuff and they moved really fast? Well what if they put those guys in their and you could play as them? Wouldn't that be cool? Also I hope they fix the lag on online play because it Battlefront 1 it was terrible I got disconnected from a lot of games because of my connection, even when my connection was fine, I hope they fix that.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting GreyFox38: Also I hope they fix the lag on online play because it Battlefront 1 it was terrible I got disconnected from a lot of games because of my connection, even when my connection was fine, I hope they fix that.

That's a must to be fixed, that's Battlefront's biggest flaw, online anyway

Posted by Hannibal King

Its on xbox too, w00t

Posted by Random

uh yeah... PC/Xbox/PS2. It's just on a PS2 forum.

Posted by Hannibal King

Its not that im against ps2 i just only own an xbox :(
does anyone know of the new units in it?

Posted by GreyFox38

I only know the new clone units and they are, clone trooper, jet trooper, clone commander, heavy trooper, clone sharpshooter, and the clone engineer.

Posted by Random

haha it's kewl. The Xbox isn't a bad console at all so don't feel bad ^_^ In all honestly when I bought battlefront, I bought it for Xbox not PS2. The PS2 version is rather choppy and I don't like the placement of Analogs on the PS2 Controllers.

Posted by mh2k5

its looks awesome
want it bad

Battlefront was great so im sure this is gonna be 10 times better

Posted by Early Demise

I'm really happy to be hearing about this because I love the first one. Easy beat, but good game nonetheless.

Posted by Random

Yeah it wasn't too hard. Only at first when I wasn't used to it but it did get pretty easy. But When I set it on Hard it made things more difficult :-P

Posted by johnnyjy2k

its gonna be great death star battles and being able to play as a jedi

Posted by GreyFox36

Wouldn't that be cool if you were playing online and you were a Jedi then there was a built in voice masking for that certain Jedi and whenever you talked as that Jedi you're voice would sound like that? I think that would be pretty cool.

( Talking in Vader voice ) "I killed you, and you, and you, oh and you too."
P.S. my friend changed my password and won't tell me it so now I can't log back into my other name (GreyFox38) and when I clicked the thing that says "send screen name/password in e-mail" it never sends it so yea.

Also who would you guys prefer to play as? (EX. like the regular troopers, sniper, heavy trooper..) Me personally would prefer to play as either the sniper or the heavy trooper, it depends on what type of situation I'm in, if there is still a lot of people then I will use the sniper, but if their is a low amount of reinforcements then I will be the heavy trooper and blow everyone away.

Posted by vgmaster13

yeah star wars battlefront 2 looks friggen awesome and cant wait for it

Posted by GreyFox36

Hey all, just found 3 more videos that I thought you all might want to see, check 'em out at this site,
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/starwarsbattlefront2/media.html

They are all 30 sec. videos of 3 maps that are coming out, Geonosis, Polis Massa, and Coruscant. They also have some cool images as well.

Posted by GreyFox36

Just went to http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1797 and they have a couple of cool new videos. The ones that I think were the coolest were Felucia, Kashyyyk, and Coruscant. In the Kashyyyk video, you can see a BARC speeder, and at the end of the video, a wookie. (Forgot his name, it was one of the leader wookies.) Also Felucia looked like it would be a pretty good map. And as I was watching some of these videos, it looked like the clone troopers changed with the enviroment, for example, Hoth- Snow type armor, Felucia- Camo type armor, and Kashyyyk- Regular Armor. Tell me what you guys think.

EDIT: Just checked out IGN and they have a bunch of images of all the people you can play as, here is a list of all of the people that are in the images.....

Tarful
Obi-Won
Bobba Fett
Princess Leia
Mace Windu
Yoda
General Greivious
Darth Vader
Luke Skywalker
Count Dooku
Darth Maul
Anakin Skywalker (good)
Anakin Skywalker (evil)
Han Solo
Jango Fett

Also there were 2 more Jedi's but I don't know there names, one had a really big forehead and the other had 2 tail like things on the back of her head.

Posted by GreyFox36

Just went to http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1797 and they have a couple of cool new videos. The ones that I think were the coolest were Felucia, Kashyyyk, and Coruscant. In the Kashyyyk video, you can see a BARC speeder, and at the end of the video, a wookie. (Forgot his name, it was one of the leader wookies.) Also Felucia looked like it would be a pretty good map. And as I was watching some of these videos, it looked like the clone troopers changed with the enviroment, for example, Hoth- Snow type armor, Felucia- Camo type armor, and Kashyyyk- Regular Armor. Tell me what you guys think.

EDIT: Just checked out IGN and they have a bunch of images of all the people you can play as, here is a list of all of the people that are in the images.....

Tarful
Obi-Won
Bobba Fett
Princess Leia
Mace Windu
Yoda
General Greivious
Darth Vader
Luke Skywalker
Count Dooku
Darth Maul
Anakin Skywalker (good)
Anakin Skywalker (evil)
Han Solo
Jango Fett

Also there were 2 more Jedi's but I don't know there names, one had a really big forehead and the other had 2 tail like things on the back of her head.

EDIT 2: KICK A$$ VIDEO
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8092&type=wmv

Posted by spork

I think putting jedi is this game is a contradiction to the last game when they said the game was suppose to be like youre a grunt foot soldier in the memorable battles, not a jedi :((( Im still gonna buy it hahahahah

Posted by GreyFox36

OK I just got done playing this game, and it was aweseome! I highly recommend this game, a great story line, great graphics, and awesome online play.

Posted by nich

How does this game compare to the last?

Posted by KMFDM

I think its a bet better than the last game. I like the game play, and the AI can get really hard to beat in some parts. I also like the only play.

Posted by GreyFox36

Well compared to the last game, I think that this game is MUCH better than the last, although when you get a lot of poeple (in my case over 20) in a game online then it can cause a lot of lag, I went into a game that had 28 people and it was hoth, I was lagging all over the place, first I would be in a ship, then I would be over by the AT-AT, so if you play online, try to find games with less than 20 people, that game was lagging so much I couldnt even pause the game, I had to turn off my X-Box, (And yes I know this is on the PS2 Forum).

Posted by shadowassultOWNED

see, this is why i subscribe to PSM ahhhh

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I think that this game is MUCH better than the last

I've been hearing different. Have'nt had a chance to play it, mind you.

Posted by Random

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is far superior to the First one. It's a lot longer gameplay and actually has a good storyline. I just finished up the Storyline on the 501st. It's really awesome, i've been playing it for xbox. I know this is a ps2 forum but I figured all information on the game was welcome. It also seems to be a huge selling game. Being a Jedi is kewl but it sure as hell a good thing that you have a time limit to be a Jedi.

Can't wait to try it online!!

Posted by Deuzious

This game is awesome, much better graphics. One thing i like that made a big difference in gameplay is where you get shot. If you get shot in the chest, it does more damage then if you get shot in, say the foot. Jedi's do have a time limit, but the more enemies you kill with it, the more tiem you get.

Posted by Random

Hey I don't know if anyone will read this buy friday or saturday (11/25 or 11/26), however Kmart stores across the nation are having sales, and one of the games on Sale is Star Wars Battlefront II. I forget the price but it was something like 12.99 for the game. It's a two day sale. Can't say I saw a price difference for the Xbox/PSP version, but I did manage to find the price difference for the PS2. So check it out if you care to purchase this game. Save yourself some cash.

Posted by Echo

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Hey I don't know if anyone will read this buy friday or saturday (11/25 or 11/26), however Kmart stores across the nation are having sales, and one of the games on Sale is Star Wars Battlefront II. I forget the price but it was something like 12.99 for the game. It's a two day sale. Can't say I saw a price difference for the Xbox/PSP version, but I did manage to find the price difference for the PS2. So check it out if you care to purchase this game. Save yourself some cash.

http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=128386&Ne=1038&N=1780&Nty=1&categoryId=1780&pCategoryId=1038&gpCategoryId=89&nomerch=1

Battlefront 1, not 2. Still saving $7, if you don't already have it.

Posted by Random

No No it's 2.. I have the sales add right here. Plus I put out the game tonight.