Why do people like anime?

Posted by Kopaka

I'm terribly sorry for sharing MY OPINION. But thanks for the de-rep, anyway. *****es.

Posted by Axis

Prepare to get alot of negative rep.

Anyways, I'm not a big fan of it.

Posted by The Judge

[Judged] The drawings can be excellent, it just depends on the artist.

The same goes for the voice acting, story line, action, and so forth. It all depends on what the tone of the anime is supposed to be.

Example would be Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. It was meant to be a serious anime. The drawings were fantastic, and the action was great. The story line was serious and the voices were appropriate. The music was wonderful. Now take something like Azumanga: That is an anime that isn't supposed to be drawn well nor is it supposed to be serious. It's just supposed to be comedy.

Obviously, low cost production animes like Dragon Ball Z are meant to be stupid and just packed with stupid action the kids will eat up like candy because they want more money. Hellsing, instead, was meant to be an action trip, and was loosley based on the Manga. It was very well drawn and the voices were rather good. The soundtrack was pretty nice too.

Take the new show, Samurai Champloo. It's drawn well, voiced well, good music, and good action.

I think you are just basing these all-encompassing opinions off some stupid crappy animes you have seen before. Perhaps you should watch a larger scale of anime before you make such a stupid argument.

And the Judge hath commented on thine post. [/Judged]

Posted by Pit

Hey Kopaka, you're obviously watching bull**** anime from Cartoon Network. Saying all anime is childish is like saying all cartoons are childish, yet, there are some serious cartoons or cartoons meant for adults. Same as anime, some anime has serious situations and are really good.

I think you just judges all anime solely based on WB11 saturday morning, the Fox 5 anime, and cartoon network anime. If you want real anime, you have to look for it yourself or buy it.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting The Judge: Perhaps you should watch a larger scale of anime before you make such a stupid argument.
[/Judged]

I really doubt he's gonna watch more of something he hates. ;)

Honestly, I'm sorta with him. Not for the same reasons, but I really cannot stand what I've seen either. However, that's limited to whatever has been on adult swim and Spirited Away, all of which have... sucked. Majorly.

Posted by Kopaka

This is my second post. Enjoy.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]- It is extremely stupid and childish.

How so? Have you watched Evangelion? Have you watched Samurai X? Have you ever even seen original, unedited subtitled anime?

[quote]- The voices are all annoying (girls: high pitched and annoying "I'm an annoying ***** so please date me" voices. guys: low (sometimes too high, too), scratchy "I am better than all you put together times infinite" voices.

You are once again referring to american voice actors I assume. They are indeed terrible. If, however, you're referring to the japanese seiyuus, then you're very stupid indeed. most females in Japan talks that way.

[quote]- They scream alot.

Would it be terribly interesting if they spoke normally 24/7? It's entirely circumstantial.

[quote]- Too tweenie, flirty and raging hormonesy

Hi real life thanks.

[quote]- The mouths are WAYYY off from what they are saying.

Why do you think that is? I'll tell you. After your selfish capitalist country dropped a pair of explosives on Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a "simple" solution to end WWII, you know what happened? The land died. The people became sick. Japan was crippled. There was a depression that lasted well over thirty years. Everybody lost their jobs through one way or another. There was no japanese economy thanks to self-centred american efforts. Do you think they could afford good animation once they decided to create the whole anime scene after lifting ideas from the well-funded american originals? No. Don't be so **** idiotic. And as you're bound to be referring to the western voice actors again, your country's too **** thick and lazy to edit the animation when they dub it with the most pathetic of efforts.

[quote]- And many, many, many more...

If you have such good, relevant reasons for thinking these things, please enlighten us further, please.

[quote]It seems that anime is aimed toward dislexic kids (and sometimes adults) with extreme cases of ADD.

ADD? What? All different kinds of animes are aimed towards different age groups. For christ's sake, I could easily say that TV's aimed for three-year-old children just by looking at programmes like Bob The Builder. Oh, and it's spelt "dyslexic", you stupid c[color=3][/color]unt. Yes. With a y. And as dyslexia is a spelling disorder among other things, you've just dug yourself a pretty ****ing deep hole.

[quote] I just... HATE anime. Oh, I just want to dew sewiside when animes come on TV. Inyuyasha is gay, too.

...Sewiside. How amusing and witty of you. And besides, I don't really see how InuYasha (despite being a terrible anime) is homosexual in any way, shape or form.

[quote]Comment on this post.

You're a pathetic individual.

addendum:

[quote]I suppose you are correct. Any suggestions on any serious/mature anime shows? I guess I have stereotyped anime according to the saturday morning/friday night anime cartoons... I might go out and buy a real anime series if you have any suggestions.

I like the way that you've suddenly swung your opinion around simply because you've been told to. If you entered a proper debate, you'd break down in tears and join the opposition, you pathetic cow. And as for your initial post's edit, I've never seen anything that reeks more strongly of "please don't de-rep me, please!"

Posted by brownoystercult

I suppose you could give Hellsing a try. But seriously, most anime have childish-like features such as: Dropping jaws, humongous heads, bulging eyes, sweatdrops on the back of their head, e.t.c. Vampire D. Hunter, is also a great anime. All in all, it depends on what kind of animation style your into.

Quoting Kopaka: I suppose you are correct. Any suggestions on any serious/mature anime shows? I guess I have stereotyped anime according to the saturday morning/friday night anime cartoons... I might go out and buy a real anime series if you have any suggestions.

Yet, it seems like you only said that because your so overly cautious of your reputation. You edited your first post, and noted that you didn't want to get de-repped.

"Hate" is a very strong word. If you hate something, I'm sure that you'll never like it again.

Posted by Klarth

And flip-flopping opinions is pretty **** pathetic. I've already stated this, but you'd fail at any kind of parliamentary debate right off the bat. We're honestly not stupid enough to believe that you'll suddenly change your mind about something like this and ask for recommendations for something you hate. You're not about to go out and spend money on anime if you've just made a thread about how much you hate it.

Not everybody is as naive as you.

Posted by Sable Wind

HELLSING plz. EVANGELION plz.

Posted by Kopaka

Actually, you guys made some great points that I never really thought about. I'm sorry for agreeing with you, and I am also very sorry for trying to enjoy anime. I have yet again failed to try to enjoy this anime crap.

Ah, well. I love video games! Games are better than anime. And you really do love flaming other people, don't you, Jack?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Kopaka: I just want to know why people are interested in it. I hate anime, and I will tell you why:
Please, let us explore your facist bullshit. Now, we embark on a voyage across seas of the piss you leaked all over yourself...

[quote]- It is extremely stupid and childish.
I don't think Witch Hunter Robin is very childish, moreso with the message it conveys. But this is an opinion so I won't get worked up just yet, no...

[quote]- The voices are all annoying (girls: high pitched and annoying "I'm an annoying ***** so please date me" voices. guys: low (sometimes too high, too), scratchy "I am better than all you put together times infinite" voices.
Way to fucking judge. That's like saying every sci-fi movie character sounds like those of Star Wars.

[quote]- They scream alot.
Same with action movies. And soap operas. And "regular cartoons". And Epic films. And EVERTHING ELSE.

[quote]- Too tweenie, flirty and raging hormonesy
Kinda like you, aye?

[quote]- Retarted stories
Every single genre of anything has "retarded stories", you retard.

[quote]- The mouths are WAYYY off from what they are saying.
English dubbing, maybe?

[quote]- And many, many, many more...
Do enlighten me.

[quote]It seems that anime is aimed toward dislexic kids (and sometimes adults) with extreme cases of ADD. I just... [COLOR=Red]HATE[/COLOR] anime. Oh, I just want to dew sewiside when animes come on TV. Inyuyasha is gay, too.

Yeah, way to fucking convince me. I have a mild case of dyslexia and I can actually spell the word, you chickenshit. Your arguement is shit and so is your opinion you facist.

And ironicly, I'm not a major fan of any anime other than Witch Hunter Robin.

[quote]EDIT: [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue](Read my other post before you de-rep me)[/COLOR]

You still suck balls. Sorry!!

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Kopaka: Actually, you guys made some great points that I never really thought about. I'm sorry for agreeing with you, and I am also very sorry for trying to enjoy anime. I have yet again failed to try to enjoy this anime crap.

Ah, well. I love video games! Games are better than anime. And you really do love flaming other people, don't you, Jack?

Out of curiousity, what Anime have you watched, have you tried Samurai X, Evangelion, Hellsing, or original Japanese version of DBZ?

If you do and you still think Anime is childish, then you're an idiot and I'm not just saying that to flame, those are action packed with very mature themes.

Hell, just within Evangelion, you have sexuality, religion, love, death, life, rebirth, faith and views of the acopocalyse, does that sound childish?

Posted by The Judge

Recommendations:

FLCL, Hellsing, Wolf's Rain, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Record of the Lotus Wars (Not really), Samurai X, Kenshin, and Samurai Champloo. All good.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I think we can all agree that Anime is awesome because of the uber hawt anime girls that wear skimpy, slutty clothes even though they are all clearly eleven years old.

That reason, and that reason only is why anime is so popular.

Also, everything Judge said in his first post.

Posted by Iris

Most of the popular ones on channels like Cartoon Network suck and are predictable, but certainly not all.

Perhaps it's the North American drawn cartoons that use Japanese drawing styles that ruin it for all anime.

Posted by The Judge

Example Samurai Jack.

Posted by Iris

Leave it to Americans to try and draw Japanese.

Edit: Lawl. Is that an anime drawing in your signature, Kopaka? :eek:

Quoted post: Edit: Lawl. Is that an anime drawing in your signature, Kopaka?

Video game character from Bloody Roar.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Myself, I like the overall design of Japanese art. The exaggerated expression of emotions is very different from American wild-takes and such that we see in Warner Brothers cartoons, for example. I'm as big a fan as anyone of old-school WB cartoons and such, but I like anime more.

The animation in anime tends to be more smooth, I've noticed, as well. They skimp on frames for character speech, it's true, but there seem to be more frames of animation for action, which is more important, in my opinion.

I'm a fan of the culture, too. The traditions, cliches, and character quirks in anime fascinate me. It's not for everyone, but I just love it when it cuts to a character sneezing when other characters were just talking about them in another room, or when a guy gets a nosebleed from seeing the female characters nekkid. Little things like that.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

RahXephon, Evangelion, Hellsing, Phantom BoogiePop, Evangelion, Samurai X, Samurai Champloo. ***, stop watching ****.

Posted by Iris

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: RahXephon, Evangelion, Hellsing, Phantom BoogiePop, Evangelion, Samurai X, Samurai Champloo. ***, stop watching ****.

Evangelion must be really good to have mentioned it twice. :D

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Oh it ****ing is ;)

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Kopaka]Actually, you guys made some great points that I never really thought about. I'm sorry for agreeing with you, and I am also very sorry for trying to enjoy anime. I have yet again failed to try to enjoy this anime crap.

Then why bother? If you've failed to enjoy it in the past to the extent that you've made a thread about how much you hate it, you shouldn't really be swayed that easily.

[quote]Ah, well. I love video games! Games are better than anime.

Matter of opinion. Believe what you like, I won't stop you.

[quote]And you really do love flaming other people, don't you, Jack?

who the hell

Posted by Kopaka

Quoting Majesty:

who the hell

You the hell.

Posted by Shade

Quoting The Judge: Recommendations:

FLCL, Hellsing, Wolf's Rain, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Record of the Lotus Wars (Not really), Samurai X, Kenshin, and Samurai Champloo. All good.

Also, Witch Hunter Robin, and the subbed Full Metal Alchemist.

By the way, why are you guys all naming action? I demand recognition for Love Hina, plz. :rock:

Posted by Klarth

[quote]You the hell.

Er, I think it's somewhat perturbing when someone I don't know or care about calls me by name. Please explain. and you're a ****ing idiot nonetheless.

Posted by Shade

Hi Jack. :)

Quoted post: Also, Witch Hunter Robin

Complete crap. IMO anyways. I don't like the drawing style personally, to bland. Also the characters are rather boring/trite.

Posted by Klarth

http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=68152&postcount=6

hello mister kopaka
any other posts you completely changed to preserve what little dignity you have left

Quoting Kopaka: Anime is splendid! I enjoy it alot.

EDIT: Why did all of you people de-rep me for no reason?

Get off of my internet.

Posted by Shade

Why does he care about getting de-repped?

Anime.

Posted by Kopaka

When did I say I care? I don't recall saying that I care about getting repped/de-repped. I just don't know why people would de-rep me just for sharing MY opinion. Come on... it's my own opinion. It shouldn't mean shit to you people.

Actually, my original question was "Why do people like anime?", not "OMG I HAT ANIMAY PLZ DE-REP M3!!!!!11".

But anyways... meh.

Quoted post: I just don't know why people would de-rep me just for sharing MY opinion. Come on... it's my own opinion. It shouldn't mean **** to you people.

Who was it that said "You can't disagree with facts"? Or something like that (Someone on this forum)

Posted by Prince Shondronai

If it shouldn't mean shit to anime fans, why even mention it on their board?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro: Who was it that said "You can't disagree with facts"? Or something like that (Someone on this forum)

That was Iris. Yeah, wait, okay, yeah.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Kopaka: I just don't know why people would de-rep me just for sharing MY opinion. Come on... it's my own opinion. It shouldn't mean shit to you people.

When your opinion is that anime is for people with "dislexeya and adult with ADD" I think that might piss some people off. Like those who have dyslexia. You fucking peice of shit.

Posted by Kopaka

Quoting Prince Shondronai: If it shouldn't mean shit to anime fans, why even mention it on their board?

I posted this on off topic and it was moved.

Wow, my first post was raped! That's awesome.

And I can't believe you people didn't even understand the joke. I mean, when I misspelled dyslexia. Becasue that's what most dyslexic people do. It's like when you make fun of a noob you act like him to show how... noobish they are being.

But I still think anime is crap. I don't care how "Mature" or whatever it is. I'll go for my movies and games anyday.

And the reason this topic was created is because I was bored. This topic is mildly interesting... just watching all of the anime fans set up flame posts to defend their beloved cartoons.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Kopaka:

And you're proud of that?

[quote]And I can't believe you people didn't even understand the joke. I mean, when I misspelled dyslexia. Becasue that's what most dyslexic people do. It's like when you make fun of a noob you act like him to show how... noobish they are being.

1. I don't believe you, you are trying to cover up for an embarrasing(sp?) error.
2. If you were making a joke, that you are the biggest piece of shit on the face of the planet.

[quote]But I still think anime is crap. I don't care how "Mature" or whatever it is. I'll go for my movies and games anyday.

Your posts say otherwise, you spineless worm.

[quote]And the reason this topic was created is because I was bored. This topic is mildly interesting... just watching all of the anime fans set up flame posts to defend their beloved cartoons.

No, the reason you are getting flamed is because you're an idiot.

You are the weakest link, goodbye!

Posted by William

Some anime shows may seem childish, but those are normally shown on Cartoon Network. Not saying that all of them are childish by the way. Some of them are. However, try watching some animes that are not shown on Cartoon Network. Some of them are for mature audiences, so I doubt they're childish.

For example: Try watching Hellsing. Foul language, violence, and blood galore.

Also, "Why do people like anime?"?

Why do you play video games? Why do you like certain movies? Why do you like the music that you listen to?

Because - You enjoy it. What people watch and listen to is based upon their preferences. Some people enjoy anime. Some people do not. Some people like rap. Some people don't. *shrugs*

I watch anime because it's ENJOYABLE, and DIFFERENT than most other stuff on television today. There are also many themes in each episode that make me reflect upon my own life.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Kopaka: I posted this on off topic and it was moved.

And I can't believe you people didn't even understand the joke. I mean, when I misspelled dyslexia. Becasue that's what most dyslexic people do. It's like when you make fun of a noob you act like him to show how... noobish they are being.

But I still think anime is crap. I don't care how "Mature" or whatever it is. I'll go for my movies and games anyday.

And the reason this topic was created is because I was bored. This topic is mildly interesting... just watching all of the anime fans set up flame posts to defend their beloved cartoons.

Your first post was retarded

What joke? Jokes can usually be grasped. That was just a pathetic attempt to do... whatever the hell you actually tried to do.

Anime is crap, then you love anime, and now its crap again? Then you ask for a recommendation?

You were bored? Why is this topic even close to interesting? You made yourself look like an idiot. If thats amusing huh, then more power to you. Also, its not us defending cartoons, its just that pointing out your stupidity is also fun, and you made it rather easy as well. Your arguments against anime were real poor. kstfuplz

Shade, some of those lines were pretty **** crappy.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Kopaka: I posted this on off topic and it was moved.

Bah, now you're just being an ***, it sounds as if you don't even give Anime a chance and think that there 'just' cartoons like Looney Tunes and you've outgrown them.

Plus, before you edited your post, you didn't just state your opinion, you asked for reasons why people liked Anime and we gave them to you, it's just **** tuff if you didn't like them.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Kopaka]And I can't believe you people didn't even understand the joke. I mean, when I misspelled dyslexia. Becasue that's what most dyslexic people do. It's like when you make fun of a noob you act like him to show how... noobish they are being.
Why don't you have a nice SHUT THE FUCK UP. I have dyslexia and I can spell my own disorder better than you. I'm sick of your stereotypes. Catch my drift? i'm tired of your shit: But I still think anime is crap. I don't care how "Mature" or whatever it is. I'll go for my movies and games anyday.
Which are also crap..?

[quote]And the reason this topic was created is because I was bored. This topic is mildly interesting... just watching all of the anime fans set up flame posts to defend their beloved cartoons.

Oh, right. SURE MAN, you were just SOOO BORED and thought it would be bundles of fun to dig your own grave and be shot down into it.

I totally believe that crap. I'm gullible. Idiot.

Posted by The Judge

I have an idea. Do you think racism/sexism is wrong? Well if you do, perhaps you should realize that these things are based upon the fact that racists and sexists fully believe in stupid, false stereotypes set up by former racists/sexists.

Now if you think those two are wrong, then you should probably pull yourself out of the idiot barrel you're currently in, because sticking to your lame *ssed stereotypes about anime is just as retarded as being racist/sexist.

I don't profess to be an anime nut. In fact, I rarely watch the stuff. But unlike you, I can appreciate all forms of artwork, entertainment, music, and lifestyles. While I may not like them, I have an open mind about them. You, on the other hand, are a closed-minded dolt. Now never call me a anime fan boy again, you twit. I don't have to be one to defend it.

It's funny because everytime you edit your post from trying to get de-repped, the edited post is worse than what it was before.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Maybe it's because if you take the time to actually look into some of the shows not on CN, yeah the ones you can only get through a special channel or by ordering/downloading, then you may find that most of them aren't kiddy. Anime has a wide genre range. Depending on your genre taste there is at least one anime one should be able to find that goes with thier likings. The art is fantastic. There isn't amc of these little people with short arms and legs and a triangle or circle for a nose. Anime art actually puts a lot of detail into their animations making them look great. Most plots are excelent if you take the time to watch a few eps of a series so for me, it's virtually impossable for me to get bored of one unless the choice of anime doesn't fit my genre taste. For action anime, they always bring out good fight scenes. There is none of this "oh look at my sharp sword and lets pretend to hit each other for five seconds and then go home." No, the action is done quite well. And for those of you that like the music, yeah that also fits in too.

Posted by wallstreetstrangler

i wanted to kill myself after watching one episode of love hina. absolutely terrible.

i'm going to check out initial d and nge though - i'm sure i'll get more into those.

Posted by Inuyasha

You might be suprised on some shows like Inuyasha or Code Geass.

Posted by recsin

Everyone like anime because its likable and I am a big fan of anime.
These are full of entertainment. My favorite animes are Bleach, Naruto and King of the Hill.

Posted by Ant

oh yeah, king of the hill. best anime out there.

Posted by Shin-Ra

It's almost as if bots are capable of trolling.

Posted by Poco

holy ****. read this thread. saw good posters actually defending anime. thought somethin was up. saw post dates.

Posted by Speedfreak

Hey, you know, just because 99% of any given medium is pure rotten garbage doesn't mean there can't be something good out there.

Otherwise you might as well start hating all TV shows, all movies, all music and pretty much every product of the human mind since the beginning of history.

Posted by rainnadi

i like anime show due to several reasons.
good actions
make a fun
etc.