Sonic Gems Collection and Sonic Rush

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Two Sonic games are coming out... Sonic Gems Collection and Sonic Rush. Sonic Rush will be for the Nintendo DS. And Sonic Gems Collection is exclusive to the Gamecube. Unless you live in Europe, which it is for PS2 and GCN. There is also another one for the Xbox 360, but it is only a clip of Sonic running through a realistic version of Green Hill. That's all the details I found for the Sonic for the 360. For Sonic Gems Collection, here are the games on it:

Sonic the Fighters (Arcade)
Sonic CD (Sega CD)
Sonic R (Sega Saturn)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear)
Sonic Spinball (Game Gear)
Sonic and Tails 2 (Game Gear)
Sonic Drift 2 (Game Gear)
Tails Sky Patrol (Game Gear)
Tails Adventure (Game Gear)

I don't know if the Genesis games will be on it, but I know these games will be on the collection.For Sonic Rush, there will be a new character, Blaze the Cat.

Quoting Gamespot: The Sonic the Hedgehog series has gone all over the place since games went 3D. Sonic Adventure sort of took the game away from its high-speed roots, though Sonic Heroes certainly delivered its own take on Sonic's fast-moving antics. But still, there's something to be said for the classics. Sonic Rush appears to be on that classic track, delivering the high-speed side-scrolling 2D that the early games in the series is known for. But by taking advantage of the Nintendo DS's dual screens, Sonic Rush is definitely a new spin on an old favorite.
Well, that's all I got.[/FONT]

Posted by Linko_16

Sonic R? That'll about finish up all the Sonic games I ever wished I could play, but were out of my reach.

But, still no Knuckles Chaotix? Shame, shame.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

I'm looking forward to the Gems Collection. Sonic Rush sounds interesting too.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Linko_16: But, still no Knuckles Chaotix? Shame, shame.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
Word...:(
[/COLOR]

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

I'll keep trying to find information, and I'll update as much as possible. For Knuckles Chaotix, I have no idea if that's in there.

UPDATE: In Gems Collection, there is around 5 locked games, the ones listed above are unlocked. There is a Sonic Museum, where you can watch tons of Sonic Movies and see Sonic Pictures. Information on Gems Collection being on the Xbox is still unknown, it would stink to see Microsoft missing some Sonic Love! Found no more info on Sonic Rush...

Posted by Linko_16

Hope Knuckles Chaotix is unlockable. It's as good as any other old-school Sonic game... and, let's face it, they're all pretty much the same.

Posted by Arczu

I haven't played Chaotix, but it sounds like a good one.

Wait... a clip of Sonic running through a 3-D version of Green Hill... I hope they didn't copy/paste that from SA2

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Me neither...but I have something you've guys have been waiting for...

UPDATE: Here's some screen shots for the Sonic on 360. Please excuse the bad quality. At least it's better than nothing!

[IMG]http://www.sonicstadium.org/games/nextgen/screens/e3_20.jpg[/IMG]
guess it's a robot...

[IMG]http://www.sonicstadium.org/games/nextgen/screens/e3_53.jpg[/IMG]
Super Sonic!!

[IMG]http://www.sonicstadium.org/games/nextgen/screens/e3_31.jpg[/IMG]
Guess Sonic's running through a forest... still no realistic Green Hill...

[IMG]http://www.sonicstadium.org/games/nextgen/screens/e3_14.jpg[/IMG]
Is he running beside the Tornado 2???

[IMG]http://www.sonicstadium.org/games/nextgen/screens/e3_01.jpg[/IMG]
A chaos emerald!!!

Well, that's all for the 360. For Sonic Rush,

[IMG]http://www.sonicstadium.org/games/rush/artwork/001.jpg[/IMG]
Must be Blaze the cat with Sonic.

Which leaves just a few questions; mostly concerning that purple character that's posing next to Sonic. Well, we can reveal that her name is Blaze. Blaze the Cat. Blaze is the queen of another world, and protector of the "Sol Emeralds". Much like the Chaos Emeralds, these Sol Emeralds are quite the dangerous tool if in the wrong hands. She's also a bit nippy on the old legs, assumedly.

So what gives on the storyline? Well, Sonic and Blaze meet through a dimensional paradox that somehow collides Blaze's parallel universe with Sonic's own. Hedgehog and Cat (kind of an odd combination... but then what the hell, we've had a hedgehog and a fox for 13 years!) join forces to retrieve the Sol Emeralds before anyone else gets to them... presumably someone who happens to don a peculiar orange moustache...

Sonic Rush takes a nice and simple route regarding character control. At present, only Sonic and Blaze have been confirmed as playable characters. This is a somewhat refreshing move by Sonic Team; we were getting worried that every single Sonic game would have to have Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Espio, Cream and their mothers all join in on the action. Given how Sonic Team love characters so much (especially making new ones), we have to say we're quite glad that the focus is solely on two characters (and undoubtedly, Eggman). Let Sonic be the star of the show for once. Having said that, Sonic Adventure 2's early trailers merely played out Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman as potential playable characters, and then look what happened. Keep it simple, Yuji, we'll love you for it.

All in all, we're quite chuffed and, shall we say, excited about this one, despite the touch-ups required for the graphics. The touch screen will apparently be used for play, although how this will work out is yet to be seen. We do know that Naka-san specified that a part of the E3 2004 Technical Demo (remember, the one where you're rubbing the bottom screen to make Sonic run faster) will be incorporated into Sonic Rush, so perhaps we will be seeing this in a Special Stage of some kind. A brand new Sonic adventure, using touch screen, double-screened, lush backdrops and scenery, and only two characters? Slap us up some of that classic innovative design we've been missing for oh so long, Yuji and co, and you'll have us biting.

I retrieved this info from Sonic Stadium.org. The info was too big for the Quote Box, so I just posted it here, and say I got the info from Sonic Stadium.

No new info on Sonic Gems Collection. So I'll finish saying that this took quite a while. Thanks to all the people who read this!

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Um...yeah. Sorry about that, guess I wasn't thinking about what I was doing... so no screenshots. But I'll still post info up, I repost what was already up. I'll pay more attention next time...

RE-UPDATE: For the Shadow the Hedgehog game, some people say that Shadow isn't the only playable character, but I don't know. I can't imagine Tails or Amy with a handgun. Well, Amy maybe to get Sonic to date her. For Sonic 360, here's some info about the realistic Green Hill:

Quoting IGN commentry: "A SEGA montage wouldn't be complete without everyone's favorite blue mascot. The final segment of the video displayed Sonic the Hedgehog running at full speed down a grassy path. The foliage surrounding Sonic was clearly next-gen material, but it was hard to tell at times because he was moving at an incredible rate. I'd like to imagine that Sonic was moving through a realistic version of Green Hill Zone.

For Sonic Rush, here's some information... all from Gamespot...

Quoting Gamespot: Sonic Rush puts you in the roles of Sonic the Hedgehog and Blaze the Cat as they run real fast and attempt to recover the sol emeralds. Blaze isn't playable in the short demo being shown at E3, but she'll have her own separate adventure that, of course, often crosses paths with Sonic's. The E3 demo of Sonic Rush contains one level and one boss fight. The level is designed with the same sort of grassy, hilly terrain you've come to expect from the first world of a Sonic game. The gameplay hasn't changed all that much, so you're still running as fast as you possibly can, occasionally rolling up into a ball to jack up your enemies by either blasting right through them or jumping on their heads. The game lets you bust out a double jump by hitting the right trigger when in midair, which lets you clear longer gaps. You can also execute the standard Sonic spindash by holding down and hitting the jump button. Another new feature is a meter that lives on the left side of the screen. When it's full, you can activate a rush mode that effectively makes you unstoppable for a brief period of time. The game uses the two screens of the DS to give you a taller view of the action. You'll be jumping up to get to platforms on the upper screen and falling down to move down below numerous times in each level. This is a pretty cool use of the screens, which really makes the game feel larger and more frantic. The boss fight we saw in the brief demo at E3 takes place on one screen, and it takes on a more polygonal look. Sonic is limited to a small platform in this fight, which pits him against a large, hammerheaded snakelike creature. The polygonal snake moves around in the background, sizing you up for his eventual attack, which is an attempt to crush poor Sonic with his big hammerhead. It's your job to get the heck out of the way and then jump on top of the head to damage the boss. When you do this three times, the game cuts to some quick alternate camera angles of the final strike. The whole game has a pretty cool look to it and makes good use of polygons in both the Sonic player model and the boss character. In addition, the game doesn't seem to use the touch screen at all, but we wouldn't be surprised if the final version of the game ended up including some sort of stylus support. That final version is currently scheduled to be available for the Nintendo DS this fall.

That's all for Sonic Rush, but for Sonic Gems Collection...still no info.

To see the logo of the Shadow the Hedgehog game, go [URL=http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5812]here.[/URL]
[URL=http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5810]To see the logo for Sonic Gems Collection, go here.[/URL]

I'd like to say sorry to everyone at Sonic Stadium, I'll be more carefull next time.

Posted by Raptor

Now that I know Sonic Drift 2 is on this collection, I am going to be all over it. I have very fond memories of playing this game on my Game Gear under my blankets late at night, well past my bedtime. It was such a heart-warming ritual to look forward to every day.

I hope Sonic Chaos is on there, as well.

Posted by Prince Redon

I wish I still had my Game Gear...

Posted by Jo-Jo-The-Hedgie

I dont want those games the games i want Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic riders