how do you change your username?

Posted by Gannon

Im kinda getting bored of "Gannon" (with Ganon mispelled) but i dont want to loose the little rep i have. That is if you even can change it.

Posted by Klarth

You don't. Simple as that.

Posted by Jesse Smith

You register a new name. You only made 4 posts, there 4 it won't be 2 hard 2 make 4 more and get da rep back!

Posted by Ayumu Yumi

I could make a username changing hack for vB3.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Trust me, the mods don't want every one changing there name every week!!!!

Posted by Ayumu Yumi

Lol, I know what thats like, but you could set it so they can change it only like, every 3 months or something ( or whatever you think is appropriate ) and have it log the change, well it's just an idea to cut down on the dead accounts taking up space in the database.

Posted by Leon S Kennedy

Simply there was once a thread about the topic Username changing. But slightly after the place got hacked every post with it disapered.

The only way you'd be able to Aquire a new Username is to request one of JS or make a new account. And knowing JS he won't do that so its your lost!

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Leon S Kennedy: Simply there was once a thread about the topic Username changing. But slightly after the place got hacked every post with it disapered.

The only way you'd be able to Aquire a new Username is to request one of JS or make a new account. And knowing JS he won't do that so its your lost!

This is why I think VGC needs another administrator, someone who will do the stuff that Jesse won't. If he wants to, he could make someone a Jr Admin even. IF this would happen, I would probably want Admiral Anthrax for the job.

Posted by Prince Redon

Actually Jesse pays for the site, so he doesn't have to make anyone an admin...Besides, most people would go power mad, and expect a lot of rep and respect just because of their position of power..."Power tends to corrupt, Absolute power corrupts ultimately." True in most all situations!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Protoman: This is why I think VGC needs another administrator, someone who will do the stuff that Jesse won't.

I never said I won't change usernames. I allow usernames way more than the mods want them allowed!!! They have a spas attacks when ever I allow them!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I think Real One Bjarni should be a second Admin. :D:D:D

Posted by sabre

I think an approval system would work well for namechanges, much like the one in effect with blogs.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Sabredog]Thing about that is, any dim sod could use it. Plus, we don't need another hack[EDIT:, not to mention this way doesn't keep up the supply and demand you'd get with approval. You may get a namechange several months after you request it if it were to work like that].

Posted by Jesse Smith

Last time I asked, da messed up mods didn't want da store hack!!!!!

Posted by Shade

And neither do I. It's bad enough at GO.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Shade32: And neither do I. It's bad enough at GO.

What the heck are you talking about? The store hack hasn't been working since Hyper did those server updates about a month ago.

Posted by Leon S Kennedy

Quoting Jesse Smith: I never said I won't change usernames. I allow usernames way more than the mods want them allowed!!! They have a spas attacks when ever I allow them!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I think Real One Bjarni should be a second Admin. :D:D:D

Dose that THING still exsist?

Yeah, it would be a good idea for a new/jr admin. But then, we'd need someone really worthy of it, and someone who wouldn't one day get boried of VGC and hack the place.

Posted by sabre

Jesse's not getting an assistant admin any time in the next 500 years. It's the way he is - get used to it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

:::Jesse's not getting an assistant admin any time in the next 500 years. It's the way he is - get used to it.

What???!! I though u wanted 2 b an Admin???!! I really wanted 2 have u as an admin!!! I'm crushed!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Arczu

"Crushed" my foot...

I mean come on. A Jr. Admin is a good idea, but seeing all the random heck that goes on here, I can't picture it happening. If anything, some name out of nowhere will be made admin or something.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Arczu]