Which next-gen console will you buy first?

Posted by brownoystercult

so, which next gen console will you buy first? the sony playstation three, xbox 360, or the nintendo revolution?

for me, its the playstation three without a doubt.

Posted by Ch

Me too. PlayStation 3 looks more appealing to me. Then I'd buy Revolution.

Posted by Morag2

Revolution for me, I can't afford 2 and I can't do without my Nintendo classics.

Posted by Boner

I may never own an XBOX of any kind. But, I am a fan of both Nintendo and Sony. I still think I'll end up with a PS3 first.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Definitely PS3. I've always gotten the Sony consoles first, anyhow.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Seeing as how the 360 is coming out four (three, five whatever) months before the rest, I guess I'll have to say the 360. I'll be getting all three (from what I see now anyways), so it really doesn't matter.

However, if I could only get one within the next year and a bit, it'd have to be the Rev. I just can't pass up on Link, Samus, Mario and SSB WiFi.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Revolution, of course. Unless Panzer Dragoon and Shenmue III launch with X-box 360, which is so unlikely, it's not even worth mentioning...but I did.

Posted by crimsoncinder

PS3. I hate the new nintendo stuff and Xbox is dissapointing

Posted by Dexter

That depends on a few things, such as what comes out first and what games are available. Revolutions, most likely.

Posted by Bebop

Revolution becuase of online Smash Bros at launch

Posted by Axis

360 for me. I'm interested in all the stuff that it can do and all my friends are getting one. I'm also glad that they have Xbox Live from the start, that way all my friends and I can play on the new system at launch.

Posted by Pit

Not the PS3 because it's gonna be $465 (US currency) in Japan. Once it hits the states it'll probably be higher.

Quoted post: Once it hits the states it'll probably be higher.

Lower. Japan loves gouging consumers. It could very well be that high, but we are talking about Japan, so that price could go down a bit.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I'm getting Revolution first mainly for my all time favorite game, the new Smash Melee. With the new online play I'm planning to fight a crap load of people on the net.:cool:

Posted by Ant

Revolution because it has all the games on there that I have come to enjoy my entire life.

Posted by Fate

To me, it only depends on launch titles for the "first to buy" area. However, had I the option to choose, I would choose the PS3 because of MGS4. Killzone is certainly looking awesome, too.

Posted by Klarth

Revolution, because I don't really plan to buy the others. if circumstances change, I'd prolly go for the 360 next. I really don't see myself enjoying the PS3... I've only ordered an original ps for Valkyrie Profile and FF7, I'm not too fond of the sort of games being published for the PS2 and those lined up for the PS3.

Posted by Illyria110

i will probably get the ps3 and then, when i have enough money, revolution

Posted by Speedfreak

Xbox 360. Because it's out first and has Perfect Dark.

Posted by Shade

The PS3 looks the the best to me, so I'll probably get that first. The controller is awesome too, but I seem to be the only one that likes it. :(

If I have enough money, and outlets to plug it into, I'd probably buy a Revolution after. The Xbox 360 has no chance getting into my house.

Posted by powerpuff

360 because it comes out first and then the *** of all systems the Revolution! I was never really a fan of Sony

Posted by Black_Wolf

I love how everyone is suddenly an expert on all the new consoles...launch games, release dates, prices...we won't know any of that for sure for awhile. Plus, there could be all kinds of problems w/ each company, anything could happen.

As far as the question, if things go as planned, I'll definetly own a 360 first simply b/c it will be out first. I'm way more excited about the PS3 than the 360 though. And I can definetly save up enough money between the 360 and PS3 releases. As far as the Revolution, the only way I'm getting it when it comes out is if the price range is from 100-150, b/c so far it doesn't look like it'll be worth anymore than that. And if Nintendo is really "about the games" than the price of the system shouldn't be anywhere near the other 2.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Revolutions. Online Smash bros can keep me playing forever. Hell, I won't ever need to buy another game with just that.

second 360 just cuz of halo. I won't be able to pay the mortgage on the PS3.

Posted by Golden Archer

Oh man, Revolution for Smash Bros... No one can beat me where I live, which is horribly sad because I lost to the 4th place state Smash bros guy.

Posted by Big Boss

The PS2 will be flooded by the end of the year with must-play titles: Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Warrior VIII, Shadow of the Colossus and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, to name the ones off the top of my head. There's also Zelda. Buying an Xbox 360 at launch is like getting the Dreamcast when the PlayStation was still dishing out kick-*** games. Either way, I'll be getting the PS3 at launch day, if at all possible. With ACTUAL ANNOUNCED games on the way like Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Killzone 2, as well as new properties (Yes, new franchises, ever hear of that?) it's a safe bet. I'll just have to hope Sony changes the controller by then, or I'll have to play more of my GCN to get accustomed to crappy controllers.

Posted by Speedfreak

Heh, you could get a duke.

Posted by Sanity's Eclipse

Im the type of person who buys all three.
Im sure they're gonna be great!

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Sanity's Eclipse: Im the type of person who buys all three.
Im sure they're gonna be great!

Which is why the question was, "Which would you buy first?

Posted by Hannibal King

I'll probably buy the X-box 360 for the posability that Halo 3 and Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion will be on it

Posted by Pit

Alright, first things first. I'm not gonna get the PS3 at launch. Only way I see me getting it at launch is if I do have enough money. Xbox 360 and Revolution I will though, seeing as how it won't be as pricey. And of course, GBMicro.

Posted by Ch

I have changed my mind. I said I would go with Sony first but now I think I'll be getting a Revolution. The backwards compptibility just lured me in.

Posted by thug2777

HALO 3 give a clue

XBOX 360
NICE COLOR and BIG BUTTONS

I WILL BE GETTING AL THREE THOUGH

Posted by RedNeckGamer06

i would get the Revolution fer 2 reasons,
1. I'm a Nintendo Fan till the end
B. It'll prolly be cheaper than the rest
4. Smash Bros online

Posted by loony636

I will get Revolution because it is clearly the best (despite by biast opinion) and the backwards compatability is excellent. Plus it'll be cheaper.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting loony636: I will get Revolution because it is clearly the best (despite by biast opinion) and the backwards compatability is excellent. Plus it'll be cheaper.

You said, "and backwards compatibility," meaning Nintendo showed other valuable info for Revolution. Tell me, what announced games were the ones you liked? Were the systems specs impressive? How were the tech demos? Does it truly show what the NR can do? What makes the NR so innovative? Was the controller amazing? I'd like you to elaborate your obviously non-biased opinion on why the NR is clearly the best.

Lay of BB. We all know that Nintendo told **** at E3. But his statment has an "and" because he said "it's clearly the best AND the backwards...". The "and" is there to join his two points.

Posted by Morag2

True, we don't know much about the Revolution except that it has a sleek design, several colours and a hypnotic blue light. However we also know it will be able to play all the old games (good for those like me who haven't even owned a gaming console until the gamecube), we know SSB3 with free online will be a launch game and we know they have plans for a new Mario/Zelda/Metroid near the launch. We know nothing about the specs, it may be underpowered but for me SSB3 alone warrants a purchase.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

the nintendo revolution, the reason i keep coming back to nintendo, 1st is the magnitude of there titles. nintendo is the shiz

Posted by saiyanknight

nintendo revolution, SSB melee is too good to miss out on lol, but i just love the nintendo games

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Vampiro: Lay of BB. We all know that Nintendo told **** at E3. But his statment has an "and" because he said "it's clearly the best AND the backwards...". The "and" is there to join his two points.

BB is asking what makes it "easily the best" other than backwards compatibility, which is a valid question. Let's just assume he's talking about Smash Bros Online from launch, that's the only peice of information about Revolution that could make you decide it's the best this early in.

Quoted post: BB is asking what makes it "easily the best" other than backwards compatibility, which is a valid question.

That's not what I got from it. Espcially from this line: "You said, 'and backwards compatibility,' meaning Nintendo showed other valuable info for Revolution."

Posted by Pit

Quoting RedNeckGamer06: i would get the Revolution fer 2 reasons,
1. I'm a Nintendo Fan till the end
B. It'll prolly be cheaper than the rest
4. Smash Bros online

That's 3 reasons you dolt.

Posted by Solid Snake

Id have to go with Xbox360 mainly cause its coming out first, and I plan to own all 3. But If I were to choose it would be PS3 of course cause of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Pit: That's 3 reasons you dolt.

Yeah, he probably couldn't count to 3 so he used B instead.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro: That's not what I got from it. Espcially from this line: "You said, 'and backwards compatibility,' meaning Nintendo showed other valuable info for Revolution."

I just find it funny that he thinks people's opinions are biased on systems that DID show more info than Nintendo's. NR can't "clearly be the best" by any stretch of the imagination, because we have no clue what the real deal with the console is. You may like it more because of Nintendo, but the console itself, and how we'll interact with it, is still a mystery.

Quoted post: I just find it funny that he thinks people's opinions are biased on systems that DID show more info than Nintendo's. NR can't "clearly be the best" by any stretch of the imagination, because we have no clue what the real deal with the console is. You may like it more because of Nintendo, but the console itself, and how we'll interact with it, is still a mystery.

Oh, ok. Then yeah, I fully agree.

Posted by Random

Well I said I wouldn't return.. I Ship soon but After watching E3 I decided to post a few more times. Personally i'd get the 360 first. Not only is it out first but it's got a good lineup of games. So do the other consoles. I'd probably go 360, PS3, Revolution in that order. I highly expect both Microsoft and Sony to go bigger and badder in their new heated rivalry. It should be entertaining to see what will happen. The Revolution too perhaps will throw out some new tricks. I've always been into buying all the consoles I could just to compare and contrast for myself and not listen to silly reviews.
*Note games with question marks haven't been announced, I just assume they will be released*
Games I look forward to:
Xbox 360
Oblivion
Perfect Dark Zero
Halo 3 ???
Gears of War
Ninja Gaiden Black
Kameo
Castlevania

Playstation 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Soul Caliber III
Shining Force Neo
Castlevania
Final Fantasy ???

Revolution
Zelda???
Final Fantasy???
Mario???

Posted by Apathetic

Ehh probably the Revolution because my brother wants the zelda games. Im to busy with school and stuff to decide. But what do I know, depends on which is cheaper because I dont feel like getting the money or wasting a christmas present on it. I havent played on at home system forever so yeah.. they seem boring to me at the moment.

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Well, I think that If all the systems came out at the same time, I would buy the revolution, but because the 360 is coming out soon, and I have enough money for all the consoles, I'll buy a 360.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i wil get all of them, so if you think about it, the one that comes out first, is what i will buy first. cool and simple.

Posted by unholy darkness

am i the only one in the world who likes xbox ?

Quoted post: am i the only one in the world who likes xbox ?

Obviously not if it's number two in the current console race.

Posted by Crazy K

Well Im liking what what all 3 systems have to offer. This summer Im going to get a job to buy the PS3 first. Since I have a big collection of Ps and PS2 games (witch the PS3 will be able to play) I will surly not need new games right away. If I have a lot of money left over from working then I will buy the revolution, the revoulution just apeals to me much more.

The Revolution sounds great, I think it might break through and defeat both PS3 and the Xbox 360. With the ability to download old games, ya just cant go wrong. But I chose PS3. But I hope to save up more afterwards to buy the revolution.

[Quote=Shade]The controller is awesome too, but I seem to be the only one that likes it.

Im actually starting to think it looks ok. It does look like a rip off of a PC controller, but besides that it aint really that bad.

Quoted post: The Revolution sounds great, I think it might break through and defeat both PS3 and the Xbox 360.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? There's nothing indicating that it'll even be that great, other than the fact that it can download a bunch of games and will have the obvious Nintendo franchises.

Quoted post: With the ability to download old games, ya just cant go wrong.

Yes you can. Either they're too expensive, don't emulate well (somehow), have a ****ty selection, et cetera. They could easily blow it. Will they? Probably not. but you can't be 100% certain, especially when it comes to the Revolution.

Posted by Crazy K

Im saying what I think. Im not saying there wont be problems, and nore did I say there was. Sure there might be problems. But I was just stating what I think. Im not trying to say it will be better but im saying that it MIGHT break past PS3 and XBOX 360. Im not saying it will. Besides that there will probably be problems with all 3, and im sorry if I ****ed up on my post and misled ya.

Of course it might. Any of the console might be totally amazing and beat the **** out of the rest. But the point is, it's impossible to tell with the Revolution. You can speculate and say it mgiht be better... but at this point it won't and it isn't. You can only go by the information you have.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]The Xbox360 is the first next-gen system to come out, which will be before the end of the year, but i'm more excited about PS2 games that are still coming out: FFXII, Kingdom Hearts 2, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus and Shadow of the Colossus, plus Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. After that, the PS3 is the first next-gen console i'll be getting at launch. With developers like Square-Enix, Capcom, Konami, and Rockstar already behind it, it's sure to be a success and worth every dollar.

Next i'll get the Revolution, whether i buy at launch or not depends on the new Smash Bros. If the game launches with the console there's no way i'm gonna get left behind by the online competition bandwagon.

The last system i'll get will most likely be the Xbox360. Just like the original Xbox, i'll wait until the price goes down. At the moment there are little to no games for the 360 that catch my attention, besides Perfect Dark Zero and Gears of War. But 2 games are not enough for a purchase though.[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

Since the Xbox 360 is primed to come out at the end of this year and since the current gen systems have kickass games still coming out, I doubt I'll get it at launch.
I'll wait for PS3 to come out and let there libraries fill out abit to decide.

As far, as Revolution, I know next to nothing of it, outside it's massive backward compatibilty, I don't have enough info to judge.

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

XBOX it's out,I will never own one,no hating please,I am not hating,let's be civilized.Anyways,PS3 and then Revolution..I heard Nintendo said,it's something never seen before,I don't know what they mean,and I hope Nintendo has more variety of games too.

Quoted post: XBOX it's out

Though the 360 isn't...

Quoted post: I don't know what they mean,

I assume they just mean how you play the games, and nothing more.

Quoted post: and I hope Nintendo has more variety of games too.

Which they already had.

Posted by Big Boss

I may end up buying the Xbox 360 first. My current Xbox, with its lovely Thompson drive, can't handle dual-layered games such as Jade Empire very well. It only seems to have trouble with newer games, though, like Halo 2 (it won't load a map). If 360 has a good drive and supports all significant Xbox games, I may get one when it comes out. In the long run it'll be cheaper than buying or repairing my Xbox, since I'll eventually get the 360 either way.

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Xbox 360
Ninja Gaiden Black

Ninja Gaiden Black will be released on the original Xbox, not the 360.

Posted by Necrololicon

Quoting The Dark Harmonixer: XBOX it's out,I will never own one,no hating please,I am not hating,let's be civilized.Anyways,PS3 and then Revolution..I heard Nintendo said,it's something never seen before,I don't know what they mean,and I hope Nintendo has more variety of games too.

If you're not hating, why won't you own a 360? It will have the same support of the PS3, sans a bit of Squaresoft and Konami. You can say you're not hating but you lack a solid reason.

Miyamoto has said a lot of things, but Revolution's specs aren't even released. It may be something we've never seen before because it has emulation all the way back to the NES, or because Miyamoto has announced a dislike of the L/R trigger buttons, or whatever crazy things he says.

And please, please learn to use commas correctly.

I'll get a 360 first, then a PS3, and then a Revolution. Christmas, birthday, summer job.

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

Quoting Necrololicon: If you're not hating, why won't you own a 360? It will have the same support of the PS3, sans a bit of Squaresoft and Konami. You can say you're not hating but you lack a solid reason.

Alright, when I say I am not hating, that's it, I don't need someone telling me what I am thinking and don't feel the need to be explaining myself to someone, it's my opinion you should respect it and give me yers, then we discuss the topic, WITHOUT, trying to make the other seems like an idiot. Anyway, first of all I am not a big Microsoft supporter, and I am not talking about only X-BOX, I don't know how 360 is gonna turn out, but that won't be my first next-gen console, I have always supprted Sony, and never been dissapointed. X-BOX is one of the worst systems (gamewise) that I know, IN MY OPINION. I like RPG's the most and X-BOX is MOSTLY sports and other types of games that I am not even slightly interested in, (if you are gonna say Halo or any of those kind of games, I don't even like them, I'm not the Halo type, I don't know if Halo is good or not but I am not into that genre) so, based on the current X-BOX I am not very excited about 360, OF COURSE I will try it, I don't like hating or judging before trying and knowing bymyself, and even then I don't hate, unless you try to sitck the console in my nose saying it's cool and I should have it, then you'll p*ss me off, but I doubt I'd buy it, unless it really surprises me.

Quoting Necrololicon: Miyamoto has said a lot of things, but Revolution's specs aren't even released. It may be something we've never seen before because it has emulation all the way back to the NES, or because Miyamoto has announced a dislike of the L/R trigger buttons, or whatever crazy things he says.

I always liked nintendo, so, I am gonna support it too. Plus the console sounds pretty interesting. Plus the specs don't really matter at all, X-BOX is the most powerful of the three, yet, that didn't seem to make it a bit of good, or better. Same happened with Nintendo and SEGA long ago, SEGA was more powerful, yet it was never better, so, I do not go by specs at all. In reality, this is uncertain and, the only thing to do is wait and see.

Quoting Necrololicon: And please, please learn to use commas correctly.

I also do not need to be told how to spell, someone already told me to do it, I just didn't before cos I didn't think it would be bothersome, ok?

Posted by Borealis

Xbox 360.

Posted by Skruffy

Not sure if its been said already..
But plenty of people are offering Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles in advance of retail release.

Be very, very careful dealing with anyone who offers this. Many such scams have been uncovered, some of them very professional-looking.

Posted by Random

Their obviously scams. Anyone who falls for it is dumb.

Posted by bulletproof23

i am going to get a ps3

Posted by bulletproof23

i am going to get a ps3 first

Posted by guybob1000

The revolution is the only way to go for me. I cant wait for the new super smash bros and hopefully a super mario game

Posted by guybob1000

[url]www.streetracingwar.com/refer.php?ref=77465[/url]

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Shade: The PS3 looks the the best to me, so I'll probably get that first. The controller is awesome too, but I seem to be the only one that likes it. :(

If I have enough money, and outlets to plug it into, I'd probably buy a Revolution after. The Xbox 360 has no chance getting into my house.

Agree completely with this post.

Posted by Azusa

The system specifications for the Xbox 360 just don't seem as good as the PS3's. And I have seen more games that I would rather buy for the PS3. So Playstation it is.

Posted by obryen

I'm going with the Revolution. While we know next to nothing about it, Nintendo says it's going to be spectacular. Nintendo is a business, so of course they're going to blow things out of proportion to make more money. Still, they've never steered us too terribly off course before, and they have a record for being innovative, or at least introducing interesting things to the mainstream video game market. So I think it'll at least be good.

Aside from that, Super Smash Brothers rocks socks, and Nintendo hardware takes a lot longer to break down than Sony and Microsoft. My old SNES still runs like a dream, while my new PS2 is crawling with bugs.

Posted by BlackOps

It's really a tie for me between the 360 or the PS3. Both sound great and have many features in stock for us, but i can't decide on one. The revolution, like i ranted about in another post, has no chance of my purchasing of it. I really don't think it can compete with anyone.

Do i want to play Halo 3, or Killzone 2? Tough decision...

Posted by ExoXile

Revolution, i'm a Nintendo-er so.
And, i wouldn't want miss out TLOZ, and the Metroid series!

(And there'll be downloadable nes,snes,N64 games!)

Not to mention all the great games for the GC that still will be playable.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting BlackOps: The revolution, like i ranted about in another post, has no chance of my purchasing of it. I really don't think it can compete with anyone.

Then you're an idiot, because you know nothing about it.

Posted by Random

I don't see why anyone wouldn't purchase the Revolution. Honestly it has probably so far even though we know little about it, the most innovative idea to be able to play the older Games. Where I live there are numerous Xbox Owners. Infact we have Lan parties or go on XBL quite frequently, and we all plan to purchase the XBox360, but mnost of us also plan to purchase the revolution.

Do I personally think the Revolution will win the console war... No.. Maybe 2nd place but it has lost a lot of fan support so we'll have to wait and see.

Posted by Drewboy64

Wow, the majority here prefer revolution. That's really surprizing to me; I thought it'd be the 360.

It's the Revolution for me, though. The new controller seems awesome for unique games and games like FPS's, plus the wavebird-type shell that Nintendo was talking about seems very very good. And I will be using it to play SSB. On the release date. Online.

personally, I think the 360 will win in america. I can see why, too. Lots of people say they want it, and i think they're too ignorant to see the innovation of Nintendo. And not many people will buy the PS3, because of its hugely gigantic and obese price. So I'd think the Revolution would come in 2nd.

Posted by goku262003

well I'm going to do what i did when i got my first 3 systems PS3 first then the NR then the X360 I've been kind of waiting on PS3 the most so ill get that then the NR the underdog of all 3 i really think its going to be a good console then the 360 cause i don't like xbox too much and i want to use my xbox for a bit longer (I've only had it for a year yes i got my xbox way too late)

Posted by Demonizer

Revolution, And thats probably the only of the 3 I will be getting..

Posted by BEZ1

PS3. My brother will be getting 360 when it comes out, so I'll just play his.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Azusa]The system specifications for the Xbox 360 just don't seem as good as the PS3's. And I have seen more games that I would rather buy for the PS3. So Playstation it is.

Translation: Microsoft didn't spew as much bull as Sony did, so Sony must have more to brag about.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Speedfreak: Translation: Microsoft didn't spew as much bull as Sony did, so Sony must have more to brag about.

Hahaha

PS3 is entirely out of my list. I don't enjoy many PS games (I probably would love final fantasy if I played it - I like crystal chronicles and such...). As for the 360, I won't be buying one; I'll just keep playing Halo 2 online (yay, 360 owners can too). Plus some of my friends are getting the 360, so I can just play theirs. Revolution is the key. Gameplay is gonna be pushed to the next level. Advances in gaming are become exciting thanks to all of the innovation. And I will drool like crazy when I play SSB online.

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

well I plan on getting at least 2 (REV and 360) so it will be 360 ( for the mere fact it comes out first) then REV

Posted by protomanv4

Revolution cuz I want to see how the New Super Smach looks like

Posted by NFSMW6

ps3

Posted by Moogs

360, seeing as I already have one.

Posted by -])arkSide-

I'll most likly get a PS3 first then a Revolution. Never really been an xbox fan, still don't even have an origional. Once it gets completely replaced by the 360and drops the price to like $50, then I'll get a Xbox lol... Same with the 360...

Posted by Random

Quoting Moogs: 360, seeing as I already have one.

Aye.. Same here

Posted by Dragner

Right now its a tie between the Rev. or the PS3. I'm just going to wait tell I know more about both before I make my chose or if it comes down to it I'll just get both.