The truth about how the companies started

Posted by Teenage Mario

Back in the 70's or 80's Atari and Nintendo were teaming up until Atari kicked them out for privacy. So Nintendo used the knowledge from Atari and made the NES and so On. Well then in the mid early 90's nintendo teamed up with sony to make a CD add on for the Super Nintendo. Nintendo kicked them out and they used the CD knowledge to make playstation and so on. Nintendo made Sony and Atari Made Nintendo

How the **** can you say I cant use grammar when you spell learned learnt.
Exactly silent

You guys are *****es and need some get right. Why the **** do you pick on somone just because their new. Your lucky I can't leave and have to stay with you **** ****s. You guys need to put down the controllers and mouses and get it straight.

Posted by Poco

Hey this is pretty much common knowledge. Great job at posting another weak thread.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Teenage Mario: Nintendo kicked them out and they used the CD knowledge to make playstation

Either you're retarded, or you haven't learnt grammar.

Assuming you aren't retarded, you should have said "Nintendo kicked them out, and then Sony used it to make the playstation".

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Teenage Mario: 1: Back in the 70's or 80's Atari and Nintendo were teaming up until Atari kicked them out for privacy. So Nintendo used the knowledge from Atari and made the NES and so On.

2: Well then in the mid early 90's nintendo teamed up with sony to make a CD add on for the Super Nintendo. Nintendo kicked them out and they used the CD knowledge to make playstation and so on.

3: Nintendo made Sony

4: and Atari Made Nintendo

grr, well here i go having to give another history lesson

1: in 1983 nintendo wanted to get their famicom system promoted in the u.s region, they struck a deal with atari.. realising that the nintendo machine was better, atari was going to steal the specifications and such like for themselves and thus try and kill nintendo before they had a chance in the u.s

and nintendo never tried stealing ataris technology, as at that time there were no patents on the games market, thus nintendo were actually basing their interchangable games technology off of an earlier console from magnovox i believe (which every company at the time theoretically did :D), ataris 2600 technology was lame compared to that of the famicom/nes, so i know nintendo never learnt anything from atari

atari backed out of a deal with nintendo after they saw a version of donkey kong running on another system (colecovision), after they believed they had exclusive rights.. feeling they had been misled atari severed all ties with nintendo, which was a good thing because of the games crash a year later

2: in 1989 nintendo approched sony to co-create a cd based add-on (the psx) for the super famicom/snes and another machine which would be sony's baby but play the cd games and have a snes slot in built, during their time designing the machine together nintendo made a deal with phillips (sony's rival) in '92 to allow a few games featuring their home grown characters to be created for the cd-i console, even though the games were complete flops critically and via retail, sony saw it as a stab in the back from nintendo, so they took the specifications back and retooled them, two years later sony had finalised the sony playstation, released it in japan and history was made

3: no no no, sony was created in 1947, it was originally known as the tokyo telecommunications engineering co. it was later renamed sony

4: no atari didnt.. nintendo was originally founded in 1889 by fusajiro yamauchi and they created hanafandu playing cards, allthough it wasnt called nintendo until 1951.. nintendo means leave luck to heaven..

ooh and while im at it, a brief history

in 1954 sega was formed by us war veteran david rosen, the company was called SErvice GAmes and they primarrialy exported pinballs and jukeboxes into japan for the american troops, the first game they made was called periscope (a sub sim) in 1966

in 1971 nolan bushnell created computer space, it was a commercial failure, he tried again with a new game named pong which bally/midway refused to distribute, so he set up atari, by 1972 atari's pong was a huge sucsess

in 1976 the first videogame to be created in japan was made, sega created a boxing game called heavyweight champ

in 1977 nintendo released it's first home system which played a ping-pong game and was based on the 1972 magnavox odyssey technology....... around 3 months later atari release the VCS 2600 (nintendo got into the home market first :D)

1n 1983 segas first home system appeared, it was called the sg-1000, and it was 4-bit

so what have we learnt?

Posted by Klarth

Now, children, remember: Bazariah is in fact a gaming boffin and has been on TV for this.

I think I know who to believe, at least. =)

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Teenage Mario:
1: How the **** can you say I cant use grammar when you spell learned learnt.
Exactly silent

2: You guys are *****es and need some get right. Why the **** do you pick on somone just because their new. Your lucky I can't leave and have to stay with you **** ****s.

3: You guys need to put down the controllers and mouses and get it straight.

1: i learnt today that you can pass on what you have learned

2: we are not picking on you because you're new, it's just that you have written some real unintelligable babble

3: ooh ooh that the best you can come up with? dude this is a gaming forum hence it should be easy for you to make fun

Posted by Klarth

mouses = *mice