When does LoZ:TTP take place in the Zelda timeline? I CAN TELL YOU!

Posted by himbopt

Again, the almighty Himbopteaus Maximus updates his fellow Zelda fans on the new Zelda game titled the Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess.

The question that has been lingering in our minds for ages- "when will the game take place in the Zelda timeline?". Will it be after Windwaker? If you can remember back about 3 months ago, Nintendo confirmed that this new game would follow chronologically after Windwaker, but according to recently confirmed info by Nintendo, this is not the case.

LoZ:TTP is said to take place after OoT and MM, but before WW! (roughy 2-4 decades after OoT, but the character is confirmed to be a "new Link")

This could come to the conclusion that the new LoZ is the true sequal to OoT, I sure hope so. This game looks amazing, if you havn't seen the actually game footage yet, hop on to my other thread, IT LOOKS AMAZING!

We'll get TONS of all-new info in the next 2 days, OOoOooOOOO YAH!
I think that Nintendo's waiting till the last minutes of e3 to unveil the mother load of Zelda info, we'll just have to wait and see!

-Himbopt
the pink frog who howls at moonlight

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: This could come to the conclusion that the new LoZ is the true sequal to OoT,

Technically, MM is the true sequel. TP would just be another game in the timeline.

Nice to know though, thanks, and keep the news comin'.

Posted by FLiPBoY

Where'd you find this information at?

Posted by Morag2

Thanks you much... I actually haven't gotten around to playing OoT (My shame is eternal) but hopefully I'll be able to soon. I'll either borrow the collectors edition disc from my friend or hopefully I don't have to wait this long but when the Rev comes out it will be one of my first games ordered online... however thats gonna work. Thank you again for this information.

Posted by Siazo

looking at the trailer link seems to transform into the wolf in a strange world, reminicent of the Dark world in Alttp could these two games be connected, maybe I'm not sure though having not beaten Alttp

Quoted post: ooking at the trailer link seems to transform into the wolf in a strange world

Strange world being Hyrule. The path from his home village to Hyrule is shrouded in a thick, dark mist where upon stepping close to it, Link is pulled in by a hand. Twilight Town has spread and infected the land of hyrule, which is why Zelda is seen wearing a funeral cloak.

Posted by FerreTrip

Wait..."Twilight Town"?! I have a BAAAD feeling about that title. You see, that's a major area in the Kingdom Hearts world. Twilight Castle would be not only cooler, but safer. But, hey, maybe it's public domain.
ANYWAY! Yeah, man, this is SO cool! I can't WAIT till this game is out. HOWEVER!! I am afraid that I may have to make a choice: Shadow the Hedgehog, or Twilight Princess? I hope I won't have to...

Quoted post: Wait..."Twilight Town"?!

Realm, sorry.

Quoted post: I am afraid that I may have to make a choice: Shadow the Hedgehog, or Twilight Princess? I hope I won't have to...

bol, stfu, there's no need to choose.

Posted by Pit

4th crappy 3D sonic game over 70 hours of a new epic Zelda game? I mean, what are you, stupid?

Posted by NightmareBassX

Give the guy a break, he might like Zelda less then you guys and like sonic just as much as Zelda, but if I were harsh i'd ask the same thing ;)

But Shadow the hedgehog looks like the crap compared to Legend of Zelda the Twilight Princess.