SSB, a launch title for the revolution!

Posted by Burrito

[quote=http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615089p1.html?reload=true]Says wifi will be built into every Nintendo product so controller, TV, console, and internet can interact. Nintendo intends to develop a device that's functional and appealing to every member in the household -- whether gamers or not. All controllers will be wireless. Also, the controllers will be very unique "in ways we will share with you... later." Already working on several wifi games for launch. Smash Bros. will be launch game -- wifi.

Today at Nintendo's pre-E3 conference, Satura Iwata commented that super smash bros would be a launch game for th revolution, and also use wi-fi. I can't believe it, the news I've always been waiting for. It's gonna be so AWESOME.

Please discuss.

Posted by Alastor

This is really great news. Finally, an online SSB. I'm always excited about it when I think about it, but then I think of how bad Dark, Cyphus, and Bulb will whip my ass after it's released, so I try not to ponder on it too much. :(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Alastor: This is really great news. Finally, an online SSB. I'm always excited about it when I think about it, but then I think of how bad Dark, Cyphus, and Bulb will whip my ass after it's released, so I try not to ponder on it too much. :(

New game, different mechanics. Don't be sure that they will kick your ***. It took Dark Bulb a long time to practice the way he is now.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm so happy ^^

Right now, this is one of the main reasons I will buy the Rev at launch. Should be great.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Finally the game us smashers have been waiting for. SSB Online! Personally I like the GCN controllers, they could be better yes, it's just that I'm so used to playing Smash with them that I've grown to like them. I just hope these new controllers have a better feel to them. Now I'll be able to fight Bulb from home:cool: and get my a$$ pwned!

Oh and Alaster, Bulb and Cyphus play crap loads of this game all th time. They do tourneys and all that crap. Where as for us, we sit at home and pwn everyone that challenges us because we have no good competition, at least in my case anyway. I've never experienced fighting a skilled Smasher before so I would not know how they fight. I can only see the vids and just think of how to match that skill. So since I have no real competiton, I haven't played the game in ages because I'm practically able to beat the computers at anything. Though getting the hang of this new version may take time with the new controller adjustments.

Lets just hope they don't screw around with the characters too much.

Posted by Burrito

I'm kind of hoping that there will be some info, a screenshot, or a video at E3 tomorrow. I doubt they will, because you know how nintendo always tries to remain so secretive about anything. For a long time I've been wishing for a smash bros. 3. At least a confirmation that there was going to be one. The fact that it's going to be online is a bonus.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro: Lets just hope they don't screw around with the characters too much.

YES, YES WE WILL. Me and bulby are gonna play this much... I'm gonna get into smash for Rev ;)

Posted by Corrupt

Before I wasn't too sure about buying the Revolution right away, but this seals the deal. I'm really, really looking forward to this one.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I was gonna get revolutions regardless if it had online or not. I just want the next bloody smash. And don't be so sure Pit, it took me a while to get the mechanics down, but it was in a matter of one year. Smashboards did it for me. The mechanics shouldn't change drastically either, I doubt they will take out air dodging, so the wavedash should be in the next game as well. As for online, if it is or isn't, i'm still the tourny player :cool:

I'll just wana have fun anyway xD

Man... everyone jumped on the bandwagon of me, cyphus, and darkblade. That was extremely quick :(

Personally, I think my skills would be so great that I'd cause great lag in the game and break a chain of revolutions.

Now being serious, I'd like to play mystic hero, vampy, and alastor. I don't know where blade stands in smash anymore, but I know Cyphus would have a go with me maybe at his friends house or something. If this thing is possible with teams, expect me and pit to go postal on some asses.

Quoted post: Now being serious, I'd like to play vampy,

*** yes.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Also, I'd like people to look at my signiture. If you have paypal, lets have money matches rofl. Omfg I luv hugs

Posted by Cyphus

*masterbates to the online smash revolution news*
man.......so much good news at once...this..plus the new zelda trailer vid with him turning into a wolf........and i just hit 3rd base w/ some chick(not that its relevant)
oh, happy days!

the only bad thing about online smash is tournies to travel to will die out, minus ones w/ very large prizes. Good news is online tournies will be the new it. Good news is every gets to play everyone. Bad news is everyone gets to play everyone...so whoever comes out on top will have to deal w/ thousands of noobs asking to fight every **** day.
Either way...i hope they beef up mewtwo and bowser, because they are too **** cool to remain bottom(as a matter of fact, i highly anticipate they will do that...as they did from the last smash, trying to "balance the characters" by weakening kirby and ness and pumping up samus and link)
my only true fear is that they baby-fi it, and make it not as technically demanding to make net lag less important. I guess that would be better.....but i'd just hate it if it were easier to get pro @ than melee. and theres no way they're getting rid of Wavedashing, i swear on dark bulbs life.

and btw, Pit......................u have the coolest avator and title combo ever.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Cyphus, 20 dollar paypal money match a month after revolutions comes out ;o

Or better yet, me and cyphus, lets go out and play team matches in pay pal money matches 8-)

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Pit: YES, YES WE WILL. Me and bulby are gonna play this much... I'm gonna get into smash for Rev ;)

Don't forget me, I want to fight you guys too.:)
And me vs. Cyphus, I want to see how bad he pwns my a$$. :cool:

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]That was one of the few highlights of the Nintendo conference. Hearing that brought a smile to my face, and a warm sensation in my pants...[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Sounds wonderful. Will the characters be altered at all?

Posted by Cyphus

20 bucks it is, Bulb Face.
hahaah, nah, we cool. but i seriously can't wait to play everyone....but..

Actually i'm kinna scared....Assumably they will alter character moves, like they did from 64 to Melee...so all characters will have to be relearned and habits(gulp) will have to be broken.
This may actually put a disadvantage of some better smashers who play by almost rythm and habitual combo tendencies.
Good players are made not born. And i'm sure w/ as much time me blade and bulb have wasted on this game more than the majority of u...it'll show less an impact then what we've been given credit for Smash Revolution. Afterall i can only guess we're all going to get this game early as possible...and get about as much experience as each other.

The big question is....

Will u go straight to online and skip all the secret characters and stages? Or will you try unlock all the secrects first...and be late on the competition? @___@

Posted by Alastor

I'd probably do a few VS matches with the comps and get used to the new game's feel first. Chances are I'd wind up going against someone who's played it every waking hour since it came out and end up getting my ass kicked. =O

By the way Cyphus, congrats on the third base thing. woot ;)

Posted by Cyphus

yes..i'm quite the man-whore w/ this 15 yr. virgin(no really, i checked) who says she doens't want to be bf/gf but APPARENTLY is fine w/ me progressing w/ her.....that makes about 3 sense to me. -___-

ok..back to topic, no need to pull a dr. phil..........................

omg....Ideeuh!
They should put Dr.Phil in SmashBros3!
He'd be Dr.Mario's rival..cuz doc would be all like.."ur sick. take medication" and Phil would be all "no, u need counseling to control your behavior" and then they could have but secks for no reason.

oh, btw....the visual prototype specs of the revolution house these spiffy GC controller ports. Since it is backwards compatible i can only assume that adds up to us being able to use our GC controllers for playing soon-to-be-(but not really that soon)OLD-Melee.
and being camelot is a 2nd party actually owned by Nintendo...they do have the rights to put Golden Sun characters in....which i'm starting to believe they will do.
afterall..waluigi was made my camelot, and look where he's been in since?

Posted by Mystic Hero

I'd like to train with you all once it comes out. That we we can all grow strong together.:cool: I finally am able to get the competition I so longed for.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Hey cyphus, its smash bros, not smash girls in teh butt :mad:

Nice job though :cool:

Anyway, like he said. Smashers are made, the game isn't picked up and wew are just pro. Took us a long time. From the transition of smash 64 to melee was hard. As a matter of fact, melee to 64 is also hard. I expect there to be a change, but I don't think it will be so massive as in the past though.

To Iris : Characters might be altered to keep the game fresh. By altering though... we know what certain tier list will change. I hope they make bowser and mewtwo more playable. I knwo they are not going to take out characters... so pichu... is stuck in there -_-. I do hope for an original move set for ganondorf though, and not a huge alter on falco. Changing which way the player lands with the reflector shield is more than a big enough change for me to quit falco, or try to play with him >.< I hope they give more vitality to game and watch though... oh cyphus

You have to play Dire Vulcans Game and Watch, the day I bring him over for some online friendlies 8-), you have to fight his insane game and watch, i'm pretty sure he will continue game and watch in the next game.

I'm unlocking everythingi btw :cool: then online, unless someone demands me play hint hint. I of course will want to see what ever character plays like, which is always fun. Check up on smashboards of course, and see what has been found out, and see if it lives up.

Tournament play will go down, or maybe it won't. I'd still like to go to local tournaments even if this is out. Nothing is more fun than playing with real humans on a sunday, from 10 am to 11 pm for non stop smashing. I can't wait for this one, and I hope they jump up the amount of characters for sure, so that I can give everyone a fair shot. And not some "let me whip some more pokemon out of my ***" type of crap.

Cyphus, I'm pretty sure when this happens, poison will record some matches and then I send them on the net 8-), awesome **** indeed.

Also, use your hand ;)

And I orgasmed when I heard smash online.

Edit : When it comes out, we should create a list and **** of the people on here that want to play, and set up days of when the VGC people play smash :o. Maybe even set up some online tourny or something with paypal :o, smashboards will probably do that... but I'm scared that Isai and Ken might actually play this game.

Quoted post: Will u go straight to online and skip all the secret characters and stages? Or will you try unlock all the secrects first...and be late on the competition? @___@

Good question. Though I think I'll do a little of both. First I'll find a character that feels good, than go through the single player mode, than head over to online to take on a few friends. I'll go back and forth, facing friends and people all over and unlocking new characters, et cetera.

Quoted post: Maybe even set up some online tourny or something with paypal

I'm in for money matches.

One think I hope for, is a spectator sorta thing. Either through invite, or through a list of on-going matches. Select the match or invite and head on over. That would be awesome to be able to see a match between two (or more) other people. It's something the 360 will do, and it would be a good idea for Nintendo to do it also.

And by ***, they better have mics.

Posted by Pit

I think the smart thing to do is to unlock everything first, levels, etc. It'll make the gaming experience better cause now you have more characters to pick from, find which ones suits you, and can tests which stages are broken and not, same as characters.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'll probably wait a couple of years for price drops and whatnot :( but I'd love to play against Bulby, Pit and Vamp. I don't play SSBM much (only the N64 version, when my sister will play with me) because I hate playing against the computer, alone. Anyways, I still have to get the GC version. But being online sounds wonderful, and if the Revolution isn't too expensive, I may get it sooner, than later.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I just want to see how long I'll last aginst these guys, plus I'll finally get a match in with DarkBlade.:)

Quoted post: but I'd love to play against Bulby, Pit and Vamp.

It shall be so.

Quoted post:
I think the smart thing to do is to unlock everything first, levels, etc. It'll make the gaming experience better cause now you have more characters to pick from, find which ones suits you, and can tests which stages are broken and not, same as characters.

What I want to know, if your friend has a stage unlocked, and you do not, can you still play that stage online?

Anyways, I guess it all depends on if theres stats or not. If there are, I may have to hang back and hone my skills before I step into online.

Posted by Klarth

Smash Smash Revolution.

I'd like it if they at least retain the current roster of characters, as well as a load of others. Should be fun.

Posted by Iris

I really hope the moves don't change. I could care less about the appearance. It's the moves that makes them good and easy to handle. If the new one doesn't have Zelda/Sheik, then I'm going to be angry looking for another player to use and master.

I think a VGC SSB tournament is in order! :horse:

They will of course keep the current roster. I imagine it will be a lot like SMB to SSBM. Where all characters were kept, just more added and expanded upon.

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

I can't wait to finally have some compeition. The only person that will play SSBM with me is my little brother, and I always win! Link beats Roy by a mile!
Anyway, it's nice to see that the Revolution will have online play, unlike GCN. Hey! Who wants to see if they can beat me with Link when it comes out for the Revolution! ( If they have link, that is)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Ya, Smash tourny is in order one month after the release... that is if internet is enabled right off the back :mad:

If it isn't... chances are me and Cyphus are gonna whore this game out, and maybe pit. I don't know how long the transition from melee to revolutions will be until it comes out. O well :-p Anyway, who should be in charage of running the tourny and setting up the brackets when it comes out? I already vote me, cyphus, or darkblade, or all three of us. Especially the best 2 out of 3 rule, semi final best 4 out of 7 and the final being best 5 out of 9. Double elimination, you get 2 mathc losses, first one with the 2 losses gets out. If in the final both players have no losses... then its going to be a long final.

Or we can try Round Robin. We all play each other (REALLY LONG) and then add up the wins. Actually, I'm not familiar with round robin at all. :cool:

Yea, then after some fun tourny, we start the money tourny's :cool:

I know everyone wants to play with me rofl :cool: and there better be microphones... or else :-/

Posted by Corrupt

If I get the Revolution early, I'm definitely in the tournament. :cool: I know I'll most likely get my a[b][/b]ss kicked, but... still! It's the thought and effort that counts!

...not really :(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: Ya, Smash tourny is in order one month after the release... that is if internet is enabled right off the back :mad:

If it isn't... chances are me and Cyphus are gonna whore this game out, and maybe pit.

I'll whore it out if it's online. If it isn't, forget about it :(

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Pit: I'll whore it out if it's online. If it isn't, forget about it :(

Well, they said it'd be online wi-fi enabled right out of the box and that one of the online launch titles would be a new Smash Brothers. ;o

Posted by Burrito

[quote]Will u go straight to online and skip all the secret characters and stages? Or will you try unlock all the secrects first...and be late on the competition? @___@

Some of the secrets in ssbm you unlock by playing enough versus matches. So, it's possible that playing online will actually help towards unlocking all the secrets.

You might be able to play against characters that you haven't unlocked yet. It would kind of suck if they just gave you all the stuff at start. It would take a lot of fun out of the game.

Posted by Iris

I doubt a lot of the SSBM hidden characters will be in this one.

Posted by Cyphus

lol, i knew someone was going to sig my Phil quote! XD

hm...the only characters they WOULD drop(which i doubt they will) would be Doc, Y.Link, and Pichu. I dont' think they could afford to drop anyone else, since they are moreso significant to the N cast.

i just hope they don't make MORE clones which i'm sure many Daisy fans want. but i'm more about the stfu-about-daisy kinna thing, cuz nobody said she's cool w/ toad, has a MarioRPG frying pan, and most importantly...can float. Stay alternate costume daisy, kthanxbye.

OH!!! what about new items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we didn't think about that yet...SURE most of us hate items now, but u know they'll be fun for a long time before our skills are well rounded enough to start justifiably blaming matches on them.

I hate the flipper...down w/ it..and bring back the bumper, ****it! that item would so own Luigi now! hehehe
zelda's ocarina would be nice. When u press A, a small code of arrows appears above ur character that u have to press using the c-stick to play the song. If u do it correctly w/out being disturbed the song, certain affects will take place during the fight depending on the song played.
examples might be like..Song of Storms makes the battlefield rain for 30 seconds, creating all surfaces to be slippery. Song of Time-freezes the entire fight minus the user for a few moments to take advantage of the frozen rivals, ect

It'd be sexier than pokeballs, but it would cost u a couple seconds to use.(or u could just throw it at ur oponents face for 2%)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Hopefully they'll tone down Sheik and Marth's cheapness level like they did with Kirby and Pikachu. Sorry, but if you have either of those 2 as your favorite then you're kinda taking the easy way out.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sanity's Eclipse

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]Hopefully they'll tone down Sheik and Marth's cheapness level like they did with Kirby and Pikachu. Sorry, but if you have either of those 2 as your favorite then you're kinda taking the easy way out.[/COLOR]

exactly

Posted by Morag2

This is awesome, now I can go online and get my sorry bottom whipped by players who are better then me... I have 2 friends with the game and there very... lets go with inexperianced for the sake of being nice... so I have no competition... like heck, I beat my friend with the ice climbers... and I suck with them.

Posted by Arczu

The long-last awaited SSB that is truely going to kick arse! Seriously, I can picture the roster being at least 30 characters, then hidden ones (who SHOULD be hidden), new game modes, options... I just get frills thinking about what they will do.

This is probably the one of the only games I may ever get at launch. The best time to play games online is at launch. Everybody will want a peice of the action then. Yeha, so long lag.

(BTW if I get lagged matches I will be UBER-peeved!)

Quoted post: (BTW if I get lagged matches I will be UBER-peeved!)

Agreed, but I doubt it. They'll think of something to fix the problem, assuming the problem is their fault. It'll be impossible to play a Smash game if there's lag.

Quoted post: Everybody will want a peice of the action then. Yeha, so long lag.

Online support from gamers will probably last a long time. If Melee was online, there'd still probably be tons of people playing it.

Posted by Mystic Hero

We all just can't wait for ths one. This truely will be the Smash game to remember. First off i'm taking a shot at DarkBlade, I wan tto see how fast he pwns me. Then maybe Lemmy and Bulb. Hell I'll be spending a good portion of my time online smashing.:)

Posted by Richaod

I need it.

But it'll be expensive. :(

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

And richaod appears! omg rofl rofl rofl omg?

Yes, nothing better to post. Screw you.

Posted by Morag2

We can have like big VGchat tournaments, that will be great... and I'll die... and I really really really really really really (etc.) hope that there isn't lag, that would just suck. I think we don't have to worry about it with nintendo though, the 3rd party servers could be trouble but SSB is a nintendo game. I wonder if we'll be able to have more then 4 players... imagine a massive course like twice the Hyrule Temple with 16 people in it... that would be pure, beautiful chaos.

Posted by Morag2

We can have like big VGchat tournaments, that will be great... and I'll die... and I really really really really really really (etc.) hope that there isn't lag, that would just suck. I think we don't have to worry about it with nintendo though, the 3rd party servers could be trouble but SSB is a nintendo game. I wonder if we'll be able to have more then 4 players... imagine a massive course like twice the Hyrule Temple with 16 people in it... that would be pure, beautiful chaos.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Imagine playing me :cool:

Omg jk lol

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: And richaod appears! omg rofl rofl rofl omg?

I saw the thread and was interested.

I'm confident that at least one of my friends will get it with online play, so I'll get your username(s) and play you guys eventually.

Posted by Pit

I'm confident I'll kick everyones *** here :)

Posted by saiyanknight

and then you meet me, a tournement would be great though, and everybody reps the winner lol

Posted by Pit

Quoting saiyanknight: and then you meet me

Yeah, I'll meet you, and like rape you.

Posted by Cyphus

and then i'll be all like *omg like appears from nowhere then sodomizes you with an unlubed cactus*...figuretively speaking of course........right before i really do, do it.

(if anyone hasn't noticed by now, i'm clueless on how to Rep people)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Lmao cyphus

And a tournament for Rep is so lame. Money must be involved >:O

Or else whats teh point?

Yea, 5 dollar money matches through paypal ;)

Quoted post: And a tournament for Rep is so lame. Money must be involved >:O

Or else whats teh point?

Yea, 5 dollar money matches through paypal

Everything he just said.

And five dollars seems pretty good. We'll probably get at least ten people, fifty bucks right there. nice chunk of change for winning a VGC tournament.

Posted by saiyanknight

yeah but, not everybody would give money, maybe 1-2/10, thats why i sugested rep, sine its free, but the first couple of times should go well ^_^

Rep is crap. It barely means anything here let alone in the real world. At least with money I can buy stuff with it.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Vampiro: Rep is crap. It barely means anything here let alone in the real world. At least with money I can buy stuff with it.

What he said.

I enter tourny's at 20 a piece anyway. 5 bucks isn't bad for an online tourny 8-), a piece that is. Something can be worked out.

Posted by Ant

Eh, I would trust certin people on here if I ever entered in such a tourny. People Dark Bulb and Vampiro, but not sayianknight. :)

"Five bucks? I thought you might five... e-dollars..."

But seriously, it would be easy enough to avoid people like that. Can't you just set up one account that everyone will put five dollars into, check who put money in and only allow them to participate.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Pit: I'm confident I'll kick everyones *** here :)

And then your bro comes and pwns you;)

But seriously, those of us that have spent a good portion of our time already currently smashing should be already good, we'll just have to get used to those new controls.

Posted by Cyphus

great...i can't edit a rep, can i? oh well...what is the point of the rep system anyway? i'm usually anti-anything that involves working for benefits that should be already there.

anywho...i think we all already stated we're going to kick everyone else's asses. Enough of this guessing bull****; just face the fact that i'm going to make Bulb's colon squeaky clean.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

My bowel movements will be pure? hardy har har, more like, your mum! :mad:

Plus, that wouldn't be cleaning my digestive track, that would be smashing in the crap to the inner most part, and in the end, its still dirty.

For anyone that doesn't know what the **** is going on, he means hes gonna **** my *** in this game :cool:

Man we're crude

Posted by Pit

I'm gonna rape you guys so bad, I'm gonna push the **** back in and make it come through all the way through your mouth.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

You're ****ing gross.

Posted by Dark Link

lol!
Seriously though I always wanted to see how I'd do againt the Uber pros here...and top 10 Players in States.
Obviously...Controls, Moves, Handling are gonna be the top priority to becoming pro in SSBO (SSB Online).
My guess is Nintendo will do the exact same thing they did in Melee. Bring all the characters from SSB to melee and added more clones and secret characters...think they'll do that in SSBO??? Except how would they do that to the clones...will be interesting...

Posted by Burrito

Any predictions on the amount of characters. SBB had 12 and SSBM had 25. An increase of 13 characters. I'd figure this increase will be a bit more. I predict at least 40 characters.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I predict there better be over 50 or else I'm gonna be sick of watching the new tier list suck balls. I want to see

1 - many counter characters. Not semi bull**** countercharacters. Luigi, Jigglypuff, and game and watch can counter fox/falco, but only to the extent of them being alive. They can still get wrecked pretty easily by fox/falco. When i say counter, I mean a Sheik vs Ganondorf counter type of thing, except not THAT overpowered, and not sheik > everyone.

2 - More creative stages. I mean this in a fair way also. Rainbow cruise moved and that was alright. It was fair throught pretty much really. Fountain of dreams have the low and high raise platforms. But the game and watch stage?! Yoshi 64 again >:O? Big Blue? Big blue was a nice attempt but its not very playable, yoshi is too ****ing huge, and game and watch had no borders, even through the top. If anything, add more creative stages that aren't oversized like hyrule, but give the game a good clean feeling. Even added visuals for the love of ***, look at fountain of dreams, excellent stage and appealing, then you have some real ugly ones. Pretty stages attract :).

3 - I love the music in the game, but I don't like the stages. Make it possible to switch around tracks in the game sometimes? I dunno :-p

4 - I'm not a fan of the one player mode at all. Don't care for it. Make it easier to unlock some things rather than playing the game with every **** character to unlock things. Gets annoying. Bring back board the platforms also, that was pretty kool.

Posted by locality

On super smash bros for the revolution I think in vs there should be a damage match mode where the winner is the player who gives out the most damage, within a time limit, with an extra like 30 points awarded per KO. What does everyone think?

Posted by Burrito

I guess that's a credible idea. So, that people won't get ****ed off that all the damage they did amounted to nothing. It sucks when someone just refuses to die.

Locality, I think it would be better if you used more punctuation. You've got a run-on sentence there.

Posted by locality

Yeah obviously this kind of mode wudnt b used in a 2-player battle but in a free for all with 3 or more players.

Posted by Golden Archer

I hope they have some more awesome pokeballs, I can't wait >.< Tournys are easy to beat.. *5th place*... Anyways I know they can't add Sonic but is there a possible chance that they could? Even if he is not nintendo..

Quoted post: Anyways I know they can't add Sonic but is there a possible chance that they could?

No. It would be fairly dumb anyways. There's more deserving characters.

Posted by Burrito

They COULD, if Nintendo made some kind of deal with Sega. I don't see that happening, though.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Golden Archer: I hope they have some more awesome pokeballs, I can't wait >.< Tournys are easy to beat.. *5th place*... Anyways I know they can't add Sonic but is there a possible chance that they could? Even if he is not nintendo..

Which tournies? =o?

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

I hope it dosent slowly dissapear like the last 2...........

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Mr. Tadakichi: I hope it dosent slowly dissapear like the last 2...........

What exactly do you mean?

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

well, always when a super smash bros. game come out its a big hit, but then store stop stocking it and no one (except for the people on this thread) wants it anymore. I tried to find Meele and finnaly found a used 1 in Lake George, NY.

Posted by saiyanknight

yeah your right....but its a launch title, hopefully it should do well ^_^

But i doubt they will add 50 characters, im guessing 40, if 50, it will just get a bit...meh

however i do think, every character should have a unique move set

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

Its a good idea to add new characters but not too much. I mean i dont wanna go to character select and have to choose from over 30 diffrent people

Quoted post: Its a good idea to add new characters but not too much. I mean i dont wanna go to character select and have to choose from over 30 diffrent people

I would. The more options, the better.

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

I know the choices would be good but i'd like just the well-known characters.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Mr. Tadakichi: Its a good idea to add new characters but not too much. I mean i dont wanna go to character select and have to choose from over 30 diffrent people

So what youre saying basically is "lets have a game with mario and luigi, and maybe unlock bowser"

Still, that might be too many characters huh?

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

no, i'm saying i'd want the ones from ssb meele and probably 7 more at least

Quoted post: no, i'm saying i'd want the ones from ssb meele and probably 7 more at least

Twenty-five plus seven equals thirty-two.

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

WHATEVER!

Posted by Mini Rebew

all i have to say is....

MASSIVE W00TNESS

Posted by Burrito

There are still a lot of characters that people would like to see in the game. So, there should be more than 7 more. Also, despite how many of you don't like it, I doubt there getting rid of the clones and they're probably gonna make more. It's just easier that way. Still, GIVE GANONDORF HIS **** SWORD!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Well we know we are sticking with the clones. Is there a possable chance there will be more in the next game? Yes of course, but at the same time there is also a good chance that we'll see more characters with their own movesets instead of having the majority of them being boring clones.

Posted by saiyanknight

yes, true ^_^

Well nintendo have done 1 thing right, making it online, but to do another good thing they should have more of a story mode, and more characters which have a unique set of moves, remember this is the revolution, more things are capable ^_^ lets just see what nintendo plan for it...

Posted by Mr. Tadakichi

Quoting Burrito: There are still a lot of characters that people would like to see in the game. So, there should be more than 7 more. Also, despite how many of you don't like it, I doubt there getting rid of the clones and they're probably gonna make more. It's just easier that way. Still, GIVE GANONDORF HIS **** SWORD!

straight up

Posted by D.J Cat

Pichu should go and so should Doctor Mario.
Make the doctor suit an alternative costume of Mario's or something.

I hope they change the moves around a little bit, a lot more levels would be great, and more characters but no more than 15, assuming they keep the 25 at the moment. I would prefer more levels to characters, I think.

Wario needs to be in it
And Waluigi.
Maybe Baby Bowser...
Toad would be nice...

And thats all I can think of for now.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting D.J Cat: Doctor Mario should go.

Go die. Thats insulting to doc players, considering that as similar as both clones are, they still play differently.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

I doubt they will outright remove the clones, as there are many people who play as them (I prefer Young Link over Link, personally), but I can see them possibly retooling them and giving them some of their own moves. IIRC, some of the clones WERE supposed to be completely unique characters (hence the mysterious sword featured in Ganondorf's trophies), but HAL ran out of time before they could be finished.

And I do hope they redo Luigi, as he's the one Melee character I was disappointed with. I want to fight with the Poltergust!

Posted by DarkBlade

*And so forth, a dark ominous cloud decends as a shadow apears from the fog of evil and speacks in a familuar tounge*

HIOOO

*Ok, so he's a bit different since hes been studing with otakus and has changed his formated lifestyle...*

Ahh good to be back^^
Ive been off games awile now, even H2. Studies and all sorry to say.
Ill need to read up onto this at a point in time but it sounds great, Id rather them hold off on this for awile but a launch means they HAVE a deadline... Online sounds great, cept for the laggers, hope it doesnt run on 65k...

but *sigh*, this means Id have to get all the secret stages and characters again. bout a day or 2... but most of all Im gona have to relearn everything over agian... They better make Link flow better cause hes the character Ive stuck with forever now.. This also means that no more tourneys either. Doesnt matter for me cause I have no time to go out of state anyway...

Smash melee however, I have retired from for the most part. I still kill any1 who says they even play the game regardless of age(pwned a bedwetting 3rd grader who said hed kick my ***..) Tourneys I dont look into anymore but there is one you can all find me at every year.
OTAKON
the 2005 event otakon is an anime convention and every year about 200-1000 smashers play in there HUGE gaming room thinking there top of there proffesion. The only threat there were the ones I Already knew... bout 2 or 3 guys... But Its fun having a line of 20 peeps just wanting a pieace of ya. Last year i took countless people on for 7 hours strait before a intermediate C.F. took me out on Blue(with my absents of strength and that random stage who wouldent lose^^)

So any1 wanting to take me on before this thing releases(which could be awile cause I dont know the dam date) just go there. OTAKON.com or somthing like that. a 3 day thing and its great for those half gamers half otakus.
BTW I half of ya or mostly every1 havent seen my face so heres a crap pic of me for the fact that youl know me when you see me there.

My eyes and hair are not brown^^ this picture makes me look like im on somthing... bulgy eyes ^^;
Anyway Ill look into this and give my 2 cents another time
Blade Out*

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: Go die. Thats insulting to doc players, considering that as similar as both clones are, they still play differently.

Did you read the next sentence?

Anyway, Diddy Kong could get a run as well.

Maybe Nintendo will debut some new characters just for the game...
Or maybe not.
We'll find out when its released either way.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting D.J Cat: Did you read the next sentence?

Of course I did. It mentioned nothing about taking back your doc quote. Make him an alternate costume, just gay.

Anyway, Darkblade, I expected you to be some Japanese goth dude from the way you type, and your love for anime.

Well that clears it up. Member image and gallery - In smash

Makes me wanna post mine up in here also =o

Anyway =o

Posted by NightmareBassX

Hmm this game is going to be the best... You see, i'd have been in this thread alot earlier, if I knew it was there.

But, I love the SSB series, so... ****ing... Much.
Heh, add me to your list. I'll be in this Tournament of yours. Im going to make a thread of possible idea's, make things more exciting, and boost curiosity.

Alright. Plenty of us fans of SSB know about the Online version coming out for the Nintendo Revolution. None of us knows what its like though.
So why not come up with some idea's. What you hope or think they could add on. Add some, or say what you want to go.

Idea
I think there should be like a Leveling system, or a ranking. Not something that will unbalance things, just make it more interesting.

I think there should be a way to change the characters moves. Like different fighting styles, to make it more diverse. Make it so some characters have an advantage on some playing fields with the different styles, Like aerial, ground, Or balanced.

Posted by FerreTrip

Hmm...I'm okay at Smash, but there's one drawback for me: The friends I play with consist of one n00b (due to no cube at home), one player that's honerable and I can BARELY beat, and finally, the cheapest guy on earth: Kenny. He uses Dr. Mario and ALWAYS uses Giant Fist (I think his down-A air) and jumps just to do that, and also is evil with the Sheet. It's AWFUL!!! AWFULAFULAFUL!! The only thing I hope that they do in the next game is fine-tune some characters so that they're all different, but all equally balanced. There should be NO rank system, with Sheik and Luigi on top. NONE AT ALL. Everyone should be equal. AND FOR ***'S SAKE, IF YOU'RE GONNA DUMB MEWTWO DOWN, MAKE IT SO THAT HE AT LEAST DOESN'T FLY AS FAR!! HE'S AROUND 270lb, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!
That brings me to another thing that I hope that they're gonna do: If the characters have recognizable anim

Posted by Tinkleheimer

As said before, the clone characters should have an alternate costume of the original. Each costume could possibly have it's own set of moves.

IE.
Mario- Reg Mario
Cape Mario-Higher Jumping, weaker attacks
Fiery Mario-Obviously fire balls
Dr. Mario-Pills and HMOs

Quoting D.J Cat:
Maybe Nintendo will debut some new characters just for the game...
Or maybe not.
We'll find out when its released either way.

That is what I would like to see.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I say just leave the clones be. Yes, some of them aren't needed, but I'd rather leave them as their own character instead of an alternate costume. Since Falco is esentially a clone of Fox having basically the same move line with a few changes here and there like in his spike attack, that would mean he may be a costume of Fox which is stupid. Yes, some clones are bad and some are good, but just leave them be. Lets just hope those are the only clones in the next game.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

I was thinking about that with Pikachu and Pichu (whom I hope is not in the game).

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

The only extremely similar clone is doc mario and mario, and even the two play differently. Seeing doc as an alternate would suck. As for move set, same as mystic just said. If anything, change ganondorf to an orginal character. He first, is from a LOZ game, not F Zero. Why they made him a clone of captain falcon, I don't know. Second, both have similar moves, but completely different physics, knockbacks, and combo ability. Captain falcon is the better of the two in the case that his edgeguarding is sick, and has enough power to take down anyone, and on top of that, his knee is more than enough to finish a combo, even not at full force. Ganondorf is more of a huge hit and game, and doing an 80 combo, while defending your own *** to not get as much damage. Make him original, I wouldn't mind at all.

Free candy in the game box.

Posted by maian

Well, I skipped through the thread after the middle of the 4th page, because it got boring. :cookie: So I'll just say my opinion here.

I hope they spazz up some chracters, and make Link look a lot cooler. :-* The characters, I believe will be grand. They will have some new moves that may be hard to get used to, but it'll be cool. Ganondorf needs a new move set, but I'm overall okay with the characters. Some new ones would be cool. Toad will most likely be in it, along with a Zelda chracter or two, and perhaps a StarFox one.

Then there's items. I'm pretty much ok with all the items now, so...yeah.
Some new levels would be cool. I always wanted the original Mushroom kingdom from SSB :( (the one in Melee sucked)

And then there's my skills/tournaments. I'm pretty good, but I probably won't stand a chance against you nerdy mustafahs. :cool: omg lol jk

It'll be great.

Posted by Drewboy64

I hope they have 8 player online battles

Posted by speedemon35

Quoting Drewboy64: I hope they have 8 player online battles

That would pretty much own:D I know i'd love it. Beating up 7 ppl at the same time:P
As long as I can use Pikachu to do the damage everyone will be doomed:P

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Drewboy64: I hope they have 8 player online battles

Me and my friend had a discussion in which this would work, and possibly only online, or against computers. One stage that is extremely sectioned to prevent so much junk on one section. A stage like fountain of dreams, with sections you have to jump across to. Random respawn, endless battle almost. I don't know, as stupid and crazy as it sounds, I would love to see something like this. Just for fun purposes.

Quoted post: I don't know, as stupid and crazy as it sounds, I would love to see something like this. Just for fun purposes.

Same here, four players can get pretty hectic, I can just imagine what eight would be like.

The only thing I'm really hoping for is customizable CPU opponents, and higher levels of difficulty.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I would just love a new expansion in the series. I've simply nothing left to unlock in SSB:M.

Posted by Dragon X

I'm lookin foward to this. i wonder what new modes will be added

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Sweet! I hope they add new "cooler" characters.

Posted by Burrito

What exactly is that supposed to mean? What "cooler" characters?