Lots of Mario fun coming to the DS!

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Today at E3, Nintendo revealed a lot more about Mario Kart DS, the most exciting tidbit of news being that it will indeed be online by the end of this year. What's better is that tomorrow, May 18th, those present at E3 will be able to test drive Mario Kart DS and its online multiplayer capabilities. I'm jealous! :D

[url=http://ds.ign.com/objects/682/682877.html]Mario Kart DS![/url]

Also we got more screens of Super Mario Bros. DS, which shows Mario and Luigi together in a very oldschool romp as well as some possible multiplayer action! It looks like you and a friend can team up as the Mario Bros. and play co-op!

[url=http://ds.ign.com/objects/682/682879.html]New Super Mario Bros. DS![/url]

And finally, Mario and Luigi 2 was officially announced, and judging by the screens and video the game makes use of every aspect of the DS, including enemies on the top screen that attack the bros. on the bottom screen. There's also been a few details about the plot revealed- the Bros. have gone back in time and meet up with their baby counterparts, who join them on their adventure! Baby Bowser and Kamek appear in the screens, hinting that this game might also be connected to SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

[url=http://ds.ign.com/objects/748/748543.html]Mario and Luigi 2![/url]

Posted by Arczu

I wondered what happened to that Mario Bros game I heared they were making, but suddenly vanished. Here it is.

These are games worth looking at... or at least playing. I'm all for the Kart, and the Mario Bros DS can be fun.

Posted by Mini Rebew

OMG, ANOTHER MARIO AND LUIGI GAME, YES, and Mario Kart..and...THEY ALL LOOKED SWEET

*dances non-stop*

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I love Nintendo.

I was hoping for a M&L sequel, looks like I got it. Both that and SMBDS look amazing. I simply cannot wait.

All these new games coming out for the DS is what every owner has been waiting patiently for.

Posted by Golden Archer

I hope theres a paper mario thing coming out, that is just probably my favorite game ever.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Paper Mario DS... I like the sounds of that.

Posted by VicE

I'm most hyped for Mario and Luigi 2. That game looks awesome. I love what little bit of the plot's been revealed so far, and the idea of controlling FOUR characters at once rather than two should be interesting. It'll also be interesting to see how this ties in with Yoshi's Island... I can't help but wonder what's up with that demonic looking Yoshi in that one screenshot. O_o;

And YAY, a new old-school style Mario platformer! With Luigi in it, too! And online Mario Kart!! Definitely will be looking forward to those as well. :)

Posted by Bebop

Mario and Luigi 2 was a very big pleasent suprise for me. I really enjoy the Mario RPGs and especially Mario and Luigi.

EDIT: Mario and Luigi are with baby Mario and Luigi. odd.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I may just have to buy a DS for some of these games.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

THat mario and luigi platformer almost made me die. I now need a DS... okay, want a ds. I know my needs ;)

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Madame Flurrie: There's also been a few details about the plot revealed- the Bros. have gone back in time and meet up with their baby counterparts, who join them on their adventure! Baby Bowser and Kamek appear in the screens, hinting that this game might also be connected to SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

Does that mean a possible... playable Kamek? Man, that in itself would be fabulous. All three of the games sound great, too. That's just another reason for me to get a DS. (no, I still don't have one!)

Moved to the Mario/Yoshi board. If it's in any way Mario-related, it should really go there. Besides, the board deserves more traffic, anyway.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Corrupt: Does that mean a possible... playable Kamek?

IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM. (Althought controlling him an his powers would be cool). The buttons, kind of like the past Mario and Luigi are set to each character. A and B to Mario and Luigi whereas X and Y correspond to Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

Quoted post: That's just another reason for me to get a DS. (no, I still don't have one!)

Indeed. New Super Mario Bros. looks sick. By adding elements found in the 3D games into this 2D game, I think this may be the best 2D sidescrolling Mario game to date. Mario will be able to do trademark moves from Mario 64 like backflip, butt stomp, side jump, and wall kicks. In the video you see a scene where Luigi jumps on Mario to get a boost and then wall kicks up... oh yeah, the game is co-op meaning 2 people can adventure at the same time.

Posted by Dexter

This forum doesn't get as much attention/traffic. That's probably why the other forum was preferred, so the discussion would be noticed and contributed towards more.

I've barely touched my DS.

Posted by Corrupt

Well, I left the redirects there, so let's see how it does in this board.

Edit: Yeah, Dex was right. It's been moved back to the Nintendo DS board.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Man... I want it, But hearing about it know dissapoints me. Now I know it wont come out for like 5 months =*( Well it looks fun (Mario and Luigi 2)

I Can't wait for this game, I just cant, It looks so much fun (Super mario bros.)