Favorite Movies

Posted by Dandelion

You should probably include the favourite movie, as well as why.

My personal favourite movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's really an ingenious idea. Who wouldn't want to erase all the memories of their past loves and losses? Of course, he realises that's not the case, but still, we all feel it. It was well put together, and I loved it.

I also love Spirited Away. The first time I watched it it blew me away. It's so different from anything I've seen..mind you I haven't watched a good deal of anime though. It's just, the storyline really, almost made me cry :P

Speaking of movies that made me cry, City of Angels. It's just beautiful, that's all really.

Posted by Roth

I guess my favorite movies are more of the obscure, or maybe(?) lesser known ones. Take for instance, Memento. This movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! It's about a guy who can't remember things for more than five minutes at a time. His wife was murdered at the time of his accident, and he's trying to figure out who it is by leaving himself notes, and tattooing significant events on his body. The storytelling is pretty unique, too. There are two directions the movie moves in, backwards, and forwards. Both tellings of the stories come together to make one big tale that I'll never forget! Awesome flick!

Posted by Dandelion

omg, I totally spaced Momento! That movie is amazing, I loved it.

Posted by Roth

Quoting Dandelion: omg, I totally spaced Momento! That movie is amazing, I loved it.

Ah... so I see that at least one person one the boards has seen this movie! Ha! What about Pi? It's an independant film by Darren Aronofsky (I hope I spelled that right) about mathematics and the true name of God. According to the movie, the true name of God can be found hidden within the infinite number of Pi. The main character, who is a pill-popper I might add, ends up figuring out the name, and has different sects of people after him.... intriguing story, with a great approach of grainy, black-and-white filming.

Posted by Trigger

Some of my favourite movies include Momento, The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, A Clockwork Orange, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls, Run, Lola, Run, as well as a few Pixar Animations films.

I thought the first movie I mentioned was created in a very clever and abstract way, it really does set a different viewing experience in comparison to the standard format of other movies.

The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption are also very good movies, the former being rather touching and admittedly one that has made me cry.

A Clockwork Orange was another movie that I felt was a little different from most movies, not because of the format chose to present it but rather the actual story itself.

As for the Ace Ventura movies, they both hold a certain hilarity about them, Jim Carrey did a wonderful job at being "loud" and different; I always get a giggle out of both the movies, the second moreso than the first.

Run, Lola, Run is a German movie I watched whilst studying the language that runs in a similar format as Momento and one of which I have enjoyed for the similar reasons.

As for Pixar Animations films, well they're just great for whenever you wish to watch some funny, animated movies, even if they are aimed at children.

Posted by omegga

run lola run is a great film, i only watched it because we were doin a german media study in school, but i'm glad we did!

Posted by cheese_muncher

Crouching tiger, hidden dragon
LA confidential
Happy Gillmore

But the worst film i have ever seen, and i don't normally say any film is bad, is Down To Earth.

Posted by Shade

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy are probably my favorite movies. I just love all of the hack and slash violence. Also, it's so easy to adapt yourself as a character in that story.

Posted by Dandelion

Quoting Roth: Ah... so I see that at least one person one the boards has seen this movie! Ha! What about Pi? It's an independant film by Darren Aronofsky (I hope I spelled that right) about mathematics and the true name of God. According to the movie, the true name of God can be found hidden within the infinite number of Pi. The main character, who is a pill-popper I might add, ends up figuring out the name, and has different sects of people after him.... intriguing story, with a great approach of grainy, black-and-white filming.

I've totally heard of that! Someone else told me to watch it too. Now I have to find it, lol.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Predator one and two

Alien, Aliens, Alien three.

AVP: Alien vs. Predator

The Matrix Trilogy, and Animatrix.

LoTR Trilogy.

Nightmare Before Chistmas.

Hero.

Final Fantasy: Spirits Within

Wayne's World.

In that order.

Posted by Crazy K

I have way to many to list. All I used to do is watch tv and I bet I watched nearly everything there was. I can truly say I atleast watched like 700 movies in my 15 year span of life. Maybe even more then that.

Favorite Horror flicks: The Shining (not the crappy cheap rip off that aired on the USA network), Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 3, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Nightmare on elm street, Childs play (chucky). Scream, Scream 2, Scream 3, and many others.

Favorite comedys: Blazing Saddles, Any Adam sandler film (seen em all), Without a paddle, And many other I cant think of because Im so **** tired.

Thats all the catagories im nameing for now, Im to tired to think.

Posted by sabre

[color=skyblue]See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Blazing Saddles, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels were all hilarious movies. I guess I tend to look for how much it amuses me when I'm judging a film; though I've found adventure films to be interesting before now, whether it makes me laugh always seems to be the most crucial factor as to whether I consider it "good" or "excellent."[/color]

Posted by cheese_muncher

Yea, i forgot about blazing saddles that is one of the best films i've ever seen

Posted by Fiindil

Secret Window, hugely underrated IMO

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

Hero, the last samuria but Battle Royale is my favorite movie of all time

Posted by Gamerguy

Napoleon Dynamite, good but rather pointless

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: Predator one and two

Alien, Aliens, Alien three.

AVP: Alien vs. Predator

The Matrix Trilogy, and Animatrix.

LoTR Trilogy.

Nightmare Before Chistmas.

Hero.

Final Fantasy: Spirits Within

Wayne's World.

In that order.

Switch the ALIEN and the PREDATOR series around, and you have my exact list. Vamp, <3 again.

Posted by Night Owl

The austin powers movies, The lord of the rings trilogy, and resivoir dogs!

Posted by Spinal

My top5
1. Hackers
2. Tron
3. Star Wars (all of them)
4. Star Trek (all of them)
5. LotR (all of them)

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Spinal: My top5
1. Hackers
2. Tron

Interesting picks. The calamitous problem with films that has a major theme of computers is that they always seem outdated by about 15 years only a few years after they are released. At least that is how I saw Hackers. It has been a good 7 years since I last saw Tron, though, I am sure it would seem peculiar due to the fast improvements of computers. While watching Hackers, I thought I was watching something from the mid 1980s because the computer stuff seemed so ancient. Zero Cool was such a clod. What was with all his stuff about the fire creating the vitreous enamel? I can't believe he actually got the girl, Angelina Jolie, my little Olympias who resembles a wild fuscous jaguarundi with intriguing furrows. And why do girls look at me bizarrely when I give them compliments? *oscar*

Posted by Y3kMISFIT

Pulp Fiction
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Kill Bill Volume 1
Napoleaon Dynomite

Posted by pooper_scooper3

any quintin tarintino flik

any kevin smith flik and pretty much any tim burton flik

and napolean dynamite