Miss Next-gen Competition

Posted by Speedfreak

No, I'm not referring to those E3 "Babes", I'm wondering which next gen system you think looks best. Forget specs and game line up, this competition is as shallow as it's human conterpart!

So, will it be:

The generic box?

The all in one Printer/copier combo?

The fat iPod?

In my opinion, I think Revolution prototype takes it, though mainly for it's size. It's absolutely miles smaller than the other 2 systems, and although the design isn't particularly original, it doesn't offend either, unlike the PS3. I also fine the shiny black surface to be a lot more attractive than the 360s PC-like shape.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Revolution....

The blue light wins me over, blue and black goes so well together..

Posted by maian

Revolution. Once again, Nintendo has killed the other systems in size. The black look and blue light is really sleek, and it's very good sized. The PS3 looks nice, but it's large and doesn't appeal much to me. As for XB360....I don't like it at all.

Posted by Alastor

Revolution4lyfe.

Posted by Lethal Shadow

The Revolution because it looks sleak and sexy. The blue neon light and the shinny, black, angled side just wins me over. The PS3 comes in second.

Posted by Chronic

PS3 looks sick as all hell.

Posted by Boner

Mark me down for the "generic box".

Posted by Morag2

The revolution for me, hands down... I like the silver ps3 WAY better then I like the ps2's look but revolution still takes it... and xbox360... just say no to that thing.

Posted by nich

1) revolution ( It's cool i guess)
2) Xbox 360 (meh..)
3) PS3 (I hate it! stupid George Forman Grill)

Posted by brownoystercult

and since when did size and looks even matter? the playstation three.

Posted by boomstick

I personally like the look of the PS3 better.

Posted by Axis

1. Revolution
2. Xbox 360
3. Playstation 3

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: and since when did size and looks even matter? the playstation three.

They've always mattered. Look at the Japanese market for example.

Revolution gets my vote. Why? High gloss black paint. Finally. Also, I love the size, very small and supposed to get even smaller. Not to mention the blue LED is also very nice. Matches my stereo system.

Next is a tie. I have no idea what I like better, the PS3 or the 360.

Actually, never mind. The 360 gets second place because of the contoller (I love that thing)

Posted by Pit

The Rev, followed by the 360, followed by the Copy machine with the banana as a controller. Gonna end up geting them all either way though.

Posted by sniper

Revolution. Also, the PS3 is a fridge, while the 360 is a tampon. Get it right.

Posted by Ant

Revolution. Followed by the PS3. I guess I like the revolution because it's nothing bad really...the small rectangle shape is very nice. I'd probably like the ps3 more if it weren't for the gay spiderman font.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]The PS3 looks nice. I'm still not sure where and how i'll place the Revolution next to my TV.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: I'm still not sure where and how i'll place the Revolution next to my TV.

It's tiny as hell, how could you not?

Posted by Big Boss

PlayStation 3 for me. Revolution looks like one of those cheap DVD players with a nice black coating, the Xbox 360 looks more like a small PC, leaving the PS3 by default. To be honest though, I'm not impressed with the way the three of them look, though I don't really care.

Posted by mastachief

yes....i agree and the Killzone footage looked CRAZY!!!

Posted by segashadow128gcn

revolution, i hate sony

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss]
Revoltion. Basic. That's pretty much my summery. It is the prototype after all so it will have a design change. Still, like Speedy said it doesnt offend. Unlike the PS3 nuns aren't splashing holy water on new borns and commanding Chrisitan follwers to avert their eyes. Still, it doesnt really draw any attention to it. It does appear slick and that eerie blue light is mezmorizing.

I think they all suck personally. I much like (that's right) the Game Boy Micro. That thing looks sass. Pure sass.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

The revolution, of course after looking at the big giant boxes being released. The PS3 is one ugly system, but it can probably be good for something besides playing, cooking? And the double dildo controller isn't doing it either. Xbox 360 is also ugly, but not that ugly, and the controller is wewt. Revolution isn't that much better, but compared to the other 2, meh. Like Pit said, we will probably end up getting all three.

Posted by Klarth

The Revolution might well be the most beautiful console I've ever seen. And the silver stand/dock (I'm sure we'll find out what it does) only adds to the prettiness.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I don't fancy the look of any of them, really. If we aren't counting controllers, then I guess the Printer wins.

Posted by sabre

PS3 wins it as far as the actual console is concerned. I'm not going to be carrying it around, and I have plenty of space in my room; I'm perfectly happy to have a larger console.

Posted by Fate

The Rev gets my vote. I think it really was that blue light. :|

Quoted post: I think it really was that blue light. :|

Yeah, the blue LED really makes the sytem. Without it, ti would be so boring. And thank the lord it has a high gloss paint to it... I can just imagine what it would look like with a flat black... blah.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The Xbox wins if i can get it in black, but if not the black ps3 takes it.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Ok... If I had a Revolution in my hand right now, I'd pobably have sex with it. I love the sleek design, its so nice looking IMO. I don't think that XBox 360 looks to great, I actually think its ugly. The ps3 looks alright, but I don't like the controller, It looks like it was made by a third party console supply building company, Like Pelican or MadCatz (Nothing wrong with them it just looks like it was made by them). But the revolution takes the cake for me, It looks pretty cool with its small size, for some reason small things just look better for me. That blue light is pretty nice looking.

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting nich: 3) PS3 (I hate it! stupid George Forman Grill)

Ha Ha! I hate the PS3 too.That **** looks so stupid to me! Its Revolution and 360 all the way!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I like the way Microsoft has looked to the Coca-Cola company for their design influence. "Make a product shaped subtly like a woman's body, and it'll sell."

Myself, I've always been fascinated by blue glowy things, so Revolution's look is for me.

The ps3 looks like a powerless carpet sweeper. You laugh and say, "That's a stretch," but I've seen 'em at K-Mart. They look exactly like that.

Posted by Speedfreak

I always thought Coca-cola bottles were shaped like the fruit used to make cola...

Posted by TendoAddict

I would have to say the revolution because its simple and sexy. I was thinking the rev would look goofy knowing nintendos past system designs. But they blew me away.

Second is the 360. It looks kinda wierd at first but i hear that they come with plates the fit on the cover with poplur game disigns. So I guess that would make them look beter.

I'm not even talking about the ps3.

Posted by Random

Hmmmm well normally I don't base off of looks but to be honest the Revolution looks thin like the PStwo which isn't bad. The Xbox 360 has a nice design along with the PS3. Overall I have to say I like the look of the PS3.. Just not the PS3 Controller.

Posted by SwampertMasta

Well the PS3 and XBox 360 look sick nasty and the Revolution is like the odd ball, out of all 3 of them (to me). The PS3 and XBox 360 just look mad cool and the Revolution is just a shiny box that could still be awesome. The Revolution's design aint that bad its actually cool. I like the PS3 and XBox's designs better. This is just my opinion. But we don't know which one is the best, will it be the PS3, Xbox 306, or Revolution? We will have to see them when they come out. The Revolution could be really good even though Nintendo has sort of been losing it because the Gamecube was and still is the least selling video game system even though its still really good. The Revolution could outsell the PS3 and XBox. People will buy _______ if........

Revolution: Good and cheaper price, awesome games, more online games, and if your a Nintendo fan

Playstation 3: Good games, graphics, more moderators on online to keep it a much better and safer place for people, and Sony fan.

Its to hard to choose which one!

XBox 360: Great Graphics, good controls, Halo, new version of Xbox live, more games, and Microsoft Fan

Thats just my opinions. So don't get angry at these opinions if you think they suck Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo fans.

I am a fan of each

Sony TVs and Playstation
Microsoft Windows for PC
Nintendo DS

Posted by higbvuyb

The xbox 360 looks like a bent mac=retarded.
The revolution looks cool without the stand.
The ps3 would look good without the retarded controller.

Posted by Bebop

The Xbox 360 kind of looks like a tampon.

Posted by Random

Not exactly... It does sort of look like a PC but with fitting things like hard drives and what not they do need a thick box case. I hate Sony's new controller look..

Posted by Osic

Quoting Majesty: The Revolution might well be the most beautiful console I've ever seen. And the silver stand/dock (I'm sure we'll find out what it does) only adds to the prettiness.

They have the stand so that they can sell it with the console and therefore be better then Playstation.

Revolution all the way. Seriously it is just sexy, very Mac Mini. The simpicity makes it, as well as the high gloss finish. I just dont look foward to the weekly wash and wax, Mabie thats whats so revolutionary about the controler, its realy just 2 buffers, wax on, wax off.

PS3's controler looks like a boomarang, mabie its designed so when you get angy for losing a game, when you throw it at the person that beat you, it comes back and wacks you!

Posted by nich

When I think about it I've never been impressed by the look of any console ever. They have all been pretty mediocre. The re-releases by sony (psone, ps2 slim) are the only ones that I thought looked good. consoles have come a long way and asthetics is a major part of alot of people decidng on a console. Imagine a DS in a sweet pspish shell, people wouldn't be half as hesitant to buy one.

Posted by Shade

Playstation 3 = Downright sexy.

The revolution is just too plain to me. Wow, it has a blue light, big whoop. And the 360....words can't describe.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

At least sony didn't rip off Atari this time, I suppose:

Posted by Echo

The Revolution, followed by the 360.

The Revolution's simple design with high-gloss black (I love high gloss black) and the downright cool blue light takes it. The 360 isn't too bad, but it isn't very good looking, either. The PS3 just looks huge. I don't mean X-Box huge, worse. Is it just me, or is it bulbous? Just takes up a lot more space than it should. I look over at my TV set up, and I honestly don't know where I could put the thing. The Revolution and 360 seem small enough, but the PS3 would have to be set up on the floor or something.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Echo: Is it just me, or is it bulbous?

And I thought I was the only one to use the word "bulbous"

Posted by Random

These consoles.. So Hott.. how can you choose? I easily get aroused thinking about them :-P

Posted by Dmaster_chief

Well, Im the first one to say it, but I like the 360 the best. Revoloution is a box and PS3 looks eerily similar to PS2, not much upgrade. The 360 has a sweet @$$ controller plus a nice fresh look. Anybody agree?

...And Xbox has Halo!

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting Dmaster_chief:
...And Xbox has Halo!

Halo does'nt stop it from being second best looking to Revolution

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i liek the revlution's design because it is slanted and compact. the ps3 is defnitely the ugliest, but the design could change. the xboxc is nice.

Quoted post: i liek the revlution's design because it is slanted and compact.

It's not slanted, just the base.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i dont understand buddy. if somthing is not perpendicular or horizontal, does it not count as slanted? or is that jst the shape of it?

lkj

The Rev looks like this:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/Rev.png[/IMG]

It's not slanted. Every side is straight (other then the little corner that cut off)

Posted by Mystic Hero

For looks I go with the Revolution first followed by X-Box 360 and then the PS3. Yeah, the Revolution might be small, but the new design kind of stands out to me with the body color and blue light.

The 360 just look cool. The platinum color goes great with it and the overall design look pretty cool. I'm to sure about PS3. The look of it really doesn't appeal to my liking.

Posted by powerpuff

1. Revolution
2. X-box
3. Rosanne
4. PS3

Posted by powerpuff

Quoted post: Vampiro disagrees: Hey, you're not funny.

I thought it was funny

Quoted post: SomebodyRandom disagrees: That was rather gay of you

Its gay that I said a woman looks better than the PS3? I think we all know who plays with two sided dildos now.

Posted by MichiyoYoshiku

what's with the small XBOX360 pic?

I smell Bias

Posted by Klarth

An actual size photo won't fit on anyone's screen anyway.

Posted by Shade

[quote]two sided dildos now.

I'm assuming you're refering to PS3 controller. If one more person uses that to describe it, I'm going to slay them. It's a f*cking boomerang, idiots, stop trying to be funny. And for the last time, it's a only a prototype, so stop b*tching and just wait until the design is confirmed.

Posted by Speedfreak

I thought the Rosanne thing was funny, PS3 looks bloody awful:) Any changes to be made to it will be minor, the design is pretty much final.

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting Speedfreak: I thought the Rosanne thing was funny, PS3 looks bloody awful:) Any changes to be made to it will be minor, the design is pretty much final.

See somebody has a sense of humor.

Posted by Osic

Did I start this whole boomarang thing? Hence me Austrlalian. Us in Australia have no grammer? Or me just? Nope. Me only.

Get it its funny because Im Australian and Boomarangs come from Austalia and PS3 come from Japan but made in China.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Nintendo Revolution