ACT OF WAR (what does everyone think of this game?? I am shopping for my 15 yr old

Posted by dancingwiththedead77

I am shopping for my 15 year old kid into games about war----strategy shooters

the screen shots look really cool --- check iit out and tell me your opinion please. It would be much appreciative...I am in my late 40's and just not to hip to these things.

Does this game look good to you??? It looks good to me so far-----

thank you everyone

http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/actofwardirectaction/moreinfo_6116389.html

Posted by Fiindil

download the demo on the site, and let your child play it, see what he(i'm assuming it is a he) thinks of it

Posted by loony636

Quoting Fiindil: download the demo on the site, and let your child play it, see what he(i'm assuming it is a he) thinks of it

I agree, thats the best place to start, the demo. Though it'll only give you a taster, normally its enough to get the basic jist and style of the game, enought to let you're child know if he's going to like it or not. Another place would be game review magazines and probably other people who have played it. But another good stratagy shooter is Command and Conqueror Generals, its okay but I can't compare it to Act of War 'cos i haven't played Act of War. Or if you're looking for something a little different I'd recommend Warcraft 3 or Age of Mythology (both are still stratagy).

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting dancingwiththedead77: I am shopping for my 15 year old kid into games about war----strategy shooters

This is a RTS, not an FPS. a starategy shooter is an FPS. You don't shoot anyhting in an RTS.