PS3 < Halo 3?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

News from Time Magazine. Remember the rumor that Halo 3 would come out just to combat the PS3? Well, it's true. Scan this article from next months issue of Time, featuring Bill Gates on the cover holding an Xbox 360:

"Note to the hard-core faithful: the next version of Halo will not, repeat not, be ready in time for the launch of Xbox 360. It will be part of the all-important second wave next spring. 'It's perfect,' Gates says, radiant with bloodlust. 'The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3.'"

Should be interesting, but I have high hopes.

Posted by Big Boss

Halo 3 might be released just before the PS3, or on the same day. It's an interesting, albeit dangerous move by Microsoft. If they do it in Japan, though, Microsoft will get eaten alive, but in America there might be a fight for the spotlight.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: It's an interesting, albeit dangerous move by Microsoft. If they do it in Japan, though, Microsoft will get eaten alive, but in America there might be a fight for the spotlight.

Sorta what I was thinking. They know they have the fanbase to compete against the PS3. But I think they're underestimating the Sony fanboys. But, I think it all depends on the release date. Without a holiday in sight, I think Halo 3 has the upper hand.

However, in Japan... they just aren't established enough. Though that could change with the large backing of Japanese developers, so who knows. But, if I remember correctly, someone once said the Japs refused to buy the XB because "it was as big as their house" and the 360 is not much smaller.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Halo 3 overshadowing the PS3? I don't think so. Halo is big, but not that big. Grand Theft Auto:SA outsold Halo 2 last year by almost a million copies.[/COLOR]

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i did not no san andreas did that well. cool inofmration on both hands guys. it will be great to see the competision between these 2 major video game successes. i'm betting ps3 will do beter. halo 3 might be sold on the same day or before, but it definitely doesn't stand a chance against a whole console. the ps2 sold over 80,000,000 consoels worldwide, and halo 2 only got about 3,000,000. it's gona be a long wait, but for teh stuff that's going into production, it'll be worth the wait.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]Halo 3 overshadowing the PS3? I don't think so. Halo is big, but not that big. Grand Theft Auto:SA outsold Halo 2 last year by almost a million copies.[/COLOR]

Oh yeah, if the next GTA were released along with the PS3, Halo 3 would go "bye bye," but Sony isn't getting that lucky with Rockstar. They'll surely get their GTA, just not anywhere near the system's launch.

Posted by Morag2

I would laugh at microsoft if Halo 3 got eaten alive by the Ps3... I really don't know what will happen though... I probably won't buy either of them... I have a limited budget and an obsession with nintendo.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Aioros: Halo 3 overshadowing the PS3? I don't think so. Halo is big, but not that big. Grand Theft Auto:SA outsold Halo 2 last year by almost a million copies.

Just a million? I think you're forgetting that PS2 has outsold Xbox threefold. Selling a little under a million is a pretty small margin.
By the time PS3 comes out, Xbox 360 will have a massive head start and PS3 will have sold 0 units. Halo 3 is a massive threat to the system

Posted by TendoAddict

Halo is a big threat for the ps3

its triple the threat if halo 3 is accually good.

I feel that it was a smart move to have halo neer ps3 release. But if they screw it up then they will lose a major advantage.

Posted by nich

releasing halo is a good move but only in North America. think about it Xbox will have a head start on ps3 and all those people who have an xbox and were considering buying a ps3 will obviously go for the game they have been waiting for on the system they already own. It will definately work here but not across the pond, they dont like it there too much.

Posted by brownoystercult

rushing halo 3 will not help the xbox 360. i don't think a game thats been in development for under two years can compete with a console.

Posted by Hyper

Old news. Though it does make sense.

Oh, and Big Boss:

[url="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614665p1.html"]http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614665p1.html[/url] ;)

- edit: ****. Guess there won't be a GTA at launch. ****it, IGN.