PS3: Welcome..CHANG3?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

This just in from outside the LA convention center, site of E3:

Leads me to believe, and to draw the conclusion that the PS3 will infact be called the PS3. Neat marketing ploy, imo.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Of course it'd be called the PS3.

Anywho, I love marketing adds like this. The mysterious kind.

I agree. Wonder if there is somekind of OurColony style thing in it.

Posted by Axis

Geeze, what a total suprise!!! Playstation 3! That was at the bottom of my list for possible names.[COLOR=DimGray][/sarcasm][/COLOR]

Anyways, I like the advertising for it alot.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

that is very cool. esepecially the way they've cut out half[+] of the playstation button images. it's odd becuse they've got 2 right next to eachother, but the more the merior. nice.

Posted by Speedfreak

Um...what change? As far as anyone knows, PS3 is just going to be a powerful PS2.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

you are totally right speedfreak buddy. but isnt being more powerful a change?

Quoted post: you are totally right speedfreak buddy. but isnt being more powerful a change?

Yeah, but not in the way it's being used.

But who knows. It could infact be a huge change - which I dobut.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's a change, yeah, but not a unique change. Everyone's doing it, Sony are trying to pass off that they invented the idea or something.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i see this now... cool thought pal, you too vampiro. excellent.

Posted by nich

what an effective ad. it leaves me wondering....

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Speedfreak: Um...what change? As far as anyone knows, PS3 is just going to be a powerful PS2.

Indeed, but I'm sure Somc will also add some of it's little extra features onto the PS3. I hear the PS3 is said to have a feature that allows you to burn DVD's(I don't know if PS2 had this feature, but I'm sure this is a a new add in). Who knows what more it'll have.

Posted by mastachief

burn DVDs? that would mean that it would have 2 have 2 disc trays and i havent seen that in any of the PS3 prototype pics, also the PS3 will be beat out by XBOX360 this time around...sony is not gonna be the leader this time because the XBOX360 is on shelves 3-4 months earlier....also nintendo is going down the drain with thier new systam...NO ONLINE PLAY!?!?!?...............c'mon

Posted by Mystic Hero

Well it's just hwat I've heard. And don't underestimate Somc. I'm sure they'll put in a few more of their little features into the PS3 like they did with the last one. And Somc has proven to advertise their products real well so I'm sure they'll do just fine.

Posted by Klarth

Somc...?

And anyway, it wouldn't need two disc bays if it could burn DVDs. I have a DVD burner on my PC. It can read PS2 games, audio CDs and anything else perfectly well. And didn't the PSX have a dvd writer?

[quote=mastachief]i havent seen that in any of the PS3 prototype pics

Possibly because there are none?

[quote]also nintendo is going down the drain with thier new systam...NO ONLINE PLAY!?!?!?...............c'mon

I don't recall Nintendo announcing that their new console wouldn't be online. C'mon, don't try and bull**** us.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Majesty: Somc...?

It's not a typo, it's my computer itself. An y time I type in the letter "N" and "Y" together it changes it to "mc."

Posted by Klarth

Huh, that's funmc. Why?

In the meantime, is the PS3 going to be unveiled on day one, or...?

Posted by Hyper

Saw those a few days ago.

I posted pictures of the apparent Playstation 3 in the other thread. I believe they're real.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619p1.html

Posted by Prince Shondronai

You guys haven't heard? sony needs to change their controllers, because they were sued into next month over the rumble feature. They're just trying to put a positive spin on it. "Um...We like change, and always intended to change our outdated, clunky controller, anyway. Yeah, that's it!"

Posted by Klarth

...So if the old rumble feature was a rotating motor, then what are they going to replace it with?

Posted by mastachief

Quoting Majesty:
I don't recall Nintendo announcing that their new console wouldn't be online. C'mon, don't try and bull**** us.

ummm....yea they said that a while ago

Posted by Speedfreak

Nice design, retards.[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Speedfreak312002/Compare.jpg"][/url]

Posted by mastachief

u serious?.....if so thats cool....!

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Speedfreak: Um...what change? As far as anyone knows, PS3 is just going to be a powerful PS2.

wrong. speedfreak im sure we can come up with something to make fun of the revolution too, so stop with your fanboyish hates toward other systems.

Posted by Speedfreak

Bet you're wishing you said that before PS3 was revealed, huh?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I've always thought that a metronome-type device could work just as well as a rotating motor, if it were properly mounted and fast enough, Majesty.

Posted by Klarth

Or maybe something akin to the sort of bell you find in schools - once the hammer strikes the bell, the circuit is broken.

...or whatever

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Quoting mastachief: ummm....yea they said that a while ago

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Erm, Revolution IS gonna be online![/FONT]

Posted by mastachief

not according to nintendo,read it bout 2 months ago in EGM

Posted by Towelie1

read review's on E3 TODAY!! Revoloution will be online, and wireless for that matter, straight out the box

Posted by nich

Its free and everything.

Posted by lil tony

currently nobody shows u anything just small pics

Posted by Siazo

Quoting nich: Its free and everything.

Yes but you'll still have to pay your ISP as well as many third party online games won't you?

Posted by Morag2

You may still have to pay your ISP but won't that just be the same as normal internet connections... like really, who doesn't have an internet connection... Everybody here obviously does (we are on an online board) so it doesn't matter worth beans to us... and as for some third party games charging... well... I think that as long as a few companies have free online for third-party games, others will too or else there games will get eaten alive by the free third-party ones.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Siazo: Yes but you'll still have to pay your ISP as well as many third party online games won't you?

Obviously you have to pay your ISP if you're playing at home, but you'd have an internet connection anyway. But it won't cost you anything to play in a free wireless hotspot, like in certain caf

Quoting Majesty: ...So if the old rumble feature was a rotating motor, then what are they going to replace it with?

Hopefully nothing. I really dislike the rumble feature, or should I say that I care less. It really doesnt matter to me whether or not the new boomerangs have them or not.

Quoted post: currently nobody shows u anything just small pics

Do you mean of the actually consoles? Head over to IGN or where ever, they currently have HQ pictures bigger than 1024 x 768.