Radix Absurdum

Posted by Dreadnought

Large story that evolved out of the "Quit whinging" thread. Based heavily on an in-joke involving a cult, a vision, and a squirrel. Minus a squirrel.

I turned this in to my english professor as a piece of coursework, and got an A+.
My apologies to Kodachi, Misoxeny and Death-By-Minnow, who I have come to realize are actually intelligent, well-meaning people.

Please point out any errors, inconsitencies, typos, etc. This is the unproofed verion, the corrected one having been deleted, and I would appreciate it if someone told me where a sentence was incomplete, et aliquid.

Posted by Dreadnought

Radix Absurdam

The wood of suicide

I was sitting in my room one evening, absorbed in deep thought, when suddenly I became lost in the wilderness of despair. Visions of suffering people flashed before my eyes, of amputated limbs, ambulatory skeletons and bloody revolts. I saw children sold as prostitutes, I saw old men clubbed with bricks by smiling adolescents, and families evicted and executed at gunpoint. An overwhelming sense of crushing vertigo and sadness for the underdogs of the world filled my soul, and I feared I should be lost forever in the woods. Then, at the moment when it seemed as if the earth was straining its jaws to swallow me, a shining figure appeared before my eyes, carrying a flaming book in one hand and a mighty sceptre in the other. The blessed lips of that beatific face announced that he was the prophet Zarathustra, missionary of Ben, come to free me from the mires of sorrow. My heart leaped into the sky with joy for the words that left his mouth, for the following is a transcript of what he said.

[b][size=3][font=Times New Roman][color=black]The Prophet

Posted by Dreadnought

The trial of Khaos

[font=Verdana][color=black]Beating his putrid chest, the imp tugged the beard of the Mighty One and roared impish little questions from his impish little throat. The discourse between the divine and the obscene that followed was at once vapid and epic. [b][[Apostle

Posted by Dreadnought

[[Here endeth the dialogue]]

[font=Verdana][color=#000000]The impact of Zarathustra