Idea for a new mario on the Nintendo Revolution

Posted by Morag2

I was thinking of cool things they could do with the revolution and then I got hit by an idea that I would personally love... but of course I want other opinions... okay so here it goes.

They make a Mario MMORPG.

The game world would be very similar to Super Mario 64, you would walk around from that 3rd person view with everything in full 3-D and all the usuals, like beautiful graphics and colours. You wouldn't have to go into a seperate screen to fight enemies (like in paper mario), you would just bash at them in the main world with some weapons... you could either jump on them, hit them with a hammer (paper mario style), and some other stuff... perhaps a throwable shell and a magi-koopa wand.

It would have levels and stuff, like you would get exp from fighting enemies and when you killed enough you would go up a level and get an increase in stats... they would need several stats such as HP, Strength, Defence, Special and Speed... these stats would operate as follows.

HP - Your health meter... this one is obvious.

Strength - Lets you do more damage, again obvious and it would let you jump slightly higher (hardly noticeable unless you compared like level 1 strength to level 10 strength)... they could use this to make certain areas only available to certain players... like you need level 50 strength to jump high enough to reach this area.

Defence - Makes you take less damage... I can't think of any other things this could do.

Special - Increases your power with special attacks (fireball, etc.)

Speed - Lets you attack faster, like you would whip out your hammer smash your opponent and then raise it for a second smash before your opponent can hit you the first time. In addition it would allow you to move faster in the game.

You would be able to see other players and you can pick from several of the human characters in the mario game... Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and maybe even Toadsworth and Princess Peach. The characters would have different colour schemes and such with thousands of combinations for unique characters.

Obviously a rather incomplete description of the game but enough for you to get an idea of what I'm thinking. So give me your thoughts on it.

Posted by trestinator

wow

Posted by Samusfreak

oops, hehe I forgot to write something: I love getting stronger in games more defence speed stronger special and stuff would be really wunderful and all your other ideas boah man I call this idea great.

Posted by Dexter

So, from what I understand, it's basically an RPG with an engine/style like Super Mario 64 instead of side-scrolling like the Paper Mario games have been? That would be fun, indeed.

Instead of choosing one character, however, you should be able to gather up characters as the adventure progresses and form up a team, enabling you to do new, special attacks and reach places you were not able to reach before. Very typical, really.

Needs more lizards.

Posted by bazariah

i think thta if nintendo were to do something like that it would be better if they did it in a namco X capcom style for ease of play, and include not just the mario characters bu as many characters from their rich and varied history

Posted by Kit

I love the idea, but I want to be a koopa :(

Posted by Zeta

I'd want to be a Bob-omb, but they don't have hands. HOW WOULD I GRAB ONTO LEDGES AND CLIMB!?

Posted by protomanv4

Super idea. Wonder if it does come out will it be better than super mario galxy? (even though its not out yet)

Posted by MarioStar

it needs like all the bad *** suites from mario three tho ....oh and like a big evil bird covered in cancer thats a mario game

Posted by inequity

I like your idea, but mario as an MMORPG just seems to weird for me. I would much rather have an online SM64 style single player co-op.

Posted by nintendokid

maybe someone can make a game call mario and the hidden stars

Posted by Omni

Quoting Zeta: I'd want to be a Bob-omb, but they don't have hands. HOW WOULD I GRAB ONTO LEDGES AND CLIMB!?

Also, you'd die after attacking one enemy.

Quoting nintendokid: maybe someone can make a game call mario and the hidden stars

Wow, you basically want them to remake Super Mario 64 with a new title?

Maybe adding more playable characters that you can unlock and switch to throughout your adventure, and you might need to do some fancy switching to solve puzzles. Give each character their own abilities.

Posted by Tyler Durden

This is completely off the subject, well, maybe not so much..

What if the battle sequences were like that of SSB? Yet, with more of a 3-dimensional feel. Turn basing blows, free-roam battles give you more options to carry out various strategies. To add, doing so on a multi-tiered battle layout, the possibilities behind attack/defense are almost endless. Evasion wouldn't seem so much a chore anymore. Attacking opponents would be greater enhanced depending on character location within the battle area. Almost like that of Shining Force, whereas being locating in certain plains on the field increased the percentage of damage, or defense a player had at their initial party member's disposal. The only option I would change regarding the SSB battle field idea, dropping power-ups. That's what an item/equip menu is for. The whole concept would bring more action to the feel of the game, as a RPG entirely. That's a common problem I hold, when trying to get into modern RPG's.. Too much dialog and search-discover plotting within the story, not quite enough action to counterbalance the game's progress. Bores me to a tiring halt, sometimes.. to where I don't feel like picking it up again.