Harry Potter

Posted by Sean Fury

So, first off I have to say, I adore the Harry Potter series; I really do. The books are just fantastic, and the first movie really did the book justice, but as they moved on...

The second movie was not quite that bad, they stuck to the book as best they could, but they left things out they could of been left in and what-not. Your basic run-of-the-mill book-based movie.

The third movie...horrendus piece of s.hit...Sirrius is supposed to be handsome, dashing, bishounen matterial; not look like some guy you would see sleeping on a bench in New York. And Lupin? Come on, that werewolf looked like the girl in my gym class, who smokes crack. And is anerexic. They left out the MAJOR Quidditch match Harry and Ron went to in the begining, which is where Harry was supposed to first meet Luna Lovegood, and that kinda ruins the mood for when they meet in the fifth book, doesn't it? Fawkes looked like s.hit too, I mean, I know it was his death day and he wasn't going to look too amazing, but he could of looked a HELL of a lot better than that. It looked like somebody tried strangling him. And the new Dumbledore? No. Just no.

In my opinion, the directors (Chris Columbus and Alfonso Cuaron) had the best people to play their parts. I mean, everyone looked like they should of (at least in my opinion, especially Snape, Alan Rickman is G.OD) and sounded, acted, just perfectly. Then, Dumbledore goes and dies: and in my opinion, the actor they had play him (Richard Harris) was just superb. Far beyond the others. But anyway, now that he has passed away, the movies will continue to go downhill and I will not be surprised if the Goblet of Fire is the last Harry Potter movie made. Even though, the Order of the Phoenix, would make an EXCELLANT film, it's very long and would require heavy editing, and this is one story that cannot take a beating. Every part of it is vital, so, I believe Harry has met his end.

Well, it was a good run, but if the movies keep going in the direction they are now...they just won't last.

Posted by MetalVox~55

tl;dr

Movies suck, books rock, close thread.

Posted by ARC

True.books rock. tv doesnt quite have the good stuff. atleast not like books do....

Posted by Mystic Hero

I personally hated the movies. I thought they were poorly done and the acting sucked, but hey that's just me. I liked the books better. They described everything in great detail so that you actually thought you were right there(which good books such as those usually do). I hated the first two, they were a little boring and during the second one I fell right asleep in the theatre they were so boring. From seeing just the first two I decided no more of those movies for me because who knows how badly the next movie would be. All in all the books beat the movies by a long shot.

Posted by Arczu

I saw the first movie, and I don't remember what happened, but it was intesting. When I read the book, it was even more interesting. I'm trying to keep up with the series, even though it seems to be getting the hit most series seem to be getting now.