Possible Revolution Video

Posted by Hyper

http://redruth.greenbean.org/~ben/4CR/Nintendo-ON-Revolution.wmv

Eh, I won't be all too thrilled if this is the real deal.

Posted by coromoro

A friend showed it to me earlier, and it looks really well-made, but some parts of the video still make me doubt that it is real.

Posted by himbopt

^^^ INDEED! My crazy mexican friend is correct. But some things confuse me....In the video it shows how you can use the Revolution on a computer and a television, so the headset could only be for some games - like metroid, and the Mario game (WHICH LOOKS FRIGGIN SWEET - HOLY BUTTOX!!!!!!!!) could be played on a t.v or pc.

But what controler would you use, I saw no ports but maybe its all wireless. BOOYAH!!! I guess we'll all figure out on Tuesday!

-Himbopt
the pink frog who howls at moonlight

Posted by Ch

Oh no! The shape of it is really round and horrible. Games look good but it would be great if it had a controller :)

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting User 245: Oh no! The shape of it is really round and horrible. Games look good but it would be great if it had a controller :)

Yeah, forgot that part didn't they?:p

Posted by coromoro

Quoting himbopt: ^^^ INDEED! My crazy mexican friend is correct. But some things confuse me....In the video it shows how you can use the Revolution on a computer and a television, so the headset could only be for some games - like metroid, and the Mario game (WHICH LOOKS FRIGGIN SWEET - HOLY BUTTOX!!!!!!!!) could be played on a t.v or pc.

Indeed!

A weird thing is that in some [url=http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613340p1.html]IGN article[/url], it said that it was confirmed that the console was going to be really thin and small. Whereas in the video, the system seems big and round.

Oh well, we'll all know the truth someday. :cool:

Posted by Speedfreak

All the article said was that the front face was just over an inch tall. That could easily mean the visor :p

But it is fake, seriously. Just an utterly amazing one.

Posted by brownoystercult

lmao what a joke. we'll be seeing virtual reality in the playstation 8. mario looked like crap and samus was shaped funny.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

that video is pretty neat. i dont like the design of the revolution though. and as coromore said, the console was sposed to be something that resembled a dvd case, but 3 times as thick and a little longer. i dont understnad how that metroid game would work too. if you kept taking steps in ur room, you're bound to hit something. the prostpect of virchual reality is awesome though. the mario castle excessive thing was cool too. the changeable themes were kind of funny. cool find hyper, even if it is a cheap ripoff.

Posted by Speedfreak

It wasn't virtual reality, it was augmented reality. The game puts 3D objects over real objects in your room, thats what the sensor eyes were for.

Posted by Boner

A very neat video indeed. Fake? I'm gonna go with the the majority and say yes. But, I like how they added the Virtual Boy in the video :D In all honesty, if that's what the system is going to look like, I will start saving my money right now. To me, it looked friggin' awesome! Either way, I can't wait to find out the real truth.

Posted by himbopt

OooOooooOooOooooOoooOooooO YAH!

I know I'm a n00b to this site, but how dare you say Mario looked ugly, Mario looks sexy no matter how skinny he is, how deformed he is, or whatever the buttox he's plumbing, ITS MARIO! the KING of gaming.....PSShshSHHS! You gotta say that the castle and stuff looked FRIGGIN SWEET though --- come on guys, am i right????

Posted by Hyper

If only it was real. Confirmed information states that it can't possibly look like that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: If only it was real. Confirmed information states that it can't possibly look like that.

Thank ***.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting himbopt: OooOooooOooOooooOoooOooooO YAH!

I know I'm a n00b to this site, but how dare you say Mario looked ugly, Mario looks sexy no matter how skinny he is, how deformed he is, or whatever the buttox he's plumbing, ITS MARIO! the KING of gaming.....PSShshSHHS! You gotta say that the castle and stuff looked FRIGGIN SWEET though --- come on guys, am i right????

The castle and everything around it looked amazing. :cool:

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I think it might be partly real, although I wouldn't entirely count on it. Someone probably got some leaked information and video, and whipped up their own little video. But, the style of the system isn't Nintendo's style, not by a mile. Nintendo builds systems to last and be compact, not to look cool. That system is far from user friendly. It's big, the CD slot is on top, making it not that compact. Also, I highly doubt Nintendo would put a DVD player into their Revolution, if that's even what it's called. At last year's E3, Nintendo made a big deal out of the PS2 and XBox having DVD players, and all that flashy stuff, and how Nintendo focused on the games. If Nintendo put a DVD on it, they'd be hypocrites, and that's not Nintendo's style. All and all, that video is fake, no doubt about it.

Posted by himbopt

^^^ INDEED!

I fully agree, but according to the recently confirmed information by Nintenod, the Revolution will have a DVD player....which isn't all that bad when you think about it, YA it's not Nintendo's style, but maybe its part of the plan ("making of" DVD's and such)

you never know.....ribbit....

we'll have to wait till e3 TUESDAY!! so close......yet SO FAR.....

Himbopt
-the pink frog who howls at moonlight

Posted by inequity

Quoting Linkman: . But, the style of the system isn't Nintendo's style, not by a mile.

Was the virtual boy really any different? Nintendo is always making odd things.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Linkman: I think it might be partly real, although I wouldn't entirely count on it. Someone probably got some leaked information and video, and whipped up their own little video. But, the style of the system isn't Nintendo's style, not by a mile. Nintendo builds systems to last and be compact, not to look cool. That system is far from user friendly. It's big, the CD slot is on top, making it not that compact. Also, I highly doubt Nintendo would put a DVD player into their Revolution, if that's even what it's called. At last year's E3, Nintendo made a big deal out of the PS2 and XBox having DVD players, and all that flashy stuff, and how Nintendo focused on the games. If Nintendo put a DVD on it, they'd be hypocrites, and that's not Nintendo's style. All and all, that video is fake, no doubt about it.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that playing DVD's was a confirmed feature of the Revolution.

Quoted post: I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that playing DVD's was a confirmed feature of the Revolution.

I've heard that it will play double-layered DVDs, however playing actual movies has not been confirmed yet.

Posted by Boba Fett

Interesting... looks like my toaster. Really though, I believe the video is a very well made fake. We will see the real deal at E3.

Posted by Hyper

So if what Nintendo put on their site is accurate, this is the best guess at the thing so far.

Posted by Klarth

...That is the most antisocial design for a games console I have ever seen.

That's the best hoax I've seen to date. Shame it's cut short towards the end, though.

Posted by nich

ok let me get this straight. if the sensor thing lays images over real life then does that mean it will make a family member look like a monster whom your supposed to kill? and if so does that mean to defeat that monster you have to beat down your family member? it's gotta be fake because you'd eventually run out of room in your bedroom, any level in any game there ever was has had a bigger level than the average bedroom.

I like how Mario looks like a ****ty Luigi. But whoever made that video has tons of skills. It was actually pretty neat to see Peach's castle made up of a milion+ other castles.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

THAT'S NOT A CONSOLE. IT'S A FUCKING FOOTBALL HELMET.

So, i don't like the design. But I am excited about the functions. Appears that there will not be controllers for some games, which I find interesting. Guess it really is a Revolution.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah it's not real.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah it's not real.

k thx bi.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Euch. I found this on another site and was going to make a thread, but HYPER BEAT ME TO IT, THE BASTICH.

...*cough*

The only things that Revolution has had confirmed is the DVD playback and small size, as well as being WiFi (and NiFi) ready - but regarding the DVD playback, don't jump to conclusions. GCN discs are DVDs. YES, THEY ARE. Just not as we know and love them. Due to having normal-sized discs in the Revolution I can't see Nintendo not throwing in a DVD player just for the hell of it, but remember that they don't HAVE to.

The one thing I really like, though, is that the 30-second loading time is mentioned in the video. Nintendo confirmed the quick loading after this video was released, if I be correct. leads me to believe that some of this footage might be leaked from E3, and the rest is f00ked with. And who would be better to do all that rendering and video jiggery pokery than a Big N employee? Grab some early E3 video footage last year or whatever and that's plenty of time to create that castle sequence to make it much better, and then some.

Of course, could easily be a big publicity stunt by Nintendo - 'leak' the video, and then say 'only get the official word from us' or something. I dunno.

The only other thing I was going to say was that that shot with Samus in was actually from Metroid Prime, I'm sure - so how could it look weird. :)?

Quoted post: so how could it look weird. ?

It looks abnormal.