Saved by the Bell

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Every morning at 7AM, I watch an hour of Saved by the Bell. That show is freaking awesome.

I'm just wondering who else watches/watched this show.

Also, I wanted to mention that they are now showing "Saved by the Bell: The college years", which is a freaking joke. Jessie and Lisa both aren't on it, and neither is Mr. Belding, who made the show awesome too. Lame.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I am so on it. :mad:

I've always heard about this show, but I haven't actually ever watched it. Is it as good as the O.C.?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

It's so lame and boring at the same time. Mostly lame, but boring. It's hard to get a laugh from it, if thats what they are attempting.

Posted by Fate

I hardly watched the show after the cast ended senior year.

Angelwing: wtf

Posted by Fei-on Castor

But before that, what did you think of it?

Posted by Fate

I had a crush on Zack. Or Zach. Whatever. He was cute. I liked the show, now that I recall.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Fate:
Angelwing: wtf

What...

How many years has this show been on for?

Posted by Fate

Like, more than ten years.

Posted by omegga

i used to watch it, but when they got rid of kelly an jessie with no explanation, an then brought in that random biker girl to replace them, i stopped! it got kinda crap

Angelwing: its crap compared to the O.C.

Posted by shortwavez

I use to LOVE saved by the bell. its funny now to see reruns because they're so cheezy and lame but i still can't help but watch them. i think they have a save by the bell dvd out too

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, they probably do. I know they released Full House on DVD, and that's cool.

Posted by Illyria110

i used to watch it when i was younger, i still watch it sometimes, but i find it to be very cheesy

Posted by Bebop

I can't stand it. It's not funny and the characters are so...are so...80s

Posted by Mixhael

[IMG]http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_1_26_2005_06_19_50/old-cell-4.jpg69db54d8-0f85-4382-93a4-fc0f44b45e08Large.jpg[/IMG]

Zack using the old giant cell phone is engraved in my memory. I grew up on the show when it was on NBC, so I'll always love it. They show the repeats on some local cable access channel and it's always a treat. If you don't like the show, you had to be there

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Every morning, they run through a bit of Saved by the Bell.

Here's a bit of trivia for ya:

Before the popular "Saved by the Bell" took shape, the characters Zack, Lisa, Screech and Mr. Belding were supporting characters to teachers, who were the original stars, as opposed to the kids, who later became the main feature. The show was originally titled "Good Morning, Miss Bliss", and starred Hailey Mills ("The Parent Trap", "Pollyanna") as Miss Bliss. The kids (Zack, Screech and Lisa) were in her class, and it was a Junior High School, in Indiana. After only 13 episodes, the show was cancelled.

It was brought back less than a year later by creator Sam Bobrick, and titled "Saved by the Bell", and the characters Slater, Kelly, and Jesse were added in, and the school was moved to Southern California, Bayside High School.

Saved by the Bell gave way to a lot of spinoffs, including The College Years, Wedding in Las Vegas, and The New Class, but the original show only ran from 1989 to 1993, which was fitting, because we saw the whole gang go through high school, from the start of freshman year till graduation. All four years.

Saved by the Bell: The New Class ran the longest, from 1994 until 2000.

Some advice if you're not into this show and are curious about what it is like:

Don't judge it by TNC, TCY, or any of those. The original show "Saved by the Bell" is the freaking badness.

K, I'm done.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Horrible show :(

Posted by Fate

The original class was badassery, so no.

Posted by Klarth

It reeks of "let's appeal to the teenage LCD". I don't watch it, or many sitcom-ish things at all, actually.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Fate: The original class was badassery, so no.

Absolutely true. The original was way better than any later incarnations (except Wedding in Las Vegas, because it had the original 6 people)

Posted by Fate

Majesty: You weren't a teenager when the show came out, so your state of mind was completely different. You couldn't possibly comprehend what the hell a real sitcom was, anyways.

stfu

Posted by Klarth

I only found out that it existed last summer, when we had friends staying for a month who monopolised the tv during a ***-knows-how-long "marathon" thing it was doing. I think it looks pretty generic, but judging by how old it apparently is, that's probably because it was the forerunner to all these other american highschool programs.

Eh, Britcoms > sitcoms. They're what I've lived with, so they're what I know and love the best.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Fate: Majesty: You weren't a teenager when the show came out, so your state of mind was completely different. You couldn't possibly comprehend what the hell a real sitcom was, anyways.

stfu

How old is he?

I wasn't a teenager either. I was four when the show came out. But I watched the re-runs when I was 13 or so, and they were freaking sweet.

Posted by Klarth

I'm fourteen, and was thirteen when I was introduced to it.

Posted by Fate

Maj: Yeah, back then American sitcoms rocked.

Fei: Still pretty young. I didn't stop watching it until I turned fourteen. I never saw it again 'cause it rarely came on.