what do u think halo 2 should get as a rating

Posted by midnight23

i think 9.3 it is a good game
when you first get it but some
times it gets old but it is a good
game

Posted by Prince Redon

I would have to give this game a 7/10 or so. It's ok, just when you begin to get shot your vision is kind of messed up. I like the single player and the Co-op, but Halo (The first one) was much better.

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

6/10

there are so many things about this game that **** me off beyond all reason. The main reason I don't like it, is because of the lack of skill required to abtain a good level on xbl. My friend, who has never played a fps in his life, is level 18 after having the game for a very small amount of time. I myself am a counter-strike nut, So when I play an fps game, I expect a level of skill to be required. Also, the glitching is unberable, the spraying....o *** the spraying... will the night mares never end? the fact that luck is a key factor in playing the game effectivly ****es me of. "oh look, he saw me first and shot a second before I did, guess Ill just lay down and die!"

Also, I hate 10 year olds screaming in my ear telling me what to do. If you want a good fps, turn to CS:S for the pc.

Halo: CE was an amazing game worthy of a 9/10 - 10/10 score. halo 2 however, is crap.

Posted by Mini Rebew

i'll give it a 9/10 the ONLY reason i wont give it a ten is because of the cheating on xbl...STAND-BY ****ES ME OFF. But other than that its good...EXEPT THE BATTLE RIFFLE PLASMA PISTOL COMBO, that also ****es me off....i take it back...it has lots of things i dont like...like sniper b***ches, sword w***es and rocket w***es. I dont like the one hit kill. But its given me more replay value than most games, and the onlines fun when your team has all the good weapons and your not playing against an over cocky six-year-old who likes to sing "we didnt start the fire", then only sings it louder when you tell him your going to start his house on fire. Its worth the fitty bones, and xbox live CAN BE fun.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Mini Rebew: i'll give it a 9/10 the ONLY reason i wont give it a ten is because of the cheating on xbl...STAND-BY ****ES ME OFF. But other than that its good...EXEPT THE BATTLE RIFFLE PLASMA PISTOL COMBO, that also ****es me off....i take it back...it has lots of things i dont like...like sniper b***ches, sword w***es and rocket w***es. I dont like the one hit kill. But its given me more replay value than most games, and the onlines fun when your team has all the good weapons and your not playing against an over cocky six-year-old who likes to sing "we didnt start the fire", then only sings it louder when you tell him your going to start his house on fire. Its worth the fitty bones, and xbox live CAN BE fun.

Someone's been beaten a few too many times. :o

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

As much as you may dislike the game, it does deserve more than a six or a seven.

8.9/10.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Soul_Tassadar: 6/10

there are so many things about this game that **** me off beyond all reason. The main reason I don't like it, is because of the lack of skill required to abtain a good level on xbl. My friend, who has never played a fps in his life, is level 18 after having the game for a very small amount of time. I myself am a counter-strike nut, So when I play an fps game, I expect a level of skill to be required. Also, the glitching is unberable, the spraying....o *** the spraying... will the night mares never end? the fact that luck is a key factor in playing the game effectivly ****es me of. "oh look, he saw me first and shot a second before I did, guess Ill just lay down and die!"

Also, I hate 10 year olds screaming in my ear telling me what to do. If you want a good fps, turn to CS:S for the pc.

Halo: CE was an amazing game worthy of a 9/10 - 10/10 score. halo 2 however, is crap.

I think the main reason you dislike it is because you're bad. :-*

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Soul_Tassadar: 6/10

there are so many things about this game that **** me off beyond all reason. The main reason I don't like it, is because of the lack of skill required to abtain a good level on xbl. My friend, who has never played a fps in his life, is level 18 after having the game for a very small amount of time. I myself am a counter-strike nut, So when I play an fps game, I expect a level of skill to be required.
If that were true, there would be no pros.

Play MLG

Posted by Mini Rebew

yeah, i play the game A LOT less then i used to...the weopon patch and new matchmaking types make it worse....in otherwords....im not a battleriffle kinda guy

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

[quote]I think the main reason you dislike it is because you're bad.
Oh Im good at the game, I just get killed from rockets and sword to much for my liking, and no pro can prevent that.

Posted by Disturbed_one

I think halo 2 should get a 9.5 because it is a great game but could have been made harder.

Posted by Random

8/10.. The Campaign/Storyline better than the first but not "Great" by any means. The Lan Multiplayer is awesome! I'd have to say thats the best part about it. Xbox Live though can be fun... With Lag and Cheaters it sucks monkey *alls.

Not too bad of a score but not perfect. There is no perfect game.

Posted by Bebop

27%

Just poor. Graphics and a superiour Xbox Live menu interface are the only thing it's got going. Dull gameplay in both solo and online bring it down and so does that cancer enducing graphic glitch and the lack of music.

Posted by Hannibal King

i think it gets a 8.9/10. I dont think the swords are cheap though. I mean if a guy was 20 feet away with a sword and the other person has a gun, how is that cheap?

Quoted post: Graphics and a superiour Xbox Live menu interface are the only thing it's got going

Actually, for such a high profile game, the graphics weren't even that great =/

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: Actually, for such a high profile game, the graphics weren't even that great =/

Well I guess that makes it worse.

Posted by Morag2

I think it's the most overrated game in the history of overrated games... however it still deserves a 8.2 or 8.3... maybes that just because shooters arn't my thing though.

Posted by Big Boss

I originally scored Halo 2 an 8.9 out of 10. While the campaign is as lackluster as the original's, the game more than redeems itself with its vast selection of online modes. Personally, I enjoy playing slayer matches more than anything else (good ol' Deathmatch), especially the ones with default map weapons. It's the reason I play Halo 2 at all. Sadly, while the level reset came with a few interesting changes, the complete revamp of the Rumble Pit mode now sucks. I rarely get a map that has default weapons in it that isn't either Midship or Warlock (Two I hate), while all the others have horrible, horrible mods like Battle Rifles only, Pistols only, or Covenant weapons. I'd surely score it lower had I gotten into the game after the reset.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: As much as you may dislike the game, it does deserve more than a six or a seven.

8.9/10.

If you dislike a game you give it a bad score. So why should a game receive a high score if you don't like it? That's how reviews and scoring work.

Quoted post: If you dislike a game you give it a bad score. So why should a game receive a high score if you don't like it? That's how reviews and scoring work.

No it isn't. A review takes more than just your opinion on whether you like it or not into consideration. Actually, I don't even know of any game/movie reviews that are based purely off the reviewers liking or disliking of that game/movie

Posted by Majeh717

well i would give it a 3/5 the story on both games werent that good and the graphics could be better.and i hate playing that game online because iv got 10year old kinds telling how much i suck and that they'l going to beat me down.

Quoted post: well i would give it a 3/5 the story on both games werent that good and the graphics could be better.

"Out of five" ratings are the worst.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: No it isn't. A review takes more than just your opinion on whether you like it or not into consideration. Actually, I don't even know of any game/movie reviews that are based purely off the reviewers liking or disliking of that game/movie

How much the game is enjoyable is how high a rating it receives which is an opinion. Naturally graphics, level layout, weapons etc are taken into consideration but even all this stuff (which Halo 2 suffers from) isnt enough to give it a 80% mark in my view.

Quoted post: in my view.

Problem solved.

Posted by project101

I think it should get like a 7.8 because its not near as good as the first halo the game was drug out I hated the arbiter levels and the ending was terrible so much more could have been done with this game.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I would give Halo 2 a 4 out of 10. The graphics were lacking and kind of muddy. The story was uninteresting. The plasma sword was way over powered, and whiching between Master Cheif and the Arbiter was the biggest flop of the whole game. The only thing that saves Halo 2 from getting a 0 is the multiplayer. Not xbox live because I hate those people that are always screaming when they kill you. But the multiplayer between you and your friends is the best thing about this game.

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

I dunno, I think it deserves at least a 9. I loved single player, espaecialy on Heroic/Legendary modes. It's hard, sometimes a bit frusterating, and completely worth the effort to beat it. I like the gratification I get from taking out a brute with a plasma pistol, since that's probably the worst weapon for them. It's just as fun with a carbine, though they do kick the sh*t outa brutes easily...

I like all multiplayer modes as well, though those idiot kids can be annoying...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: Problem solved.

My rating was affected by my opinion. But you say it deserves more and that an opinion is not enough for a review. However now you're saying the problem is solved when you made the problem from my point of view. Make sense fo! >:0

Quoted post: My rating was affected by my opinion. But you say it deserves more and that an opinion is not enough for a review. However now you're saying the problem is solved when you made the problem from my point of view. Make sense fo! >:0

My rating was slightly affected by my opinion on how much I liked it (enjoyment, fun factor, blah blah blah). I based it off Xbox Live, gameplay, graphics, audio, et cetera.

However, everything you said was in your view/opinion. That has nothing to do with my opinion. I said problem solved, because you're comparing you're opinion with mine. There's my opinion, and there's your opinion. Simple as that. Understand?

Posted by Flounder

based on multiplayer 3/5

halo ce was much better in my view

Posted by CRONOfrog9

The Halo 2 community needs to clean up a bit there are too many little kids and people that forget its just a game and its just there for fun.

Posted by Veggan

I don't know... I like the 2nd one but the first one gets a 5/10 for me and the second since it's my favorite game a.... 8/10.

They need to clean it up some more maybe add a few melee weapons too.
Chainsaw would be cool in the game. >:chainsaw:

Posted by James

On a scale from 1 to awesome, it's super cool.

So I've only really played Halo 1 offline, but that game was freaking awesome, so I give it a 9/10. If Halo 2 is supposed to be bigger and better, it definately deserves a 10/10

Posted by Master Chief 12

8.5/10, I like it, but I don't like it blindly. Also some of you are unfairly rating it.

[Quote=Vampire Slayer]The graphics were lacking and kind of muddy.
[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]What the hell? I think Halo has great graphics, far from the best, but it isn't a bad looking game. Graphics don't make a game great anyway, they just contribute to it. The online is pretty cool, and besides what some people think, it does require some skill(though not a lot). About the stupid little kids online, yes their annoying, but you can't judge a game by who plays it. The sword is overpowered, but its not hard to kill someone with a sword. As for the rocket launcher, its going to be powerful no matter what. As for the campaign, I thought it was fun. But that's just because I like killing things. It can get boring fairly quickly. The campaign, though fun at times, is a little...stagnant. All problems aside its still a decent game, far from the best game ever but definitely not the worst. Oh yeah, I meant to derep midnight23, not rep him.

[Quote=James]So I've only really played Halo 1 offline...
Halo 1 isn't an ONLINE game.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quoted post: Halo 1 isn't an ONLINE game.

YOu can basically make it one if you want to.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, it's... easy. And fun!

Posted by bulletproof23

i say 9.2 i just really like it because the online and the offline is all right