They better be making another Halo

Posted by Yoshikiller483

THIS IS A MAJOR SPOILER! READ ON IF YOU DARE!

After beating Tatrus you see the ending in which the world is saved just in time to see another day. Master Cheif is on a covent ship and all he says is that he is ending this fight and then it rolls the credits.(some of the best i have ever seen) After the credits you see Cortana and the big plant guy and they are talking abour the other halos.I forgot one thing they find out there is more halos and this all sets up the next Halos. So do you think there will be another Halo?

Posted by HiNu

Obviously, yes. Considering if Bungie was so determined to make H2, they definantly determined in making another Halo. Some rumors say it's going to be H 2.5, telling a little about what didn't happen or how Sergeant Johnson made it off Halo. WHo knows, for all we know now...they may be working on it as we speak.

Posted by midnight23

they need if they dont i am going to be mad

Posted by PieMan Jim

well the entire story is totally unfinished so only bancrupcy or sudden death of all the team should stop them from producing halo3

Posted by mastachief

Quoting HiNu: WHo knows, for all we know now...they may be working on it as we speak.

yes, they are they started before the nov. 9 release of H2, and there will be a halo 2.5 add-on/patch soon available on Xbox live....as for H3, yes one is one its way and will probably be great....only question is, will bungie get it out on time before Xbox360 hits sheleves...or will it be a luanch game for the new microsoft system....?

Posted by PieMan Jim

If so, like I said on another thread, I'll just wait for it to come out on PC, bill gates can pry that several hundred quid from my cold dead hands if he wants it 'cause I aint shelling out for no "xbox 360"

Posted by boomstick

As long as money whores exist in Microsoft and/or Bungie, I predict Halo will be around for along time.

Posted by Yoshikiller483

Yo Yoshikiller agian and i say that this will be the XBOX360 launch game from the estimation they took to make HALO2 and gives me an assumption that it will be released as a launch game for the XBox360 . I had just thought about this today.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I had just thought about this today.

You weren't the first to think about that. That particular piece of speculation has been around for awhile.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Halo is scheduled for up to five more releases.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

I HEARD that Halo 2.5 will come imbedded in the hard-drive on the Xbox-360 (I hate that name so much) on G4.

Posted by Yoshikiller483

Yo Yoshikiller again and Sanity must of watched atk of the show and i also heard this from a guy at my local EBgames and that they were already haveing reservations for the Xbox360. But I dislike that if they do release Halo 2.5 on the Hard drive I would be mad at them.

Posted by Yoshikiller483

Be sure to see my next poll on which game should be a movie

http://gamespot.com/news/2005/05/15/news_6124592.html

Quoted post:
For months, the Web was rife with rumors that Microsoft would ship the sequel to Halo 2 for the Xbox 360 simultaneously with the launch of the PlayStation 3. Now, that has been confirmed--by none other than Bill Gates himself.

Posted by Chronic

Im not really sure if their gunna make another halo Ive never really been that much of a halo fan. (mostly cuz I suck at the game)

Quoted post: Im not really sure if their gunna make another halo

Read my last post.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Vampiro: http://gamespot.com/news/2005/05/15/news_6124592.html

Boy am I going to love waiting in line at the stores that day!

Posted by Yoshikiller483

yo yoshikiller again and from what i heard that i think they might wait for the PS3 to come out and release it on the same day of the PS3 to get some marketing plot to make more money for them,

Quoting Yoshikiller483: yo yoshikiller again and from what i heard that i think they might wait for the PS3 to come out and release it on the same day of the PS3 to get some marketing plot to make more money for them,

I just said that...

... twice.

Posted by mastachief

yes....but by then it might be too late, the XBOX360 need great games to come out, by the way the press confrence went, so i hope its a luanch game, cause the PS3 is looking VERY, VERY promising with the new Killzone

Quoted post: but by then it might be too late

I think you underestimate the Halo fanbase. It'll never be too late. As long as a Halo comes out there will be thousands of fans crowding video game stores.

Quoted post: so i hope its a luanch game

A launch game? That's barely six months away. They don't even have final dev kits yet, still running on an Alpha version. But hey, if you want a half-assed, rushed game, whatever.

Quoted post: cause the PS3 is looking VERY, VERY promising with the new Killzone

I couldn't agree more (though we still don't know if those are TRULY in-game)

Posted by crimsoncinder

There has to be. An ending like that? 4 or however many more halos pop up..

Posted by mastachief

Quoting Vampiro: (though we still don't know if those are TRULY in-game)

yes, but if is even close to that video, it will be a very strong Halo cometitor

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Considering from what my GI said, that halo3 is in the works...but somehow it's not at e3.

the killzone footage is a complete joke. It is CG hands down. You know why? Because everything is scripted to a presision point. and because there is no targeting reticle.

Quoted post: It is CG hands down. You know why? Because everything is scripted to a presision point. and because there is no targeting reticle.

There's a difference between CG and in-engine.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Vampiro: I think you underestimate the Halo fanbase. It'll never be too late. As long as a Halo comes out there will be thousands of fans crowding video game stores.
Agreed. As I did with Halo 2, I hope Halo 3 is crap. This way, I won't feel compelled to buy the game.
[quote=Vampiro]But hey, if you want a half-assed, rushed game, whatever.

And Bungie/Microsoft would never do that!:rolleyes:

Posted by Random

There probably will be another Halo. But if I were bungie i'd cut off the Halo Line up for at least a while if not for Good. People are going fanatic about a game that has about a months worth of play. I thought Halo 1 was much better than Halo 2. Sure Halo 2 had the xbox live play but with lag and cheaters it wasn't worth playing. I'm sure there will be a 3rd halo and I hope they end the story line with that!

Playstation 3 looking good with a new Killzone? Please... if anything I'd have to say it's Metal Gear Solid 4.

Quoted post: if not for Good.

Yeah, 'cause who would want to make millions and millons of dollars?

Posted by Random

Hey everyone wants to make Millions of Dollars don't get me wrong but they'd probably kill the storyline. I mean how much longer can they go? Perhaps a 4th halo or something as a prequel would be semi interesting but they can't keep going with it. And if they did it'd just turn to crap I suspect.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Playstation 3 looking good with a new Killzone?.

Have you seen the E3 trailer?

Posted by Black_Wolf

Quoting boomstick: Have you seen the E3 trailer?

Yea, I don't know how anyone can slight the PS3 and Killzone2, b/c its the best (if it actually is) gameplay I've ever seen. I don't see how they can surpass it, it just looks amazing. As far as Halo goes, I haven't really voiced my opinion on it yet.

After I played through and played a little of Xbox Live, Halo 2 was a very large disappointment. Bungie said in interviews that they delayed it so many times to work on the single player aspect of the game...and it sucked. It wasn't any fun. I liked the city levels, but there weren't enough of 'em. I was actually glad to be done w/ the game whenever I beat it. And the ending? It can fug off. Multiplayer was fun for awhile, but getting killed by Dual-Weilding got old real fast. I think the first Halo required a much higher skill level to be good at. I would go on rampages in the first one with the pistol, but the 2nd one just grants anyone the ability to kill anyone w/ Dual-Weilding.

So I could really care less about a Halo 3. It's inevietable that it'll come eventually, and I'm sure there'll be a Halo 4 and so on, but they'll need to take notes from alot better console FPSs that are currently out and on the way.

Posted by Random

Even if it was a great game I probably wouldn't buy it. Sony Controllers are not made for FPS's. The Analogs are a B*tch to play with in FPS, unlike the XBox. Even the Gamecube has theirs in a decent position. Nice for games like Metroid. But no I haven't seen it and I probably won't get it unless it perhaps comes for PC.

Posted by Disturbed_one

yes there is going to be a Halo 3 and apparently microsoft is going to release it on the day that ps3 is being released.....this should get intresting.

Posted by Mini Rebew

Quoting Disturbed_one: yes there is going to be a Halo 3 and apparently microsoft is going to release it on the day that ps3 is being released.....this should get intresting.

i heard it was going to come out two days before the ps3....it doesnt matter either way it proves that microsoft is a slimeball of a company.

Posted by Disturbed_one

I dnt think there is anything wrong wit microsoft its all bill gates and anyways there isnt anything wrong with trying to make more money and get rid of your compitition

Posted by Random

Theres nothing really wrong with Microsoft i'll agree with. It's competition. Many people like wal-mart. Personally I hate it but their just there to make money.

Anywho... Halo 3 will probably be all promising like Halo 2. You'll probably get a couple weeks of good play, then sell it on ebay for 20 bucks.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Disturbed_one: yes there is going to be a Halo 3 and apparently microsoft is going to release it on the day that ps3 is being released.....this should get intresting.

Halo 3 may have a loyal following, but when it comes down to it, I doubt Halo 3 will put a dent in the PS3 launch.

Quoted post: Halo 3 may have a loyal following, but when it comes down to it, I doubt Halo 3 will put a dent in the PS3 launch.

A game is more accessible then an actual console.

Posted by Random

It Could put a Dent in it.. It'd be interesting to see Who would go for what. But I also talked to my friend Jesse who works up at EB and he said if that happens he's quitting. He doesn't want a store full of people where it's way too crowded and they end up being open at midnight. He said that would just be insane.

Posted by GreyFox38

I heard that on the day the PS3 is coming out, that they are going to release Halo 3 AND thay are going to drop the prices for the X-Box 360.

Posted by I feel Yellow?

I just have a feeling the wont be making another one in the near future, mabey they will do it like starwars, have an earlier version from before the first game.......

Posted by Bebop

The next Halo will tie with the release of PS3. Next year.

Honestly this is the stupidest thread ever.
"Duh..d00u fink day will make anothttet halo even thogh itz their most proftibal and popopoula game evaR omg??S?FA"
Honestly...

Posted by Hannibal King

I hope it comes out for xbox and 360, so then i wont have to pay an uber amount to just play the game

This thread is dumb.

Oh wait, Bebop beat me to it.

Posted by Flounder

they should bring the pistol back as long as it was balanced with all the other wepons..or something very simular

Quoted post: they should bring the pistol back as long as it was balanced with all the other wepons..or something very simular

Why would a pistol be just as powerful as all the other weapons?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro: Why would a pistol be just as powerful as all the other weapons?

So you don't get raped on the spawn by a rocket/snipe/shotgun/any other power weapon. That's how it was in Halo 1.

Quoted post: So you don't get raped on the spawn by a rocket/snipe/shotgun/any other power weapon. That's how it was in Halo 1.

Even if we are talking about nonexistant guns, it would mkae it even more unrealistic. It's just a dumb idea.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Everything about Halo is unrealistic. Double melees, sniping someone in the head while in mid-air, dual wielding, backpack reloading, powerups, throwing a grenade while reloading, and even how his secondary weapon magically disappears when he switches weapons. But I definitly see what you're saying... I really wouldn't mind the weapon balencer being something else besides the pistol, it's just the pistol brings back that Halo 1 element to the game. There has to be a weapon that you spawn with that can stand a chance against a power weapon.

My philosophy: You can't fight for a weapon without a weapon. :cool:

Quoted post: Everything about Halo is unrealistic

Quoted post: it would mkae it even more unrealistic.

Posted by Bebop

Lock this stupid thread already.

Posted by cool gamer dad

well shii...

What I'm trying to say that it needs balence or else it sucks. Halo 1 rocked being unrealistic but balenced, so I can only hope the same for Halo 3. :(

Posted by Flounder

two thumbs up for stinger..he knows whats up
BUT REMEMBER KIDS!
and i quote a dude with long hair"vampiro is always 100% correct"

Posted by Sneak

This is a stupid question. Of course there will be another halo.
Where there is money to be maid people will take advantage of it.

Posted by Random

See I loved Halo 1. Halo 2 wasn't even that bad with a LAN. on XBL it frusterated me beyond belief. But Halo 3 should wrap up the story for a while. I'm not saying to not make a Halo 4, 5, and 6, because surely in time they will, but at least change up the storyline some. It'd be boring to have the same storyline. Perhaps have a prequel. Do what Capcom did with Resident Evil.. Maybe a Halo 0. Haha that'd be kind of interesting.

Posted by Vv_Alien_vV

Quoting The Hammer: Halo is scheduled for up to five more releases.

Nope 3 3 is the LAST it will end the war with the defeat of the Prophet Plus Bill Gates said that they will Release Halo 3 the date the PS3 is released!

Nope 3 is the last im pretty sure bungie wants to start a diffrent project to lead their gaming studios and thats what they have been saying the last 2 years they want to do something else so if it isnt 3 like they said its 4 but im almost positive its 3 i mean that also seems possible i mean original star wars Lord of the rings all that jazz plus you cant have a never ending halo they are in a war and a war has to end and also at the end of the 2nd Master Cheif says Finishing This Fight and they talked about going to the ark the place that all the Halos can be activated or destroyed i mean i doubt it will take 3 more games to kill one prophet and get to the single place that the halos can be destroyed it should only take another 15 missions im sure.

They may indeed want to do other things (which they still can), but by ending the series, they're pretty much throwing away millions and millions of dollars. They know Halo is a money maker, and I don't believe they can turn away that much money.

Posted by s0ul

7 Rings = 7 games?

Quoted post: 7 Rings = 7 games?

The seventh game comes out and we find out there's another five in a different dimension that's threatening our current one

Posted by Vv_Alien_vV

They may start a new story though through it but lets face it from the end of halo 2 you could feel the ending of the series, plus with the 360 the multiplayer mode should last for numerous years. I mean the game wouldnt have as many sales if it werent for the multiplayer. I think campaign will be ended in 3 I mean they just found out how to destroy the halos and there is only one Prophet (leader of the covenant(not sure if spelled right)) left so how do you make 5 more games out of that, plus i mean the elites, hunters, and grunts are now on your side so I just dont see 5 more games.

You signature is HUGE. Get rid of some of that **** pronto. You even have a wallpaper in there... what the hell is wrong with you?

Anyways, if they want to, they can find a way to stretch it out past the next game.

Posted by loony636

Microsoft will obviously make another Halo. Its been so succesful so far, why not make another one? The question is: Will it be for Xbox, Xbox360 or both?

Quoted post: Microsoft will obviously make another Halo. Its been so succesful so far, why not make another one? The question is: Will it be for Xbox, Xbox360 or both?

Obviously the 360 and will probably release around the time of the PS3.

Posted by Vv_Alien_vV

wtf i only added the comic image and only the comic image is written using the in the box were you type it I dont even like the eagles!! Ill go rewrite my whole signature and see if i can get rid of this.

And yea it halo 3 will come out in time for the ps3 though Bungie still calls it there next project it will be released the same time as the ps3.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting DarthMaul1999: NO really other Halo's OoO wait I knew that already where are the spoilers any real fan would now their were 7 Halo rings noob. There will be a Halo 3 Mark my words!!!!

What the hell is this guy talking about?

Do you guys know this thread was made 3 months ago? Before Halo 3 was announced? We know there's another one, the discussion is about how many more games are being made. Wow, please read.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Vv_Alien_vV: And yea it halo 3 will come out in time for the ps3 though Bungie still calls it there next project it will be released the same time as the ps3.

Bungie knows exactly when Sony is going to be releasing the PS3, although the date hasn't been officially announced, yet. Why does Microsoft get all the morons for fans?

Posted by s0ul

Quoting DarthMaul1999: No really o k sOul shut the hell up I know that and apparently you don't u halo noob

HAHAHA, I will destroy you. Halo noob... c'mon. Play me. :)

Posted by Random

There will be a Halo 3 but theres no definite answer that it'll come out the same day the PS3 will. We don't know how soon the PS3 will be out. We assume Spring of 2006 but past that we haven't a clue.

And I realize I used the wrong "hi" for my de rep on someone. I used high.. Long day at work..

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]Bungie said something like Halo 3 would be released sometime close to February 2006.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Random

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. We'll find out eventually. It would help boost 360 Sales. Personally If I were to release a console I'd have some games on it, and right after a price drop put a Very Wanted Game. That would Boost Sales through the Roof.

Posted by Random

Whats that kid? Can't understand your Sentence.. Think your slurring your speech. Maybe you should suck less C*ck. Someone Ban this noob before I turn into the Incredible A**hole.

Sorry just a little frusterated..

Posted by Random

Ban the Mofo already...

Tsk Tsk Darth Maul. I sent you a Priv Msg trying to be nice and point things out but No you have to be a jerk and P*ss me off. Your lucky we're in a public forum. If I were allowed to be a complete A**hole I would be.

Posted by Skitzo Control

OH TEH NOES!!!! HPK IS THREATENING TO BE AN AS[b][/b]SHOLE?!1??! THERE'S NOT ENOUGH OF THOSE ON THE INTERNET!

Stupid people don't matter.;)

Posted by Random

Yay now it looks like I triple Posted...

You made HPK Angry.. Y'know what happens when HPK becomes Angry? *Turns into Pocket Hulk*

haha you'd have to see Mad TV to get it.. Pocket hulk lmao..

Posted by Vv_Alien_vV

The Hammer disagrees: And with 5 other rings set to destroy all life, they're going to leave the game hanging! Seriously...

On a note dumbass if you actually beat halo 2 you would know that the ark is where you can activate or destroy ALL Rings they arent leaving the game hanging thats finishing it. But i guess you didnt beat the game so you wouldnt know you act like i said the ark destroy one ring or that 2 was the last well 2 isnt and the ark activates or destroys ALL rings and shows the location of them so I believe that ther last battle will come at the end of three at the ark because i believe that is where that Ship that Master Chief is on is going the ark so dont believe me but thats what i about 75% believe.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Vv_Alien_vV]On a note dumbass if you actually beat halo 2 you would know that the ark is where you can activate or destroy ALL Rings
On a note, dumba[b][/b]ss, if you actually wasted your time on the awful single player of Halo 2 you would probably feel bad for yourself and realize that you just wasted a massive amount of time: they arent leaving the game hanging thats finishing it. But i guess you didnt beat the game so you wouldnt know you act like i said the ark destroy one ring or that 2 was the last well 2 isnt and the ark activates or destroys ALL rings and shows the location of them so I believe that ther last battle will come at the end of three at the ark because i believe that is where that Ship that Master Chief is on is going the ark so dont believe me but thats what i about 75% believe.

They aren't leaving it hanging, eh? So, let's just say, hypothetically, that the third game is the last game: MC destroys the final rings, and the Prophet is killed. The Covenant are going to scream, "OH TEH NOES!" and then quit just because the Prophets are dead? And what about the rebels? How about the Arbiter? Do you honestly think that Bungie will be able to resolve five different issues in one game when there is so much storyline they'd have to go through? Sure, they could go the lazy way and kill the Arbiter off, the entire Covenant race comes down with the plague and is annihilated, the Rings are deactivated, and everything is perfect, but that would not only be bad for business, that would also give Bungie a bad rep for making half-as[b][/b]sed games, which they already have a bit of a reputation for.

Posted by Vv_Alien_vV

hey hammer i can touch ur sign Im touching it now!!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Bungie executive 1: Dude, we've made a killing on the halo franchise, and the kidides are still clamoring for more. Should we make another one?

Bungie executive 2: Nah, lets go get some lattes.

Bungie exec 1: Dat's cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somehow, that doesnt seem too likely.