A board of freedom.

Posted by Boba Fett

In the short time I have been here, I have noticed that there has been great emphasis on posts being put in the right place, and posts being intelligent. This is all well and good, I agree whole heartedly.

What I noticed though is that there isn't a place for just all out lighthearted fun. A place where one can post without fear of the post being deleted. A place where people can talk about anything off the top of their heads. I am not talking about a spam board, this board would be regulated so there isn't all out stupid spam. Yes there is an off topic board, and yes there is a community board, but they seem to have a little bit higher standards than what I am talking about. This is fine, and this is why I am giving my suggestion. If you like it, that is cool, if not, that's fine too. I am cool with everyone.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Please do not bring back the wacko board.

Posted by Boba Fett

Quoting Angelwing: Please do not bring back the wacko board.

What is this wacko board that you speak of? It sounds like a place of spam. I am not for spam.

Posted by Dexter

One of the major problems we had with that forum was that members were being so preposterous and spammy that it would become routine for them to act in such a demeanor, than they would drag it around to the other forums, making this entire organization appear ill-natured and juvenile. Another problem we had with that was that people would be too intimidated when it came to creating threads that they would just place it in the wacko forum for safeties sake. It was a place where one didn't have to worry as much about their posting behavior. Furthermore, it took a large amount of the attention out of the regular forums, making many aspects here less satisfactory, according to the majority.

Posted by Shade

Am I the only one who didn't hate the wacko board? It wasn't that bad. In fact, it was here in what I consider the better times I've spent here. Not because of that, but maybe it was linked. The site used to be a lot more lighthearted, and now it's more...heavyhearted?

Posted by Prince Redon

I didn't hate the Wacko board, I just kind of ignored it for the most part, but yeah, I don't think we should bring it back. Is it just me or did getting rid of it make alot of nOObs leave for a while, and we started getting more intelligent new members...but then that all went back downhill for some reason.

Posted by Dexter

I certainly don't hate the wacko forum. In fact, I don't think I even dislike it, really. I was generally indifferent about it. I goofed off in there often and had some fun times with Iris. However, I don't miss the forum, and I doubt I would feel obliged in recommending its return.

Posted by Iris

Me and Dexy can always fiddle around in the Love and Romance blog. Wacko Board wouldn't serve a purpose if there's no extravagent lovers in there. Me and Dexter can goof and be firendly somewhere else. We can cope. :) ^_^

Also, it did draw a lot of attention from the more important forums. It made us one step closer to becoming GameFAQs forums.

Posted by The Judge

Do posting games or off topic for this strange concept of "fun" you speak of. Any board dedicated to only fun becomes the wacko board.

Posted by Arczu

I really don't think there is a different board where you can be 110% sure that it won't get moved.

But, for the most part, I think you should use common sense. If you are posting and feel that all of a sudden (after) that it may be in the wrong place. Make note of it (i.e. "Perhaps this isn't in the right place, but anyway..."). There isn't any 'All for one Board' here because... I don't think we need one.

I mean, the Wacko board was different. Haven to pure stupidity, playful whatnot and... well anything. But most people consider that a spammy board.

Posted by The Judge

Playful fun on VGC tends to result in nothing but spam because the idiot noobs who are the pure ban of this forum see it as their golden opportunity to look cool and display their overloads of intelligence to everyone else.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Boba Fett: What is this wacko board that you speak of? It sounds like a place of spam. I am not for spam.

Something tells me you've only been here for a day! Live here for a week and you'll quickly find out why no one but n00bies like your suggestion!!! I vote yes to your idea! We need a board where we can talk about 'anything' aka Wacko board, aka spam, to the intelligent members!!! Your idea promots n00bies, there for I like it. We need the wacko board again!!! :D:D:D:D

And of course by the time you've lived here for a week, you'll know what a n00bie is!!!! (It's a good thing, join us n00bies.)

Posted by Raptor

There are already 25 blogs to be stupid in. If you want to post like a moron without fearing your post being deleted get a livejournal and link to it in your signature.

Posted by higbvuyb

There are 'fun' boards. There's the posting games one, and the "randomness advanced" blog. it's the best. Obviously, I'm not advertising, because i have nothing to do iwht it.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I liked the Wacko Blog very much. It was the only place where I could've made an "Iris's Boobish Avatar" thread.

I'm all for bringing it back, as long as people realize that "Wacko" behavior needs to stay in the Wacko Blog. Don't bring it elsewhere, you know? Jesse is all the wacko we need for the rest of the forums.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Raptor: There are already 25 blogs to be stupid in. If you want to post like a moron without fearing your post being deleted get a livejournal and link to it in your signature.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
True, you could always create an [URL=http://www.xanga.com/]Xanga[/URL] board. It's not really my thing, but my Ex has one. It's basically an online journal to where you can invite friends and all to view it, or as Raptor said put it in your sig. Otherwise, well you might try and get your own blog, or post in someone's blog.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

I think a lot of blogs will be lenient on allowing some types of spam. Spam 007 Ninja's blog! He won't care!

Posted by Boba Fett

Quoting Raptor: There are already 25 blogs to be stupid in. If you want to post like a moron without fearing your post being deleted get a livejournal and link to it in your signature.

I have no desire to post like a moron, or be stupid. I was merely making a suggestion.

I thank those who support this idea. To those who don't, I'm cool with that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.