Which game soundtrack/song did you enjoy the most?

Posted by Xenos

Perhaps for me, the most enjoyable song I have ever heard must have been in Xenogear's "Stars", or "Chu Chu's Flight", Terranigma's overworld theme, music to my ears! I have to credit the Final Fantasy series for make soothing songs and soundtracks as well--take a few tunes from FFVI for an example, despite that fact that I wish hell to this game.

Though I wasn't impressed by the melodies of the sequels, the original Grandia's songs were very beautiful. The theme song at the opening page caught my attention immediately. I can recall sitting around listening to the songs over and over again on the START page.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I particularily enjoy the Baldur's Gates' and Icewind Dale soundtracks. I also really love the Chrono Cross soundtrack, as well as the Final Fantasy VIII and X soundtracks. FFVII is great, as well. I listen to all of them over and over. More so then any other type of music, really. Michael Hoenig, Jeremy Soule, Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo Uematsu are amoung my favourite composers. All create very captivating themes.

Posted by Fiindil

Baldur's Gate II, the music when you near a stupidly hard named monster is awesome!

Posted by Klarth

Tales of Phantasia -
The Fighting Spirit
The Treant's Forest
Midgard
Odin's Tower
Church of Fenrir
Morlia Gallery
Dhaos' Theme
Mysterious Japon
Act I Overworld
Act II Overworld
Act III Overworld
The Abyss of Thor
Origin & The Eternal Sword

Chrono Trigger -
Epoch: Wings that Cross Time
Ocean Palace
Schala's Theme

Final Fantasy 5 -
Final Battle
Third Overworld

Terranigma -
Title Theme
Vs. Dark Gaia
Boss Battle Theme
Underworld Theme
Royd's Theme
Overworld Theme

Posted by William

Xenosaga, Xenogears, and Shadow Hearts' soundtracks were excellent.

I particularly like the following:

Xenogears - Dajil
Final Fantasy IX - The Dark Messenger

Those are probably my two favorites.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

Angel's Thanatos from the Silent Hill 2 sound track

Posted by Ronin

Sephiroth final boss music from FF7, also from Kingdom hearts.

Simple and Clean from kingdom hearts.

The metroid prime title screen music.

The battle music from FF9.

The boss battle music from Donkey Kong country.

Those are just some of my fav's.

Posted by Legend Saber

My overall favorite video game soundtrack would have to be that of Final Fantasy VII. Every single music I heard while playing that masterpiece was, without a single exception, sheer brilliance. From the opening theme right down to the very last credit, every single music was done flawlessly and composed beautifully, a staple of Uematsu's works. As far as the greatest song I've heard, period, it'd have to go to Aeris' Theme from Final Fantasy VII, extremely well done.

Posted by Map42892

FFVII, though most don't comment on it too much. One Winged Angel will always be the #1 final boss music...

Posted by The Flash

I liked the entire soundtrack of Silent Hill 2, such raw emotion put into music, it makes me think....I love it.

Silent Hill 4 soundtrack

ff7's world map (don't ask me why)

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Soundtrack

Resident Evil 4 save room

that's all I can think of...

Posted by Ant

FFII, and FFVII.

Both had a lot of catchy toons. GOOOOOOOOD stuff.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting The Flash: I liked the entire soundtrack of Silent Hill 2, such raw emotion put into music, it makes me think....I love it.

Silent Hill 4 soundtrack

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Soundtrack

Resident Evil 4 save room

that's all I can think of...

Resident Evil and Silent Hill is not an RPG.

I'm actually a little dissapointed with Xenosaga II music wise--it seems like cheesy techno beats at times. I guess the new composer didn't live up to the predecessors.

Posted by Bubblez

FF VI (especially the main theme at the beginning) and FF VII are my favourite soundtracks. Very beautiful and very emotional music in the whole game.

Posted by inuyasha kicks

the opening blitzball cinema song in ffx

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Quoting inuyasha kicks: the opening blitzball cinema song in ffx

I like the begining of if but I just have almost no clue what he's saying .

Personaly I Like FF8 If i had to pick a game.
But for some reason I enjoy "The End" On the end of the game; last screen before it makes you go to the title screen. I just sat there for 10 min listening to it. It was soothing what can I say.

Posted by Pikamon

FF9 Beatrix Theme and FF9 Terra Theme are both excellent.

I also like a few of the FFX songs on the soundtrack.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

My favorite VG music is definitely FF6, but FF4, FFT, and FF7 are all good too.

Posted by -Shadow-

Super Mario Rpg: Legend of the 7 stars
Startropics 1
Just about any Zelda game
Dk 64
Banjo Kazooie
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Super Mario 64

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

ICO
FFX
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure (just barely played through it today)
OoT, MM, and WW

That's all I can think of.

Quoting -Shadow-: Super Mario Rpg: Legend of the 7 stars
Startropics 1
Just about any Zelda game
Dk 64
Banjo Kazooie
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Super Mario 64

Conkers is an RPG?... Isn't this favorite RPG music? Ah, well. Whatever.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: Conkers is an RPG?... Isn't this favorite RPG music? Ah, well. Whatever.

No, Conker is not an Rpg. I forgot this was a thread exclusive to Rpg soundtrack, so I just listed all of my favorites.

Quoting -Shadow-: No, Conker is not an Rpg. I forgot this was a thread exclusive to Rpg soundtrack, so I just listed all of my favorites.

Oh, okay. I knew Conker wasn't an RPG, but I forgot at the time I posted the message. Don't worry, though. I almost did the same thing here but caught it at the last minute and deleted it.

Posted by bazariah

im a huge fan of video game musics

my fave rpg selections are as follows:

final fantasy VII, final fantasy X, suikoden 1 and 2, castlevania symphony of the night

reasons:

ffVII: the selection of music realy brought about a sense of compassion and emotion for the characters portrayed, when something cute/funny happened in the game the music was typically bouncey, when aeris died the music realy conveyed what cloud must've been feeling.. and lastly when sephiroth appears for the final showdown the music there for the one winged angel is genius

ff X: from the very start of the game the music gets you ready, it pumps you up, as soon as otherworld comes on it's like bam! have some of that!, the rest of the game has amazing musical works too

suikoden 1 + 2: pure medieval guitar stylings mixed with fuedal japan musical influences, the sound track is amazing for both games... the tinkling in the castle to the gothic overtures of neclords reign over the humans, the whole thing just screams class

castlevania sotn: pure out and out gothic, with music with says fear, the boss musics covey danger.. and the libraians music is funky

Posted by Black_Wolf

Prolly just b/c its my fav RPG, but Final Fantasy III/6 had great music. The overworld theme is great and I love each characters themes. Especially Cyan's. The different boss music is still memorable in my head as well as the fight with the Atma Weapon.

Final Fantasy IX also had great music and was really a very underrated FF. Chrono Trigger also has some of the best Vgame music ever. I also appreciate Earthbound simply b/c it was different, but it fit the game very well.

Posted by Xenos

I actually like some of Final Fantasy X's songs more and more as I think about it, the rest of the game wasn't as great, but the music was undeniable 'ease to the ears'--a nice alternative from the annoying techno everyone seems to be reverting too.

Posted by Curtis1967

I agree that a lot of the final fantasy games have unbelievable soundtracks. I favorite from the FF would have to be FFT. I also really like the sound track or Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2.