Where is Dave Chapelle?

Posted by Ch

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20050512-125503-1226r.htm

Read it. Hopefully he gets back in time to start his new season of Chapelle's Show.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Who cares, his show sucked. He's only good doing stand-up.

Posted by goku262003

the guy needs some rest geez if its the only way to get the press off his back then let him stay for a couple weeks and besides his productors wernt on good terms when the season was starting

Posted by rivercitytecmo

i like the guy and his show and all, but seriously. i know that money supposedly doesn't buy happiness, but this guy's getting $25 million a season for this and next year. if you can't be happy with that, then go to hell/give it away.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: if its the only way to get the press off his back then let him stay for a couple weeks

No better way to keep the press off your back when your a celebrity than by checking yourself into a mental hospital.

Posted by Big Boss

I'm looking forward to any new Chappelle. Memories of "I'm Wayne Brady, *****!," to Dave ****ing on a lawyer to a floating Prince still crack me up after several views.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Nothing is funnier than Dave as a blind, black white supremacist.....well, maybe Wayne Brady shooting Dave in the kneecap.

"White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X"[/COLOR]

Posted by William

The story isn't entirely true anyhow.

From what I understand, he had one 45 minute session with a psychologist, and the rest of the time was spent visiting friends, because he wanted a break from the stress of the show, since it's not going in the direction he wants it to go in.

Posted by Crazy K

im not clicking the link because my computer is all ****ed up. Well I heard he had bronchitis and had to cancel his show for a wile. Now I heard that he is in some foreign Country trying to rest a little bit. I heard it from the Bob and Tom show, but I dont know what country he is in.

Anyways His first season was ok. The Prince skit and Wayne Brady skit were hilarious, but the lil jon skits were quite boring. I just hope he gets something much more interesting and funnier. Oh and the new season does not start May 30, its being moved to who knows when. Hopefully June something.

[Quote=rivercitytecmo]i like the guy and his show and all, but seriously. i know that money supposedly doesn't buy happiness, but this guy's getting $25 million a season for this and next year. if you can't be happy with that, then go to hell/give it away.

First off 25 million is enough to live off of for the rest of your life. I think if I had that money I would be happy. Im sure he is happy. He is just probably tired and all that. If hes not happy doing his show, o well he could quite and still be 25 million rich (or 2 seasons equal 50 mill). So I think I would be happy with that money, Im sure he is.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Dave sucks. anyone who enjoys his humor is either black or immature. close thread

Posted by boomstick

Quoting MetalVox~55: Dave sucks. anyone who enjoys his humor is either black or immature. close thread

Wow, and I'm neither.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I love his show, but it's the kind of offensive discrimantion type humor your always told not to laugh out, but you can't help it, it's so offensive it's funny, for the most part.

Posted by Chronic

I heard that daves show would be canceled because lack of sponsers because they find his humor offensive or something stupid like that.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Chronic: I heard that daves show would be canceled because lack of sponsers because they find his humor offensive or something stupid like that.

It is, 95% of Chapelle's humor is offensive, but that's why it's so popular, it dares to go where must strecth comedy shows wouldn't, espically with discrimantion, but people love it, both seasons got great ratings, I'd be surprised if it actually got cancelled.

Posted by Crazy K

I loved his first season. But it got so boring during the 3rd or 2nd season (Im sure there was a 3rd season, but im not sure.)

Anyways He is good at standup but he needs to get his show to be more hilarious.

Posted by Mixhael

I've been away from the board for a while, so I'll fill every one in on the rumors I've heard....

1. Chappelle went Super Muslim. From what I understand, Dave was already a Muslim, but recently went "Orthodox" or something. He sought help from another crazy, Lauryn Hill, according to TIME Magazine. Anywho, reports said that with his new Super Faith, which ALWAYS ruins a comedian, Dave has had some trouble with the previous/current material

2. Conflict with other writers. They think one things funny, Dave doesn't, etc; etc;

3. Conflict with Comedy Central. This rumor kinda denounces the previous two. I heard it's not because he's Super Muslim or at it with other writers, it's because he's trying to get things on the air that they think would be funny but that Comedy Central will no longer allow. One thing I heard was that they want him to tone down the use of "Nigga" and "Nigg3r"

Take everything with a grain of salt though. I tend to agree with the theory that he was happy sliding under the radar as a comedian and when the show took off and Comedy Central gave him $35-50 mil, the pressure got to him and he didn't know how to deal. I love Dave's show and have Season 1 on DVD, but if he went Super Muslim, I wouldn't be surprised if his material lacks the sharp racial/sexual/political humor we all love

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Crazy K:
First off 25 million is enough to live off of for the rest of your life. I think if I had that money I would be happy. Im sure he is happy. He is just probably tired and all that. If hes not happy doing his show, o well he could quite and still be 25 million rich (or 2 seasons equal 50 mill). So I think I would be happy with that money, Im sure he is.

i honestly have no idea what the hell you're trying to say here.

Posted by Linko_16

I never saw eye-to-eye with Chapelle's humor, but I hope he turns out alright whether his conflict is medical or religious.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=rivercitytecmo ]i honestly have no idea what the hell you're trying to say here.

Sorry about that. I forgot some words and ****. Anyways I think I messed up on the part when I said

"First off 25 million is enough to live off of for the rest of your life. I think if I had that money I would be happy. Im sure he is happy. He is just probably tired and all the work he has been doing." The words in Italic are the words I forgot to include. Anyways my bad for that mistake.

Anways, I would be happy with 20 mill dollars in my pocket, I say quite whenever you want. Who knows maybe the reason he is not happy is because he is just tired of doing the show, or maybe there is something that about the show that made him mad. I really dont know though, thats just my idea.

But 20 mill is enough to live off of. I say if he wants to stop doing his show then he can go right ahead. He is probably fine with the amount of money he has now.

Posted by Chronic

Money doesnt buy happieness....

Who am I kidding money does buy happieness. ;)

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Linko_16: I never saw eye-to-eye with Chapelle's humor, but I hope he turns out alright whether his conflict is medical or religious.

I don't think anybody does see eye-to-eye with all of it, he finds someway to offend pretty much everybody.