Strangest song on your playlist

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I have a couple really strange ones. They're both from Skullmonkeys (look it up). One is the bonus room song and the other is probably the theme song. Weird, yes. Brilliant? Of course.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I Touch Myself - The Divinyls
Nothing could be more weird than that.:cool:

Posted by TheSecondComing

I have a whole weird album.
Hrvaatski - Swarm and Dither.

Posted by Richaod

Either Kid A by Radiohead or Anthrax's Cupajoe. The latter is extremely entertaining.

Oh, and Pink Floyd's Bike; although it's more psychedelic/stoned than strange.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

50 Cent - In Da Club
Shael Riley - Music of My Groin (from OCREMIX)
A Scholar and a Physician - Super Mario Bros (Dirty Mix)
Burnt By The Sun - When Corporations Rule Your Mom
King Diamond - No Presents For Christmas
Relient K - The Pirates That Don't Do Anything
Group X - Mario Twins
songstowearpantsto - our hearts belong together forever

Posted by Dandelion

I used to have a weird one..it was Swedish, or Fiddish. By Bongo and Geil...bugged the livin pits outta me, lol.

Posted by Dexter

"Who Could Win a Rabbit" by Animal Collective.
"stoicism" by Shiina Ringo.
"Golden Retriever" by Super Furry Animals.

According to some of my buddies, everything I have on my playlist is strange. I can listen to "Daytia" by Ataraxia all by myself without thinking it is strange, but when someone else is there and I know they think it is strange, the thought does enter my mind. For example, and I'll use one that most of you should be able to relate to and understand, Therion. Whenever I play something like this people think I am playing it to get a laugh out of them. They can't believe that I would listen to material like this in a serious way. Most people don't know much music outside the formulaic radio world, so I guess it is a little difficult for them to grasp. And by knowing me, it is hard for them to imagine me listening to material like Cradle of Filth.

Posted by sabre

Fantomas - Rosemary's Baby

Posted by Philsdad

Don Salsa - The Deck
Don Salsa - El Stronzolo

Posted by Mixhael

Britney Spears - "Lucky" :cursor:

Posted by Corrupt

TaQ - Innocent Walls
The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld
The Future Sound of London - Stolen Documents
Fischerspooner - Megacolon
Beck - pretty much anything on "Stereopathetic Soul Manure" and "Golden Feelings" ...oh, and also "MTV Makes me Want to Smoke Crack"
Ome Henk - Opblaaskrokodil

Just to name a few. And as a matter of fact, I like all of those songs... I'm a big fan of anything weird/twisted/bizarre, so it's all good in my book.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Anal Cunt's " I Respect Your Feelings as a Woman and a Human"

Quoted post: I can listen to "Daytia" by Ataraxia all by myself without thinking it is strange, but when someone else is there and I know they think it is strange, the thought does enter my mind. For example, and I'll use one that most of you should be able to relate to and understand, Therion. Whenever I play something like this people think I am playing it to get a laugh out of them. They can't believe that I would listen to material like this in a serious way. Most people don't know much music outside the formulaic radio world, so I guess it is a little difficult for them to grasp. And by knowing me, it is hard for them to imagine me listening to material like Cradle of Filth.

Yeah, I get that quite a bit also. But it makes sense, since most of my friends, like you said, are into the radio stuff. So I can see where they are coming from. I guess when you get used to certain types of music, all the other types are just odd until you get into it.

Posted by G-Sides

Strangest as in strange lyrics, Take the Skinheads Bowling by Camper Van Beethoven. Strange as in it just sounds strange, Frizzle Fry by Primus.

Posted by MetalVox~55

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/metalvox/lolz.bmp[/IMG]

Posted by rivercitytecmo

pretty much anything by can.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Summer Night City - ABBA

Posted by Klarth

All my Abba and Fleetwood Mac.

They're good though, so I put them on my ipod :)

Posted by Shin-Ra

Farmers Market - "Tails Of The Unexpected"

Good song, but weird as hell. It goes from Polka/Jazz versions of the Pink Panther, Dancing Queen and the Final Fantasy victory song (just to name a few) in one track.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Bannana Phone by rapphie

Posted by rivercitytecmo

how are abba and fleetwood mac strange? did they change the definition of "strange" to mean "kick ***"?

Posted by Fiindil

Machinae Supremacy- Metallica Ain't That Leet

a 7 second long sid station playing, woooohooo!

Posted by Axis

Quoting Shin_Akuma: Bannana Phone by rapphie

Oh god.......................Thats the worst song to get stuck in your head ever.

Its on my list too.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Inzo: Oh god.......................Thats the worst song to get stuck in your head ever.

Its on my list too.

The stupid eBaums World video isn't even funny either. Never trust video descriptions on internet sites.

Posted by mis0

"Bus Stop" ~ Bra Rahs
"I love the Mafia" ~ Fu

Posted by Fiindil

Quoting Richaod: The stupid eBaums World

ebamuns world is one of the worst sites i've had the misfortune to stumble across, it' s full of vulgar crap

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting Richaod: The stupid eBaums World video isn't even funny either. Never trust video descriptions on internet sites.

I thought the video was funny as hell "you thew that controller pretty hard man..pretty ****ing hard!".

Posted by Klarth

Quoting rivercitytecmo: how are abba and fleetwood mac strange? did they change the definition of "strange" to mean "kick ***"?

they're perfectly good, just odd in contrast to the rest of my music.

Posted by ZEN

The strangest (or as I like to call "Demented") songs I have currently in heavy rotation...

"Fish Heads" - Barnes & Barnes
"Cemetary Girls" - Barnes & Barnes
"Dead Puppies Aren't Much Fun" - Ogden Edsl
"Ants" - Devin Townsend (Sounds like disco for "munchkins" or something.)

!

Posted by Dexter

Watashi no Tamagoyaki, the ending theme from Dragon Half, is a rather odd song on my playlist. I like it.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

I take back what I said, the weirdest song in my playlist is Dexter's song for Angelwing.

Posted by Dexter

Ohhh, can't you just feel that emo intensity crying through my voice so euphoniously and eloquently?

Quoted post: Angelwing, my love for you is like the shimmering seas.
Where hopes of love float by, and I wonder why, you don't love me.
Who's to blame for our lack of affection?
What should I do to point us in the right direction?
Is all hope lost from my dying heart, from whence you dwelled, oh Angelwing?

**sniffie** :(

Posted by Kodachi

What ever happened to our song? :(

Oh, and probably "Cut the Mullet" by Wesley Willis.
He's so awful that it's actually funny.

Posted by Dexter

It hurt me too much to listen to it, Amy, so I eradicated it. It has now vanished far beyond my recycle bin, and I expect that everyone else that had it on their playlists have done the same. It wasn't a happy tune like Angelwing's song. It was too depressing.

*sniffy* :(

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

oh tell me that you didn't record songs for those two

Posted by Dexter

I did. My material was on the top charts on the VGC audioscrobbler statistics for sometime. I must have done something right. Some people draw pictures for VGC members and some sing songs. :cool:

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

dude. . . wtf. That surpasses all levels of weird, man

Posted by cheese_muncher

Yester me yester you yesterday - stevie wander

Posted by William

I'm not really sure. I guess I'd go with...

Ugly Kid Joe - "Everything About You" though.

That song is pretty weird. Good rock tune though!

Here's the lyrics...too much hate.

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Ugly-Kid-Joe/Everything-About-You.html

Posted by Arwon

Quoting Dexter: "Who Could Win a Rabbit" by Animal Collective.
"stoicism" by Shiina Ringo.
"Golden Retriever" by Super Furry Animals.

According to some of my buddies, everything I have on my playlist is strange. I can listen to "Daytia" by Ataraxia all by myself without thinking it is strange, but when someone else is there and I know they think it is strange, the thought does enter my mind. For example, and I'll use one that most of you should be able to relate to and understand, Therion. Whenever I play something like this people think I am playing it to get a laugh out of them. They can't believe that I would listen to material like this in a serious way. Most people don't know much music outside the formulaic radio world, so I guess it is a little difficult for them to grasp. And by knowing me, it is hard for them to imagine me listening to material like Cradle of Filth.

What is weird about Golden Retriever? It's just regular ole britpop really. Well, Welshpop.

And "Who Could Win a Rabbit?" is Animal Collective at their most accessable. Christ, that's a hook-laden single by their standards! They have another album called "Campfire Songs" which is 5 chunks of 8 minute meandering music they wrote on acid or something. It's not really that great but it's good to fall asleep to.

Also:

I have lots of silly songs with strange subject matter, but the weirdest song I have is probably Dad by Thug.

Basically it's a simple drumbeat that sounds like a heart beating, a stack of white noise forming the "melody" and then a guy growling things like F*CK YOUR DAD. DO IT NOW. F*CK YOUR DAD. DO IT NOW. F*CK YOUR FATHER. etc etc.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Arwon: What is weird about Golden Retriever? It's just regular ole britpop really. Well, Welshpop.

It seems strange compared to the rest of the material on my playlist.

Quoted post: And "Who Could Win a Rabbit?" is Animal Collective at their most accessable. Christ, that's a hook-laden single by their standards! They have another album called "Campfire Songs" which is 5 chunks of 8 minute meandering music they wrote on acid or something. It's not really that great but it's good to fall asleep to.

I have that album. I actually enjoy it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: oh tell me that you didn't record songs for those two

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/music/Dexter :cool:

I still want to hear "I Am Dexter", "The Crucified Jesse Smith" and "Viking Clan Destruction (The Death of Shin-Ra)".

Now that Mesento brings it up, "Angelwing" is the weirdest song on my playlist as well. I can't believe I forgot about that fantastic, heartfelt Emo Viking Metal ballad.