THE SOCCER THREAD (Football)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Who's going to the world cup in 06??!?! Me and my roommates have our money saved up and are going to buy US tickets (TST-as long as they stay in the cup) and are going to buy specific game tickets in December.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

QUESTION FOR YE BRITS

Why is El-Hadji Djouf hated so much? I saw his own fans (allegedly) booing him. Is it ONLY because of the spitting thing, or has prior events elevated up to that? Just curious
much love, BJ

Posted by Bubblez

I'm rally into soccer and I hope for the Dutch team and of course for my own team (the Swiss). For the Swiss team it could be difficult to make it to the WC but at the moment it doesn't look too bad if i remember the tableau right.

I have a question about the title under your username: What is it meant to be? Is it about the soccer club Kaiserslautern oder do you really mean "lauter" which means "louder"? I know they are singing "Steh auf (and not aus) wenn du aus Lautern bist". Is it that what you mean? Just curious...

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

It's about the team Kaiserslauten, and yes, it's "stand out if you are louder". It's also spelled properly.

Posted by Bubblez

As much as I know there is no expression in German that's "steh aus". It doesn't make much sense, but that's just me.

Is Kaiserslautern your favourite team in Germany? I like Schalke 04, and we lost against Kaiserslautern 2-0 this weekend. :sniper: ;)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I like Bayern Munich the best, but I really like Kaiserslautern's slogan.
Now that I think about it, it may be steht aus. As in the "du" form in the imperative sense. Heck, it's been awhile.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]I plan on going to a World Cup before my life is over, but not this particular one. I'm still crossing my fingers for Peru to make it and participate in another World Cup in like 30 years. But the odds are still kinda sketchy.[/COLOR]

Posted by cheese_muncher

best team in the premiership at the moment? MANCHESTER UNITED of course if anyone supports arsenal, or liverpool who uses vgchat then they must be killed in the most horrible way that can be thought of. Preferably with there bollocks being cut off first, if they have any in the first place. I mean what kind of idiot supports either of those teams?

Posted by bazariah

im not a fan of football, but i see you are a big fan of man u, you glory hunter you

Posted by Kit

Quoting cheese muncher: I mean what kind of idiot supports either of those teams?

I'm that kind of Idiot, I support Liverpool.

I only watch Liverpool matches, I play more than watch.
(Man U beating Liverpool was luck, I'm sure of it)

Posted by cheese_muncher

Quoting bazariah: im not a fan of football, but i see you are a big fan of man u, you glory hunter you

wtf are you talking about i wouldn't support some crap team like newcastle or blackburn rovers etc.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I already made a soccer thread, and I support Arsenal. Manchester United are a bunch of pretty boys. I wish Christian Ronaldo would get his *** kicked.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Bj: I wish Christian Ronaldo would get his *** kicked.

Same here.