The Blog system.

Posted by Proto Man

I believe the system of getting a blog needs to be made simpler. Maybe we should just have a "Blogmaster", someone who will take requests and create blogs for people and stuff like that. That way there will be ONE person to ask, instead of this confusing way of asking a moderator and waiting for Jesse to make it. This blogmaster will maintain the blogs, set people to be moderators at the member's requests and stuff like that. Jesse could probably set the permissions so this person would only be able to have these powers in the blogs section.

Posted by Alastor

Sounds interesting. It'd save the super mods the annoyance of being asked, as well.

Posted by The Judge

I think you are a big meany, Protoman. :(

Anyways, I disagree. It seems like a completely worthless title. Besides, everything oon this site is done democratically, so s-mods should still be the determining factors of that.

Posted by Killer Jordo

That's be cool

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Disagree. What's the point? Let the mods of the blogs handle their own problems. Plus, the s-mods mod the whole forum, not just the main page.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting The Judge: I think you are a big meany, Protoman. :(

Anyways, I disagree. It seems like a completely worthless title. Besides, everything oon this site is done democratically, so s-mods should still be the determining factors of that.

How am I a big meany? :(

Anyhow the actual title can be anything. Democracy is fine, have nothing against it, I am just giving a suggestion on making the blog system simpler, and easier.

Posted by The Judge

How are you a big meany? You always seemed very uptight. Hell, you derepped me for accidentally typing another member's name wrong. On AIM you're not all that grand either.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro: Disagree. What's the point? Let the mods of the blogs handle their own problems. Plus, the s-mods mod the whole forum, not just the main page.

I already said what the point is, the point is that so there is a seperate person that can focus just on blogs, so things can be done faster. It will take a load off of all the other staff. And besides, the mods of the blogs can't change stuff themselves.

Posted by Iris

It's probably best not to have only one person regulate so many boards. Let's leave it to the super-mods.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Iris: It's probably best not to have only one person regulate so many boards. Let's leave it to the super-mods.

Yes, but like I said, the problem I see with the current system is that it takes long for anything to get done. I don't know how it is with anyone else, but it comes across to me that some of the S-mods don't like having to deal with the blogs (could just be me though, correct me if I am wrong). With having a person JUST for taking care of blogs and stuff, things could get done faster in regards to blog upkeep and creation. Also, as far as requirements go, I liked the post requirement.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: the point is that so there is a seperate person that can focus just on blogs, so things can be done faster.

There's not much to focus on. There's about two or three that get posted in regularly, and if the s-mods have a problem with creating new ones, oh well. We don't need anymore useless blogs anyways.

Posted by Iris

Actually, it's more likely for it to be accomplished quicker if one of our many S-mods gave some one the OK, rather than a single person.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Protoman: Yes, but like I said, the problem I see with the current system is that it takes long for anything to get done. I don't know how it is with anyone else, but it comes across to me that some of the S-mods don't like having to deal with the blogs (could just be me though, correct me if I am wrong). With having a person JUST for taking care of blogs and stuff, things could get done faster in regards to blog upkeep and creation. Also, as far as requirements go, I liked the post requirement.

Yeah, that's right. I couldn't care less about blogs. If it were up to me, I would phase them out altogether. It would be nice if you could cite examples of a few specific incidents demonstrating how it takes so long to get anything done regarding blogs, as well. I haven't seen firsthand much complaining on the subject, but then again, I rarely check the blogs.

I don't like the post requirement, either. It only encourages those who aspire to have a blog to post a series of junk posts just so they can fulfill the minimum post requirement. Post count shouldn't be a determining factor in the decision as to whether someone deserves a blog or not.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Reminds myself never to take suggestions from a Mega Man character.*

Stupid suggestion #483,473,475 shot down the drain. :D:D:D

Posted by loony636

Oh well thanks Jesse. I supported that notion. You just don't like giving up any power do you? A blog master would make the whole blog creation process faster and easier for those who want blogs. Plus it would mean that you and the super-mods get a lot less pms from people wanting blogs.

Posted by Boba Fett

I do say, it would be nice if the process would go a bit faster. I am still waiting for mine. :(

Posted by higbvuyb

You need 100 posts to have one.

Posted by Boba Fett

Quoting higbvuyb: You need 100 posts to have one.

Not according to this FAQ:

[quote=Sabredog]How to get a Weblog

Ask a Super Mod and if they say yes, you got it. If they say no, simply ask another one. Keep doing that until one says yes, and you got it. Post requirement: 0 posts.
- Weblog FAQ written by Jesse Smith

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting loony636: You just don't like giving up any power do you?

Ever hurd of mods and Super Mods?? :bash: :bash: :bash: Didn't think so. *Reminds myself never to take suggestions from loony people.*

Now you know why most suggestions never go any where. Almost all of them are crummy suggestions!!!! er why is there even this board???!!! It's flooded with n00bies!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Boba Fett: Not according to this FAQ:

Amended.

[quote]Don't expect to get a weblog immediately if you're a new member whose presence barely anyone recognises. Web logs are a privilege, not a right, and are not given out to just anyone. You should establish yourself as a contributing member who takes an active interest in the community by posting quality messages regularly before requesting one.

Posted by Alastor

So is every other board, but that doesn't change anything. ;o