help with FF7

Posted by Ronin

Okay, i've looked at so many guides for beating emerald weapon and i have mime and KOTR and stuff but he still kills me. I really need a foolproof method of beating emerald because i'm tearin' my hair out.

Posted by crimsoncinder

Do you have the Underwater Materia?

And it's not that hard. What level is KOTR?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It's wise to have 9999 hp as well as 999 mp. You should have the Final Attack Materia equiped with either Phoenix, or Full Life. Have as many elixirs as you can get. Cast haste on your party. It's also a good idea to equip mime, so you can use KOTR more than once in a round. You could also equip hp absorb with KOTR. And if you're finding Emerald to be difficult, you'll be very excited to face Ruby.

Posted by Ronin

no i don't have the underwater materia because if the battle takes me 20 mins or more i don't feel that i deserve to win. KOTR is at 4 and i have 9999 hp with every character. It's his aire tam move that obliterates me because it does like 8k damage and then i can't keep up the curing after that.

Posted by Demonblade

I dont remember if this works or not...its been ears since ive played FF7 but have you tried the lucky sevens formula?

If you dont know what that is its where you get the "Cats Bell" from chocobo racing...equip it to a character...then go into a battle and get their hp below 154. Once you do that...walk around until the characters HP is exactly 154 (caused by the cats bell item) and then go into a battle and cast Demi 2 on that character to get his/her hp to 77. Then either run from the battle or finish them of...just make sure the char has 77 hp. After the battle use a combination of Hi potions and potions to raise the characters hp to 7777. THen...head on down to good ole emerald weapon and have at em. Im not so sure if its all that helpful...but it is a $hit load of free damage w/o using mana, but im entirely sure it doesnt kill him... Oh...and dont even try it on ruby..youd waste your time if im correct because you end up hitting one of his tentacles or something.

Well...thats about the extent of my somewhat useful knowledge...hope it helps...just havent played in forever.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

hey mine is sweet and simple (somewhat). Its just takes a long time to do. What u need is the underwater materia, KOTR with Hp absorb, and the opional Pheonix with final attack is good. Most important is 3 mimes (only way to get 3 if you master 2). basicly use knights of the round and mime and you win. He won't have time to attack if you press it quickly or if you have a turbo button it helps too. The hardest part was mastering the mimes. But I can proudly say I kicked his ***.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

also If you want to beat ruby he's even easier I beat him at lvl 64. once again mime and KOTR but enter with only one of your characters alive (with ribbon on) so ruby doesn't use that quicksand type thing. don't attack him directly wait till his tentacles appear and use KOTR with HP absorb on that and mime your heart out.

Posted by Blaegar

Dragon ryder is right use mime, Knights of the round and final attack equipped with phoenix but don't mime phoenix, and be qucik so he can't attack. I beat emerald with KOTR on level one using mime.

Posted by bazariah

i used mime on every characeter, and had final attack pheonix on cloud. so my method went like this

example:
cloud: kotr
barret: mime
tifa: mime
cloud: mime
cloud: mime
barret:mime
tifa: dies
barret: dies
cloud: dies, final attack pheonix
barret: alive, cure all
tifa: alive, mime
cloud: kotr

and so on, it was a long time ago the last time i played so im not 100% if i wrote it correctly there, but thats the gist of it

you definetly need the underwater materia too, it works out emerald has a bout a million + hit points so can take a loooong time

and also a sweet place to level up any materia is to go to mideel, the woods there give shedloads of ap

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Actually, a better place to level up would be the North Crater. But you can beat Emerald at the level you are at.

Posted by William

Doesn't the amount of damage that Emerald Weapon do to your party depend on how much materia you have equipped?

I believe so. If so, then just de-equip most of your materia and just attack with all you have. If you have any "Holy Wars" those would help a lot too.

When I beat Emerald Weapon, I didn't have any KOTR summon, or even the Underwater Materia...but I did have all my materia equipped. I have no clue how I beat it.

Posted by crimsoncinder

Quoting Ronin: no i don't have the underwater materia because if the battle takes me 20 mins or more i don't feel that i deserve to win. KOTR is at 4 and i have 9999 hp with every character. It's his aire tam move that obliterates me because it does like 8k damage and then i can't keep up the curing after that.

Megalixirs? Dupe them w/ W-Item

Posted by Legend Saber

Anyone can beat Emerald with Knights of Round, it isn't exactly a hard task.

Anyhow, if you want to beat Emerald, here's some advice (for someone who wants to beat him fairly, anyway):
1) Get the Underwater materia, this will eliminate the normal twenty minute time limit. I'd explain how to get this, but I don't know the name of the item you need or the name of the enemy that you need to morph to get it. The enemy is found just outside the underwater mako reactor and it looks kind of like a ship, though. If you morph him, I believe you'll get an item that you can give to a man in Kalm (near Midgar) for the Underwater materia.
2) Aire Tam Storm is a rather harsh Emmy attack which will usually deal 9999 to everyone unless you know how it works. This attack deals 1111 damage for each materia on each of your characters, so if you want that attack to deal less, equip less materia.
3) Use the Phoenix-Final Attack combo. I'm pretty sure you get Final Attack from beating the Special Battle Arena in the Gold Saucer, and the Special Battle Arena is accessable when you purchase Omnislash and W-Summon from there. You should already have Phoenix, if you don't, it on top of Fort Condor, but I'm not sure if you can get it on Disc 3.
4) Big Guard will help out a lot. It's an ememy-skill that you can learn on the coast near Costa del Sol, you'll need to manipulate in order to get it. I'm not sure of the name of the enemy, but only one enemy appears on the coast of Costa del Sol so you should be alright.
5) Have one character be completely devoted to healing and recovery. Have this character begin the battle by casting Big Guard and Regen, and everytime your barriers or regen runs out, recast them.
6) Megalixirs are rather useful to have in this fight, you can get these by defeating Master Tonberry in Northern Cave (or you can be cheap about it and use the W-Item cheat).
7) Everytime a character's HP falls below 5000 (which will be rather often), cast a powerful heal magic or use an X-Potion on them.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, but you should be alright with it.