What is your favorite RPG company?

Posted by Xenos

I can't say there are too many that I like, I guess most of my favorite games came from Square and Enix, sadly to say. Though I am unimpressed about their recent productions.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Bioware. I do like Square, as well as Midway (for SH). And Atlus for Disgaea.

Posted by Ronin

Squaresoft was the best, Squareenix is lacking a little. And whoever made golden sun. probably squarsoft.

Posted by crimsoncinder

Quoting Xenos: I can't say there are too many that I like, I guess most of my favorite games came from Square and Enix, sadly to say. Though I am unimpressed about their recent productions.

Square and Enix are the same thing.
But I agree Square has alot of my favourite RPGs

Posted by Roger Smith

Squaresoft, and Enix for Actraiser.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

square make super cool rpg's sometimes. i also like some of atari's rpg's too. inteligent systems is a company that arne't very popular, but they made a couple of games that had me going for a while. paper mario being one of them. nice.

Quoting Ronin: Squaresoft was the best, Squareenix is lacking a little. And whoever made golden sun. probably squarsoft.

That'd be Camelot Software Planning.

[quote]Square and Enix are the same thing.

She probably meant Square (as in Squaresoft) and SquareEnix, who merged.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Atlus for Tactis Ogre and Disgaea

;o

Posted by Xenos

Quoting crimsoncinder: Square and Enix are the same thing.
But I agree Square has alot of my favourite RPGs

Uhh. Not a few years ago.

Posted by Demonblade

I definately have to say...game for game...square/enix makes the best rpg's. I absolutely love the FF series, as well as old school xenogears. Im really not so sure im entirely satisfied in the direction Xenosaga is going. (namco is it???)

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Xenos: I can't say there are too many that I like, I guess most of my favorite games came from Square and Enix, sadly to say. Though I am unimpressed about their recent productions.

Yes, they really should have stayed separate. I am particularly worried about how Dragon Warrior 8 is going to turn out, now that's going to be "squarified."

Posted by Black_Wolf

I agree, Square used to be it hands down, but SquareEnix, I'm not sure what they're doing. Maybe I'm wrong, but with a bigger company it would seem that they could put out more games and not crap ones. I've always liked the Suikoden Series from Konami and Breath of Fire from Capcom. But Sony has had some of the most memorable for me in Dark Cloud 2 and Wild ARMs.

Posted by William

Squaresoft for the older Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Romancing Saga series, Rudora No Hihou, Super Mario RPG, Bahamut Lagoon, Parasite Eve, and Chrono Cross.

Atlus. For the Persona series, Shin Megami Tensei series (although it ties in with the Persona series), and Lufia: The Ruins of Lore.

Oh and Atlus' Magna Carta, Stella Deus, Disgaea, and Dual Hearts all look cool as hell.

Namco. Only for the "Tales" series, and Xenosaga Episode I & II.

Midway for the Shadow Hearts series.

And no, I couldn't pick just one...but I guess Squaresoft is my favorite of them all.

Posted by Granseal

I liked Camelot when it was around.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Namco, for bringing me my beloved Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia. I guess Monolith and Tri cresendo fit into this picture also.

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

My number one pick would have to be Squaresoft (FF 1-9 PWN), followed by Camelot (For Golden Sun), and then Enix (Terranigma, Ogre Battle, and EVO: Search for Eden)

I agree, SquareEnix hasnt been making the greatest RPGs anymore, I was kinda dissapointed in FF10 and 10-2 but 11 rOXorz

Posted by Granseal

Quoting nintendorules!: Namco, for bringing me my beloved Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia. I guess Monolith and Tri cresendo fit into this picture also.

I agree with you there, I liked that company for what they have done with TOS

Posted by rpggamer16

Squaresoft for Xenogears and the Final Fantasy Series
Atlus for the Persona series and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Enix for Star Ocean: The Second Story
Namco for Tales ofSymphonia and the Xenosaga Series

Sadly SquareEnix is starting to lack in good story lines.

Posted by Dark

Square/Square-Enix for all the FFs I've played.
Camelot for Golden Sun.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Squaresoft (pre-enix, pre EA), and Konami actually made one excellent game, Vandal Hearts.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Lets face it the crowd says it 9/10 people say square is/was the best company ever to make games.

Posted by Acheron

The crowd is wrong. Square can't hope to hold a candle to Bioware.

Posted by Silent assassin

i made a thread just like this but since i got banned i'll just anwser.....ubisoft

Posted by Disturbed_one

have to say square

Posted by Shade

Quoting Granseal: I liked Camelot when it was around.

When it was around...DOES THAT MEAN MY DEAR SWEET CAMELOT IS NO MORE?!?!?!

Camelot, for giving the absolute pwnage that is Golden Sun.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Quoting Shade: When it was around...DOES THAT MEAN MY DEAR SWEET CAMELOT IS NO MORE?!?!?!

Camelot, for giving the absolute pwnage that is Golden Sun.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]He is probably refering to he fact that Camelot has hardly been pushing the boat out with RPGs. What ever happened to Golden sun Gamecube?

They are still around, do not fret...XP[/FONT]

Posted by boomstick

Bioware

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Squaresoft is one the best. Atlus is really good to. I dont like Squareenix to much. They are kind of lacking in good titles and Final Fantasy X-2 was a real dissappiontment.

Posted by vgmaster13

Square Enix- the rpgs they make are fun and good

Posted by El Capitan

I would say Square Enix, it seems they develope some of the popular RPGS and the most interesting from my point of view. Not saying that other companys are bad but I don't know VERY MANY rpgs that come close to par then Square's. On the other hand, Unlimited Saga sucked ***.

Posted by James

The only non-Square company I liked for RPGs was Sony, with their Legend of Dragoon. It did have a decently original and cool idea for a storyline, even though the game it was enveloped in had lackluster graphics (for a three-year project), repetitve music, stilted/Engrish-laden dialouge, and kinda slow movement through the storyline (read: it was dreck).

Posted by Creature

BIOWARE I really don't know any other of the company's that make RPG's

Posted by Shade

It's because Bioware made Fable, right?

CAMELOT, WHERE IS MY GOLDEN SUN 3? YOU DOUCHE BAGS.

Err, no they didn't. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Jade Empire...

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

Square and Enix were at the top of my list for loooooooooong time...They fell when they fused though,I am really dissapointed.

Posted by Boner

For me, it's a tie between Bioware and Atlus. Both companies design a style of PRGs that I can play and really enjoy. I like the in depth story lines that Bioware has put out. Atlus is not bad with theirs, but I enjoy the styles of their gameplay more.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Atlus.

Posted by LinksPast

I have 3 Favorites, Squaresoft (Final Fantasys) Konami (Suikoden1,2,4) Namco (Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia) Its also a plus seeing pacman tied into their rpgs =)

Posted by Tojis21

OF COURSE I LIKE SQUARE ENIX THEY ARE SO VERY SUCESSFUL IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY THATS BECAUSE OF THERE POPULAR GAME FINAL FANTASY

Posted by meikozen

My favorite is square enix

Posted by talkativegamer

Square Enix rules! And of course, who'll ever forget about Blizzard? The creator of the infamous WoW.