SSBM Profile Thread

Posted by RandomizeR

Name: Chris
Best Characters: Luigi and Link
2nd Best: Young Link, Ice Climbers, and Zelda
Worst Character(s): Pichu
Strategy: Smash (down A) attacks from above and getting all throwable items that appear.
Best Arenas: Great Bay, Final Destination, and Flat Zone
Worst Arenas: Icicle Mountain, and Rainbow Cruise
Favorite Items: Pokeballs, HR-Bats, Warp Stars, Green Shells, Motion-Sensor Bombs, Bob-omb's, and Freezies
Enemies: Josh, Michael, Matt, Sean, TJ, Kyle, AJ, Nick and Jake
Reason For Playing: I want to and it's fun

Posted by Corrupt

Ah, it's good that you made this thread... I just re-named it so it would be a bit more specific. I'll get around to posting my profile soon... right after I'm done with this homework, actually.

Posted by Cyphus

Name: Brandon
Best Characters: Doc, Falco
Secondaries: Marth, Zelda, Ice
Occasionally Plays: Everyone Else except...
Never Plays: Pika, Pichu, Mewtwo, Mario, Yoshi, DK, Y.Link
Currently Training With: Kirby
Stages: MK2-Doc, FD-Falco, Yoshi's Story-Marth, GreenGreens-Zelda, FD-Ice

Tournaments
Been to half a dozen tournies (including V-games and GameTrader)around the state of Louisiana. All 1st/2nd...most regard me as best in state.........but seriously...being king of the retards isn't saying all that much. i have created a couple invitation only tournies of my crew and friends and select skilled people from afar. I currently have plans on making a new one at my college...and another one at a 'game center'.

Crew and competition

Brett: C.Falcon, Mario. He is currently on an exellent path to having a strong low tier as his Mewtwo. I'm his main oponent, and i've trained him from scrub to skilled to beating me 1/4 times. He really can't play anyone else though, so if you can counter or surprise his characters, he's severly limited.

Lee: Samus, Ganon. He also plays doc alot...but i constantly tell him to just let me take care of the pill. He had an awesome Jigs, but he doesn't like playing her anymore because "she's just too light!" He gets a sore temper when he has bad days...but if you really wanna beat him...challenge him in the late night hours.(i honestly think he has some condition where he loses focus. He frickin' fell asleep....woke up laughed his off then went RIGHT back to sleep while watching MontyPython's Holy Grail at least 10 times during the movie!!!!) Anyway he's my rival and virturally equal in this game.

Derek: Lee's older bro. Though he claims Fox and Peach...he likes playing all different characters(too much)....sadly as a side effect, he really doesn't have any character whom he strongly takes their advantages of. he even still SDs alot while trying Samus' recovery. He has the reflexes and mindgames of anyone else in the game..but he lacks to know how of tricks and how to respond appropriately. He sometimes brings me to my last stock.

Manny: My closest friend, and purest for his favorites. He's never strayed from Link and Ness. He was very late to getting a GC, and has yet to own melee, himself. nevertheless he's played us alot, borrowed the game for long periods, and used his stupid younger brothers as intelligent cpus. He's still quite behind on technical maneuverability like WDing, and consistent LCing and SHing, but his common human competition gave him better insight on hurting oponent habits...though he has his own bad ones too. Usually brings me to 2 stock left.

ross....isn't in my crew but he lives 2 hours away, and def. gets mention from hanging with me and lee. he's gotten the great experience of playing in half a dozen national tournaments. He's deffinately better than derek and manny....it'd be tough to call for brett since he improved so much since last time.
Outside my crew i've found frequent foes at college, playing some new guys at the dorm, apartment, or my place. These guys only take one stock for every 3, but their fortunate enough to get royally owned again and again so they learn even quicker than i what i had to work with. I only hope by training noobs...this doesn't bring down my game by developing worse habits on exploiting their stupidity! :(

May the new generation of melee lasts long enough to own before ssb3!

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Name : Dark Bulb (seriously, nobody calls me my real name anymore)
Characters : Mario, Doc, Falco
Next Tourny : The Gaunlet Feb 20th (NYC)
Stages : The five overused tournament stages and a few others. Kriby 64, Corneria, FD, Kirby Fountain, and Pokemon stadium. Occasion / Onett, Battlefield, Yoshi that isn't 64 or SNES related.

No need for stats, I'll put my highlights of wins and loss.

Playing Isai in which... I lost... what do you expect from a kick *** player like him.
Playing Ryoko Yaksa... Out of 7 matches I won 2. I beat down his sheik with falco. THe other 5 matches was him owning me with peach, he would 2 stock or one stock my falco. Falco is naturally countered by peach. Highlilght was me in one round actually 2 stocking this amazing player with falco against peach. Gotta love Ryoko.
Playing RDT. Not many girls play smash, and she knocked my friend to last place..
Husbands marth. I could barely scratch it. That ****ed me of inside, but in the end with those few matches, I was glad I was able to play such a marth.
DireVulcan, if I were to have a crew, he'd be in it. Hes one nobody that can beat down some real good guys. His mario got captain jacks sheik to one stock. I beat him around 40% of the time nowadays. Awesome Ganondorf/Game&Watch.

Outside of that, I have no real enemies. Just some real good mofos around here.

Posted by DarkBlade

HA! found my post through catched files through google^^
I hate typing long documents over and over agian so this file hasnt been updated from like 3 months.. all in all every1s abit better and my crew has taken a turn for the worse. Since halo2, we all have been getting alittle rusty. But I still acept all compitition in my school and still kick there *** as good as I did before. Take that smash noobs.^^
But i did update characters. and if people retired for the most part...

Name : DarkBlade (Blade By Short)(KamoDaro if name is taken on sites...)

Alias : Dark(In jap letters to look like Dark in english)

Main Character : Link

Secondary Characters : Marth, Gndf, Peach, and few others. Ive stopped shiek cause shes to easy to beat people with and I wasnt really good with her, she just was to high of a tier... aswell i stopped doc and replaced him with ganon cause there style are simular.. had to chose one. I probably made the wrong choce cause gndf has many counters and only counters the same people marth and link could do but worse... but he is a good noob killer^^

Reason For play : Played the first one the day it came out. Bought the GC just for the 2nd, Love the characters, Love even more the battle style. Love knowing all statistics in such a great game. Awsome Replay Value and great for multi play.

Crew contains : lots of people in order of skill. and seperated in 4 sections.

MASTERS!!!

Myself: A true Pro and best in fighting. Have multi styles for link alone(I.E. use c stick in air or a, wavedash with r or l aswell cancle.) Also Im much better in long run battles. Hate 1-3 stock.. Also I use gndf, marth, and fox. aswell Im good with many characters in just use of play but I cant hold the clones of any sort.. xept pichu.. Ironic..(Luigis no clone so im alright with him.)

Brian: Knowledge in all stats. Hes a Doc fan and follows it up with Fox and Marth. I'm always 1 step ahead for reflexes and 2 steps behind in stats. Hes got all the guides, 24/7 and knows everything in frames. For his limited time played of the actual game. I'd say hes the most you can get from a person who barly plays it half the time I do. "if only the others would learn from him and catch up on stats"

M. All I know about him is hes a master marth and knows cpus like hell. Hes got 2 people with him to train on and can take any type of match you throw out at him. I dont know his name, or anything but hes been coming and going every other month or so for like 8 years now.. Hes more secret than me.. He also is great with training cpus.("Hes got a roy who counters nice for a cpu...")
"Havent seen him for.. 4 months now..."

Mike: True in speed, He only uses Fox and C Fancon and knows how to use them. A mad fast guy all together and can kick any1s *** in a race.... Even long runs... And thats my ace card.. hes holding out 4th hardfuly ever since M. got better. or so it was awhile ago..

Nick(AKA Xboxfan56) Wavebird master and actualy plays better with one. Uses fox and falco evenly and if he cant beat you with the first, he'll get you with the 2nd. Also plays up Marth and starting y-link. doesnt know much stats and why hes so bad when facing other people than the ones I use.. I still beat him with fox to fox, but not falco to falco. Im terrible with all clones. even y link... hes only good cause I played him 224/7 for months strait till he Got Good. If he just spent half his time in stats, Hed be 3 times better in battle then I could Realy Go All Out On Him... Lazy Moron...

Tim: Power is his style when he matches it up with speed, hes unstopable. Gndf and Roy to counter, aswell plays a good bowser. Only reason hes gone down 2 people is cause he broke his arm awhile ago and hasnt played yet.. once it heals and becomes better I suspect him to be at this level. if not, he might slip into just a pro.. him and mike train alot so thats why they stay in shape. Also.. can take a guy out in 1 punch... Hes strong himself. Took 3 wise *** cheap asholes to get him from behind to get him down and broke his arm.. If he doesnt kill them all, I will. **** THEM AND THERE "gangzez.." We'll Both Kick There Asses And Crash Their ****ing Skull In The Ground If Myself Or He Ever Sees Them.

Pros!

Mike(from music class ironicly...): Just got him in and hes great for not knowing about "some" things. Hes as good as a mater at teching and l cancling and knows how to handle and pospone a battle. A great falco user and backs it up with shiek and mario. -Retired but his friends still challange me.

Mat: Also a newwer member and I have been meaning to fight him for some time. He sounds good and a few of my guys has fought and lost to him(all in the intermediate greoup really) but the sound of it will mostly put him here. If not, maby lowwer if he doesnt start training...

Bobby: the first outside aponent. better than nick long ago and literaly quit the game cause of me... I only faced him once and that was his last. So much time and battle and he got all trophies and everything. He was said to be the best around til lI came then he just left. Nick says if he played for about 5 months hed be a master cause its just cause I really went all out on him the first time.(last time im doing that.. a perfect guy who was already better than my best aprentice left.. thats why I dont go all out on new fighting people unless its tournies and I dont worry about them in my crew.) hes awsome at halo2 though, and is best at school so hes still got somthing going for him... Hes a perfect example of why not to over do it in battle to new people... he was a good fox 2... - retired

Greg(I think...) Winner of otakons 2002 so I had to find him! Its no easy corse going through alot of people to get him. John-O actualy found him and hes a big otaku^^ "All thats leaves is you SS4Ricky.. heh,heh,heh.." Shiek With a back up of marth and fox. A high tier user and good at it. -not retied, just cant find him these days

Andrew: Havent seen him in awile but he cant lose all touch. Hes been training behind my back with der to gain a few positions upward. A great samus player and backs it up with marth. Cant say if he really has others. But a great match ones he goes hyper on ya. Hes the old oracle.

Derrrrr...: Arch enemy.. A fox user and all I know till now... He was good while ago and an equal till he got pwneed awile back. Hasnt played me for moths and is saying he'll get better than me. Is training with andrew. He beat me in the old days qwhen it just came out but not anymore.. MY first rival. And I also kick his *** in blading^^. Derrrrrrrr...- now uses doc.

Intermediats.

Some, mat kid or somthing. Hes said to be a known guy and won alot of tournies but from what some my crew says. thats cause we didnt enter them. I need to find him but this place was givent to him knowing hes kinda good and one of my freinds told me much about him. Cause of him said to be the best in school till I got there, I gave him this position cause I never put ya in pro till I fight ya. so he could go up or down...

Victor: A mew2 player and my 2nd aprentice(Next to Xboxfan56) He knows when to back up and is very smart in knowing when its time to attack. Better in defence and good with items, Hes a smart noob.(Cause I Taught Him^^) also backs that up with ne0ss. His house is our house. xept with him telling us to leave every 2 minuts.. what a pain.. heh. Hes got the best place thats close to smash. and alot of food. *muchy muchy* -halo2 so... kinda retired

Mikes friend(the 2nd one): hes alright and uses link. Im not traing him so hes kinda absent from "My" crew but has some props in the basics. and this spot might go lower when I face him agian to see his true talent.. it will only go lower.

Cody: Thinks hes al lthat really, Anime president to the other side.. hes... dono.. i think link now.. He changes his character so much hes not getting better. A decent samus but.. not all that good..(AKA ThatGuyUKnow) and makes all the arangements. and has mad hookups to people. but to stubern to train...- retired for the most part. hasnt gotten better at all

John-O: A good player for his time and a decent player to newwer tactics. He knows all glitches and stuff but just need more time. He might be my 3rd aprentice cause victors to lazy... He uses marth and gndf. A good combo and good knowledge. just needs more skill and time. just passed the n00b mark cause I constantly tell him skills but barly play him. cause limited acsees to GC at school... heh. played him at cvics awhile ago to find his true level. - hes now halo2 and training for that...

n00bz

Mat. link and samus. was the best out of vic and cody and said hed beat me till i killed him then trained the others to kick his ***.^^ he use to kill cody and vic. I literaly trained vic to beat him. Now hes stopped knowing hes the best guy from the lower standards. Hes godd good cause hes just smart in general and got good fast.*Speaking about vic those last 2 lines^^*

Royce. Met at smash club of mine. hes the only n00b I remember from there really. He uses roy.. thats about it..

seith.... if he beats you, I'll never speak to you. hes the limit of total n00b. and last in line.. and mostly. shall ever be so. -retired for the most part

I got alot more n00b in the club who I forget.. there all worse than royce so I barly know them... As for higher levels I dont know. Mike(2) said hes got a master friend and can beat him so he might just make the master line with a month or 2 of work. We mostly consiter areselves the best we found from pros to masters but I can find some more recrutes on the intermediat line. I have only 1 or 2 above that line I havent played yet. I need to see their level still.

This list is abit updated but alot of people stopped cause of halo2. we have a cyber hub up and play ddr, WoW, online games and halo2. so itts hard to continue smash but im still as good as I was. they have local halo tourneys. ALOT of em so contact me about them. theres one comming up on the 15th(or is it the 13th...) i dont know.. But ask me later and I will. Common, Im pretty much a pro in halo2 cause I know the community, vids and stats aswell as im a good gamer^^ I dont say I can beat any out of stater but in smash you can always bring that to me and ill show you some clasic skills^^

Till Then.....

Posted by Fiindil

Name: Sean
Best Characters: Link and Dr.Mario
2nd Best: Young Link, Luigi, Samus
Worst Characters: Fox (too many SD's from Illusion attacks) Jigglypuff (honestly, useless character, i swear!)
Strategy: seems to change all the time
Best Arenas: Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths
Worst Arenas: Onett, Icicle Mountain, and Venom
Favorite Items: Pokeballs, HR-Bats, Warp Stars, Beam sword, Proximity Mines
Enemies: My friend Sergio (although i haven't played him at it for about half a year) and my brother Martin
Reason for playing: Fun, some gamers don't seem to understand this

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Fiindil: Reason for playing: Fun, some gamers don't seem to understand this

Those "some" are thinking about the "fun" from thinking about what to do with the money they win by playing a game ;). That beats any fun, any day.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Name: Gabe
Best Character: Marth
Second Best: Doctor Mario, Link, Fox, Falco, Kirby, Shiek
Worst: Pichu, G&W, Bowser, Jiggles
Best Arenas: Final Destination, Corneria, Great Bay, Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land 64
Worst Arenas: Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Cruise, Temple, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Poke Floats
Favorite items: Beam Sword, Home run Bat, Pokeball
Strategy: Do whatever it takes to kick my enemy's a$$.
Enemies: Patrick and Mark(Both dirty Shiek players :mad: )

Posted by Cyphus

DarkBulb...man, i checked out ur vids!
pretty nice man!...ur doc practically WD'es as much as mine!!! @______@
and i thought i was the only one who WD's Doc as if he can't even run normally.
You show good skills in mindgames with your feints too.
ur pill settups seemed punished occasionally, but u deff. know how to abuse his B.Air.

i couldn't say this about ur doc...but i think ur falco is at Least good as mine...hard to say, since our styles vary greatly here. You seem to SHspike-reflector from the laser while i prefer F.Tilt/Smash or Jab to D.Tilt/grab. When ur back is turned u dash SH reverse laser...i shuffle B.Air.
and i can't believe u did his Rising-Meteor from hanging on the ledge!(even though sheik grabbed the ledge just before) i do that ALL the time...its frickin' awesome!! why don't more people do it? it likes guards the stage w/ a spike...bottom to top!

anywho..i really enjoyed ur vids!...
btw...i don't know these other guys really...who were those guys u faced?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

One of them was my best friend with the high tech gear, Psionic Xero. The other was Dire Vulcan who is IMO the best in Queens while I represent Brooklyn. I hope DA members don't move here :(

Remember how I always say I'm unsure of my playing? Gimme any tips, cause I feel as if I'm still new to this. Gimme some pointers with doc. Not guidwise though, cause I love the doc and all, but I do find myself getting punished way to easily every now and then.

As for Falco, you said our styles were different... and you said by a lot. So taking a pointer here is not really a big deal, we just have different playing styles I guess. As for that spike near the edge, I really don't know why I EVEN don't do it more. I'm practicing on that I swear. The falco style... I kinda learned on my own.

EDIT : I made a thread for videos :cool:

Though I know you are the doctor mario man, so gimme some specific pill tricks. Also... who needs to run when we can wavedash dude :cool: ALSO... I need... some cape help. I really DON'T KNOW how to use it. Mostly doc :cool:

Well dude, I make vids everytime I feel like it when I'm there, I'm glad you enjoyed it :cool: I'll make some more with a hopefully... improved doctor mario. Also... it will be updated with tournament videos from the next tourny.

Posted by Xero

Name: FlameGhost
Best character: Kirby, ice climbers and Fox
Weak: DK, jiggyly puff (hard name) and yoshi
Favorite maps: Pokemon arena and the race one (cant remember the name, but there are cars running into you)
Worst ennemies: Dont have any, cuz I beat them all.
My strat: Don't have one, I just fight...
My level of competition: REALLY HARD! Be prepare to fight a hard ghost! :devil:

Posted by Cyphus

all i can say is :D:D:D:D, darkbulb :(

i just posted like a few paragraphs in ur vid thread......and it never posted(yeah..u were telling me about this.....glitch or whatever)
wow..this is incredibly gay. i'm not sure if THIS message will even post...so i'll copy it, just in case...anywho....

yeah, my cpu is totally gay and it seldom play anything half fluent for longer than 1 second..then its followed by choppyness..freezing..then starts the process over where the music lags. Thats how my cpu works.....but despite that, i do manage to catch enough glimpses(throughout the dozen times i watch it) to put enough pieces togther to figure out simply....what the hell is going on.
I managed to watch ur Doc vs. G&W and Sheik....and ur Falco vid...

You deffinately have a nice doc. Like i said...your WDing and feinting are great. pointers? Well u seemed to not get much out of ur pills...(i can be wrong) but i dont' recall any Shuffles in a pill rush, and i saw the occasional punishment for shooting a pill in the air by an oponent. I usually don't just try pillrushes first thing in a fight, personally. Usually i try to at least use a feint or TWO...but incorporating the pills in them. That kinna gives me a better grasp on how they react to their existence.
if ur unclear on ur oponents offense when your grounded...you can always just reverseWD into a SH pill...its a great safe retreat and makes them prepare for it(in vain, alot) When your really close you should try using his Jab more, and link it to a grab/D.Smash. I find his jab is a great follow up after a sidestep because of its speed. And to close that gap at midrange(doc's weakzone) u could try incorporating shufled sex kicks. or even a full jump over the oponent then surprise FF sex kick, lol...i swear it works sometimes!!!(just go behind them, in case they shield)
btw...great work w/ the B.airs!
I also noticed you tried using his Tornado at a DJ height. I'm assuming you tried to float over ur oponents attack then sink into them afterward as a counter. Only time i'd advise using that is when ur oponents ground(so u can move behind the direction their facing, in hopes that u'll escape if they shield)...u might wanna just Cape/DJ to fake out your oponent once...then AirDodge downward immediately after to get under them.
I really don't use his cape too much though...i average 1-2x a fight w/ it.
bleh..i dunno...i only use it when i know it'll work...like when try the same offense 3x in a row(that might have worked the first two)

i noticed u pilled the wrong way a couple times while moving to the ledge. Me-thinks the 'feel' of the motion was still set to Falco.
As using his pills goes, from a distance forward SH pill really is the best it can get...just follow that w/ a shuffle DocPunch(into Jab-grab if they shield) or WD-Grab(then..oh joy! D.Throw-F.Smash/UpThrow UpSmash-UpAirs! :D) and u could give urself some breathing room by reverse WD into SH pill(especially on FD)

ur falco is noticeably even greater. You play a stronger game of control than me, w/ ur constant and consistent reverse SHL(i mean...i can do them.lol...but i seldom ever think to! know what i mean?) and ur laser follow of spike-reflector >>> than my oldschool tilts/smash. It'd still be hard to say from my computer and my dif style...but if i were to guess, u'd have the better falco! I'm gonna work w/ spike-reflector as a SHL follow for a while now. heh

Posted by Barrysun

Name: Adam
Best Characters: Pikachu and young link
2nd Best: Link, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, and Donkey kong
Worst Characters: samus and bowser
Strategy: avoid attacks while going for the offence.
Best Arenas: marshroom kingdom 1 and 2, Hyrule castle, flat zone, poke'floats
Worst Arenas: non at the monent
Favorite Items: Pokeballs, HR-Bats, Warp Stars, beam sword
Enemies: Kenny and his buddy (who's name I forgot)
Reason For Playing: cause it's fun

battle plans: Pikachu vs bowser

Young link gang fight

normally uses 5 stocks for battle.

Posted by Corrupt

[color=lime](Yeah, I do realize this is over a month after the last post... but I don't care. *insert mad emoticon here*

Name: Ian
Best Characters: Fox, Mewtwo, Falco, and (probably) Yoshi
Second Best: Pichu, Bowser (I like using lower-tier characters to my advantage; as far as I'm concerned, they don't get enough respect)
Worst Characters: All swordsmen, and Samus... I just find any character that uses a major weapon to be incredibly awkward in combat. Thus, I avoid them.
Strategy: To be honest, I don't really have a definite strategy. I don't think about what I'm going to do before I go against someone (or a CPU)... I just go into battle and let my hands take control. Although I will say that I dodge a lot, I'm getting much better at wavedashing (yay!), and I <3 aerial attacks. A lot.
Best Arenas: Final Destination, Corneria
Worst Arenas: The Ice Climber's stage (forgot the name), Pok

Posted by Crono

Name: Albert
Best Characters: Marth
2nd Best: Shiek
Worst Characters: Captain Falcon, Yoshi
Strategy: Into the fray with counter, then fly into whatever enemies are nearby with combos and smash attacks.
Best Arenas: Hyrule Temple, Final Destination
Worst Arenas: Mute City
Favorite Items: Beam Sword, Bob-ombs
Enemies: John, my best friend, using Roy, and David, using Fox or Marth.
Reason For Playing: Because I enjoy it.