A Game Help and Tips board?

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Considering we're getting a nice unexpected new start, and this is the perfect opportunity to prevent a lot of the stuff that made this place practically unvisitable before, I figure I'd bring this to attention. A lot of clutter in most of the game boards before was people posting new threads asking for help or posting new threads with game tips. Help threads either get answered, then die, die without getting answered, or turn into a chat fest. Tip threads aren't as common, but I suppose they fall under helping. so yeah, vote away.

Posted by maian

To my experience, yes. Do it. Zelda is flooded with those, just for an example. People are too stupid to read help threads at the top of the page and whatnot.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The one question is how to we seperate threads by system? If we had a rule to start each thread with GC, GBA, NDS, and so on, do think people would actually do that! (I vote yes, one more source to get tips and answers to questions that I could use on sites!)

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Hell no. The fact that there are official help threads in the first place is just plain ridiculous. What is this, a nazi forum? This is EASILY the most uptight videogame board I have ever seen. For pete's sake, stop with this micromanagement. Just because everyone doesn't post like a "die-hard veteran" doesn't mean go and start FORCING them to. What do you want, here, the videogame board equivalent of a concentration camp?

Posted by coromoro

AA, it's only an extra board. I don't see how this could possibly hurt. If it doesn't work out, then it can be deleted.

Quoting coromoro: AA, it's only an extra board. I don't see how this could possibly hurt. If it doesn't work out, then it can be deleted.

Don't be ridiculous. This is a symptom of a bigger problem, and if you read my whole post and my new thread, you would know that.

Posted by coromoro

Your post was merely made up of similes, most of which were not amusing, followed by a statement. As for your thread, I don't think you can just go off and do whatever you want with the board without the moderators or super moderators voting to allow it.

Uh yeah, I can technically use my powers, until they are taken away. And if they are taken away for this, then I don't even want to moderate such a crappy board. Get off analyzing my typing style and start using your brain.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, you can use your powers any way you want, as can I. I could delete every single post on the boards I moderate, only because I can, but that would be "abusing my powers," and it simply wouldn't be proper. What you want to do, you could do, but I think it's a bad idea without the rest of the moderators concurring.

I'm not going to be democratic on this. Don't attempt to change that. It won't work.

Posted by coromoro

VGChat's most important decisions are actually democratic, just in case you hadn't noticed.

Yeah, and when stupid decisions are voted in, I might just have to take liberty to skirt them.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

In the confinds of the mod board, yes it is mostly democratic. I suspected a 50/50 on this idea. Most mods of the gaming forums being for it so they have a place to put annoying help threads without having to delete them with no just cause. Having all of them cluttered into one board would be a tad messy at first, but people would get used to the idea of putting (NDS), (GCN), (PS2), etc. in there thread titles.

Did you even read this thread? It would be a better idea to get rid of official help threads altogether! This idea of a help board where you put NDS, PS2, GCN, etc in front of your threads is MORONIC!

What is with you lately and bad ideas? First demodding Pit and Speedfreak and replacing them with Coromoro for when the DS blog became a board, and now this. I'm really starting to regret even supporting the idea of you being a super mod, and if you recall, I'm pretty much the one responsible for you having your position of power in the first place. Brown nosing twit.

Posted by Klarth

Put it above general gaming. We always get floods of newbies asking for game help in the first board they see (which is misleadingly titled), so it wouldn't go astray. I don't see anything wrong with maintaining help threads in their respective forums, either.

Posted by Echo

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the idea. It will have to be watched pretty closely, though, because unless a form of labelling threads is enforced, it'll be a mess. And, like Abraxas said, make at the top of the list, so it doesn't get missed.

Posted by Big Boss

No way. With GameFAQs around for years, a very popular place dedicated for game help in every conceivable form, there's absolutely no need for a Game Help forum.

What the hell is going on with these weird suggestions these days?