NHL Strike - Welcome Confused/Angry Hockey Fans

Posted by Mixhael

NHL is officially at a dead lock out. There's no way a season can start now, so with that said, have you lost any enthusiasm for the sport? Have you been doing anything to get your hockey fix? L.A. Kings/Anaheim Mighty Ducks fans have the Long Beach Ice Dogs AA Minor League hockey to turn to for live hockey action. I've also been brushing up my skills in NHL '99.

Posted by Crazy K

I dont watch hockey. But I did hear about the NHL season being stopped. What happened?

Posted by Mixhael

From what I understand, the blame falls on both parts. It's the owners' fault for agreeing to expand the league with more teams, becausethat was the only way to make their NHL experience profitable. It's the players' fault for not being fair in negotiating a fair salary. They know the league doesn't have big bucks, yet they still want more money because that's what the owners over the years have allowed. It's pretty complicated, but it all boils down to the fact that nobody watches the NHL. The TV deals for the NHL are horrible. Attendance is horrible. Revenue is totally down for the entire league and all the teams have overspent or spent unwisely. It could be the end of the NHL

Posted by NorthEastGamer

If you like hockey so much and they are on strike play ESPN NHL 2k5, NHL 2005 or Gretzky hockey from 989 sports thats what im doing. cant wait until next year when the season starts

Posted by Crazy K

That sucks. My cousin Ben plays hockey and the same with my cousin charlie. I never found interest with hockey. I do have a video tape of some kick ... hockey fights. I dont watch hockey anyways. I did watch it sometimes. Im sure my cousins do.

Posted by PaintItBlack

They cancelled the .... season. Over six ....ing million dollars. I was so hopeful when I heard the players had agreed to accept a cap, I didn't think that they or Bettman would be stubborn enough after so big a concession to hold their grounds on 49 mil and 42 mil caps respectively. They should have at least been able to compromise on a 45 mil cap or so. There's still a faint glimmer of hope for the extreme optimists, but I'm saddened greatly by the announcement.

Posted by Bubblez

Well I'm not so angry about the NHL lockout. In fact it's very exciting for me because a lot of players come (or have allready come) to Europe. My local hockey club, SCB from Bern, employed Dan Briere and Danny Heathly to play. Heathyl has allready changed club to Russia and now we have Jean-Pierre Dumondt. A lot of NHL stars are playing in the Swiss league right now and it adds an extra spice to the games. Those players are really a joy to watch.

Posted by Illyria110

im mad b/c i think steve yzerman is retiring now, even though i think he's had it

Posted by Mixhael

The lock-out is ovaaaaaaaaaaa

Let's go Kings!

Posted by Killer Jordo

yep it is over. GO STARS

Posted by hey

I can't wait to see the Avalanche play again hopefully the good ones aren't going to retire such as Yzerman I could see this being his last season though if he doesn't retire.

Posted by Raging Gamer

Alright, time to see who the smart GM's are, seeing as the cap prevents teams like Colorado to basically outbid every team to create a huge lineup.

Anyways, go Bruins!!

Posted by El Capitan

I sorda missed the lockout...because the Dallas stars would play on one of the minor teams in dallas and I was the stick boy...I miss those days. Atleast I can go back to the sky box and enjoy watching Mike Modano and the stars again.