FLCL

Posted by Kuja

Well, let's talk ALL ABOUT FURI KURI!

In my opinion I think that this is the best ANIME ever made...^_^

Talk on, peeps

Posted by Klarth

I read the first volume of the manga, and wasn't too impressed.

Well, most of what I thought of it consisted of "what the hell was that?!" I had to re-read it three or four times, and I still don't get it.

Posted by Mystic Hero

No one gets it. It's a wierd and messed up anime that despite it's diversity we still enjoy it a little. The anime itself doesn't make much sense to me. you see this kid and then these things come out of his head and he gets eaten by this robot thing. It's crazy but still fun to watch at times.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Mystic Hero: No one gets it. It's a wierd and messed up anime that despite it's diversity we still enjoy it a little. The anime itself doesn't make much sense to me. you see this kid and then these things come out of his head and he gets eaten by this robot thing. It's crazy but still fun to watch at times.

Apparently the things coming out of his head represent his feeling towards somebody or something.

Somebody posted all about that on another message board.

Posted by Arczu

That's all I have been hearing about this series. "You gonna be re-watching it just to find out 'What the Hell was that?'" or something. Whenever I don't get something, I always go back a few seconds and watch it again. Knowing that, I could be re-watching the same part over and over that I may not get through the first episode with some sense...

Posted by Legend Saber

Quoting Arczu: That's all I have been hearing about this series. "You gonna be re-watching it just to find out 'What the Hell was that?'" or something. Whenever I don't get something, I always go back a few seconds and watch it again. Knowing that, I could be re-watching the same part over and over that I may not get through the first episode with some sense...

Lol, if you're that kind of person, expect the first episode to take about half a day or so.

Anyhow, Furi Kuri was just crazy enough to the point where I liked it. Great anime, in my opinion (I love all the crazy stuff).

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Majesty: I read the first volume of the manga, and wasn't too impressed.

Well, most of what I thought of it consisted of "what the hell was that?!" I had to re-read it three or four times, and I still don't get it.

The show is quite a bit better than the manga, but the series is mostly not liked because the majoity of people don't like FLCL's style of dropping you into a story that is already in progress. I had to watch the series 3 times and read the manga countless more to really understand all of it, but now that I do I am really glad that I do. It is a great series that should not be passed up by any means.

Posted by Kuja

Hehe, see...Furi Kuri IS awesome, even though there isn't much to understand...it is Gainax...tehe.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Kuja: even though there isn't much to understand

Yes there is. You have to look deeper than surface level. You can see religoud conflict of some sorts, most visible in in Fire Starter, where god is mentioned, connecting the series to it. It also is quite emotional, but it depends on the viewer's understanding.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Kuja: Hehe, see...Furi Kuri IS awesome, even though there isn't much to understand...it is Gainax...tehe.

Gainax Kono Mini which is by far one of the biggest pieces of **** I have ever seen.

Edit : gainax's kono mini ;o

Yea, what boomstick said, or someones theory. Things popping out, some sexual reference. Everytime something came out, he was around the opposite gender. So ya. Yea, I need to rewatch it to understand it.

Posted by Kuja

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Yes there is. You have to look deeper than surface level. You can see religoud conflict of some sorts, most visible in in Fire Starter, where god is mentioned, connecting the series to it. It also is quite emotional, but it depends on the viewer's understanding.

dude, I'm like the biggest fan of the series. I'm just trying to agree with everyone. I see this "deeper purpose" of the anime, I'm all good with that.

Trust me, I understand.

Posted by Kuja

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: Gainax Kono Mini which is by far one of the biggest pieces of **** I have ever seen.

Yea, what boomstick said, or someones theory. Things popping out, some sexual reference. Everytime something came out, he was around the opposite gender. So ya. Yea, I need to rewatch it to understand it.

Yeah, you do need to watch it again...

Because there is nothing ****ty about this anime. So go lock yourself in your room until you understand it better okay?

THANKS!

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Kuja: Yeah, you do need to watch it again...

Because there is nothing ****ty about this anime. So go lock yourself in your room until you understand it better okay?

THANKS!

I don't think you can read, or maybe it was my typo? I mean even with the typo, I'm pretty sure someone coulda figured out that I did not say furi kuri was crap. I was just referring to your comment about "Gainax". I then used your reference of "Gainax" and used it on Kono Mini which is like I said, by far one of the biggest piles of **** ever created. I would almost say the same about Mahoromatic, except that was borderline funny. I've watched furi kuri a few time already, kay ;o. If anyone needs to understand it better, I think's its you. All you ever said about furi kuri is that its awesome. Big flippin wewt. Then you sorta contradict yourself by saying you understand the deeper meaning while at the same time you said that there is

[quote]Hehe, see...Furi Kuri IS awesome, even though there isn't much to understand...it is Gainax...tehe.

So if you actually did see the typo, and you are defending Kono Mini, then I really have nothing to say. If you thought I was referring to Furi Kuri, then you're wrong, just for the fact that I'd have to think more than 6 times before thinking this anime sucks. Furi Kuri is one of my fave's. Too bad there IS much to understand.

Also, velvet, you read the manga, please like... you know :( I'd actually like to know where they drop you off on this wild timeline.

Posted by Kuja

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: I don't think you can read, or maybe it was my typo? I mean even with the typo, I'm pretty sure someone coulda figured out that I did not say furi kuri was crap. I was just referring to your comment about "Gainax". I then used your reference of "Gainax" and used it on Kono Mini which is like I said, by far one of the biggest piles of **** ever created. I would almost say the same about Mahoromatic, except that was borderline funny. I've watched furi kuri a few time already, kay ;o. If anyone needs to understand it better, I think's its you. All you ever said about furi kuri is that its awesome. Big flippin wewt. Then you sorta contradict yourself by saying you understand the deeper meaning while at the same time you said that there is

So if you actually did see the typo, and you are defending Kono Mini, then I really have nothing to say. If you thought I was referring to Furi Kuri, then you're wrong, just for the fact that I'd have to think more than 6 times before thinking this anime sucks. Furi Kuri is one of my fave's. Too bad there IS much to understand.

Also, velvet, you read the manga, please like... you know :( I'd actually like to know where they drop you off on this wild timeline.

Woops...Sorry that I got all offensive. I didn't mean anything by it. I just love Furi Kuri, and I thought you were talking about that.

Sorry.

But what's the matter with Kono Mini...?

Posted by Klarth

[quote]it is Gainax...tehe.

so was Evangelion, and that was completely different. And enjoyable.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Kuja: Woops...Sorry that I got all offensive. I didn't mean anything by it. I just love Furi Kuri, and I thought you were talking about that.

Sorry.

But what's the matter with Kono Mini...?

I was so bored I was rolling on the floor like a cat instead. It was a nice load of crap.

And evangelion was more than enjoyable... especially the end ;o

Edit : Short nails... so many typos o_o

Posted by Kuja

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1:
And evangelion was more than enjoyable... especiall the end ;o

Gah lee, Evangelion was freakin' awesome!! @__@

I couldn't take my eyes off of it for a second...some bits where confusing, but it was so worth my time and money. ^_^

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

I loved both the manga and the series. The manga was much more violent and depressing though, still good. The scene where Naota killed his dad with a bat shocked me. It went in a completely different direction than the anime.
I thought the ending was kinda sad in the anime, the girls left him, but I think that was part of the theme of having to mature, and move on with life.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Wait... wait... um... omg tell me more about the manga o_o You mean in the manga, the whole bat thing was real and not like in the anime o_o oh shnap o_o

Posted by Kuja

Yus!! PLease continue...Naota actually swung at his DAD?!?!

Please...fill me in. ^_^

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

Quoting Kuja: Yus!! PLease continue...Naota actually swung at his DAD?!?!

Please...fill me in. ^_^

you sure you don't want a spoiler? anyways, heres how it goes....

Of course Naota's dad really wants Haruko, Haruko knocked him out and he fell on top of Haruko. Naota saw this and thought they were having sex. Later, Kamon asked Naota how he would feel is Haruko would be his new mother. Then Naota beat the crap out of his dad with his bat. It was a really bloody scene. After this Naota is arrested and held at the police station. read the manga, it's pretty interesting.

The anime was made before the manga (from what I believe, you can check this) so I would trust the origional anime story line over the manga. I don't know why the Manga was so much different, it had a lot of hate and deception, and got more in depth with Naota's Grandpas life.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Oooh, FLCL is my favorite anime! Yes, it's extremely confusing, and it does take a few viewings to "get it", but it's very satisfying to finally figure out what it all means. If you're stuck, I highly recommend checking out [url=http://oaf.anre.org/]this site,[/url] it has some very in-depth interpretations of the show.

If anything, give FLCL a shot for the gorgeous animation. It references many other animation styles and most of the action is perfectly synched up with the amazing music. The final fight sequence in the concluding episode is absolutely jaw-dropping.

The manga is a completely different matter altogether. I wouldn't say it's just a comic version of the show, more like an alternate universe situation. It does have its own memorable parts, though.

Posted by Kuja

Holy crappo!!!!!

Naota swing's at Kamon...AMAZING!! @_@

Never really liked Kamon, but eh...oh well....hehehehehe

Posted by Kuja

Is there anything else about the Manga that is a significant difference??

=\

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

uhhhh, well. Haruko never liked Naota or Mammimi. She flat out betrayed naota at the end and was about to shoot mammimi in the head with a rifle. But she was stopped, by Naota/atomsk. then she ran off, I'm not gonna give too much away.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Oh you gave away a lot right there. xD

Posted by Tiptoegecko

No one knows the true message of FLCL? Well, time to clue you people in:

There is a purpose to FLCL. The show is about puperty! Think about it.

Quoting FLCL WORLD: Naota is going through puberty. His life is rapidly changing and he is experiencing all kinds of new and confusing emotions. As any kid his age, sex is a constant subject of curiosity.

There are many different parallels between FLCL and society. The foremost is the innuendo of a young male’s sexual awakening. People are quick to defend the series — “Naota is only 12 though! Why would they make a whole series about sex?” The truth is, many people find FLCL curiously amusing and engulf themselves in the crazy series with out considering the obvious sexual tension and metaphors.

Haruko
Haruko enters the story when she hits Naota on her Vespa, traveling at 400 MPH. The context of this scene is more than ironic; Mamimi starts kissing Naota under the bridge, they cross the bridge on their walk home, Naota is hit by the alien girl and the insanity of FLCL begins. This is even clearer in the manga; Naota is hit by Haruko while he is making out with Mamimi. Haruko’s entrance symbolizes the the confusingness of puberty - hitting Naota out of the blue like an alien on a Vespa (foreign and unknown).

Naota’s Horns
Naota’s horns and bumps are an obvious metaphor for an erection. The horn stiffly sprouts from his forehead during intense situations; or more specifically, sexually arousing situations. Embarrassed, Naota tries to hide them with hats and bandages.

[url]www.flclw.com[/url]

^_^

Posted by mis0

Yeah, I think most people actually got that. FLCL is a decent anime, but the music is outstanding. The Pillows made one Hell of a soundtrack for it.

If I'm gonna watch a GAINAX anime, though, it's gotta be NGE. Nothing is as epic.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

[Quote]FLCL - Ultimate Edition DVD Collection (2006)

This title will be released on January 23, 2007.

http://www.amazon.com/FLCL-Ultimate-Edition-DVD-Collection/dp/B000ION2I0

SCORE

Posted by antisora

so are there going to be any new episodes?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting antisora: so are there going to be any new episodes?

nope. FLCL only has and only will have 6 episodes.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Tiptoegecko: nope. FLCL only has and only will have 6 episodes.

Well, you never know, they could decide to make another season or perhaps a movie in the future.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting boomstick: Well, you never know, they could decide to make another season or perhaps a movie in the future.

i would love to see FLCL in a movie. but i doubt it, FLCL's story has been told.

Posted by antisora

flcl dream thing

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Tiptoegecko: i would love to see FLCL in a movie. but i doubt it, FLCL's story has been told.

It's unlikely, but they could decide to make a movie when maybe she comes back and he's an adult or something, to show the stressful sides of adult lives in the same way the series showed the awkwardness and stress of growing up.

Unlikely, but still possible

Posted by Dexter

I just finished the last volume a few moments ago. I didn't care for this series. Extremely obscure material is still difficult for me to get into. It might be an acquired taste I simply haven't acquired yet. Pillows made it fun.