How much does it cost to run vgchat??

Posted by gamecorner

I was just wondering, how much does it cost to run vgchat???

Posted by Nemesis

I doubt any money at all. Its just a forum. Almost anyone can make one but probably not as good as VGC.

Posted by Prince Redon

Actually I think it does cost money....I am not sure how much, but I think it might...

Posted by Linko_16

It does cost Jesse money to keep this place going. I'm unsure of the actual sum of fees, but I understand that he counters it with money from advertisements.

Posted by coromoro

I think it costs quite a bit of money to get the forum, and then some more to keep it running. However, as Linko said, Jesse advertises a lot and gets money from his other sites, so he can keep VGC running for as long as he wants.

Posted by Ayumu Yumi

vBulletin: $85 yearly, or $160 one-time
Hosting: Can vary, but price reflects quality in most cases, you need to get your own host to run vbulletin.

Ads can help foot the bill if your site gets a lot of traffic.

Of course, anyone can make a forum such as InvisionFree or a Proboard, but 90% of those fail.. I don't even like posting at anything other than vBulletin.

As for this site, I'm sure this is on a dedicated server, and those can get expensive.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now it's max about $35.00 a year. It would be that if I actually renewed vBulletin upgrade access every year instead of waiting until I actually wanted to upgrade! :D:D Oh, you mean the whole server, with 84 other domains??! About $150.00 a month. vgchat.com alone pays for that!

Keep entering those contests and geting free video games!! *hint* :D:D:D:D

Posted by Prince Redon

Jesse isn't actually paying for the site...The site is actually paying Jesse...Jesse has said before in his retirement thread that VGC is enough to live on, not to mention...Other activities Jesse involves himself in...

Posted by Arczu

That's actually pretty amazing. A site that pays off itself and thensome.

VGC isn't bad, but I think that with all the care (or mal-care) already happening here, maybe the more people coming in means more traffic and... more profit?

Posted by gamecorner

how does the site pay jessie??

Posted by Hyper

All the ad revenue VGC generates goes to Jesse. That's a lot of money.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er that's VGChat and over 60 other domains. Add that up and then you got retirement! If I only had this Wacko site, then I would be on Well-fair and food stamps!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by G-Sides

UBB boards cost even more money than this one to run (I think a $250 one-time fee), so don't be suprised at this one costing so much just for a message board.