OMGWTFBBQSAUCE!!11 (1wa's comics)

Posted by The One Winged Angel

I was at a loss for titles. That's all I'm gonna say about the title.

Anyhow, I'll repost my comics that were here from the pre-hacked thread, as well as make a few new ones. Just so you know, there really isn't an order to these.

The older ones:
[URL=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/831630/Takeover.GIF]Takeover[/URL]
[URL=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/831630/Linko_Shield.GIF]Why you don't stand near support mages[/URL]
[URL=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/831630/Map.GIF]What map?[/URL]
[URL=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/831630/FryingPan.GIF]Half-baked Joke[/URL]

By the way, I'd like to know whether to put my new comics as images or links. Input is accepted (though not exactly paid much attention)

Posted by The Judge

Judge's Non Offensive (or at least not intended that way) Input:

I say Images. It's just easier. Also, this is what I mean. It's not cute humor, but sort of Stale humor. Example is the takeover one. Take some random objects and places that have no relevance to anything, and make the reader believe it ties in with world domination/destruction. Done already many a time, where random objects were used to accomplish something much more complicated (example South Park where they use a duck taped to a microwave to make a time machine). While the cut outs were good (I love the game Demons' Crest), the most it pulled from me was a "Ha ha."

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: It's not cute humor, but sort of Stale humor.

In this case, I agree.

Anywho, just use links. It's A LOT better.

As for the comics themselves... there are a few problems. Like "What Map?" for example. The red font on the blue background looks awful, and part of the blue font is almost invisible around the trees mouth. Also, the humour is a little bland.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The Judge: (example South Park where they use a duck taped to a microwave to make a time machine). While the cut outs were good (I love the game Demons' Crest), the most it pulled from me was a "Ha ha."

That's because South Park sucks. :(

Posted by Concerto

I'm afraid I have to agree, the jokes are kinda stale. U.U But no worries! Even humor takes practice. :)

Takeover : Maybe next time take it a step further, add another response that (I hate to say it) isn't quite so simple and cliched. :(

Why you don't stand near support mages : My only problems with this one are that it has white space on the left side, and it looks like you squooshed poor Linko a little. Oo; Did you resize him with the handles (on the box the Select tool makes)? You should always use the Stretch/Skew... option in the Image menu, at 50% and 200%.

What map? : I thought you'd already fixed the text on this one? Oo

Half-baked Joke : Aside from a little white-space up in the top-right corner, this one's alright. :)

Quoting Zerostar]hey, kirbykid.

Anyhow, my first animated GIF! (It sucks, I know, heck i'm not surprised if it doesn't even show up, an yes I know there's WAY too much white space)

[IMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/831630/Ajimclick.gif[/img]

Posted by Concerto

Not bad. ^^ Not, y'know, fantastic (less white space! OO), but not bad. :) But... it doesn't loop. Oo Did you mean for it not to loop?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Oo Did you mean for it not to loop?

I think most programs don't automatically loop. So if it was his first time, he may not have noticed the box to check.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I think most programs don't automatically loop. So if it was his first time, he may not have noticed the box to check.

[COLOR=Orange]Exactly. I'm still figuring out the frame delay spots, because I either make it too long or too short for the frame time.[/COLOR]

Posted by The Judge

It doesn't play on my computer. I tried to figure it out, and I'm going to go with the reniassance counter-style satire on movies, where your "animation" is rather an unmoving object to represent the social state of humanity, which is staying at a stand still right now in it's lack of integrity. Well done.

Quoting The Judge: It doesn't play on my computer. I tried to figure it out, and I'm going to go with the reniassance counter-style satire on movies, where your "animation" is rather an unmoving object to represent the social state of humanity, which is staying at a stand still right now in it's lack of integrity. Well done.

It's not on a loop right now. I'm open to constructive criticism, not "my computer can't play your animation so I'll just come up with a stupid thing for it to represent"

Posted by The Judge

You really can't take a joke, can you? I'm sorry your sense of humor is out of order right now, I really am. I hope it gets repaired soon.

Posted by Apathetic

No BBQSAUCE? :(

Posted by Wicked Sushi

My cold input:

1) I don't get the jokes. If there's any.
2) You use gradients, but then put MS Paint text over them.
3) Webcomic.

My nicer input:

1) I don't get it.

2) Try to not to use computer generated gradients. They look weird behind hand drawn objects. Nice scenery drawings by the way! Hopefully you didn't rip them.

3) I do not like webcomics. I don't get them anymore. I guess I grew out of them? Try not to make generic ones, because there's 1000s out there and if yours won't stand out, it will be just another "sprite ripped ms paint comic that noone really reads". Try to be unique.

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I just cannot express myself in another way about things like webcomics. Sorry.

Well anyways, good luck.

Comment for Roinkz: I know, I'm the bumping master! I have no idea how I got to this thread or why I replied to it. :)