NIN CD

Posted by Dandelion

I just bought the new NIN CD and I like it a good deal. Has anyone else bought it? I really like...I believe it's the eighth song. Can't remember the name, and I'm too lazy to go grab the case. Anywho, it sounds different than their normal songs though.

Posted by Corrupt

You mean "With Teeth?" Yeah, I'm thinking about buying it, because like many others, the only song I've heard off of it is "The Hand That Feeds," and I like it. I'm not so sure if the rest of the album will be as good, however.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm selling it back to FYE. I have Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, The Perfect Drug, Downward Spiral, The Fragile, Things Falling Apart, and All That Could Have Been (dvd and cd) and hold them all in very high regard, but this new cd just didn't do it for me. I think it sounds very uninspired. The last song on the cd was pretty good, however I expect more from Trent. I can't say the cd was complete garbage because I'm glad he's going for something different than his past efforts, I just don't like the direction he's taking. I wish I could say exactly what it is that I dislike about the album, but I can't.

Posted by Raptor

I just purchased With_Teeth at Costco yesterday, as it was only $11.99, and I already own every Nine Inch Nails album in existence. It was practically a reflex to throw it in the cart. After listening to it a couple times over, I have formulated an opinion on the album that I feel is worth sharing.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Dave Grohl (former Nirvana drummer, lead vocalist for the Foo Fighters) does the drumming for several tracks on this album. I adore the drum intro on "The Collector" in particular, and the drumming in several other songs. "Every Day is Exactly the Same" is my favourite track on the album by far, however, disregarding the lyrics. I love the melody. Unfortunately, it's probably the only track on the album that I am really fond of.

With_Teeth is certainly not a progressive album in any sense of the term. It's not a step beyond the inveritable masterpiece that was The Fragile, but rather a big step backwards. It seems to be more of a follow-up to The Downward Spiral than The Fragile. Fifteen years after Pretty Hate Machine, Trent apparently hasn't changed. He is still a whining little angst machine writing overly self-absorbed lyrics. For the love of Rayg, Trent, get over yourself. No one really cares anymore. A decade ago, you were a very hip Gothic icon whose anger and animosity seemed incredibly genuine and warranted; now you just sound like an emo has-been. Perhaps you should take a hint from the almighty Chris Vrenna and just continue to produce beautiful haunting music whilst keeping your mouth shut. I am really getting sick of your nasally voice. If "none of this really matters anymore" then why bother writing a song about it? Quit swearing and complaining so much and go find something that makes you happy. Listen to some upbeat trance or something, and take a chill pill. Grow the hell up, already.

Of course, you'll always have suckers like me supporting your miserable life by purchasing your records out of habit, so I suppose there isn't much to worry about. I still respect Trent greatly for all the work he has done in the past and the impact he has had on my life as a developing adolescent, but I would have rather seen him retire before producing this record. It's a disappointment. Then again, it may grow on me after awhile... we shall see.

But yes... "uninspired" seems like a very appropriate term to apply to this album. If you listen to one song off this album, though, make it "Every Day is Exactly the Same."

I have had three tall glasses of bourbon and Coke before composing this, so I apologise for all the typographical and grammatical errors that have inevitably appeared in this post.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm going to see them on Tuesday. Funny thing is, I don't 'em. Though I have heard most of their stuff, and don't really mind it. However, this new album just doesn't sit well with me. I guess you could say it made me very bored while listening to it.

Posted by Richaod

I'm interested. I've heard The Hand That Feeds, which was okay, and I have The Downward Spiral's deluxe edition (downloaded of course), which I didn't really like that much, and it's okay/semi-weird.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

check out this review of "with teeth":

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/musicreviews/n/nine_inch_nails.htm

Posted by MetalVox~55

Give me Downward Spiral or give me death!

Posted by Boner

MySpace.com had the entire album up for preview for a while. I gave it a listen then. I may purchase this cd. But, in all honesty, it's just a little too....i dunno....soft for me. It just seems so mellow when compared to some of their other stuff. I still think it's decent, so I will probably end up owning this one soon.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I've listened to "With Teeth" a bit at my friend's house, and it's nothing compared to Downward Spiral, but it's better than the NIN disc, which I've forgotten the name of.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting rivercitytecmo: check out this review of "with teeth":

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/musicreviews/n/nine_inch_nails.htm

:D