If you want a psp, then u must read this!!!

Posted by gamecorner

Screw that last thread i had, my friend was right. Read this thread, and can someone close that other thread i had about the psp pricing and date. Thanx.
Single-SKU $249 "Value Pack" to include 32MB Memory Stick Duo; 24 games confirmed for launch, including Need for Speed Rivals, Metal Gear Acid, and Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix.
After months of saying the PSP will "probably" launch in March, Sony Computer Entertainment America has finally set the launch date for its entry into the handheld wars. This morning, the electronics giant announced that its eagerly awaited handheld game system will go on sale in North America on March 24.

While the PSP's ship date fell inside previously announced release parameters, its price was higher than expected. Sony will only sell the PSP as part of a single-SKU "Value Pack" for $249 in the US, CDN$299 in Canada. The new price point is $50 higher than the $199 many industry analysts predicted; that was based on the PSP's Japanese MSRP of 19,800 yen (approximately $185).

Besides the PSP unit itself, the Value Pack will include a 32MB Memory Stick Duo (which usually retails from $24.99 to $39.99 solo), headphones with remote control, a battery pack, AC adapter, soft case and cleaning cloth, and a UMD disc with game-demo movies, and a music and video sampler. As an incentive for early adopters, Sony will include a free UMD copy of the blockbuster superhero film Spider-Man 2 with the first one million PSP Value Packs shipped.

More importantly for gamers, Sony today confirmed the launch-title lineup for the PSP, all of which will go on sale during the PSP's unspecified "launch window." "The high profile lineup includes a wide range of products that will appeal to every type of gamer--from the sports fan to the action enthusiast," said SCEA executive vice president Andrew House. While many games were previously announced, some were only confirmed as launch titles today--a full list is below:

Ape Escape: On the Loose, Sony Computer Entertainment America
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails, SCEA
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, Capcom
Dynasty Warriors, Koei
FIFA 2005, Electronic Arts
Gretzky NHL, SCEA
Lumines, Ubisoft
Metal Gear Acid, Konami
MLB, SCEA
MVP Baseball, EA
NBA, SCEA
NBA Street Showdown, EA
Need for Speed Rivals, EA
NFL Street 2 Unleashed, EA
Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory, Konami
Ridge Racer, Namco
Smartbomb, Eidos Interactive
Spider-Man 2, Activision
Tiger Woods PGA Tour, EA
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Activision
Twisted Metal: Head-On, SCEA
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade, Sony Online Entertainment
Wipeout Pure, SCEA
World Tour Soccer, SCEA

Also of note was SCEA's revelation that some PSP games would sell for as little as $39.99, some $10 lower than the standard $49.99 price most retailers list PSP games for. However, the announcement did not specify which games would carry the lower price.

Posted by Proto Man

Big deal about those titles... I doubt any of this is going to phase Nintendo.

Posted by Proto Man

The only title that really excites me is Metal Gear Acid, but that's it.

Posted by Shade

You could have just edited your other thread, you know.

Meh, not too head-jerking. You have to pay $50 more than you would have on a bunch of stuff that you might not even need.

Posted by gamecorner

actually, u need the memory stick and it comes with headphones, remote for dvd player, demo disk, and a bunch of other stuff. its worth it

Posted by Shade

Memory Stick, yes. But that came with the basic package in Japan.

And yeah, I'll really need a remote for my handheld.

Posted by Speedfreak

So, uh, how many of those games don't have franchises on PS2?

Posted by Foxy McCloud

So... How do I buy the version "without" all the extra junk for 50$ less, like in Japan?

Posted by Mixhael

Gretzky NHL comes complete with a "Players Union Strike" option.

Posted by Al Borland

That is honestly one of the best launch lineups I've ever seen. Rockstar has also announced that shortly after the launch they will release GTA for the PSP. All of the great sports games will be there, and with games like Twisted Metal and Ape Escape the PSP launch looks great.

Posted by Cloudstud

Just imagine how silly it would look using a remote on a portable gaming system. Why press the button on the thing when you can use your remote...... Thats just stupid.

Posted by gamecorner

"Foxy McCloud disagrees: What am I supposed to do with a 32MB Memory Stick? Load six MP3s on it? I have my own headphones, thank you. And I can watch Spider man 2 on my home theater projector. I don't really think I need a remote for a portable system either. No thaks."
The remote is acctually pretty good. One psp accessorie is the stand for it. You can use that to watch it and use the remote. You can also hook ur psp to ur ps2 and watch the dvds on there and use the remote on the ps2. Also, you need the memory card to save games smart one. And if you dont like the other accessories, then trade them. Besides, this is only for ppl who want a psp. Didnt u read the title?????

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting gamecorner: "Foxy McCloud disagrees: What am I supposed to do with a 32MB Memory Stick? Load six MP3s on it? I have my own headphones, thank you. And I can watch Spider man 2 on my home theater projector. I don't really think I need a remote for a portable system either. No thaks."
The remote is acctually pretty good. One psp accessorie is the stand for it. You can use that to watch it and use the remote. You can also hook ur psp to ur ps2 and watch the dvds on there and use the remote on the ps2. Also, you need the memory card to save games smart one. And if you dont like the other accessories, then trade them. Besides, this is only for ppl who want a psp. Didnt u read the title?????

Why go to all that trouble? By the time you are done doing that, I have my DVD popped into my DVD player and I am watching it already.

Posted by Unite

Whats with a few members here, gamecorner is just posting some information about PSP for people who plan to buy one. Instead we get topic filled with nintendo fanboys who have no intention of buying a PSP.

Now to get back on topic sounds great I'm looking forward to buying a PSP , I have DS and the game selection right now sucks.

Posted by Bebop

No games appeal to me and the 'low' price is still expensive for me.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Unite: Now to get back on topic sounds great I'm looking forward to buying a PSP , I have DS and the game selection right now sucks.

When it's main launch titles are a golf game and Powerslide-for-you Racer, it doesn't exactly stand head and shoulders above it.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: Powerslide-for-you Racer

Gran Turismo isn't a launch game.

However PSP does have a larger selection of luanch titles and contains the gneres which appeal to the Playstation's larger audience, and frankly stupid ones in my opinion. Sports game fanatics.

Posted by Scorpion

[quote=gamecorner]You can also hook ur psp to ur ps2 and watch the dvds on there and use the remote on the ps2. Also, you need the memory card to save games smart one.

First off, why would you want to waste your money on a UMD disk so you can watch it on your PS2(with the use of your PSP) when you could just get a normal DVD and play it on the PS2, since it does that and all. And I think it is incredibly stupid that you need a memory card for a HANDHELD! I just think it's a dumb idea, and if you were gonna watch a movie on the PSP itself, why would you have it so far away(screen too small) that you need a remote?

And no I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I have a DS but I also plan on getting a PSP, I just think they went WAAAAAAY too far overboard with these accesories. Sony makes the best systems ever in my opinion(IN MY OPINION!!! THAT'S ALL!!!) but they tried to have the best handheld ever on their very first try. Not a good approach.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Bebop: Gran Turismo isn't a launch game.

However PSP does have a larger selection of luanch titles and contains the gneres which appeal to the Playstation's larger audience, and frankly stupid ones in my opinion. Sports game fanatics.

Ridge Racer is, hence my piss-take ending in "Racer"?

Posted by /-\nubi$

it just doesent make sense, though sorry for my interuptness... the same goes for grammar >.> But back to the point, the whole reason for a handheld is so you dont have to get up. besides, though the PSP screen supossedly isnt supposed to be touch screen, its the same kind as the top of the DS's in which you cant see it if its turn up of down more than 30 degrees or so. But I do want to see the PSPs capabilities as well as its battery life, its said its supposed to last every other hour which I find very hard to believe. IF thats so, then it would just be as good to you 2 AA rechargeable batteries in which I have...

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

I went to TGS and I got to play a PSP (yes it was hooked to a rather gourges woman :)"
and I had no problems with the screen being hard to see. And it doesnt run for 1 hour even thoguh its not much of an improvment but its said to last about 3-4 hours of gameplay. On this one blog I was reading the guy that made the blog worked in the gaming industry in some way and he got a PSP demo unit sent to him (or however they get it) and he left ridge racers on without touching the unit and it lasted to 3 and a half hours.

Posted by Scorpion

Do you think that something would use more energy sitting there idly(however you speel it) or responding to buttons pressed and putting out sound?

Posted by TendoAddict

I personally like the psp bundel pack because it solves some of the problems people complain about such as the batery pack and the carrying case.

But this couls also drive way customers because now its only being sold for over $200. With that type of money new gamers might just buy any system and a some great game's (god knows you can get excelent titles for around $20, and I mean EXCELENT). But for hard core fans it seems like a great deal because it most likely that their going to buy one of those items in the bundel pack sooner or later.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Karl I guess that is true, but i never thought of it that way. my bad im estimating that (while playing) it will last around 2 hours-2 and a ahlf. probably 2 at the most.

Posted by Kopaka

^ I smell a troll.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Wtf are you talking "I smell a troll"? But this may sound weird but it would kinda seem cool to have a load time (not too long) on a handheld. Now dont get all fussy but to ME just me it would make it seem like I was playing on a consle.

Posted by Bebop

You ARE playing on a console. A handheld console. But I take it until you played a game that loads, all games and consoles before that didn't feel like you were playing a console?

Posted by Pit

The feature I love about the PSP is how the square button doesn't work cause apparently, we the gamers are pressing it incorrectly. Go Sony.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

That isnt that much, but i have to pay another 100 bucks for a 1GB memory stick duo so that i can put all of my shows and whatnot on it, like Naruto and Bleach. 24th isnt that far away though, i need to work more, on top of the money im spending on WoW.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: But this may sound weird but it would kinda seem cool to have a load time (not too long) on a handheld. Now dont get all fussy but to ME just me it would make it seem like I was playing on a consle.

Wow, that made me laugh pretty hard.

Posted by towelie

Y the hell would any1 want loading times???, its bad enough having to pull out my ds whilst waiting for some home console games to load, but wat r u ment 2 do while waiting for a handheld to load, swith on a home consloe?, by whitch time the handheld would hav loaded, and the home console would hav bn a waste in time. and wat r u ment 2 do on a plane? if its a long jouney, u'll only be able to spend about an hour playind because the rest of the time the .... thing is loading, personally i go with the old cartriges.

Posted by towelie

y cant i say ....?

Posted by towelie

k the word with .... is d-a-m-n

Posted by TendoAddict

Quote:
But this may sound weird but it would kinda seem cool to have a load time on a handheld.
-----------------------------------

Because every one knows what makes a game cool is load times. Thats why playstation is on top, because of its cool load times. Though load times seem like a video game staple some thing that exspensive sould work in tip top shape.

Posted by towelie

i hope ur bieng sarcastic

Posted by PerpetualAngst

Towelie,
1. Please Dont TRIPLE post its just unflattering and its called spam, dont do it
2. Learn to spell, you cant even spell "console" and you register at a video game forum?
3. Either fix your mistakes up, or get off of my internet. Thank you.

Posted by towelie

so i made a typo, wat ur prob? ur post had nothing do do with this thread, so go make ur own called "people with sticks up thier arse come talk me, as i'm having trouble removing it"

Posted by PerpetualAngst

I would like to refrain from fighting as much as possible. There is nothing wrong with me, I'm just trying to help you, M'kay? Your spelling is still incorrect and your posts arent contributing anymore than mine. Lets take this out of this thread. If you still have a problem with me I would be glad if you could PM me.

Posted by Pit

Okay, back on topic. I will be picking up a PSP at launch (although I really, really dislike the system). My friends talked me into and seeing how it's gonna be online at launch (if Sony keeps their word), then I can have some fun with it. Metal Gear Ac!D does not interest me one bit. I played Sons of Liberty and never played Metal Gear again, never. Most likely, like my DS, after I beat some PSP games, it'll be sitting there, doing nothing, as I wait for some interesting games to actually come out. So far Lumines, Tony Hawk Underground 2 Remix, and Darkstalkers are games I'm getting. Hopefully, games like Viewtiful Joe and Devil May Cry (which I plan on getting) aren't watered down ports of the original games. I really don't feel like playing through Viewtiful Joe and Devil May Cry again.

Posted by Bebop

Sony does have 5 online titles for PSP at the US launch.

Twisted Black, a game I'm sure no-one likes. 3 are sports games which I disgust and I can't remember the other but it didnt appeal to me.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I AM going to get a PSP, despite being a Nintendite. But not at launch. Knowing Sony, they'll release a cut-down pack (hopefully with just the console, as I already have more Memory Sticks than I know what to do with) later in the year, to milk money. That's MY launch window, especially since the GOOD games will be out then.

Posted by Bebop

I'll probably get one as soon as a game comes out that grabs my attention. The music and movie aspect isnt doing anything for me and the battery life sure isnt helping. Hopefully a kick arse game will emerge that will make me forget about this.

*keeps eye on Viewtiful Joe*

Posted by Pit

Quoting Bebop: Sony does have 5 online titles for PSP at the US launch.

Twisted Black, a game I'm sure no-one likes. 3 are sports games which I disgust and I can't remember the other but it didnt appeal to me.

Yeah, 3 sports games that are made by this company I've never heard of and that are published by Sony. They look, how do I say, craptacular. Look, don't get me wrong, the PSP has potential, I just don't see it being used as a movie player, although maybe with time that could change. I'm getting a San Disk 1gig Memory Stick Duo anyways just to store songs, since I heard the PSP has actual decent battery life as an mp3 player (an seeing as I can get this San Disk card for 60 bucks, why the hell not?).

Posted by Unite

Quoting Bebop: Sony does have 5 online titles for PSP at the US launch.

Twisted Black, a game I'm sure no-one likes.

Twisted metal games are quite popular(SP), it's sounds to me like you have never heard of the Twisted Metal series before.

Posted by apple1

want a free psp?

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=15346334

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Unite: Twisted metal games are quite popular(SP), it's sounds to me like you have never heard of the Twisted Metal series before.

Refreash my memory. Isn't Twisted Black that drving game in which the object is too kill? I'll be more specific. One of the main characters is a demented clone and weapons include flamethower and rockets. To really narrow it down I'll tell you it's a tiresome game, with dull gameplay. :)

Remember, popularity isn't proof that something is good. Take EA games for example.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Bebop: Refreash my memory. Isn't Twisted Black that drving game in which the object is too kill? I'll be more specific. One of the main characters is a demented clone and weapons include flamethower and rockets. To really narrow it down I'll tell you it's a tiresome game, with dull gameplay. :)

Remember, popularity isn't proof that something is good. Take EA games for example.

dull gameplay? hardly , The games are quite fun and story behind each characters are quite dark and gruesome. The charaters reasons for entering tournament are interesting to. I'm really surprised(SP) that you have heard of the twisted metal series. I find it harder to believe that you have actually played the games before.

Posted by Scorpion

I am going to have to wait for the PSP but Twisted Metal will be a must have. It isn't dull, especially if you win the contest and get to see a video of what happens when they win. My favorite character is Minion from Twisted Metal 2.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Unite: dull gameplay? hardly , The games are quite fun and story behind each characters are quite dark and gruesome. The charaters reasons for entering tournament are interesting to. I'm really surprised(SP) that you have heard of the twisted metal series. I find it harder to believe that you have actually played the games before.

Playing the games isn't the proudest moment of my life. In fact I consider it one of my worse mometns. maybe it's the reptitive gameplay or maybe it just sucks. Either way the 'story' behind each stupid character wasn't enough to keep me hooked and if this is the type of games I can expect on PSP, crappy ones, then count me out sister. *clicks*

Posted by Pit

I agree with Bebop, POST WISE!!1

Look, Twisted Metal to me, was somewhat fun. One, I enjoyed, and two was great, but every game after 2 played identical to it's predecessor. It's like they didn't even try to do something new, just rehash the mechanics from 2 and label it whatever.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Pit: I agree with Bebop, POST WISE!!1

Look, Twisted Metal to me, was somewhat fun. ! I enjoyed, and two was great, but every game after 2 played identical to it's predecessor. It's like they didn't even try to do something new, just rehash the mechanics from 2 and label it whatever.

3,4 weren't great but 1,2 , black were excellent. 3,4 were made by differen't people.

Quoting Bebop: Playing the games isn't the proudest moment of my life. In fact I consider it one of my worse mometns. maybe it's the reptitive gameplay or maybe it just sucks. Either way the 'story' behind each stupid character wasn't enough to keep me hooked and if this is the type of games I can expect on PSP, crappy ones, then count me out sister. *clicks*

How about this i like the twisted metal series and you don't lets just leave it at that.

Posted by evancooleo

I loved twisted metal and cant wait for it to come out on psp but i just hope the videos wont creep me out, some of those people were crazy....they need to make a movie about sweet thooth and scare the .... outta people!

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Bebop: Playing the games isn't the proudest moment of my life. In fact I consider it one of my worse mometns. maybe it's the reptitive gameplay or maybe it just sucks. Either way the 'story' behind each stupid character wasn't enough to keep me hooked and if this is the type of games I can expect on PSP, crappy ones, then count me out sister. *clicks*

I have to side with him on the stories, they were ridiculous. It would have been acceptable if it was some form of tongue-in-cheek humour, but it wasn't, just stunning lameness. I can't remember the gameplay too well, though, either way the game certainly has a rival in Mario Kart DS if it's as good as it's supposed to be.

Posted by evancooleo

I was lookin around on [url]www.ign.com[/url] and it said that psp was going to have a grand heft auto! I was wondering if anyone knew anymore about this?

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: I have to side with him on the stories, they were ridiculous. It would have been acceptable if it was some form of tongue-in-cheek humour, but it wasn't, just stunning lameness. I can't remember the gameplay too well, though, either way the game certainly has a rival in Mario Kart DS if it's as good as it's supposed to be.

twisted metal is different type of game it's a car combat game , mario kart is a racing game. I'm surprised that you have also played a twisted metal game before.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yes, GTA is on PSP. No, there's no concrete details yet.

Posted by Speedfreak

I realise Twisted Metal is a car combat game, but last I checked, Mario Kart's battle mode is hugely popular. I see the games as being similar enough to compete, they both involve cars, both involve battle modes, are popular multiplayer titles and are one of the more anticipated games of their respective systems.

I played it way back on the PS1, anyway. I think it was even before the N64 came out. I remember an evilish clown, an arena with cars, a few ramps and it being kinda mediocre, though that could have something to do with not knowing how to play. It's basically enough to know how it could be fun and what kind of game it is, I'm definately not sure on the details though.

Posted by evancooleo

I hope the psp's GTA will be as kick a** as the others! whooooohah

Posted by Captain Falcon

Well, I want twisted metal, but not as much. Though it had online play and long battery life, its graphice are somewhat crappy from wat i heard, but if you dont care bout the graphics, then by all means buy it. By the way, this is gamecorner on a different screen name.

Posted by Night Owl

if you go to [url]www.ign.com[/url] and to psp you can see pics of twisted metal that look really good.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting evancooleo: I hope the psp's GTA will be as kick a** as the others! whooooohah

I wouldnt exspect it. Remember that the psp disk's are smaller wich means that it would store less information such as car data and traphic patterns. If it is totally new then I wouldnt exspect a Portible San Andreas but a dumbed down version (most likely a city smaller then the GBA game's or less extras then a normal game).

I just hope they do a good job.